PDA

View Full Version : Ghost Recon Future Soldier and Ubisoft made me realize something and take action...

CaribouLou45
10-14-2012, 08:43 AM
...that I won't waste my money with them again.

I just canceled my Assassins Creed preorders for PS3 and PC, as well as canceled my PS Vita Assassins Creed Bundle. Can I get a woot woot?

Seriously, I've never seen a port this bad and customer service even worse. Never again. I stopped buying EA years ago and am done with Ubi.

PlayuBoy
10-14-2012, 10:24 AM
woot woot :cool:

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
10-14-2012, 05:22 PM
Hi CaribouLou45,sorry to hear this. What issues were you having and did you contact Technical Support about them? If you did please PM me your ticket number so I can investigate this for you.

CaribouLou45
10-14-2012, 06:19 PM
Hi CaribouLou45,sorry to hear this. What issues were you having and did you contact Technical Support about them? If you did please PM me your ticket number so I can investigate this for you.

? I've posted on this forum and others have as well. You should be fully aware of the issues with this game.

-The game won't run in 1280 x 720p in full screen. When I load the game in this mode, it runs in window. To correct this, I have to set it to 1920 x 1080 (native), exit the game, come back in the game, and set it to 1280 x 720p.

-The game is poorly optimized and the Shattered Mountain mission, Market, and Rig run with a horrible FPS.

-Half the time I can't play as I will get the Connection to Server was lost error

-Lobby freezes up and the game only starts when the special somebody leaves. That special somebody is random.

-The game is laggy. I often get killed by people aiming 1 sec behind me.

-PC version DLC, where is it??? That's right, not here when the PS3 and Xbox version have had it for months

-PC version is so behind on the updates

-Issues haven't been addressed in a timely manner

-Perhaps the simplest thing you could do is ban Faron42 who has half a dozen youtube videos of him hacking, has admitted to it on the forum, and we have submitted many tickets to your cheating reporting website and yet this has not been addressed. The guy has been cheating since the game came out

I have the PS3 version of this game. It has none of these issues. I am willing to bet Assassins Creed 3 will be fine for PS3, but poor for PC. Doesn't matter, I won't be buying either as I won't be supporting Ubisoft again.

I do a lot of things in life and gaming is one of them. When it is night time and most people are watching TV, I play video games instead. To me, playing video games is so much better than watching TV as I interact. I'm also into technology. Because of this I spend quite a number on the video game industry and something I learned is that Rockstar Games rule the third party market. They are always amazing and blow others out of proportion in terms of the value you get with a Rockstar Game.

That said, Rockstar doesn't make any military shooters so I have been big on the Ghost Recon and Rainbow Six series. In fact for Ghost Recon Future Soldier, I bought the special edition PS3 version, the special ediiton PC version, a GRFS t-shirt, the GRFS Triton Headset, all the GRFS DLC for PS3, and the GRFS Xbox controller that I use for PC.

Ubi lost my money. Don't worry, I'm a stubborn **** and can guarantee you I mean what I say

ETA: I didn't really appreciate the whole bashing of the various branches of the U.S. military in the campaign mode either. It was totally uncalled for and stupid perceiving branches like the army as lame with the whole "I'm a Ghost, a bad@$$ warrior, so superior to the army, navy seals, army rangers, whatever". Newsflash UBI, Ghost don't exist. Furthermore, keep your mouth shut as you're team is Canadian based and I would guess fruity liberals who never served in their lives. It really ticks us off

Havoc422
10-14-2012, 06:41 PM

A bit late to try and pick up the pieces don't you think? LOL

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
10-14-2012, 06:58 PM
Yes I and the team are fully aware of the issues, but as you said you were having problems with Customer Service I would like to look into this further for you.

What I will do is pass the list you have made on to the team, they are aware of most of those but it is good to have them in a list.

As for Faron42, could you PM me the links to the videos and I will personally pass these along to the correct people. I've taken a look at his posts and he has not posted any of the videos on the forums.

CaribouLou45
10-14-2012, 07:37 PM
Yes I and the team are fully aware of the issues, but as you said you were having problems with Customer Service I would like to look into this further for you.

What I will do is pass the list you have made on to the team, they are aware of most of those but it is good to have them in a list.

As for Faron42, could you PM me the links to the videos and I will personally pass these along to the correct people. I've taken a look at his posts and he has not posted any of the videos on the forums.

I pmed Tully_ with a list of videos the other day but I didn't get a response yet.

I just pmed you

Faron42 did not post videos himself. What happened was in the numerous threads we have complained about him, we posted videos of him cheating and he came to try to defend himself by saying he only hacked as others hacked (who he is talking about IDK) and that he wouldn't do it again, which was a lie as he was hacking in a game not last night, but the night before.

ETA: Warning, language on some of the videos, including mine (the first one). It was late and I wasn't being very professional.

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
10-14-2012, 07:48 PM
Thank you, Just got an email from Tully as well.

I have banned Faron42, removed the videos from your post and sent them to the team.

CaribouLou45
10-14-2012, 07:56 PM
Thank you, Just got an email from Tully as well.

I have banned Faron42, removed the videos from your post and sent them to the team.

That's a start. We appreciate it.

FYI, I may have ran across another hacker recently, however I won't accuse them until I am 100% sure and record video. If I do, I know who to contact.

Now let's see if we can get the other issues addressed.

Thanks

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
10-14-2012, 07:58 PM
You're welcome, please feel free to PM me with any other issues you may have.

Also please note we operate a non naming and shaming policy on the forums, so any videos or names please either contact Technical Support or send a PM to a Forum Manager or member of Support.

CaribouLou45
10-14-2012, 08:02 PM
You're welcome, please feel free to PM me with any other issues you may have.

Also please note we operate a non naming and shaming policy on the forums, so any videos or names please either contact Technical Support or send a PM to a Forum Manager or member of Support.

I'm aware of you're ridiculous "non naming and shaming policy" however, I and many others had submitted multiple tickets and as seen today, this issue was only addressed after posting it publicly on the forums. In the future, I will go through the correct procedure as I had, but if that fails again like it once did, I will not hesitate to post publicly. If that get's me banned, well, let's just say that shows the priorities Ubi has and shame on them.

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
10-14-2012, 08:13 PM
The reason for the no naming and shaming policy is that in the past it has been hard to prove and has caused the person who was named and shamed to come on to the forums and defend themselves, this in turn causes flaming threads.

I urge you to keep to the rules as these are there to keep the forums calm and to provide a place where members can post and gain useful information.

I have alerted the team to the videos, in this case it is obvious and will send on others if any more arise.

CaribouLou45
10-14-2012, 08:19 PM
The reason for the no naming and shaming policy is that in the past it has been hard to prove and has caused the person who was named and shamed to come on to the forums and defend themselves, this in turn causes flaming threads.

I urge you to keep to the rules as these are there to keep the forums calm and to provide a place where members can post and gain useful information.

I have alerted the team to the videos, in this case it is obvious and will send on others if any more arise.

I agree with A no naming and shaming policy as for the reasons you said, people can wrongfully be accused, however when there is a magnitude of video evidence and the hacker admitting to it, the no naming and shaming policy should not protect them.

Bottom line is if you keep your commitment to looking into any future hacking problems and communicate with me, we will have no issue and won't even have to bring up the no naming and shaming policy.

Meior
10-14-2012, 11:08 PM
Cancelling preorders of entirely different games is just stupid.

I have had no such problems, ever, of any kind, with an AC-game. But because of GRFS being crap, you wont ever play AC again. Thats a reasonable reaction.

Eh?

CaribouLou45
10-15-2012, 01:42 AM
Cancelling preorders of entirely different games is just stupid.

I have had no such problems, ever, of any kind, with an AC-game. But because of GRFS being crap, you wont ever play AC again. Thats a reasonable reaction.

Eh?

Look if you want to come in my thread here, call my actions stupid, and criticize me for not supporting a company who ripped me off, maybe you should offer up and buy my games for me?

I vote for my wallet and take pride in who and who I don't support. I realize not everyone has the self-control to stay true to their morals.

And don't "Eh?" me. *comment removed*

Hoak
10-15-2012, 02:58 AM
Voting with your wallet WORKS
...that I won't waste my money with them again.

I just canceled my Assassins Creed preorders for PS3 and PC, as well as canceled my PS Vita Assassins Creed Bundle. Can I get a woot woot?

Seriously, I've never seen a port this bad and customer service even worse. Never again. I stopped buying EA years ago and am done with Ubi.
Woot Woot!

This is in fact the only way PC gamers are going to get recognition from Ubisoft -- voting with your wallet WORKS, it's the only thing with a historical precedent that virtually always does; it takes time, a little patience, but the deferred gratification is far more satisfying then what we're getting for or money from this company. The entire industry acknowledges that no Developer/Publisher can afford to ignore the PC platform -- more is the case for Ubisoft who runs in the red ink far too often and far too deeply, it's a sure bet they're not remotely ready for the aftermath of this fiasco.

:nonchalance:

goblingee
10-15-2012, 11:50 AM
My money is going here if the game ever gets made.

Check this out from one of the creators from the original Redstorm team that made Rainbow Six and Ghost Recon.

We need to support this game. It is everything that UBI should have been making and more.

http://www.groundbranch.com/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=B9e7Er-4LDA (https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=B9e7Er-4LDA)

These guys are making a game that the PC community need and want, this is where it is at, UBI have no respect for us, they don't give us games that work or that we want so lets break our loyal friendships and go to Ground Branch.

Even back to the good old lean and peak which UBI scrapped for their crappy 3rd person cover. This looks awesome.

chenzi1
10-15-2012, 12:11 PM

Fully aware of those issues doesn't solve anything fyi, we need solid patches that we have waited for far too long for.

John-Honey2012
10-15-2012, 03:04 PM
Hi Cariboulou, not everybody got these probs and some of them are not permanent, but the I didnīt understand like you, that these big huge greatest publishers are not able to manage the gamers interests because they have to pay at least for the right thing ( a thing what makes me request because my kids come with this issues ). If Ubi or EA got millionaires as premium players why did they sell the game on a open retail path or something else ,or ,or ,or. also there are meanwhile some probs cleared so we can play with asia again it may take a while to solve it complete but all other big games failed in the same way and it needs now to be explained because money is lost ( on ten failed games it is about 500 bucks and it influences hardware, too and that may interest a lawyer or a judge, too.

The people on these publishers have to make the right questions on the right people, and they will get the right answer if they make like requested and answered, and pay in some special cases. The way them gone till now is a stalker way to get unawared information from the gamers. that produces the low pc gamer rate on this. cya

newton55
10-15-2012, 03:35 PM
Goblin,

Don't hold your breath waiting for GroundBranch, they've been promoting for years. Love to see it come off but without a developer with lots of money I doubt it will happen.

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
10-15-2012, 06:40 PM
CaribouLou45, I am going to close this thread as I feel it has run its course. Please do PM me with any other issues you may have.