PDA

View Full Version : Learning curve?

T.Guywood
10-14-2012, 09:52 PM
Even though Assassins Creed 2 is one of my favorite games, i never felt like i was learning at a rate appropriate to the story, you were badass from the start because the combat was fairly easy, i never felt like i was getting better, or rather that Ezio was getting better, so my question is, do you think that the learning curve will be a little steeper (sp) this time.
It's an awesome feeling in a videogame where you have this scenario where you start out as a normal guy but over time you get better at the gameplay mechanics, and therefore the character you play gets better, like he's learning while you are learning, it feels natural, you know?

off topic: first post, yaaay i guess?

JCearlyyears
10-14-2012, 09:56 PM
Welcome to the forums.
Desmond is a master assassin and so he knows well how to kill ,climb, and be stealthy, so I think the learning curve will be rather flat.
But... if you suck at the game, you suck at the game, you'll get better,

rileypoole1234
10-14-2012, 09:56 PM
Welcome to the Forums.

I'm not sure about a steeper learning curve, but I think we'll be learning new things at an appropriate rate to the story. I think it may be faster than we think though, since Connor learns to hunt with a bow and a knife presumably as a child in his tribe.

T.Guywood
10-14-2012, 10:06 PM
Welcome to the forums.
Desmond is a master assassin and so he knows well how to kill ,climb, and be stealthy, so I think the learning curve will be rather flat.
But... if you suck at the game, you suck at the game, you'll get better,

Should have been more specific, i meant when were playing as Connor

GreatBeyonder
10-14-2012, 10:08 PM
Ezio actually starts off with almost all of Altair's moves and some extra, then has you earn some new ones throughout the game, i.e. double blade, poison blade, pistol.

Its worse in ACB where you don't really gain new abilities through the storyline, but are forced to just to buy everything again, with the exception of the parachute, which is earned via Leonardo's sidequest. The new killstreak system more or less makes you a god of death from the beginning.

ACR starts you off with everything from before and then hands you all the new tools (Bombs and hookblade) in the second sequence.

I don't really mind though, especially if I've just finished playng the last game and would be frustrated if we started from scratch each time. But I see why it can irritate people. To me, it just feels like one really long game.

pacmanate
10-14-2012, 10:09 PM
I think it will be right in this game. After all we start off as a kid, he didn't pop out the womb with a bow and hidden blades cause that would hurt :P

JCearlyyears
10-14-2012, 10:10 PM
I know, but you are Desmond who controls Connor and Desmond has had two other ancestors' lifetimes of skill, so if the game was really hard, I think it would undermine Desmond's abilities and skill, but, you are also supposed to have all this skill by playing the other games so if you suck, the game will be hard, and it will take time to learn how to do things.

T.Guywood
10-14-2012, 10:15 PM
I know, but you are Desmond who controls Connor and Desmond has had two other ancestors' lifetimes of skill, so if the game was really hard, I think it would undermine Desmond's abilities and skill, but, you are also supposed to have all this skill by playing the other games so if you suck, the game will be hard, and it will take time to learn how to do things.

I might be mistaken, and i probably am, but i thought that Desmond wasn't actually controlling his ancestors, but rather just watching them?

pacmanate
10-14-2012, 10:37 PM
I might be mistaken, and i probably am, but i thought that Desmond wasn't actually controlling his ancestors, but rather just watching them?

Nope, remember AC1, you have a puppetering concept. Thats also what 100% sync is, Desmond has to do (nearly exactly) what Ezio did to get full sync etc.

JCearlyyears
10-14-2012, 10:38 PM

He is controlling the ancestor, but the animus is not a time machine, he is working through the memories that's why the full synch system exists. I feel like I sound like a ****.