PDA

View Full Version : why mp achievements for a one time great game?

Littleweasel
10-14-2012, 05:33 AM
ever since they started doing AC mp the single player story has suffered, and no one really plays the mp anyways. so why the hell do you keep putting achievements for a crappy part of the game? i go to allot of different forums and the #1 complaint people have about AC is the mp part of it. if you want to see how many people actually play the mp of the game stop putting achievements for the mp, then you will see that all your doing is wasting money developing the crappy mp part of the game and go back to making a great single player game like it use to be before you started wasting money on the mp content.
so not only did ubisoft rune brotherhood & revelations, now they are runing AC3 with more ******ed mp.
and before anyone asks or says anything about it, yes i hate the mp but like to get all the achievements in a game to say i have completed it and it really pisses me off that i will never truely finish revelations because the mp is ******ed and they have a crap load of the mp achievements for it and i will never waste my time or money buying mp dlc for the achievements.
i also just recently played the lost archives, and i thought the mp was bad, lost archive is even worse! who ever though up the idea of the vr/3d part of the game has hopefully lost his job.

Assassin_M
10-14-2012, 05:39 AM
Did you ever visit the Musliplayer forum ? You cant claim to speak for everyone..

I`ll tell you something mind-blowing... Other people think differently from you.. *GASP* Can you believe it ?

Alpha_SOLDIER_X
10-14-2012, 05:41 AM
Well alrighty then Mr. I hate everything so I am going to complain about it. Multiplayer and Single player are developed by different studios. Single player can't suffer from the presence of Multiplayer, and also your whole tirade about no one playing Mp I know for a fact that there are hundreds upon thousands of people playing it. Just because you don't like something doesn't mean you should freak out about it.

tjbyrum1
10-14-2012, 05:48 AM
No sir, you misudnderstand.

AC SP does not suffer because the MP.

The younger development team, who so happened to develop both Brotherhood and Revelations and who also incorporated the first AC MP, are not necessarily 'up-to-par' with the senior team, who developed AC3.

AC1, Senior Team - Good Story
AC2, Senior Team - Good Story
ACB+MP, Young Team - Bad Story
ACR+MP, Young Team - Bad Story
AC3+MP, Senior Team - Good Story

Not necessarily bad, cause the entire Ezio trilogy was good, but that's just an example. Understand?

EDIT: Actually, I doubt everything I just said is true, so disregard it. :)

Assassin_M
10-14-2012, 05:51 AM

The younger development team, who so happened to develop both Brotherhood and Revelations and who also incorporated the first AC MP, are not necessarily 'up-to-par' with the senior team, who developed AC3.

Not necessarily bad, cause the entire Ezio trilogy was good, but that's just an example. Understand?

Was just gonna say that xD

Jexx21
10-14-2012, 05:54 AM
ACB and ACR had excellent stories on par with AC2 and better than AC1....

I personally think that both games played better than their predecessors also..

and I also love the Multiplayer.. so.. yea.

StUbbZ24
10-14-2012, 06:03 AM
Because the multiplayer achievements are just soooooo difficult:rolleyes:

Assassin_M
10-14-2012, 06:04 AM
Oooooh you may have hit a nerve there:rolleyes:

ION_05
10-14-2012, 07:53 AM
They're basically encouragement to at least try the multiplayer, with that said once I get all the multiplayer trophies I'll probably never play it again.

Free_Hidings
10-14-2012, 07:58 AM
ever since they started doing AC mp the single player story has suffered, and no one really plays the mp anyways. so why the hell do you keep putting achievements for a crappy part of the game? i go to allot of different forums and the #1 complaint people have about AC is the mp part of it. if you want to see how many people actually play the mp of the game stop putting achievements for the mp, then you will see that all your doing is wasting money developing the crappy mp part of the game and go back to making a great single player game like it use to be before you started wasting money on the mp content.
so not only did ubisoft rune brotherhood & revelations, now they are runing AC3 with more ******ed mp.
and before anyone asks or says anything about it, yes i hate the mp but like to get all the achievements in a game to say i have completed it and it really pisses me off that i will never truely finish revelations because the mp is ******ed and they have a crap load of the mp achievements for it and i will never waste my time or money buying mp dlc for the achievements.
i also just recently played the lost archives, and i thought the mp was bad, lost archive is even worse! who ever though up the idea of the vr/3d part of the game has hopefully lost his job.

There goes your credibility. NEXT

Assassin_M
10-14-2012, 08:04 AM
There goes your credibility. NEXT
Ah, I was wondering when the MP guys would show up xD

Where oh where have you been ??:p:p

Regarding the credibility, I think his username gave it away :rolleyes:

IceHot100
10-14-2012, 10:49 AM

Wouldn't call the ACR story bad. It was pretty good. Atleast it wasn't another Borgia story.

Ielgon
10-14-2012, 11:41 AM

ACB:
-That ridiculous one where you had to win in the last 10 seconds, that was so situational it was more luck based than anything. It had very little to do with skill. I really lucked out by getting this and the trophy/achievement described below for a triple escape.
-The one where you had to get every bonus including extreme variety (which in ACB was 15 different bonuses in one match I believe?) and the triple escape one. I lucked out by getting triple escape one match after I got extreme variety for the first time. Those also had very little to do with skill (a bit more than the 10 second one) because it was all very situational. So you really had to wait for the situations to arise and then it wasn't guaranteed everything would go your way since three people chasing you aren't just gonna let you triple escape (same thing for extreme variety, match usually ended when you got close). I got both of these close to becoming rank 50, so needless to say after this the platinum was quick. But it took me a long time.
ACR: Nope nothing difficult at all. I like how there were no trophies/achievements for getting all the bonuses, just for accolades (and if you did well one time you were nearly guaranteed the trophy/achievement, got it in my first MP match XD). Funny thing about ACR is that I had a platinum fairly quickly since there were no difficult multiplayer trophies/achievements and the rank one was for 20. About half a year after that however I started feeling obliged to still get to 50 and get all the backstory for AC3 though, so I did that over the summer.

Small question: To those who have seen the trophy/achievement list, how tedious are the AC3 multiplayer ones? Are they closer to ACB or to ACR in terms of difficulty? (Please don't spoil anything).

pacmanate
10-14-2012, 11:49 AM
They're basically encouragement to at least try the multiplayer, with that said once I get all the multiplayer trophies I'll probably never play it again.

Yeah but it is annoying to be forced to play something. Personally I like to get my AC games up to 100% gamerscore wise etc. Tbh at least there is no stupid "Get to level 50 and prestige 50 times"

Littleweasel
10-14-2012, 10:09 PM
Did you ever visit the Musliplayer forum ? You cant claim to speak for everyone..

I`ll tell you something mind-blowing... Other people think differently from you.. *GASP* Can you believe it ?

thats great for the people that like it, my main issue is the fact they put achievements in the game that make a person that likes to get all achievement play a part of the game they hate just for the achievements. if they want to add mp to a game they shouldn't put achievements in it. then they will see if people are actually playing the mp because they like it or because of the achievements.

ION_05
10-14-2012, 10:10 PM
Yeah but it is annoying to be forced to play something. Personally I like to get my AC games up to 100% gamerscore wise etc. Tbh at least there is no stupid "Get to level 50 and prestige 50 times"

Ya I'm the same I never got 100% in brotherhood or revelations. If you have to boost for trophies it's not worth it.

Littleweasel
10-14-2012, 10:13 PM
http://static5.cdn.ubi.com/u/ubiforums/20120411.419/images/UbiTheme/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by ION_05 http://static5.cdn.ubi.com/u/ubiforums/20120411.419/images/UbiTheme/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php?p=8633684#post8633684)

i agree with pacmanate you shouldn't have to suffer through the mp just to get 100% of the gamerscore. if they want people to at least try the mp they shouldn't put stupid achievement like get to level 50, because thats not just trying it. achievements for trying the mp should have been like play each game mode once and thats it, after playing each game mode once you will know if your going to like the mp or not. you don't need to play 100's of games to know if your going to like it or not.

Littleweasel
10-14-2012, 10:21 PM
Well alrighty then Mr. I hate everything so I am going to complain about it. Multiplayer and Single player are developed by different studios. Single player can't suffer from the presence of Multiplayer, and also your whole tirade about no one playing Mp I know for a fact that there are hundreds upon thousands of people playing it. Just because you don't like something doesn't mean you should freak out about it.

the reason i said the single player suffered when they added the mp is because they made both of them fit on the same disc, which means they are limited on the space so they took short cuts in the single player so the mp could be added. one short cut was not being able to ride around to different towns they made it so you warped to the other towns. the only thing i even hate about the game is the mp, and the fact they have achievements for it, forcing a person to play it if they want the achievements.

Jexx21
10-14-2012, 10:39 PM
Actually, just so you know, Assassin's Creed 2 took up less space on the disk than Assassin's Creed 1.

AC2: 5.5 GB
AC1: 7 GB

Also, as I have ACR installed right now, I can tell you that the single player takes a lot more space than the multiplayer.

ACR Total: 10 GB
Multiplayer: 2 GB

Rumored AC3 size: 17 GB
Comes on 2 discs: 1 SP and 1 MP

pacmanate
10-14-2012, 10:42 PM
Actually, just so you know, Assassin's Creed 2 took up less space on the disk than Assassin's Creed 1.

AC2: 5.5 GB
AC1: 7 GB

Also, as I have ACR installed right now, I can tell you that the single player takes a lot more space than the multiplayer.

ACR Total: 10 GB
Multiplayer: 2 GB

Rumored AC3 size: 17 GB
Comes on 2 discs: 1 SP and 1 MP

How can AC:R be 10GB if a DVD disc can hold 7GB or something or am I missing something..

Jexx21
10-14-2012, 10:42 PM
the reason i said the single player suffered when they added the mp is because they made both of them fit on the same disc, which means they are limited on the space so they took short cuts in the single player so the mp could be added. one short cut was not being able to ride around to different towns they made it so you warped to the other towns. the only thing i even hate about the game is the mp, and the fact they have achievements for it, forcing a person to play it if they want the achievements.

Oh, and the reason why the horse didn't have gallop wasn't because they didn't put the file in for it, it's because Rome was too large to render fast enough for the speed the horse would be going while galloping.

As for not being able to ride to the specific towns that you did certain side missions in, that wasn't because they cut that, it's because it wouldn't of added anything significant to the game. Honestly, I never really liked the kingdom in AC1 or the mountains in AC2 because there wasn't really anything to do in them.

Assassin_M
10-14-2012, 10:43 PM
Oh, and the reason why the horse didn't have gallop wasn't because they didn't put the file in for it, it's because Rome was too large to render fast enough for the speed the horse would be going while galloping.

As for not being able to ride to the specific towns that you did certain side missions in, that wasn't because they cut that, it's because it wouldn't of added anything significant to the game. Honestly, I never really liked the kingdom in AC1 or the mountains in AC2 because there wasn't really anything to do in them.
Mate, he`s obviously Misinformed as to how these things work..

Jexx21
10-14-2012, 10:44 PM
How can AC:R be 10GB if a DVD disc can hold 7GB or something or am I missing something..
I'm going off what I downloaded for the PC version.. maybe they included larger textures or something...

And there are different kinds of DVD disks, I wouldn't be surprised if some of the ones for the Xbox can hold 10 GB, because a lot of games I download for PC are 10 GBs and they are only 1 disk for the Xbox.

Jexx21
10-14-2012, 10:45 PM
Mate, he`s obviously Misinformed as to how these things work..
It's our jobs to inform him then, isn't it?

Assassin_M
10-14-2012, 10:46 PM
It's our jobs to inform him then, isn't it?
I know, just don't go off on him:p

giving you a heads up xD

GreatBeyonder
I disagree. ACB had a terrfic story. Yes, Revelations was sadly lacking in actual Revelations, but it was still a good sendoff to Ezio and Altair.

Jexx21
I know, just don't go off on him:p

giving you a heads up xD

.. I wasn't angry.. I was just giving him information.. lol

Assassin_M
10-14-2012, 10:47 PM
.. I wasn't angry.. I was just giving him information.. lol
Sure, but some things can be taken as sarcasm, you know ? Text can badly convey intentions

Jexx21
10-14-2012, 10:48 PM
I disagree. ACB had a terrfic story. Yes, Revelations was sadly lacking in actual Revelations, but it was still a good sendoff to Ezio and Altair.

I found that ironic actually. Ezio retrieved the 5 keys so that he could satisfy his thirst for knowledge about why he wars with the Templars. Ezio got no revelations..and we didn't either, at least, not really.

GreatBeyonder
10-14-2012, 10:54 PM
I found that ironic actually. Ezio retrieved the 5 keys so that he could satisfy his thirst for knowledge about why he wars with the Templars. Ezio got no revelations..and we didn't either, at least, not really.

Ezio: Claudia, I must discover why we war with Templars before I just decide to quit this endless struggle.
Altair: I spent the rest of my life fighting other Assassins while slowly being driven to despair by cosmic power and the death of loved ones. No answers here for future Assassins!
Ezio: ...I quit. I'm going home and making little Desmonds.

Jexx21
10-14-2012, 10:56 PM
Ezio: Claudia, I must discover why we war with Templars before I just decide to quit this endless struggle.
Altair: I spent the rest of my life fighting other Assassins while slowly being driven to despair by cosmic power and the death of loved ones. No answers here for future Assassins!
Ezio: ...I quit. I'm going home and making little Desmonds.
This is funnier if you read it in Roger Craig Smith's Ezio voice.

Soulid_Snake
10-14-2012, 11:21 PM

Valid point! But, it's obvious that the single player is the main focus of AC3. Gotta take into consideration, this a fresh new setting and it's Ubi's most largest project ever.

xXRyzonXx
10-15-2012, 12:48 AM
When I read the "No-one plays multiplayer!" i wanted to slap you.. If nobody played it, they wouldn't spend money on making multiplayer.

tjbyrum1
10-15-2012, 01:22 AM
Isn't AC Multiplayer praise by many critics also? Like... it's the only game in history with that sort of gameplay and no other game challenges it and stuff or something. It's new, original, and unique.

Free_Hidings
10-15-2012, 02:14 AM
Ah, I was wondering when the MP guys would show up xD

Where oh where have you been ??:p:p

Regarding the credibility, I think his username gave it away :rolleyes:

Hahahaha, it's only ever a matter of time!

Yeah that's a good point lol.

Evenesque
10-15-2012, 02:52 AM
thats great for the people that like it, my main issue is the fact they put achievements in the game that make a person that likes to get all achievement play a part of the game they hate just for the achievements. if they want to add mp to a game they shouldn't put achievements in it. then they will see if people are actually playing the mp because they like it or because of the achievements.

They can see this without doing that. All they have to do is wait. People play MP, get achievements, Ubi puts on some spectacles, checks MP server pupulation, profit.

Evenesque
10-15-2012, 02:53 AM
Valid point! But, it's obvious that the single player is the main focus of AC3. Gotta take into consideration, this a fresh new setting and it's Ubi's most largest project ever.

No, it's not a valid point.

Not even close.

Jexx21
10-15-2012, 03:48 AM
Oh, and by the way, I don't play multiplayer for the achievements. The PC version doesn't have any multiplayer achievements..