PDA

View Full Version : Online Campaign

SE_Aetos
03-03-2004, 11:41 AM
Well, I can't load the game till I get home so I will post some interesting things from the little booklet that comes with the game... Sorry for the spelling, but trying to type fast here...

OnLine Campaign

par2:
The online campaign is based on one host. As the host, you start the campaign, and the mission results are saved on PC. Other players can join the campaign, and from their perspective, the interface is not different from regular co-op.

par8:
The first option is how quickly you want to progress. the campaign date will automatiocally be moved forward after a certian number of missions.

par9:
The second option is what happens in case of a pilot death or capture. In Dead Is Dead mode, pilot death completely erases killed players' records and they must start from the beginning. In Immortal Warrior mode, the pilot only loses some points and his KIA/MIA counter increases.

(There is lot more, but I think I need to do some work... :( I really like how it will keep track of your life.)

SE_Aetos

SE_Aetos
03-03-2004, 11:41 AM
Well, I can't load the game till I get home so I will post some interesting things from the little booklet that comes with the game... Sorry for the spelling, but trying to type fast here...

OnLine Campaign

par2:
The online campaign is based on one host. As the host, you start the campaign, and the mission results are saved on PC. Other players can join the campaign, and from their perspective, the interface is not different from regular co-op.

par8:
The first option is how quickly you want to progress. the campaign date will automatiocally be moved forward after a certian number of missions.

par9:
The second option is what happens in case of a pilot death or capture. In Dead Is Dead mode, pilot death completely erases killed players' records and they must start from the beginning. In Immortal Warrior mode, the pilot only loses some points and his KIA/MIA counter increases.

(There is lot more, but I think I need to do some work... :( I really like how it will keep track of your life.)

SE_Aetos

adlabs6
03-03-2004, 11:50 AM
"The online campaign is based on one host. As the host, you start the campaign, and the mission results are saved on PC. Other players can join the campaign, and from their perspective, the interface is not different from regular co-op."

Hmm, maybe good!

http://www.geocities.com/adlabs6/B/bin/sigUBI.GIF
My FB/FS2004 Pages (http://www.geocities.com/adlabs6/B/) | IL2skins (http://www.il2skins.com) | OMEGASQUADRON (http://777avg.com/omegasquad/)

SE_Aetos
03-03-2004, 11:52 AM
I can post more if ya like. Most of the booklet talks about the OnLine Campaign. Any questions you like me to look up?

madsarmy
03-03-2004, 12:00 PM
I like the idea of dead is dead mode.
It sure will make you think about going in for a kill half hearted as survival is what counts. It should make for better team work & tactics.

http://mysite.freeserve.com/fbscreenshots/images/0-picture.jpg

"LOOK MUM NO HANDS!"

SE_Aetos
03-03-2004, 12:13 PM
par22:
Losses in planes during one day directly impact the effectiveness of the airfield from which they came. If effectiveness falls below a cretain level, the airfield will gradually lose part of its AAA protection. If the level falls too much, sometimes an enemy AI plane may attack the airfield during takeoff. Also, if airfield effectivemess is low, a supply flight can be generated. A mission briefing will warn the receiving side about sceduled transport flights. Successful landing of these flights increase the effectiveness of the air base. This effect lasts from one historical day only; airfields are 100% effective at the start of the day.

par23:
Every time a pilot completes a mission, he receives some points for it. These points depend on his role and destroyed targets. The oints count toward the pilots rising in ranks and is place in the top list. The list of the bets pilots, with their sorties, kills, and KIA/MIA (if immortal) sorte by points, is displayed in the next mission briefing.

TAGERT.
03-03-2004, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by SE_Aetos:
par9:
The second option is what happens in case of a pilot death or capture. In Dead Is Dead mode, pilot death completely erases killed players' records and they must start from the beginning. In Immortal Warrior mode, the pilot only loses some points and his KIA/MIA counter increases.WOW! That sounds very cool.. I think that dead is dead will really imporove the whole atmospher of the game and make it much more realistic looking.. Granted it does not play on one's fear of death.. As in real life.. but on a much stronger emotion.. PRIDE! ;)

http://www.geocities.com/grantsenn/kickme.jpg
TAGERT

SeaFireLIV
03-03-2004, 12:21 PM
Umm... I`m really interested about the offline Campaign. What`s new there, m8?

SE_Aetos
03-03-2004, 12:41 PM
LOL.. Could not tell ya SeaFire... To tell you the truth, I have not played a single player mission yet. I mean ever... since I owned FB even. Pure online player here.

Some more:
Bombing will effect the outcome of the war as well. But I don't care to go into detail.

Fangio11
03-03-2004, 12:49 PM
WOW! I cant wait to get this. It sure sounds like the online campaign thing will change the entire online IL2 experience. Or am I dreaming?

Will there be dedicated servers that run long campaigns for weeks on end, compile and publish ongoing stats, show pilots rank progressions and track the ongoing war? Sort of like VEF2 but even better?

Will a dedicated server running the online campaign be able to run multiple missions at the same time and have the stats all compile to count toward the same basic campaign?

If so... HTC plans for AHII may be pre-empted. This new online campaign thing would appear to have the potential of turning IL2 into a defacto MMOLG!

Fang

SE_Aetos
03-03-2004, 01:02 PM
Will there be dedicated servers that run long campaigns for weeks on end, compile and publish ongoing stats, show pilots rank progressions and track the ongoing war? Sort of like VEF2 but even better?

par6:
Campaigns may be divided into historical and fictional and also into automatic and Host's choice...

par7:
In host's choice, the host selects the plane sets and types ...

par8:
In automatic missions, the host selects only the number of players... Planes will be placed depending on the historical frequence of the different types. Numbers will be balanced for both sides

Will a dedicated server running the online campaign be able to run multiple missions at the same time and have the stats all compile to count toward the same basic campaign?

Does not look like you can run multi missions.

SE_Aetos
03-04-2004, 05:55 AM
Probably a bit early to ask this since everyone is still trying out the new planes, but has anyone tried an online campaign yet?

SE_Aetos