PDA

View Full Version : Oh Lord, Major Spoiler Alert - Desmond Leaked Achievement Explanation

BlankDistortion
10-14-2012, 06:54 PM
My god, the day before I decided to go dark, I end up finding this in the wiki, not able to contain myself, translating the Portuguese, and reading it. Here is your second chance to walk away and not read this.

SPOILER ALERT

Alright, I warned you twice, so whatever you learn now is your responsibility. The first leaked secret achievement concerning Desmond mentions the Stadium, but I can't remember the exact name. According to two Tech Tudo Interviews with Bertrand Chaverot and Philippe Ducharme, Desmond is going to Brazil, specifically a soccer stadium there. Yeah, here are the translations from Portuguese I got from Google Translate.

During an exclusive interview to TechTudo, the director of Ubisoft Brazil, Bertrand Chaverot revealed that the Brazilian fans will have a surprise on Assassin's Creed 3. An event will occur within the plot of a soccer stadium in Brazil. This event is part of the storyline of Desmond, and the protagonist of the first titles that divide the attention of the new game with Connor Kenway.

And...

A producer of Assassin's Creed 3, Philippe Ducharme, was present at the Brazil Game Show 2012 to talk about the upcoming release of Ubisoft and distribute autographs for fans of the franchise. In an exclusive interview to TechTudo, he talked about the great news about the title and the passion of the Brazilian public:

TechTudo - What's the big highlight of Assassins Creed 3?

Philippe Ducharme: ...I do not want to give spoilers or tell part of the story, but I say that there are special moments for the Brazilian fans too. However, they will have to wait a few weeks to discover what is hidden.

TT- How is this passing of Desmond in a Brazilian soccer stadium?

PD- It's one of the moments that Desmond escapes in history. We do not talk much character to not disclose some important information and end up telling part of the story. What I can say is that some of his secrets have answers, not necessarily a conclusion, and that will be a very active character. Furthermore, it will give some more escapades in different places.

Here were the websites - http://www.techtudo.com.br/jogos/noticia/2012/09/trama-de-assassins-creed-3-tera-evento-em-estadio-brasileiro-de-futebol.html and http://www.techtudo.com.br/jogos/noticia/2012/10/produtor-de-assassins-creed-3-conta-novidades-do-jogo-na-brasil-game-show-2012.html

There you go.

Layytez
10-14-2012, 07:10 PM
I read this before.

maxerx180
10-14-2012, 07:14 PM
I read this before.

Yeah I belive alot of people have and I honestly don't think that it is real.

BlankDistortion
I read this before.

Congrats to you, and your amazing achievement. You deserve a medal. I've read t before too, I saw it during the week a few days back and ignored it. I'm not bothered on whether or not you have read it already.

pacmanate
So he goes to brazil... wow!

BlankDistortion
10-14-2012, 07:20 PM
Yeah I belive alot of people have and I honestly don't think that it is real.

Did you check the site I posted? I am pretty sure that this is official, specifically the second one that hints more at it. The site has a picture, and that gu is a real producer of the game. At least I figure that.

rileypoole1234
10-14-2012, 07:22 PM
I saw this a very long time ago, that's sort of why I think it's fake. It wouldn't make any sense story wise.

maxerx180
10-14-2012, 07:26 PM
Did you check the site I posted? I am pretty sure that this is official, specifically the second one that hints more at it. The site has a picture, and that gu is a real producer of the game. At least I figure that.

I'm just saying this came from a forum post about a month ago. So I'm not sure how real this is but I don't belive it.

Edit: rileypoole1234 beat me to it.

Slayer_WTF
10-14-2012, 07:26 PM
What the f..

eagleforlife1
10-14-2012, 08:24 PM
Congrats to you, and your amazing achievement. You deserve a medal. I've read t before too, I saw it during the week a few days back and ignored it. I'm not bothered on whether or not you have read it already.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-PIckHrZ0o

Slayer_WTF
10-14-2012, 08:34 PM
I compared the location of the most important stages in Brazil with the Temple which is located in Brazil. There is nothing..

GreatBeyonder
10-14-2012, 08:44 PM
Sao Paolo, Brazil to be specific, according to Altair's Codex.

BlankDistortion
10-14-2012, 08:49 PM
Sao Paolo, Brazil to be specific, according to Altair's Codex.

Sao Paulo has a soccer/football team, its called São Paulo FC. It is one of the best supported clubs in the area.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S%C3%A3o_Paulo_FC

Locopells
10-14-2012, 08:50 PM

Even if it is legit...this.

BlankDistortion
10-14-2012, 08:51 PM
Even if it is legit...this.

Who know's its possible, considering there is a temple there, or at least that is what I remember.

Slayer_WTF
10-14-2012, 08:52 PM
In Sao Paulo there is a team of Assassins.

Layytez
10-14-2012, 08:56 PM

What is your ****ing problem ? Did I say this is old news ? Did I say this is not important ? No. All I said was that ive read this before and now you have brought it up to everyones attention. Jesus some people..

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
10-14-2012, 08:57 PM
Guys, please keep discussions civil.

dxsxhxcx
10-14-2012, 09:02 PM
I saw this a very long time ago, that's sort of why I think it's fake. It wouldn't make any sense story wise. Tech Tudo is part of a bigger portal called Globo.com that is owned by the biggest media company of my country (Brazil), I doubt they would just post rumors about something (without at least adress it as a rumor) so I don't think this news is fake, also the information that was posted some weeks ago about this had the first link in the OP post as the source.

BlankDistortion
10-14-2012, 09:03 PM
What is your ****ing problem ? Did I say this is old news ? Did I say this is not important ? No. All I said was that ive read this before and now you have brought it up to everyones attention. Jesus some people..

I thought what you said was in a form of offense toward me, sorry. It just sounded like you were saying its old news and doesn't matter from my side.

AltairCBM
10-14-2012, 09:05 PM
Yeah, I'm convinced.

Layytez
10-14-2012, 09:05 PM
Well I wasn't. I was just stating that I have also read this but thought it wasn't 100% confirmed to make a thread about when I first read it. Although I think a thread was made but i'm not too sure...

BlankDistortion
10-14-2012, 09:06 PM
In Sao Paulo there is a team of Assassins.

That's interesting, let me see something real quick then. Yeah, that's right, it is in one of the email's in brotherhood. William had said that they had to move safe houses again and it was really close in the email to Shaun. Hm.

Layytez
10-14-2012, 09:12 PM
So this stadium n brazil connects to the stadium achievement ? Or is there still a chance we visit a stadium in new york ?

BlankDistortion
10-14-2012, 09:15 PM
So this stadium n brazil connects to the stadium achievement ? Or is there still a chance we visit a stadium in new york ?

We don't have official confirmation, the information only says the Desmond is going to have something to do with Brazilian Soccer, really. It is just easiest to assume that he will be going to a stadium there, and more likely São Paulo.

White24Room
10-14-2012, 10:00 PM
I don't think he's going in a Brazilian Stadium, just a stadium.

BlankDistortion
10-14-2012, 10:34 PM
I don't think he's going in a Brazilian Stadium, just a stadium.

I'm not so sure, this is official stuff, I can't make promises, but a trip to Brazil seems quite possible now.

Stroonzje
10-14-2012, 10:41 PM
think about this if desmond an co. somehow make it too brazil the desmond part must be pretty crazy

BlankDistortion
10-14-2012, 10:47 PM
think about this if desmond an co. somehow make it too brazil the desmond part must be pretty crazy

Not really, if you think about it. They would have to have a purpose, and their is an Assassin HQ there, along with at least one other Assassin team, both in São Paulo, which has their own major stadium. There a a million reasons the Desmond Party would make their way to Brazil, we just don't know them.

Layytez
10-14-2012, 10:50 PM
I'm guessing the animus will be used in the van again aswell then ?

BlankDistortion
10-14-2012, 10:53 PM
I'm guessing the animus will be used in the van again aswell then ?

Sure, that works perfectly fine in some cases, not sure though. They won't be able to use it when they are traveling the Brazil though, unless they drive from NEW YORK CITY TO SÃO PAULO. In which case, they would be insane.

Layytez
10-14-2012, 10:55 PM
Sure, that works perfectly fine in some cases, not sure though. They won't be able to use it when they are traveling the Brazil though, unless they drive from NEW YORK CITY TO SÃO PAULO. In which case, they would be insane.
But they need access to an animus though. Unless they have one in Sao Paulo then they are gonna need to drive there o.O

BlankDistortion
10-14-2012, 10:57 PM
But they need access to an animus though. Unless they have one in Sao Paulo then they are gonna need to drive there o.O

Well, I am sure they can transport it somehow, and there is a small chance that there is one already there. I am sure Rebecca may have had the schematics and information sent to the other teams while she was working on it so that everyone could get the access they needed. I don't know, we will have to see about all that.

Jexx21
10-14-2012, 10:58 PM
I still think that the Animus 3.0 is made with TWCB tech..

BlankDistortion
10-14-2012, 11:01 PM
I still think that the Animus 3.0 is made with TWCB tech..

What if the Anumus 3.0 wasn't even a real animus, and Desmond was controlling the Bleeding Effect and accessing his genetic memories?
No, but seriously, we won't know until the game is out. According to the universe though, the who animus itself was a part of TWCB tech, looking back on what Vidic said about all major advancements being made by the templars, and not even made but discovered.

Layytez
10-14-2012, 11:11 PM
A wireless animus where u wear glasses :p

Locopells
10-14-2012, 11:19 PM
Not as daft as it sounds - SPOILER, but wasn't there something in the achievements about syncing the Animus to the Cloud? Suggesting at least multiple-access points, if not completely portable.

BlankDistortion
10-14-2012, 11:25 PM
Not as daft as it sounds - SPOILER, but wasn't there something in the achievements about syncing the Animus to the Cloud? Suggesting at least multiple-access points, if not completely portable.

Well, as gamers, we know what a cloud is, and I know I have heard that before. Completely possible, now that I think of it. I figured there would be more animus tech around the assassins than just Baby.

xXRyzonXx
10-14-2012, 11:28 PM
I highly doubt they would find a reason to say "Hey, Lets go to brazil! Its not like we are we outside the grand temple!!" Also, there is a screenshot of them in the grandtemple with the animus and computers and such.

BlankDistortion
10-14-2012, 11:29 PM
I highly doubt they would find a reason to say "Hey, Lets go to brazil! Its not like we are we outside the grand temple!!" Also, there is a screenshot of them in the grandtemple with the animus and computers and such.

Well than what the hell are the producers doing?

Layytez
10-14-2012, 11:32 PM
If we do go to brazil it must be quick.

xXRyzonXx
10-15-2012, 12:36 AM
Well than what the hell are the producers doing?

what makes you so sure the interview isn't fake?

Sgt_Alistair
10-15-2012, 12:48 AM
If it was fake,the director of Ubisoft Brazil ( Bertrand Chaverot) would have denied,since the notice became famous.And why not,there was an apple in São Paulo. ;)

xXRyzonXx
10-15-2012, 12:58 AM
If it was fake,the director of Ubisoft Brazil ( Bertrand Chaverot) would have denied,since the notice became famous.And why not,there was an apple in São Paulo. ;)

I highly doubt he would say anything about it, even if it was fake.

Sgt_Alistair
10-15-2012, 01:08 AM
I highly doubt he would say anything about it, even if it was fake.

He was the one who said it in the interview.

xXRyzonXx
10-15-2012, 01:09 AM
He was the one who said it in the interview.

Yeah, but I still don't think he cares.

They've been so secretive about everything Desmond so far, they wouldn't reveal something this crucial.

Sgt_Alistair
10-15-2012, 01:27 AM
Yeah, but I still don't think he cares.

They've been so secretive about everything Desmond so far, they wouldn't reveal something this crucial.
Well,if its that crucial,I think he would have denied it.Really,if there's going to be a part of ac3 in brazil,he would be the first person to know it,AND the first person to share it.I see this as a strategy of marketing,to attract more brazilians to the franchise...but that's just speculation.:p

xXRyzonXx
10-15-2012, 01:37 AM
Well,if its that crucial,I think he would have denied it.Really,if there's going to be a part of ac3 in brazil,he would be the first person to know it,AND the first person to share it.I see this as a strategy of marketing,to attract more brazilians to the franchise...but that's just speculation.:p

I have already said my reason why i think its fake, i have nothing more to say.

Sgt_Alistair
10-15-2012, 01:44 AM
Ok.I don't want to start an unnecessary discussion here,and I made my point too.We will see when the game is released.Thanks for your patience.:o

BlankDistortion
10-15-2012, 02:28 AM
what makes you so sure the interview isn't fake?

Page 2, actually. "Tech Tudo is part of a bigger portal called Globo.com that is owned by the biggest media company of my country (Brazil), I doubt they would just post rumors about something (without at least adress it as a rumor) so I don't think this news is fake, also the information that was posted some weeks ago about this had the first link in the OP post as the source."
Plus what Sgt_Alistair was saying about Bertrand.

rileypoole1234
10-15-2012, 02:39 AM
The more I think about it the more plausible it seems, but when I first saw the "Stadium" achievement I immediately thought of Madison Sq. Garden. Meh, maybe this is all true and I'll look like a fool when it happens. In fact, that's probably what will happen.

LoyalACFan
10-15-2012, 04:32 AM

If this is true, this marks the second game this year in which I have killed people in a Brazilian soccer stadium. Apparently Desmond is pulling a Max Payne.

monster_rambo
10-15-2012, 05:11 AM
If you look closely at the hacked webpage game, Desmond is overlooking a UFC style stadium. I don't think he is going to be at a football stadium. You guys definitely should check it out and give it some thought.

Saqaliba
10-15-2012, 06:33 AM
Really! Where did you find this image? Can you PM me the URL please?!

I hope Ubisoft did their homework, because Brazil is currently renovating their stadiums for FIFA 2014. This is what Estádio do Pacaembu currently looks like as of September 22 this year:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/394183_425919864122407_115559666_n.jpg

http://f.i.uol.com.br/fotografia/2012/09/10/188142-970x600-1.jpeg
It is being replaced by Arena de São Paulo. Some nice free-running construction site. Wonder if Ubisoft are aware of renovations!

Reference:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arena_de_S%C3%A3o_Paulo

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Est%C3%A1dio_do_Pacaembu

Saqaliba
10-15-2012, 06:46 AM
There are 146 stadium in Sao Paulo:

http://www.worldstadiums.com/south_america/countries/brazil/sao_paulo.shtml

Tzeentch_859
10-15-2012, 06:47 AM
http://imageshack.us/a/img11/4067/dfef.png
From the hacked history webpage. It looks like it says "Torneo" which is spanish for 'Tournament'.

EDIT: Looks more like "Torneio" which is portugese for " Tournament". Portugese is the official language of Brazil.

Saqaliba
10-15-2012, 06:56 AM
Exactly. Where there not Mayan temple's in that region. Some of Subject 16's glyph's where of a South American nature. Hmmmm.

Tzeentch_859
10-15-2012, 07:03 AM
Yeah, the mayan (?) glyphs of the animals that 16 'painted' around like the monkey. Also the Mayan/Aztec god (not sure which) Quetzcoatl (likely incorrect spelling) sentence he wrote on the wall-
"Within Emperor Jijings sin and Quetxcoatls hunger lies the answer." We know only half ot that statement that Jiajing held a crystal skull and once communicted with Giovanni Borgia but not the other half. Please be true!!! I've been waitng a long time for some of these symbols to be explained in the AC universe.

Tzeentch_859
10-15-2012, 07:09 AM
It seems Ubisoft like Desmond and stadiums as Desmond has already explored Il Colosseo.

Saqaliba
10-15-2012, 07:14 AM
I know the Mayan's had a sacred ball game called ulama. It was tied right into their mythology of Xibalba, the Mayan underworld. Now we all know how much Brazilian's love football, but maybe to the Mayan's the ball's symbology was related to the P.O.E. right! I mean, they are both round and the ball was a symbol of the sun to the Mayan's. A ball of light!

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/d/d7/Tepantitla_mural%2C_Ballplayer_B_Cropped.jpg/723px-Tepantitla_mural%2C_Ballplayer_B_Cropped.jpg

SOURCES:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ulama_%28game%29

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mesoamerican_ballgame

Tzeentch_859
10-15-2012, 07:18 AM
@Saqaliba: So what if the stadium Desmond visits is built on top of one of those ancient Ulama stadiums and there all manner of explorable tunnels underneath like the colosseum that finally lead to a vault containing a POE like an apple or some other POE.

EDIT: From the map Altairs apple contains there is a POE in Sao Paolo. http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Pieces_of_Eden

Saqaliba
10-15-2012, 07:21 AM
That would be awesome. And I would personally be proud of Ubisoft's research! Why else visit a stadium in Brazil... it can't be just for the Assassin team that went dark there. And they must be linking the idea of the Mayan mythology to the whole 'American' setting. Seems perfect to send Desmond to South America.

The pantheon of the Popul Voh as T.W.C.B. And 'Xibalba' as an underground temple for sure!

Saqaliba
10-15-2012, 07:28 AM
Oh sweet. P.O.E. confirmed there

Tzeentch_859
10-15-2012, 07:28 AM
This is making the wait so much more excruciating now!! I really want to see this in game. Great research Saqaliba!

DAFOC
10-15-2012, 07:39 AM
Very good research in deed. Bravo sir!!

Saqaliba
10-15-2012, 08:27 AM
Most of the glyphs from Subject 16 relating to meso-american culture refer to mostly central America - as in Mexico. We know that Aveline goes to Mexico, I wonder if this is where Connor and her story meet up. Her game, likely ends in Mexico, which means, she might discover something there which is the conclusion of her story. Eventually Connor goes to Mexico, (possibly) to meet her.

Desmond's story is essentially about the apocalyptic date of 12.21.2012 which is also related to the meso-american long count calendar (Tzolk'in) of the Mayans, which has become a meme for the end of the world. Seems appropriate that Desmond travels to South America. I wonder if Desmond's story ends in Mexico also.

Saqaliba
10-15-2012, 08:33 AM
Starting to think that there will be an Abstergo headquarters in Mexico!

anik_lc
10-15-2012, 02:59 PM
**** it for the spoiler! Hell yeah for the location.

Sajn12
10-15-2012, 06:53 PM
Oh my dear... I CAN'T WAIT.!

Sgt_Alistair
10-15-2012, 07:13 PM
I know the Mayan's had a sacred ball game called ulama. It was tied right into their mythology of Xibalba, the Mayan underworld. Now we all know how much Brazilian's love football, but maybe to the Mayan's the ball's symbology was related to the P.O.E. right! I mean, they are both round and the ball was a symbol of the sun to the Mayan's. A ball of light!

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/d/d7/Tepantitla_mural%2C_Ballplayer_B_Cropped.jpg/723px-Tepantitla_mural%2C_Ballplayer_B_Cropped.jpg

SOURCES:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ulama_%28game%29

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mesoamerican_ballgame

The Mayans played their games with an apple. ROFL :cool:

White24Room
10-15-2012, 07:30 PM
I think Desmond will just be in New York, but he will meet his Brazilian's assassin's mates

there76
10-15-2012, 07:31 PM
Now the question is why we have to go into the animus to play as Connor if we are going to Brazil, which has nothing to do with the American revolution.

White24Room
10-15-2012, 07:33 PM
The trophy called "Stadium" is in NY, why would he go to brazil ?

White24Room
10-15-2012, 07:35 PM
But when he relived Altair's memories he didn't know what he had to do.
Now he has to find something

ze_topazio
10-15-2012, 07:37 PM
Now the question is why we have to go into the animus to play as Connor if we are going to Brazil, which has nothing to do with the American revolution.

Desmond wasn't in the middle east when he relieved Altair's memories.

Layytez
10-15-2012, 07:41 PM
Going to brazil may not have to with with the american revolution. It may have a temple connected with the grand one and we may need to assist the assassins there also.

White24Room
10-15-2012, 07:43 PM
I hear it but I don't remember that:

How long will we play with Desmond ?

there76
10-15-2012, 09:13 PM
Desmond wasn't in the middle east when he relieved Altair's memories.
Yes, but I am still having a hard time what the American Revolution, the grand temple which is in New York, and Brazil have all together. It would be like Desmond going to China to look for the apple while playing as Altair who is in the middle east.