PDA

View Full Version : PSN Day 1 Pre order..

Assassin_M
10-14-2012, 06:38 AM
Alright, so my little brother is an Impatient Idiot and he got Dad to Pre-order Assassins Creed III for him from the Playstation Store using the Day 1 feature. He called to tell me and then the problem arose. Now I know when PSN updates (Tuesdays 5 - 7 PM) and he Pre-ordered on the basis of him getting it at mid night, BUT I gave him the Revelation that this may not be the case.

He`s panicking thinking that he may get the game a few days later because of the download and I searched for it on the Net and found conflicting reports, so can anyone with experience or actual Knowledge confirm or deny that the game wont be be available at Mid night ?

And yes, I asked on the Sony forums, PSN forums EVERYTHING !! saying "Not sure" "No" "Yes" "Maybe"

infamous_ezio
10-14-2012, 07:13 AM
I'm pretty sure he won't get it at mid night. When TLA came out, the PS store didn't update asap, I had to wait a day or so for it. Really just depends on the area you're in and how often/when the PS store gets updated.

DudeTD388
10-14-2012, 07:15 AM
Alright, so my little brother is an Impatient Idiot and he got Dad to Pre-order Assassins Creed III for him from the Playstation Store using the Day 1 feature. He called to tell me and then the problem arose. Now I know when PSN updates (Tuesdays 5 - 7 PM) and he Pre-ordered on the basis of him getting it at mid night, BUT I gave him the Revelation that this may not be the case.

He`s panicking thinking that he may get the game a few days later because of the download and I searched for it on the Net and found conflicting reports, so can anyone with experience or actual Knowledge confirm or deny that the game wont be be available at Mid night ?

And yes, I asked on the Sony forums, PSN forums EVERYTHING !! saying "Not sure" "No" "Yes" "Maybe"

Taken from IGN about Day1

This strategy has been in place since day one on Vita, and Sony just recently made Borderlands 2 available on PSN day 1. In that case, the game wasn’t available at midnight, launching later in the day instead when the PlayStation Store was updated.
There’s no word on if midnight releases will be a part of PlayStation’s digital pre-order future, but read what we want in a PlayStation Store redesign for that feature and more that we’d like to see Sony add.

sorry to say I think no midnight release.

Free_Hidings
10-14-2012, 08:04 AM
I don't have anything to contribute to the thread but if you buy on PSN that means you don't get a physical copy of the game, right? Would you not rather have a phsyical copy in case some horrific accident happens to your hard drive?

Assassin_M
10-14-2012, 08:06 AM
I don't have anything to contribute to the thread but if you buy on PSN that means you don't get a physical copy of the game, right? Would you not rather have a phsyical copy in case some horrific accident happens to your hard drive?
Its not me, Its my Impatient and lazy *** brother -__-

Free_Hidings
10-14-2012, 08:28 AM
Its not me, Its my Impatient and lazy *** brother -__-

I know but I assume you guys will be sharing the game? Just saying I would think it wiser to get the game from gamestop or something, unless PSN is drastically cheaper I suppose

reini03
10-14-2012, 08:47 AM

It's still on your PSN account, so even if your HDD breaks, you can just download it again.

Free_Hidings
10-14-2012, 08:56 AM
It's still on your PSN account, so even if your HDD breaks, you can just download it again.

Ohhhhh that's allgood then!

vidaett
10-14-2012, 09:48 AM
The game will auto download itself to the playstation a few days before the game is released. He can play the game the same minute it launches.

Umbra_Blade
10-14-2012, 10:07 AM
The game will be available to play at midnight on the release date, says so on thier website:
http://uk.playstation.com/psn/services/detail/item531772/PlayStation-Store-pre-orders/
It would seem silly to be paying for a pre-order of a game and get it late, as the whole point of a pre-order is to make sure you recieve a copy on day 1

IceHot100
10-14-2012, 10:45 AM
Go beat up your brother, lolz. But seriously, is it really important for you to get it at midnight release? Have you tried cancelling the pre order?At game stores, they don't give you the advance payment back which is usually about 5 euros. I don't know if you can cancel it or not. But try to ask this at the PSN forums....

pacmanate
10-14-2012, 11:50 AM
You get it when the PSN Store updates, so basically way after everyone else :D

DoNNiEDaRkO50
10-14-2012, 12:27 PM
I don't like downloading games from the PS Store It doesn't feel like holding the game in your hand ,, Plus download a 17 GB game will be a torture for me :S cancel the pre-order if you can and get it retail.

vidaett
10-14-2012, 12:29 PM
You get it when the PSN Store updates, so basically way after everyone else :D

You couldnt be more wrong. The game will download itself in advance of the official release date so that we can play it the same day its released. It has nothing to do with a psn update.

pacmanate
10-14-2012, 01:19 PM
You couldnt be more wrong. The game will download itself in advance of the official release date so that we can play it the same day its released. It has nothing to do with a psn update.

What if the same thing happens to AC3 that happened to Resident Evil 6 on day one :|

AllThatJuice
10-14-2012, 03:08 PM
AC3 is one of the biggest releases of the year. Your bro may get lucky, as its pretty reasonable to think that Sony would do a midnight release for a game as big as this

pacmanate
10-14-2012, 03:32 PM
AC3 is one of the biggest releases of the year. Your bro may get lucky, as its pretty reasonable to think that Sony would do a midnight release for a game as big as this

Thats also a good point, Ubisoft and Sony do have a something something ;)

FinalJ1
10-14-2012, 05:02 PM
The game itself is already within the store severs and it will be available at midnight. The store update has nothing to due with the preorders.

Assassin_M
10-14-2012, 06:27 PM
Alright, so, lemme just say that I do not live with my parents anymore xD So i`m safe:p I need to have a hard Disc in my hand, I do not do this download crap..

Now, anyways, Thanks, Guys A LOT I really appreciate all the scavenging for Information about this subject, and I see some people who are sure that there will be a midnight release:D
So I`ll take your word for it and tell him..

Again, Thanks a lot, guys:)

Feel free to close this thread, Magic man..

Black_Widow9
10-14-2012, 10:26 PM
Alright, so, lemme just say that I do not live with my parents anymore xD So i`m safe:p I need to have a hard Disc in my hand, I do not do this download crap..

Now, anyways, Thanks, Guys A LOT I really appreciate all the scavenging for Information about this subject, and I see some people who are sure that there will be a midnight release:D
So I`ll take your word for it and tell him..

Again, Thanks a lot, guys:)

Feel free to close this thread, Magic man..
Or lady? :p