PDA

View Full Version : Give us liberty !

White24Room
10-14-2012, 08:05 PM
Here is the spot TV in a better quality than on the other videos.
Hope you enjoy, even if it's 480p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIQH_rQB3r8

lightning667
10-14-2012, 08:08 PM
Thanks for this. It reminds me of the revelation trailer when Ezio takes on a whole army except Ezio lost and Connor didn't.

Assassin_M
10-14-2012, 08:11 PM
NO WAY is this getting released on the Net officially..

This was specifically tailored for American Audience..

But, then again I may be wrong

Locopells
10-14-2012, 08:17 PM
No s**t Sherlock...

pacmanate
10-14-2012, 08:25 PM

This is going to end reallllyyy bad.

CrazySN

Well, it isn't false advertising. We all know that Connor isn't completely neutral till like the end of the game. We already have screens and videos of Connor befriending George Washington and putting American flags on flag poles.

lonewarrior30
No I shall not give you liberty

Assassin_M
10-14-2012, 08:26 PM
No s**t Sherlock...
Damm you, I was being subjective:p

Well, it isn't false advertising. We all know that Connor isn't completely neutral till like the end of the game. We already have screens and videos of Connor befriending George Washington and putting American flags on flag poles.

Did you pay attention to my wording ?? I did not say it was false advertising. The trailer just narrates the US Constitution(Which is of no relevance to most events of the game) shows Connor killing Redcoats just for the hell of it (Every trailer with chronological events had a target) and portrays Connor fighting alongside Patriots AGAIN with no target..

So yeah

JarodRussel2012
10-14-2012, 08:30 PM
Okay, now if you can actually fight against enemies during the pass through, that would be impressive. Is it just a pass through animation, meaning that when you climb or jump into that window, you pass through the building and jump out on the other side, or is it that you can actually go into the interiors of any building?

Assassin_M
10-14-2012, 08:32 PM
Okay, now if you can actually fight against enemies during the pass through, that would be impressive. Is it just a pass through animation, meaning that when you climb or jump into that window, you pass through the building and jump out on the other side, or is it that you can actually go into the interiors of any building?
Do not take anything you see in CGI trailers as features in the Final game..

You can pass through buildings, but we do not know if there my be enemies inside, also, he can throw the Tomahawk in the trailer, which was stated not a possibility in the game..

pacmanate
10-14-2012, 08:35 PM
You can only "pass through" buildings. You cannot stop inside them. Once it triggers on one side, the other animations are all the computer and preset until you pop out the other side.

Locopells
10-14-2012, 08:43 PM
Yeah, they're all H&G moments.

JarodRussel2012
10-14-2012, 08:53 PM
You can only "pass through" buildings. You cannot stop inside them. Once it triggers on one side, the other animations are all the computer and preset until you pop out the other side.

That might create some annoyance when trying to climb a house. You accidently climb into the window, and it triggers the pass through sequence and then you jump out of the building on the other side. ****it, I wanted to climb to the rooftop.

CrazySN
10-14-2012, 08:56 PM
Damm you, I was being subjective:p

Did you pay attention to my wording ?? I did not say it was false advertising. The trailer just narrates the US Constitution(Which is of no relevance to most events of the game) shows Connor killing Redcoats just for the hell of it (Every trailer with chronological events had a target) and portrays Connor fighting alongside Patriots AGAIN with no target..

So yeah

Well, I also didn't say that you said false advertising. That was merely a comment.

I don't really see why people of the UK would be offended by this. Those words from the trailer do show how Connor's beliefs align with the Colonist's, probably to prepare people for the hypocrisy of the Colonist's beliefs in the real game. A majority of the game will probably have you fighting along side the Colonists to kill a butt-load of British, so the commercial does well for what you should probably expect of the real game. The commercial also doesn't have to show Connor killing a target, since much of the real game isn't just about killing target's anyway.

Anyways, I liked the commercial. Not because it was pro-colonist. But just because it was cool, and it did show me of what to expect from the actual game.

pacmanate
10-14-2012, 09:51 PM
That might create some annoyance when trying to climb a house. You accidently climb into the window, and it triggers the pass through sequence and then you jump out of the building on the other side. ****it, I wanted to climb to the rooftop.

Wont happen, I don't think you can accidently climb through a window..

Jexx21
10-14-2012, 10:09 PM
I like the commercial, but it is Pro-American..

F4H bandicoot
10-15-2012, 12:08 AM
What a silly trailer.

xXRyzonXx
10-15-2012, 12:24 AM
Connor is after justice not picking sides, if he believes the americans are right in this case, he will side with them, infact most people believe the americans were right in that war.

White24Room
10-15-2012, 06:46 PM
It's pro american yes, but it's not what will be in the game

freddie_1897
10-15-2012, 06:58 PM
Connor is after justice not picking sides, if he believes the americans are right in this case, he will side with them, infact most people believe the americans were right in that war.
its not about that. lets not try and deny that the trailer isn't made to be truthful and honest, its there to appeal to the mass market, nothing more

LoyalACFan
10-15-2012, 07:45 PM
The trailer just narrates the US Constitution(Which is of no relevance to most events of the game) shows Connor killing Redcoats just for the hell of it (Every trailer with chronological events had a target) and portrays Connor fighting alongside Patriots AGAIN with no target..

So yeah

I hate to be that guy, but tha wasn't the US Constitution. The Constitution wasn't written until 1789, many years after the events of the game and almost a decade after the Revolution.

pacmanate
10-15-2012, 07:48 PM
It's pro american yes, but it's not what will be in the game

But thats the problem. Same argument could be "Oh, it has zombies, but it won't be in the game" :P

BBALive
10-15-2012, 08:55 PM
We already have screens and videos of Connor befriending George Washington and putting American flags on flag poles.

Yeah, and we also have a trailer where it shows him walking up to George Washington while saying that the road will sometimes take him places he doesn't want to go (not the exact quote, obviously). What's your point?

Also, "shaking hands with" doesn't mean "befriending". Perhaps you were referring to a different clip.

freddie_1897
10-15-2012, 09:16 PM
i can't help but get the mental image in my head of one of those cartoons they have in newspapers crucifying politicians but instead having a naked man painted with the stars and stripes having his arse kissed by a man with 'ubisoft marketing director' tattooed on his back.

could someone make this?

stingray10
10-15-2012, 09:57 PM
No wonder this trailer was shown in America...To be honest i am a bit tired of this liberty ****, i really do hope i don't have to listen to Connor talking about it for the whole game, with the flag popping up in the end.

TheDanteEX
10-15-2012, 11:16 PM
Tired of liberty? But that's what Connor believes in. That's what most Assassins believe in. If you mean tired of the commercials catering to American audiences, then I understand.

lightlamp
10-16-2012, 02:33 AM
Remember guys Connor's enemy is the Templars! HAHAHAHAHA

Evenesque
10-16-2012, 02:35 AM
So tired of this conversation.

connor_bg
10-16-2012, 07:50 AM
I hate to be that guy, but tha wasn't the US Constitution. The Constitution wasn't written until 1789, many years after the events of the game and almost a decade after the Revolution.

The american Constitution was written in 1787....

BBALive
10-16-2012, 10:31 AM
The american Constitution was written in 1787....

it went into effect in 1789, he probably mixed the two dates.

Slayer_WTF
10-16-2012, 11:55 AM
Full HD:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KD6x861_gbk&feature=youtu.be

POP1Fan
10-16-2012, 12:25 PM
Pretty ****ty CG in my opinion.

HisSpiritLives
10-16-2012, 01:20 PM
I really liked trailer ,and maybe will really be able to trow tomahawk,i even remember someone mentioning that before.