PDA

View Full Version : The VR Feature...?

tjbyrum1
10-15-2012, 02:37 AM
I know it's not going to be in AC3, and I'm aware it is a failure to even attempt to suggest it, but then again - that's not what this post is about.

I was just wondering who else liked the VR feature. You know, the area where you could do Short/<edium/Long Kill Streaks, Flawless Weapons, Stealth and Free Running and stuff.. the VR Room. It was only in Brotherhood.

Personally I liked it, but I guess I can understand why they'd take it out (no point in it really). But I swear if they had a mode 'Survival' or something were you continously fought guards until you died - I'd spend my days there forever! I hated how there was always a time limit or 'don't get hit' conditions.

JCearlyyears
10-15-2012, 02:40 AM
Who says it isn't there?

lightning667
10-15-2012, 02:43 AM
It would be a lot more useful in AC3 than it was in Brotherhood. I don't know why they wouldn't put something like it in, but if they didn't then no big deal.

Assassin_M
10-15-2012, 02:49 AM
Yeah, who said its not in ?

Evenesque
10-15-2012, 02:56 AM
Even if it's not in, which we don't know anything about, I wouldn't mind despite the fact that I liked it. Ubi's put so much effort into making AC so much more awesome with this game, it's a cut I'm willing to suffer.

I mean they let us be a tree ninja. It doesn't get much cooler than that.

AnthonyA85
10-15-2012, 03:22 AM
I also liked it, though it was a bit buggy in regards to recording scores and badge/medal colours (I know for a fact that i scored gold on one of the challengers, but the scoreboard never recorded it)

Considering we're getting a a whole new combat system, and a whole new free-running system, i'd be surprised if they DIDN'T plut VR training in. I hope they have.

LoyalACFan
10-15-2012, 04:10 AM
I hope it's there, simply because I want to get the hang of the new combat without going into town and murdering hundreds of redcoats and/or colonists.

Assassin_M
10-15-2012, 04:12 AM
Who wants to bet It returns ??

LoyalACFan
10-15-2012, 04:35 AM

I'm not willing to put money on it, since it was absent from Revelations, but it seems logical that they would include it, especially with the new controls and such. There are no achievements about it though, so I'm not sure. Brotherhood had at least one or two for the VR rooms.

monster_rambo
10-15-2012, 04:48 AM
I love the VR training modes in Brotherhood but I am doubtful it will make it return. Seeing Desmond as a full fledged assassin, there is no point in going back to the animus and continue training. Part of the reason he is going back to the animus in the first place is to gain access to the vault. Besides, there are no achievements on the VR modes either. Fingers cross on that one.

LoyalACFan
10-15-2012, 04:54 AM
I love the VR training modes in Brotherhood but I am doubtful it will make it return. Seeing Desmond as a full fledged assassin, there is no point in going back to the animus and continue training. Part of the reason he is going back to the animus in the first place is to gain access to the vault. Besides, there are no achievements on the VR modes either. Fingers cross on that one.

They could easily make an excuse to have VR modes by saying "Desmond, you're in the Animus 3.0 now, so you should use these new VR modes to get used to the new interface."

MT4K
10-15-2012, 10:18 AM

I'll take that bet. I think it has more chance of returning for AC3 simply because of the new fighting system and change in controls :p.

JCearlyyears
10-15-2012, 11:21 AM

It has already been established that Desmond knows how to get into the grand temple. I wont post the Jupiter quote or the Desmond quote from the end of revelations.

pacmanate
10-15-2012, 12:52 PM
I hope it returns! I also want interactive cutscenes like in AC2, I liked them :(

Eskaminzim
10-15-2012, 07:03 PM
I'll take that bet. I think it has more chance of returning for AC3 simply because of the new fighting system and change in controls :p.

I didn't know gambling was allowed on here... :p

monster_rambo
10-15-2012, 07:26 PM
It has already been established that Desmond knows how to get into the grand temple. I wont post the Jupiter quote or the Desmond quote from the end of revelations.

He still doesn't have access to the vault. He either needs to revisit the life of Connor to find information on getting in or he needs information to find "Eve" who will accompany him to the vault.

JCearlyyears
10-15-2012, 08:39 PM
He still doesn't have access to the vault. He either needs to revisit the life of Connor to find information on getting in or he needs information to find "Eve" who will accompany him to the vault.

Give proof. What proof do you have, besides Eve needing to be with him, which isn't even for sure because Juno was vague. Jupiter didn't say anything about needing Eve to get in. If that was necissary, I think that he would have said it. He only said to take his words and to pass them from Desmond's head into his head, and THAT is how he will open the way. Then Desmond said " I know what we need to do." So,where is the proof that he doesn't have access?

MT4K
10-15-2012, 08:59 PM
This thread is about VR feature. Careful of posting spoilers about other things.

crash3
10-15-2012, 09:05 PM
I didnt really like VR, I much preferred the training rings from AC1/AC2, they made the game feel much more realistic in the sense that we actually see how the assassins learn and gain their combat skills

JCearlyyears
10-15-2012, 09:16 PM
I didnt really like VR, I much preferred the training rings from AC1/AC2, they made the game feel much more realistic in the sense that we actually see how the assassins learn and gain their combat skills

I think that the VR is more for Desmond than it is the ancestor.

naran6142
10-15-2012, 09:18 PM
VR Training will return...

I promise... :)

JCearlyyears
10-15-2012, 09:23 PM
WWhhaatt??

Evenesque
10-15-2012, 09:28 PM
vr training will return...

I promise... :)

lies!

freddie_1897
10-15-2012, 09:28 PM
I hope it's there, simply because I want to get the hang of the new combat without going into town and murdering hundreds of redcoats and/or colonists.
i like how you made your post politically correct. your like my science exam's. the school only ever uses foreign names because their scared of being racist.

pacmanate
10-15-2012, 09:35 PM
i like how you made your post politically correct. your like my science exam's. the school only ever uses foreign names because their scared of being racist.

Like Patel hahahaha

monster_rambo
10-15-2012, 11:16 PM
Give proof. What proof do you have, besides Eve needing to be with him, which isn't even for sure because Juno was vague. Jupiter didn't say anything about needing Eve to get in. If that was necissary, I think that he would have said it. He only said to take his words and to pass them from Desmond's head into his head, and THAT is how he will open the way. Then Desmond said " I know what we need to do." So,where is the proof that he doesn't have access?

I am still doubtful he can gain access to the vault right away. There is a good reason why he needs to revisit the life of Connor. It is ridiculous to think he can just simply walk in to the vault. If you look at the achievement list (spoiler), it is not until several trophies after does Desmond finally enter the vault assuming it is in order.