PDA

View Full Version : I had a dream about a feature that doesn't exist.

Evenesque
10-15-2012, 02:43 AM
So, I wake up today, take a showever, sit back on my bed and somehow fall asleep again for about 2 hours. In this time I had one of those weird, almost lucid dreams (this is also apparently the only time I can have dreams and remember them, right after I wake up and go to sleep again) about AC3. Connor was fighting a few hordes of Redcoat soldiers in the middle of Boston somewhere with Stephane. Somehow Stephane got disarmed and his cleaver went skittering off, and then Connor disarms the guy he's fighting, which was a big axe-wielding Scotsman, and throws said axe to Stephane over the heads of like 7 guys. Stephane catches it, and goes to work on some fools.

Then I woke up, and thought that would be awesome if it could actually happen. One of your recruits gets disarmed, or one of your general allies, and you then have the option after a successful disarm to toss the disarmed weapon to them. Could also work the other way around, sometimes an elite guardsman will disarm your tomahawk somehow, or your sword, whatever your right-hand weapon is, and you block and evade while either trying to disarm another guy, or your ally tosses over a weapon he just stole and connor automatically catches it.

Thoughts? Figured I'd probe the community to see if it was worth the dream.

Assassin_M
10-15-2012, 02:51 AM
You actually sleep ? that`s a feet not many of us do here..

Evenesque
10-15-2012, 02:54 AM
You actually sleep ? that`s a feet not many of us do here..

Feat*

JCearlyyears
10-15-2012, 02:55 AM
*feat
beat me to it.

Assassin_M
10-15-2012, 02:55 AM
Feat*
Blame auto correct

*feat
Blame auto correct

Bloody grammar nazis -__-

Evenesque
10-15-2012, 02:57 AM
So, about the posted topic.......anyone?

Shomu07
10-15-2012, 02:58 AM
I had a dream like that too! I dreamed I used one of my recruits as a Meat Shield :nonchalance:

MRNMRSPACER
10-15-2012, 03:16 AM
I had a dream like that too! I dreamed I used one of my recruits as a Meat Shield :nonchalance:
well thats not nice

Evenesque
10-15-2012, 03:48 AM
Yea that's kind of the opposite of what my concept was trying to accomplish lol

Jexx21
10-15-2012, 03:50 AM
what if that's actually in the game with the same exact animations you dreamt of.

Evenesque
10-15-2012, 03:51 AM
what if that's actually in the game with the same exact animations you dreamt of.

Then I would be 1) Incredibly Happy and 2) Looking into a career as a prescient.

NewBlade200
10-15-2012, 04:01 AM
Well... Thats interesting. Not much of a feature to get excited about. Not to poop on your dreams, bro

Free_Hidings
10-15-2012, 04:02 AM
feat*

(:P)

Also I take offence that you didn't kill any bluecoats in your dream.

Finally, would be a cool feature, but ultimately not really nessecary

LoyalACFan
10-15-2012, 04:07 AM
I hope it's not in there, simply because I always suck at taking care of my recruits in AC games, and he'd inevitably just get his head chopped off before I realized he was in trouble XD

But on the topic of AC3 dreams, I dreamed once about rope-darting a bear and riding it into town to tear up some guards. Yeah, I'm weird like that.

Evenesque
10-15-2012, 04:09 AM
I hope it's not in there, simply because I always suck at taking care of my recruits in AC games, and he'd inevitably just get his head chopped off before I realized he was in trouble XD

But on the topic of AC3 dreams, I dreamed once about rope-darting a bear and riding it into town to tear up some guards. Yeah, I'm weird like that.

I figured your recruit or ally would yell at you so you don't have to pay attention to him.

Tzeentch_859
10-15-2012, 04:26 AM
Also I take offence that you didn't kill any bluecoats in your dream.

Nice one...
On topic, not sure how well that could be implemented. It would have to be something that occured rarely otherwise you would
be left without a weapon in most fights. Although it could be put in as a feature indicative of player skill, as more expreienced players
would far less likely lose their weapon as they mow through red/blue coats.

Evenesque
10-15-2012, 05:25 AM
Nice one...
On topic, not sure how well that could be implemented. It would have to be something that occured rarely otherwise you would
be left without a weapon in most fights. Although it could be put in as a feature indicative of player skill, as more expreienced players
would far less likely lose their weapon as they mow through red/blue coats.

Well if it was implemented it probably wouldn't be something just a regular lineman could do. Probably like, a Scotsman or one of those Hatchet wielding crazy people in blue X coats. They don't show up that much, and would make them just that much more dangerous. I imagined walking into a fight with like 6 rifleman, a scot, a swordsman, and a hatchetman, and one of them goes and disarms Stephane and Stephan yells that his cleaver's gone, and Connor's disarm feature then gets a followup after a successful one called "pass" or something, and Connor just throws the weapon without looking at Stephane who catches it, without looking cause he's a boss, and they resume kicking ***. Should also be interruptable as well.

Also, since I don't know how to multiquote, I didn't bring up the idea thinking it would be revolutionary. I just figured it'd be cool. Provide a little extra connection to the recruits this time around, seeing as that's what they're going for anyway.

Tzeentch_859
10-15-2012, 06:20 AM
...Should also be interruptable as well.
Ahhh thats cool, so for example you throw it to Stephane and as it whirls through the air an enemy catches it or knocks it away from Stephane. That would be very... dynamic.

FinalJ1
10-15-2012, 06:33 AM
Also I take offence that you didn't kill any bluecoats.
Lol, have we heard anything for sure those 'bluecoats' weren't English spy's in costume. Do remember these farmers with pitch forks were the men who changed history.

Evenesque
10-15-2012, 06:51 AM
Ahhh thats cool, so for example you throw it to Stephane and as it whirls through the air an enemy catches it or knocks it away from Stephane. That would be very... dynamic.

That or you can get musket stabbed while you try and throw and it goes all wonky to the left or something and Stephane yells at you for throwing like a girl.

pacmanate
10-15-2012, 01:03 PM

Then he is our saint