PDA

View Full Version : no cd key ???

Pages : [1] 2

gregmeister007
10-13-2012, 05:14 PM
hello i buyed rocksmith earlier at my own store today and when i got home i oppend the pakege and wanted to install the game now i cant find any cd key ??? normally its on the backside of my manual or on the inside of the bow but i cant find it nowhere can you help me plz i have bought myself a guitar specialfor this game and now i cant afford this game again i will send u a picture of my reciet and my game and manual is this normal i already sended this to the support of ubisoft but i wanted to know if somebody else has the same isseu and where is the cd key located exacly ?
grtz from gregmeister666

rcole_sooner
10-13-2012, 05:22 PM
There is one other thread about this.

I do not know the answer.

I assumed it would all be registered through Steam. I do not know how that works outside the US.

You can contact Ubisoft support by using the links in my sig.

gregmeister007
10-13-2012, 05:30 PM
already did about an hour ago i am shocked never got this before and there is another thread about this its the pc version and its only in belgium is seems o.0 i live in belgium =/ strange odds

jorreke11
10-13-2012, 06:38 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/718398-My-retail-copy-of-Rocksmith-PC-does-not-have-a-product-registration-code?p=8632815#post8632815

This is the thread i started earlier someone said to use the serial number of the cable but that didnt work i bought it at game mania Wilrijk

JPS2K5
10-13-2012, 06:41 PM
Right, so apparently Game Mania thought release would be the 13th.

So, what's in the box, what can you do ? Is there a CD, can you install it, do you already have steam installed, where does the 'process' stop ?

gregmeister007
10-13-2012, 06:47 PM
everything ios in the box exept for the registration code it a fault from ubisoft it must be and only in belgium?

JPS2K5
10-13-2012, 07:14 PM
everything ios in the box exept for the registration code it a fault from ubisoft it must be and only in belgium?

It's only in Belgium because Game Mania should not have been selling it yet...

gregmeister007
10-13-2012, 07:21 PM
ow ok but if you have a game are there than like special games like demo copys ? orcant realy explain it =/

TonyFarkas
10-14-2012, 12:43 PM
so the game fairies will magically put a registration code in the box on the 19th? Or is that the stream server wont let them login and register the game until 19th?

gregmeister007
10-14-2012, 12:56 PM
lol noi called the store back i wil get another copy of the game =)

TroutBum69
10-14-2012, 04:26 PM
I'm betting that the registration code is embedded on the disc. I can't see them forgetting to put registration codes in all the boxes.

gregmeister007
10-14-2012, 06:31 PM
i cant realy understand it myself and its only in belgium it seems from the game mania stores they sold the games to early i think =/ but yeah i am getting myself a new copy =D so i dont have to pay double i realy love this game i bought myself a guitar for this game ^^

space_bandit
10-15-2012, 12:07 AM
I hope it is only in belgium. Sorry.

Give it a few days and the rest of europe may asking the same question.

Seems strange as it's essential, unlike the disc which I don't bother with on steam.

Does anyone have a copy not from Belgium?

gregmeister007
10-15-2012, 12:37 AM
there was a post from somehow who worked at the company from my store and every game they have sold dident had an registration code =/ we know what will happen next week and we got the game to early but that doesent mean that it would be diffrent =/ same boxes so

Black_Widow9
10-15-2012, 05:01 AM
Please make sure that you contact Ubisoft Support with your proof of purchase. You can follow the links in my signature.

Goooner1
10-15-2012, 08:28 AM
As you can only play the game with the official cable, you may not need a CD key.

It may be that Steam won't let you play it until the official release day anyway.

I had preordered Shogun 2, I got it about 10 days early, couldn't do anything with it until the official release date.

gregmeister007
10-15-2012, 09:04 AM
u dont understand its not trough steam its a phisical copy and when i put in the disk it said to me i need to give the registration code or cd-key and that is whats missing someone of game mania had put a post on the other tread a couple donw this one and is telling us that it seems that every game they have got for pc doesent have a registration code so =/ ubisoft help plz or an mod plz help

gregmeister007
10-15-2012, 09:05 AM
ow and i opened a ticket i am now waiting till i can call them

RockUser101
10-15-2012, 09:44 AM
ow and i opened a ticket i am now waiting till i can call them

I have the same problem - physical disc copy bought from Tesco Entertainment in UK - arrived this morning. Put disc in computer, disc boots up steam and asks for product code activation key - but no code in package. Anyone found a solution please post it here. looked on Ubi's website can't seem to find an easy email address to contact them with this issue, and can't find it in the FAQ's either, please post those links if you find them too,

thanks a lot :)

gregmeister007
10-15-2012, 10:53 AM
http://ubisoft.custhelp.com/app/account/overview/rnv/10

here you go =) ow and you need to call your store

RockUser101
10-15-2012, 10:56 AM
hi, this link takes me to my account overview which doesn't have a response yet (as its only been an hour), what did they tell you to do?

rcole_sooner
10-15-2012, 02:34 PM
LOL! That link took me to an old Far Cry 2 ticket I opened, many years ago. LOL!

Goooner1
10-15-2012, 03:09 PM
u dont understand its not trough steam its a phisical copy and when i put in the disk it said to me i need to give the registration code or cd-key and that is whats missing someone of game mania had put a post on the other tread a couple donw this one and is telling us that it seems that every game they have got for pc doesent have a registration code so =/ ubisoft help plz or an mod plz help

You may well have a physical copy, as did I with Shogun 2, the game requires Steam to run though, if Steam says it's not out until the 18th, you're physical copy may as well be a coaster for all the good it is. Even if you hade a CD key, at best you'd be able to install ready for Thursday, but not play it. Annyoying as it is, that's the way Steam works.

gregmeister007
10-15-2012, 03:14 PM
its not steam !!! i need a registration code to install the game as you need for every pc game that needs online activation so we cant install the game not without a registration code and if the store waited till the 18th we dident could play the game because we need a cd key that is not included in the box =/strange

Black_Widow9
10-16-2012, 02:23 AM
Hey everyone,
We are hearing reports of this and are looking into it. If you would like to contact Ubisoft Support please use this link- http://support.ubisoft.com/

gregmeister007
10-16-2012, 11:17 AM
i did i am waiting for there responce =)

Themperror
10-16-2012, 11:36 AM
Do you know how long it will take for their response (and if possible get a CD key from you guys?)
I've made my ticket yesteday and I told alot of friends I'd be having this game today so they are coming.. .. I'm dissapointed I can't play right now..

(ofcourse I told them like weeks ago because the game would be officially out today)

gregmeister007
10-16-2012, 02:14 PM
you made it yesterdayi did it saturday i even called them monday morning still waiting for responce and i called my store they will probebly get keys and we need to go to the store to get it ourself probably thats what the guy told me who worked there (and the game is out the 18th not 16th

Themperror
10-16-2012, 02:57 PM
Game IS out on the 16th.. really..

luca_81
10-16-2012, 03:56 PM
me too! i don't have the cd key!!! wtf is this???

gregmeister007
10-16-2012, 05:27 PM
luka go to suport and send a ticket and cal your store thats the only thing you can do right now

SgtStinger
10-17-2012, 11:36 AM
Unfortunately, I also got a game without a CD-key. I have made a support ticket, and will now call my store. I live in Sweden.

Drivvle
10-17-2012, 11:59 AM
I send a support ticket 3,5 hours ago, nothing yet. I don't think it helps anything to call your store, what can they do?

RIP_KOR
10-17-2012, 01:36 PM
same in switzerland... i think someone gonna lose his job...

Drivvle
10-17-2012, 02:39 PM

Wouldn't be surprised indeed. Think of all the work going through thousands, tens of thousands of e-mails. Verifieing every single one of them and sending a serial code back..
That must be one hell of an operation.

By the way, six hours in and still nothing back.

mind-fck
10-17-2012, 04:20 PM

I work in a shop which sells video games and other stuff in Germany, and we have the same problem.
No CD / Steam Code in the package. It´s not even released and the product had to be returned =(

cthauber
10-17-2012, 04:25 PM
It is unfortunate, as Ubisoft/Rocksmith will bear the brunt of this blunder, when it is in fact the DVD packer/shipper that is ultimately at fault.
Ubisoft themselves don't actually press/pack/ship the game boxes, so it is ultimately the distributors fault.

Hopefully it gets resolved quickly for those of you without a key
(glad I bought the digital version :) )

nedlog2012
10-17-2012, 05:41 PM
few weeks of waiting, finally day off taken from work today and what a crap!

It`s understood we are all people and mistakes happen, but for god`s sake send all these copy`s without serial number??? What a jerk did that?

RockUser101
10-17-2012, 06:01 PM
They have had my copy of invoice for 48 hours now and still no key :(

Immortaly007
10-17-2012, 06:30 PM
I have the same problem. I ordered my copy from Wehkamp.nl and I'm in the Netherlands. I just send the copy of my invoice and a photo of the product as well. Let's hope they'll reply soon cause I kinda wanna play the game...

Hemron
10-17-2012, 06:43 PM
Thank you for contacting Ubisoft Technical Support regarding Rocksmith.

In order to respond to this email, please update this incident (Please do not create a new incident).

Regarding your issue with the missing activation key, we've escalated your issue for further investigation.
We'll get back to you as soon as we do have information for you .

Apologies for this inconvenience caused.

If you have any further queries or issues please do not hesitate to contact us again and we will assist you further.

Kind Regards,

Nette
Ubisoft Technical Support.

Yay what a nice answer! are you kidding me?!
omfg what a support, so i wait and hope that i somtime get a key

greez

Mr_Shade
10-17-2012, 06:56 PM
Yay what a nice answer! are you kidding me?!
omfg what a support, so i wait and hope that i somtime get a key

greez
hi there,

if you have supplied the proof of purchase as required - they will issue you a new CD key as soon as they possibly can.

Please watch for further emails / updates to your ticket!

gregmeister007
10-17-2012, 07:07 PM
hey all i know its frustrating for having to wait i waited to i got the game sutarday and no cd key =( i emidiatly have send an suport ticket called suport itself trough the phone u will get your key but remember youre not the only one so be paicente but i know how u feel i got my key yesterday but needed to wait for my guitar that finaly arrived today =D but i know how you feel guys be paicence and there one issue i have with the game the diffuculty is going straigth up when u hitt a couple of notes then i cant play the song that wel anymore o.0 like from 1 note to a chord =/ and if i start the game all my other sound is muted ? and i need to restart my pc before i can talk to my friends on teamspeak again =/

nedlog2012
10-17-2012, 07:09 PM
Just got the cd via email, working one:D

rkessels
10-17-2012, 07:22 PM
same story here as all the above . alos ordered from wehkamp in holland . scanned the stuff and made a ticket . just a waiting game now i suppose . i wasnt aware this was just a big problem throughout europe though , But ill remain patient and it will come :)

nedlog2012
10-17-2012, 07:34 PM
be patient, gitarrists! game just finished to install. consider right now to take tomorrow day off as well...

u2bernie
10-17-2012, 07:45 PM
I contacted ubisoft support yesterday evening, did what they asked for (link is posted in other messages in this thread). They send me registration key by mail today. You don't need to call your store. Game is installing right now.
For the Belgians: I payed 70 euro in game mania for this game, in mediamarkt I saw the game (cable included) for only 50 euro!!!!!!
What a ripp off, I payed 20 euro extra for not being able to play the game :(.
Well yeah, I was looking forward for this game sooooooooo long...
I should be old and wise enough to know better (I'll think twice before I go in another pre-order hype again)...

shop4436D2CA5
10-17-2012, 07:48 PM
Is this a problem with European copies or are they the packages the same worldwide all with missing keys? Anyone in the US having this problem?

vtuls
10-17-2012, 08:36 PM
its not only in belgium but also in the netherlands i have contacted the support number 2 hours ago and have not jet heard from them again but,
they said it was a mistake made at the pakaging point in the production line.
althoug i am dissapointed that i can't play tonight i hope i can play it tomorrow.

nedlog2012
10-17-2012, 10:25 PM
after some time with this game must say it is kicking *** and stealing my free time for a long!

Wrathchild68
10-17-2012, 11:36 PM
Just wondering if those who haven't got a CD key with the game are they from the UK? Mine should be here Friday and I'm hoping (with fingers and toes crossed) that it does come with a key.

bonbonlulu
10-18-2012, 10:59 AM
I'm in Australia, got my physical copy today without CD key, so frustrated. submitted the ticket nearly 5 hours ago, still no answer. Come on guys, I've been waiting for a year, and this is what you give me....

Gorgar66
10-18-2012, 11:53 AM
In Germany is the same sh..., too. No Cd Key inside. Its the first time I preordered a game, and I'm sure it was the last time^^!! I was really looking forward to this game. Im playing guitar now for 30 years and waiting for some new stuff to learn.

Hemron
10-18-2012, 12:11 PM
Wir haben Aufgrund der Meldungen unserer Kunden raus gefunden, dass Ubi Soft die komplette Produktion ohne Key Codes produziert und ausgeliefert hat. Wir haben Ubi Soft umgehend in Kenntnis darüber gesetzt und warten nun auf einen Lösungsvorschlag. Es ist davon auszugehen, dass wir Ihnen den Key Code per Email zusenden können. Wir haben Ubi Soft gestern gebeten innert 24 Stunden eine Lösung zu präsentieren.

Thats the massage from my dealer
in english (only short not word for word ;-)):
Based on the reports of our customers, we found out that Ubisoft has made ​​the entire production without key codes and delivered.

so i think everyone will have this problem in europe...

greez

bonbonlulu
10-18-2012, 12:28 PM
I hope they would give me the time that I have to wait... waiting without knowing when they will reply is just like walking in the dark....

bonbonlulu
10-18-2012, 12:31 PM
Thats the massage from my dealer
in english (only short not word for word ;-)):
Based on the reports of our customers, we found out that Ubisoft has made ​​the entire production without key codes and delivered.

so i think everyone will have this problem in europe...

greez

Woah, that's really ****ed up! They'd have to give me free 3 doors down dlc to compensate for this ;)

moogman79
10-18-2012, 01:29 PM
Hi,

in germany same problem, it was no cd key included.
But the support did reply very fast.

CU

Ultimadark
10-18-2012, 02:25 PM
Bought it in a store today in Sweden, same problem here. Ubisoft has answered, but I haven't gotten a key yet (they were going to check with someone higher up in the company first)

bonbonlulu
10-18-2012, 02:39 PM
I still haven't heard anything from the support ;-|

RockUser101
10-18-2012, 02:43 PM
Got my key just now. Yahoo! Just an hour to install from the disc, and then should be ready for when it unlocks this evening. Overall a bit of a shambles, but glad it got sorted eventually.

snedwick
10-18-2012, 03:39 PM
Hello everyone!

Sweden seems to have the same problem, me and 3 friends bought the game from 2 different local stores and none of us got a key. been in the support queue for 6 hours and had phone contact with ubisoft sweden, got a mail 3 hours ago saying it will be sorted "shortly"

Edit: 3 sec after this post i got my key. succes!

rkessels
10-18-2012, 03:48 PM
:nice . im waiting since yesterday round this time . nothing sucks more then waiting

legrooch
10-18-2012, 04:00 PM
Same problem in Poland. Waiting for reply since 16:00.

Wrathchild68
10-18-2012, 04:26 PM
Just got home from work and mine was waiting for me but no CD key. I bought it from an online retailer but didn't get a receipt in the package so I'm hoping that a screenie of my account on there will work, if not then I'm afraid I shall take it further.

rkessels
10-18-2012, 07:22 PM
when i came home earlier my wife recieved an email from wehkamp { online shop} with a product code :} installing now . seeing as this is happening to a huge amount of people Ubi solved it quick My thanks for that

Wrathchild68
10-18-2012, 07:50 PM
Got my key 20 minutes ago and installing now, 7 minutes to blast off and watch out neighbours!

Metal_Micky
10-18-2012, 09:46 PM
It appears that the activation code problem is getting sorted. I pre ordered my PC copy here in the UK. I got an email this morning to say my order has been despatched and have just got an email from them stating that to please use the activation code as supplied in the email as there is not an activation code in the package. It appears that UBISOFT has contacted at least the major sellers of RS PC.:)
Hope it arrives in the morning as I have a day off:D

bonbonlulu
10-18-2012, 09:57 PM
Just got the CD key from Ubisoft after 9 hours waited, downloading the game from steam, which also doesn't make any sense when the whole purpose of buying physical disc is for free of downloading. Anyway, I hope the game worth the wait and I know it will :).

randomas
10-18-2012, 10:57 PM
Same problem here I preordered from the italian amazon and it came without a cd-key, I wrote both to them and to ubi, let's see who gets back to me first. ...

It's still flipping unbelievable though ...

randomas
10-19-2012, 10:37 AM
Erm how long was waiting time? did you guys have to phone or was going through ubi's support form sufficient?

Mr_Shade
10-19-2012, 11:03 AM
Hi Guys,

If you are still waiting for a Key - I suggest you contact support again - you can ring them, which maybe faster for some - only call if you have already contacted them with proof of purchase!, since without that - they won't be able to issue a code!

If you have supplied the requested info - they maybe able to issue a code over the phone, however call charges do apply.

As to the apology - Ubisoft have issued some free content, which you may not have seen..

“We’re aware that some physical copies of the PC version of Rocksmith in EMEA territories have been shipped without the needed unique activation code.

We’ve taken steps to ensure that our retail partners can help resolve this issue at the point of sale.

In some territories (France, Germany and Italy) Ubisoft has postponed the release of the game in order to rectify this issue.

Any consumers that are still affected should contact their local Ubisoft consumer support at www.support.ubi.com (http://www.support.ubi.com/) or by dialing 0871 664 1000 [UK ONLY - 11am – 8pm Mon-Fri] to receive their code.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused and will provide any affected consumers with the “Guitarcade timesaver,” which gives players instant access to all the Rocksmith mini-games.”

For people not in the UK - but still in EMEA - please see this site for a full list of Support contact numbers and call rates.

http://www.ubi.com/US/Support/InternationalSupport.aspx

Sorry once again!

mmmmbeer76
10-19-2012, 03:29 PM
Hi Guys,

If you are still waiting for a Key - I suggest you contact support again - you can ring them, which maybe faster for some - only call if you have already contacted them with proof of purchase!, since without that - they won't be able to issue a code!

If you have supplied the requested info - they maybe able to issue a code over the phone, however call charges do apply.

As to the apology - Ubisoft have issued some free content, which you may not have seen..

“We’re aware that some physical copies of the PC version of Rocksmith in EMEA territories have been shipped without the needed unique activation code.

We’ve taken steps to ensure that our retail partners can help resolve this issue at the point of sale.

In some territories (France, Germany and Italy) Ubisoft has postponed the release of the game in order to rectify this issue.

Any consumers that are still affected should contact their local Ubisoft consumer support at www.support.ubi.com (http://www.support.ubi.com/) or by dialing 0871 664 1000 [UK ONLY - 11am – 8pm Mon-Fri] to receive their code.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused and will provide any affected consumers with the “Guitarcade timesaver,” which gives players instant access to all the Rocksmith mini-games.”

For people not in the UK - but still in EMEA - please see this site for a full list of Support contact numbers and call rates.

http://www.ubi.com/US/Support/InternationalSupport.aspx

Sorry once again!

EDIT:- nevermind,found the contact info

mtech_uk
10-19-2012, 05:17 PM
Ok well we are all human but this is an unbelievable monumental error. Feel sorry for the staff at the front end taking all the flak.

As for “We apologize for the inconvenience caused and will provide any affected consumers with the “Guitarcade timesaver,” which gives players instant access to all the Rocksmith mini-games.”
Not nearly good enough, given many of us pre ordered this to have it on the day of release.

A couple of free song downloads would be more like it.

iidles
10-19-2012, 06:24 PM
Ok well we are all human but this is an unbelievable monumental error. Feel sorry for the staff at the front end taking all the flak.

As for “We apologize for the inconvenience caused and will provide any affected consumers with the “Guitarcade timesaver,” which gives players instant access to all the Rocksmith mini-games.”
Not nearly good enough, given many of us pre ordered this to have it on the day of release.

A couple of free song downloads would be more like it.

Totally agree, to prevent us playing and then offer just an unlock for content we've already bought is awful. :mad:

For this to reasonably compensate me for my time (and cost in phoning support) we should really get something better.

mmmmbeer76
10-19-2012, 06:57 PM
I have my key now but How do I get access to the guitarcade timesaver?

mtech_uk
10-19-2012, 08:43 PM
What the hell?
Finally got my Key via email but,
Say’s Installing from disk but it’s not is it, 12160mb and 2 hours to install.
It doesn’t take 2 hours to install 10gb from a disk does it.

That’s eating substantially into my Monthly bandwidth allowance, no warning, no details on any of the info online that this would be the case.
Having to jump through hoops because no CD-Key is supplied is bad enough, taking my bandwidth is just taking the p***!
Not happy at all.

ngabko
10-19-2012, 08:53 PM
I bought Rocksmith PC today, but i cant install, because no cd key in box! Pls Help me to!

space_bandit
10-19-2012, 09:28 PM
I've no CD key either.

This problem came to light last saturday (see first post) why has so little been done?

I have no idea what hours customer support are working?

Their is no prominent sticky for this problem????

Every time someone new posts it gets hidden (moved) in Game & Gear Community Tech Help & Discussion (http://forums.ubi.com/forumdisplay.php/407-Rocksmith-Garage-Game-amp-Gear-Community-Tech-Help-amp-Discussion) which many people are not finding/ landing on first.

Those who got retail boxes early had a few hours to wait, now the bulk of us have got copies, how long do we wait? Hours? Days?

It's the weekend. Will support be working?

I and others would appreciate some information.

mtech_uk
10-19-2012, 10:27 PM
Finally installed but it doesn’t work, all I get is a white screen and task manager reports Rocksmith not responding.
I’m not the only one either some are getting stuck with a blank black screen.
I’ve made sure my video drivers are bang up to date.

Really disappointed UBIsoft.

Black_Widow9
10-19-2012, 11:12 PM
For those of you that haven't contacted Support, please do so. Check this Topic for details.
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/719349-Missing-CD-Key-for-Rocksmith-PC-*LOOK-HERE*

Frostbittenyeti
10-19-2012, 11:13 PM
I managed to get a picture of my receipt from HMV attached and sent back to support at 8:20pm today. I got no reply. When I called the support number it said opening times are 11am to 8pm Monday to Friday.

Looks like I won't be getting a reply until Monday now!

So disappointed.

prankard
10-19-2012, 11:13 PM
Annoyed.

Not calling support. I'm not paying premium rates to get something I've already paid for and to get back some lame download that doesn't cost the gamemakers any money or royalties.
And not calling it as 10 minutes on the phone cost is more than the 'download' I'm promised on getting.

I've contacted support via the help ticket request as suggested. With no response.
Updated the ticket with the requested order, the dispatch order, the electronic receipt, the game, the barcode with no response.

LoopyElf
10-19-2012, 11:22 PM
Still waiting for Ubisoft support to contact me with a cd key. This is a monumental balls up and Ubi should be working around the clock to rectify the problem but I'll be surprised if I'm playing this by the end of the weekend.

The offer of the Guitarcade timesaver is a joke. I suspect like most, I bought this game for songs, not minigames, and to be offered a key to unlock stuff that I could easily do myself is an insult. You want to apologise? Give me the Megadeth song pack!

GAPendragon
10-20-2012, 12:07 AM
I got an email yesterday from the online store I bought the game from with a CD key inside it and an apology that there was not one inside the box. So it must have been a mistake with a particular batch or something. I'm in the UK though. The actual game arrived this morning.

Btw just saw the post about the two hour install. Mine also took two hours. :(

Wrathchild68
10-20-2012, 12:13 AM
Annoyed.

Not calling support. I'm not paying premium rates to get something I've already paid for and to get back some lame download that doesn't cost the gamemakers any money or royalties.
And not calling it as 10 minutes on the phone cost is more than the 'download' I'm promised on getting.

I've contacted support via the help ticket request as suggested. With no response.
Updated the ticket with the requested order, the dispatch order, the electronic receipt, the game, the barcode with no response.

Took just under 3 hours to get my key, I didn't sit at my pc hitting refresh or checking my mails every 5 minutes I went off and did something else, came back later and had a nice surprise in my mail inbox. I would wait, there are probably thousands asking for a CD key.

marineiguana
10-20-2012, 01:45 AM
I hope Ubi have put something inplace to try and get this sorted over the weekend it's the only time I have to myself and would be able to have fun with this.

TopJimmyZ
10-20-2012, 04:07 AM
UBI customer support shuts down for the weekend correct? Does that mean that everyone who hasn't got their key yet is out of luck until Monday?

I don't suppose they have a team working overtime to help fix this issue?

prankard
10-20-2012, 08:42 AM
I don't suppose they have a team working overtime to help fix this issue?

I hope so...

AnthonyNicholls
10-20-2012, 11:00 AM
Anyone else having problems uploading there image to the server?

prankard
10-20-2012, 11:04 AM
My images uploaded fine last night. Just choose file and ok. Used google chrome.

AnthonyNicholls
10-20-2012, 11:17 AM
Thanks. Chrome did the trick. IE10 just sat there and timed out

Rudolphas
10-20-2012, 11:26 AM
If anyone received his key during weekend post in this thread might be easier to determine if they're working.

Propably not though.. called yesterday guy told me it'll be done "shortly" (i sended email and photos earlier") and status of ticket just changed to "holding"... still waiting.

roavholla
10-20-2012, 11:36 AM
I don't think they're working. I talked to them yesterday as well and was gonna get the key "in short". The swedish support line is put on an answering machine that states the line is very busy and let you choose to stay in a queue. However there is no queue, it's fake. Very bad Ubisoft, you confirm your reputation again. Our biggest hope this weekend is if someone makes a crack for the game, wich is sad. No more Ubisoft games for me.

Uldreg0
10-20-2012, 11:53 AM
Ubisoft is always really bad at sorting these issues out. They don't seem to care about their customers and I'm not surprised that they are not doing that well recently. As someone said before it's been a week since this issue was discovered and they've done nothing to sort it out. They want us to email them/call them to obtain something that we've paid for already and in return we get something that we would unlock anyway...I remember few years back I've preordered Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood Animus Edition off the UbiStore and I was waiting for about a month since release date to finally receive it by post after number of e-mails(no-reply) and calls(constantly reassuring me that it's going to be posted soon). For all that trouble I received 10£ off one of the games in UbiStore (even with that amount of money off the games were more expensive than in other shops). Real dissappointment Ubisoft...

BlasteroidsUK
10-20-2012, 11:57 AM
Had game delivered today, without key :(
Just raised ticket, I hope they are working today to correct this since it is their fault and they should be working hard to correct this issue.
The mini-game time saver offer is really poor. I would have preferred the bonus songs unlock, which appear to be a pain to unlock reading some posts on these forums.

C'mon Ubisoft, sort out your problem!

god040461
10-20-2012, 12:27 PM
Had game delivered today, without key :(
Just raised ticket, I hope they are working today to correct this since it is their fault and they should be working hard to correct this issue.
The mini-game time saver offer is really poor. I would have preferred the bonus songs unlock, which appear to be a pain to unlock reading some posts on these forums.

C'mon Ubisoft, sort out your problem!

Waited a long Time for PC version of Rocksmth. Have the Xbox version. Wanted the PC game to practice on can,t thanks to no CD Key.

So fed up with it. Why can't things be right first time.

The top Question on their support pay is about the missing CD key.

HOTMACHINA
10-20-2012, 12:32 PM
So does anyone know if technical support is available on weekends so that I can call the PREMIUM rate number to get the product I have already paid for? When I call it says to call back Monday.

Is this how Ubisoft are actually "looking after" its customers?

Ignoring us all weekend?
Having to call a PREMIUM rate number to get a code?
Dispatching a product without doing basic quality testing?

I really thought I would give Ubisoft another go after the DRM climb-down, glad to see its working out so well.

Now where did I put that AC3 and FarCry3 preorder.....?

AnthonyNicholls
10-20-2012, 12:40 PM
if I get mine answered then I will post back! we will soon see if they are working weekend.

Robbie274
10-20-2012, 12:50 PM
Good news guys, they are working today. I submitted my request for key last night and have just been sent it.

rock on

KevinSmith2012
10-20-2012, 01:15 PM
I have also just received my key. No sign of the free DLC though (not that I wanted it, what an insult).

suntzuiii
10-20-2012, 01:18 PM
I have no activation Code for Rocksmith. I ordered the game for my PC, I booked my wife a ticket for a week in Spain, took time off work, and filled my fridge with junk food. I sat down in front of my tv, in my Y fronts, with my beautiful SG in my right hand and... NOTHING. NO ACTIVATION KEY. YOU NEED TO FIX THIS. YOU NEED TO RELEASE A STATEMENT ON WHAT YOU INTEND TO DO ABOUT THIS.

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
10-20-2012, 01:28 PM
Hi guys, for CD missing issue please have a read here http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/719349-Missing-CD-Key-for-Rocksmith-PC-*LOOK-HERE*

MezzUK
10-20-2012, 01:29 PM
Has anyone been having trouble accessing the support site to log the query. I've just bought the game and also don't have the key but everytime I try to login to my account on the support section I just get an error:

"There was an error accessing the requested web page."

Any assistance would be great, is there a support number or email address that I can send details to directly?

Cheers.

Rudolphas
10-20-2012, 01:30 PM
i'd call again but the phonelines are not active(i think). kinda ashamed coz i called yesterday and people who did apply for a key after me got it now...

space_bandit
10-20-2012, 01:31 PM
Thanks go to 3 posters above for updating us on ubi sending codes out today. At least I have some hope of getting a code today.

iidles
10-20-2012, 01:41 PM
I've just gotten a key, so there are some people working today at least.

As with most steamworks games I just entered the key into steam, only another 10 mins of download to go!

Still no sign of the guitarcade unlock (which I don't plan to use but require on principle).

PaulLumby
10-20-2012, 01:42 PM
My CD key has just arrived.

I did update the ticket a couple of times asking for an ETA. I don't whether that speeded things up or not!

I feel sorry for the guys at the coalface trying to pick up the peices...

BlasteroidsUK
10-20-2012, 01:46 PM
My CD key has just arrived.

I did update the ticket a couple of times asking for an ETA. I don't whether that speeded things up or not!

I feel sorry for the guys at the coalface trying to pick up the peices...

I've just updated my ticket asking for an ETA also. What time did you first submit? Might help in working out how long the turnaround currently is.

LoopyElf
10-20-2012, 02:09 PM
Yay, my cd key has been delivered. Sent my request at about 9.00pm, received the key at about 2.00pm. Looking forward to playing it.

I still expect something better than the guitarcade unlock as recompense though!

marineiguana
10-20-2012, 02:31 PM
Sent my request @ 09:44pm yesterday hope someone can pick it up before the weekend is out.

Uldreg0
10-20-2012, 02:42 PM
As many before I can confirm that they are working now as I just recieved my product key (I applied for it around 11 this morning so delay isn't that bad). Good luck guys

erectabuzz
10-20-2012, 02:50 PM
i sent mine last night at 9:37pm and still have nothing. tried ringing this morning too but it just said they were only available 11-8 mon-fri. It's annoying that they dont seem to be sending out codes in order

Weevil_
10-20-2012, 03:15 PM
... because my request was also at about 11:00 this morning and I've had nothing yet.

Does anybody know if the 0871 number they tell you about on FB is a premium rate number ? Just wondered that, since the only thing you get is a recorded message saying something along the lines of "tough luck sucker we're too busy spending your money to help you" (I may be paraphrasing a little there, but that's what it seems to boil down to), if Ubisoft are also making more money out of the customers they have let down. Hey, might that explain why the PC version is cheaper than the Xbox version?

I, like a lot of Ubisoft customers today, are not feeling very charitable today.

suntzuiii
10-20-2012, 03:57 PM
I just got my key..!!! WOOO HOOOOO. I sent the e-mail last night (Friday) it has just arrived (Saturday) at 15:50 hours. Thank You. All is forgiven.

BlasteroidsUK
10-20-2012, 04:14 PM
... because my request was also at about 11:00 this morning and I've had nothing yet.

About same time as me. It seems only those who submitted last night have had codes so far. I wonder what time these people are in till, and if they will be working on Sunday also.

AnonymeBoy
10-20-2012, 05:06 PM
I live in France, and I talked to a Ubisoft guy at the telephone, friday at 20h50; I sent all my informations in the ticket at 21h07 (so I couldn't call back). He told me he would "transfer" my ticket as soon as he would see it. I don't know if they work the saturday in France, does someone knows ?

marineiguana
10-20-2012, 05:34 PM
I now have my key thanks to the people who have probably been drafted in to help sort out the problem. :D

Weevil_
10-20-2012, 05:41 PM
About same time as me. It seems only those who submitted last night have had codes so far. I wonder what time these people are in till, and if they will be working on Sunday also.

Wish that were true. There is at least 1 review on Amazon from someone who got their code and an apology within 1 Hour ! So are they dealing with the calls in sequence (in which case at least you'd know they were going to get round to it) or at random (in which case some callers may take days/weeks/months to get a fix) ?

Why can't they put something on their website and facebook and everywhere else saying "Ooops we screwed up. Sorry but current waiting time from submission to resolution is 'x' hours". Not just "48 hours, maybe longer if we are busy".

So it may be down to luck. Post if/when you get your key. Let's see just how useless their "emergency screw up" plan is.... assuming they have one.

Good Luck ! (but not better than mine ;) )

HOTMACHINA
10-20-2012, 05:44 PM
Agreed, they are clearly not working in order as others have received codes and I have not.

Obviously cancelled my preorder for AC3 and FarCry 3, not taking the risk on this.

AnthonyNicholls
10-20-2012, 05:49 PM
I said I would reply back. I contacted them at 10:16 and I had my key by 12:50. so even though they created the error, they have rectified it in under 3 hours. not bad going ubisoft

HOTMACHINA
10-20-2012, 05:56 PM
Well just sent an update request asking why some are getting issues resolved in hours and got a pre canned response:

"Thank you for contacting Ubisoft Support! Your question has been received. You should expect a response from us within the next business day (Mon - Fri).

>> Please do not reply directly to this email <<

You must login to our site to update this ticket by clicking on the link below."

So....clearly they don't care enough to at least respond in person.

BlasteroidsUK
10-20-2012, 05:57 PM
I said I would reply back. I contacted them at 10:16 and I had my key by 12:50. so even though they created the error, they have rectified it in under 3 hours. not bad going ubisoft

Is that 10:16 this morning? If so, then I guess you got lucky! I raised ticked 6-7hrs ago and had nothing back from them. I doubt they are still working on this today. Very poor response from ubisoft on this. They should have put on more people to rectify this problem today.

HOTMACHINA
10-20-2012, 05:58 PM

Does anybody know if the 0871 number they tell you about on FB is a premium rate number ? Just wondered that, since the only thing you get is a recorded message saying something along the lines of "tough luck sucker we're too busy spending your money to help you" (I may be paraphrasing a little there, but that's what it seems to boil down to), if Ubisoft are also making more money out of the customers they have let down. Hey, might that explain why the PC version is cheaper than the Xbox version?

I, like a lot of Ubisoft customers today, are not feeling very charitable today.

Yes, it is generally 10p a minute but can be more depending on carrier. Seems we have to keep paying for the mistake.

Weevil_
10-20-2012, 06:03 PM

If they resolved everybodies issue in under 3 hours I might agree with you. But there are people who have waited 1 hour and others over 24 hours so their system is haphazard and inconsistent.

Anyway - pleased you are one of the lucky ones (still time for you to buy a lottery ticket - it must be your lucky day)

Enjoy the game :D

AnthonyNicholls
10-20-2012, 06:15 PM
yes, 10:16 am

None-entered
10-20-2012, 06:28 PM
I have send my support ticket yesterday at 2 p.m.
Got a standard reply at 8 p.m. stating that i had to contact my dealer (Gamestop) which should then provide me with a product key.
I replied immediately telling them that I would definitly not do so, as I surely won't drive back to the dealer, who most likely won't have a clue what the hell I'm talking about.
Told them that I expect to receive the product key from them, since they caused the problem in the first place. A few minutes later I got the same standard reply as before (clearly automated).
Haven't heard anything from them since. I even updated the support ticket, asking if they would get back to me this weekend.
This is real lousy support in my opinion. Maybe it's only bad luck for me, since some of you got a key within a reasonable amount of time.
Well, good luck to the rest of us :-( I dont't expect anything to happen before (hopefully) monday

space_bandit
10-20-2012, 07:56 PM
Been in the queue since 5.30pm friday. Not impressed to hear people are getting keys when they only submitted requests in today!

Weevil_
10-20-2012, 08:06 PM
Been in the queue since 5.30pm friday. Not impressed to hear people are getting keys when they only submitted requests in today!

Wish I believed there WAS a queue. They must be picking them out of a hat.

And no new information on the websites about what they are doing to sort it out.

BlasteroidsUK
10-20-2012, 08:28 PM

It does appear to be a support lottery. Did you update your ticket at any time?

Noticed that it's getting rave reviews on Amazon : http://www.amazon.co.uk/product-reviews/B007KGI9DC/ref=cm_cr_dp_see_all_btm?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1&sortBy=bySubmissionDateDescending

Shame really because the product is quite good, but Ubisoft seem unwilling to provide a satisfactory level of support for it. Feel sorry for the devs :(

prankard
10-20-2012, 08:31 PM
Posted Friday at around 6pm with all relevant information following their instructions.
No response yet, updated numerous times. Added more receipts and dispatch notices and barcode pictures etc.
Still no response.
In the UK, so irritating we have all the perhiperals and cd are just limited by a f***ing code :S

Rudolphas
10-20-2012, 08:40 PM
ok another question. Anyone from UK got key today?

GAPendragon
10-20-2012, 09:08 PM
I'm in the UK and I got my key the day before I got my CD in an email from the retailer I bought it from. - The day before the official release. I must have been really lucky looking at this.

AnthonyNicholls
10-20-2012, 09:14 PM
ok another question. Anyone from UK got key today?

yes I did

this is what I got

Hello

Thank you for contacting Ubisoft Technical Support regarding Rocksmith.

In order to respond to this email, please update this incident (Please do not create a new incident)

Please try the following key:- XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXX

Please accept our apologies for an inconvenience.

If you have any further queries or issues please do not hesitate to contact us again and we will assist you further.

Kind Regards,

Paul.
Ubisoft Technical Support.

toymachinesh
10-21-2012, 12:09 AM
I have no activation Code for Rocksmith. I ordered the game for my PC, I booked my wife a ticket for a week in Spain, took time off work, and filled my fridge with junk food. I sat down in front of my tv, in my Y fronts, with my beautiful SG in my right hand and... NOTHING. NO ACTIVATION KEY. YOU NEED TO FIX THIS. YOU NEED TO RELEASE A STATEMENT ON WHAT YOU INTEND TO DO ABOUT THIS.
http://kotaku.com/5953443/guess-who-forgot-to-ship-activation-keys-with-their-latest-pc-release
congrats you're famous

HOTMACHINA
10-21-2012, 01:12 AM
Surely Ubisoft a company that is not short of a few pennies can afford to put 10 people in a room for 6 hour shifts to resolve the fact that they have taken money from people and left them with a product they cannot use?

Was I the only person paying attention in business ethics 101?

Any formal response from Ubisoft regarding when we will be allowed to play the games that you have taken our money for would be very much appreciated along with an insight into the formula you are using to determine if people get the issue resolved within 3 hours or not at all?

Thanks,
The Paying Customers.

prankard
10-21-2012, 09:00 AM
It would be good if anyone here today gets a cd key from ubisoft to please post and let us know that they are working today.
Thanks,
- J

matanaka
10-21-2012, 09:23 AM
Ubisoft wonders why people pirate their games??? Shocking, the games been delayed for what seems like years and nobody wondered why there was a stack of flyers wih cd keys printed on them, just sitting on a table.

If you pirate the game you can play it day one no issues. If you buy it you cant play it untill ubi deams us worthy!!!

Truly have no idea why I bother with ubi on the pc any more

Timmy76Dk
10-21-2012, 09:55 AM
In my huge frustration I sit here and think of how many people have wasted a weekend to wait for a key so we can get started playing. I do not understand the way that Ubisoft has handled the situation, how many games are missing the key 1000 - 5000 - 10000 or more? We all have paid about $ 100 for a product that would entertain us, instead it has stolen a weekend away from us - "sorry for the inconvenience" just not good enough. Right now I sit and wonder, what I should do, should I "just" waiting for Ubisoft to send a key to me in a few days, shold I return the game tomorrow or should I write to the media - thoughts are many and frustration is greater.
I can not understand that a mistake like this can happen and I do certianly not understand that it is, not to put all available manpower into the weekend to solve the problem. This is not a local problem.
DO SOMETHING - SHOW US THAT WE CUSTOMERS MEAN SOMETHING FOR YOU INSTEAD OF "SORRY FOR THE INCONVENIENCE"

Tim from Denmark

Vector_Shift
10-21-2012, 10:19 AM
I'd say make other plans. Otherwise, there's the demo. 5 arrangements and Ducks. It's something. People have been getting keys this weekend though, so there is some hope.

prankard
10-21-2012, 10:23 AM
should I return the game tomorrow or should I write to the media - thoughts are many and frustration is greater.

I think we should write the the game media. What annoys me most is Ubisoft's lack of response.
A forum post and a link in their own support section isn't a response. It seems like they are trying to brush this under the carpet and also do (what feels like) nothing about it.

There has been no formal statement on any main part of their site.

Anyone got any game media (with links) we can all notify? They may not know this is going on

I'd say make other plans. Otherwise, there's the demo. 5 arrangements and Ducks. It's something.

I'm playing the demo to death. When I play "When I'm with you I have fun" the lyrics make me cry a little inside...

McPirie
10-21-2012, 10:47 AM
I e-mailed Ubi on Friday with proof of purchase and have been waiting for a reply since so checked on the Ubi support page 10 mins ago ('my stuff', then click on your own question). The status still states 'waiting' but there has been a reply with a code waiting since Friday evening!

Timmy76Dk
10-21-2012, 10:56 AM
Could not agree more, why the lack of response it seems strange to me

None-entered
10-21-2012, 11:21 AM
This is just rediculous!
Seems some have received keys on saturday, but today they are not working at all.
I would guess support tickets keep piling up all weekend and it will take ages for them to work through them all.
I really hope to hear from them tomorrow, else I will just return the game. Not worth the hassle at all.
And all this trouble after waiting for a **** year for the game to be released in europe.

Weevil_
10-21-2012, 02:05 PM
The good news folks is that they must be working today !

I just got my activation code.

I reported the issue at 11:00 am yesterday (Saturday) and the code was emailed to me at about14:00 today (Sunday)

So there is some hope.

Good luck guys !

Christophato
10-21-2012, 02:12 PM
Just received my activation code.

Raised my ticket ~13:00 yesterday and received my code today at 12:40.

Spiffing :) GL all and have fun.

Rudolphas
10-21-2012, 02:13 PM
gah.. apllied at friday.. still nothing

prankard
10-21-2012, 02:17 PM
Just received my activation code.

The good news folks is that they must be working today
Thanks for posting. You're better at keeping us updated than Ubisoft ;)

AnonymeBoy
10-21-2012, 02:22 PM
Oh, I just looked, and my ticket status is 'Holding', what does this means ? I'm going to have my code :cool: ?

The title changed from '[Key Inst] Missing-lost' to '[Key Inst] Missing-lost/ Fnac'

Rudolphas
10-21-2012, 02:25 PM
after i phoned them at friday mine changed to holding hour later and after 4-5 updates from me still nothing happened.

AnonymeBoy
10-21-2012, 02:27 PM
Oh, ****, I was so happy 10 minutes ago :(

Stormx360
10-21-2012, 02:30 PM
Just got my key 8 minutes ago

AnonymeBoy
10-21-2012, 02:36 PM
I really have the impression that people from Ubisoft (France) are all taking a rest on their keyboards :mad:

Stormx360
10-21-2012, 02:38 PM
I really have the impression that people from Ubisoft (France) are all taking a rest on their keyboards :mad:

I'm from England, so hopefully you'll be dealt with soon.

Didn't get the Guitarcade DLC though, so filed another ticket for that.

AnonymeBoy
10-21-2012, 02:43 PM
People from Ubisoft:

http://agileirony.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/face-keyboard-sleep.jpg

davcott
10-21-2012, 02:49 PM
Just got mine too, also in UK. No extra code either for Guitarcade

cyberleader1973
10-21-2012, 02:52 PM
I've just got my key so they are working on Sunday 14.50

Rudolphas
10-21-2012, 02:53 PM
so there is hope for me ! scotland here :>

matanaka
10-21-2012, 02:58 PM
This is just rediculous!
Seems some have received keys on saturday, but today they are not working at all.
I would guess support tickets keep piling up all weekend and it will take ages for them to work through them all.
I really hope to hear from them tomorrow, else I will just return the game. Not worth the hassle at all.
And all this trouble after waiting for a **** year for the game to be released in europe.

It seems they are working today, I have just received my key. Not sure if it works yet but at least they are doing something!

prankard
10-21-2012, 03:05 PM
People from Ubisoft:
Lol,

Maybe they are typing out the CD keys like this:
http://www.brianmclaren.net/archives/guitar%20computer%20.jpg

BlasteroidsUK
10-21-2012, 03:18 PM
I got my key also. That was a surprise. Guess I can start that long download on my slow connection now.

Did everyone get theirs from Paul? I noticed I had the same guy as someone else who posted yesterday. Makes me wonder if it's just 1 person there.

-- edit --

Actually it's not a download, it's just a slow install from disc.

AnonymeBoy
10-21-2012, 03:20 PM
Lol,

Maybe they are typing out the CD keys like this:
http://www.brianmclaren.net/archives/guitar%20computer%20.jpg

Haha, yes indeed :D

TheWave92
10-21-2012, 03:41 PM
How long has everyone waited so far? I've submitted 25 hours ago of this post, and still no reply at all.

BlasteroidsUK
10-21-2012, 03:44 PM
How long has everyone waited so far? I've submitted 25 hours ago of this post, and still no reply at all.

Took 27hrs for me.

Stormx360
10-21-2012, 03:46 PM
I got my key also. That was a surprise. Guess I can start that long download on my slow connection now.

Did everyone get theirs from Paul? I noticed I had the same guy as someone else who posted yesterday. Makes me wonder if it's just 1 person there.#

Yeah, Paul H here

prankard
10-21-2012, 03:49 PM
UK, Submitted Friday 5.30pm,
So that's 46 hours, and not a response.

HOTMACHINA
10-21-2012, 03:49 PM
Would love to know the logic that is being used to process the keys, I sent my email at Sat, Oct 20, 2012 at 12:16 PM , no reply.

BlasteroidsUK
10-21-2012, 03:58 PM
prankard, have you updated the ticket? Not sure if it helps, but it maybe better than nothing. All I put was "Please give me an ETA for this code."
Also, did you use the title... "[Key Inst] Missing-lost"? I suspect they have some kind of filter for that so they can track down the requests quicker.

BlasteroidsUK
10-21-2012, 04:01 PM
Yeah, Paul H here

Lol if it's just him then just think of all the interesting tickets he has been reading. :D

HOTMACHINA
10-21-2012, 04:02 PM
The only thing I may have done wrong was I used the subject [Key Inst] Missing-lost when by the strictest interpretation of the email it should be "[Key Inst] Missing-lost". Really hope it does not make a difference.

Rudolphas
10-21-2012, 04:05 PM
The only thing I may have done wrong was I used the subject [Key Inst] Missing-lost when by the strictest interpretation of the email it should be "[Key Inst] Missing-lost". Really hope it does not make a difference.

did the same :(

BlasteroidsUK
10-21-2012, 04:07 PM

I did without quotes on the ticket, so doubt that has any difference. Give the ticket an update, then cross fingers/legs/etc.

TheWave92
10-21-2012, 04:08 PM

Did the same, and it technically should be like that since most people interpretate it like that. If it was otherwise they should've noted that.

AnonymeBoy
10-21-2012, 04:14 PM
Something I can't understand, is that they modified my title and modified my status, but did nothing. I gave them a clear scan of the box, of my ticket, and I even gave them the bar code directly. Is it so long to verify these things ?

prankard
10-21-2012, 04:16 PM
prankard, have you updated the ticket? Not sure if it helps, but it maybe better than nothing. All I put was "Please give me an ETA for this code."
Also, did you use the title... "[Key Inst] Missing-lost"? I suspect they have some kind of filter for that so they can track down the requests quicker.
Yeah, used all that. And updated it numerous times throughout the days asking (politely) for ETAs. Adding more screengrabs and info.
The title is "[Key Inst] Missing-lost" (but without quotes)

The only thing I think it might be, is sent of an e-receipt as it was bought through Amazon. Although I did update with, Amazon order notice, Amazon dispatch notice, Amazon account print information, photo of product, photo of product bar-code.

I think my status has always said 'updated'.

BlasteroidsUK
10-21-2012, 04:24 PM
My status was always on "updated". The only photo I took was of the open disc box, so the disc showing at the top and the reciept clipped in above the manual at the bottom. Ensured it was clear so that they can read name, address, product and cost.

HOTMACHINA
10-21-2012, 05:06 PM
Not sure what evidence I could provide as I purchased from Amazon, so I sent a copy of the receipt contents and a picture of the game, the onus is on them to provide the product I purchased not for me to prove I purchased it.

TheWave92
10-21-2012, 05:09 PM
Speaking of evidence, I used both the shop email confirmation and Paypal payment confirmation as proof. That sure as hell is good enough evidence, isn't it?

HOTMACHINA
10-21-2012, 05:18 PM
Just out of interest can any tell me if they received a response from anyone other than "Paul" , I find the idea of one poor bloke slaving away trying to resolve this actually makes me smile, it would be totally Ubisofts style.

Mezzuk2
10-21-2012, 05:22 PM
After not being able to login to the support page to submit my query (kept coming up with an error page), I finally managed to login around midnight last night so from other peoples timings looks like I won't be getting mine until tomorrow. Anyone received a key in the past hour?

Timmy76Dk
10-21-2012, 05:44 PM
Got my key 3 hours ago, it only took 30 hours - BUT oh what a nice game :-)

space_bandit
10-21-2012, 07:16 PM
50 hours and still waiting.

If certain retailers are the issue could you name them.

I bought from play.com

snapmastert
10-21-2012, 07:19 PM
52 hours, Amazon.

Rudolphas
10-21-2012, 07:21 PM
Amazon here. around 50 hours as well. proper annoyed.

TheWave92
10-21-2012, 07:58 PM
If certain retailers are the issue could you name them.

Supposedly most, if not, all retailers have this problem...

space_bandit
10-21-2012, 08:14 PM
But some wait 3 hours others far longer. We have no queue.

I think some retailers are slower to contact UBI with confirmations.

Hence the discrepancies, it's only a theory.

TheWave92
10-21-2012, 08:18 PM
I'm actually wondering if that's a part of their procedure. Who knows, maybe they pick a random ticket, check if it has the required information and give a key?

Nonetheless, if they looked at your ticket and can't help you right away, they should say so and why, and not just skip the ticket like it doesn't matter.

LoopyElf
10-21-2012, 08:47 PM
If you haven't got a response yet I would suggest that you've done something wrong in creating the ticket. For instance, it doesn't ask for 'payment confirmation' it asks for a receipt - they're not the same thing. The image I attached was my invoice and the Rocksmith 'manual'.
I would recommend updating your tickets. Good luck!

space_bandit
10-21-2012, 08:54 PM
I took a photo of the receipt and can read the details from the photo, that's what I sent.

Just out of curiosity could someone who got a code in the box say where it's printed please.

TheWave92
10-21-2012, 08:55 PM
If you haven't got a response yet I would suggest that you've done something wrong in creating the ticket. For instance, it doesn't ask for 'payment confirmation' it asks for a receipt - they're not the same thing. The image I attached was my invoice and the Rocksmith 'manual'.
I would recommend updating your tickets. Good luck!

I also attached my paypal payment confirmation, which is essentially a receipt that you've payed with paypal.

And even then, if it's insufficient information, they should tell you so, and not just ignore the ticket like you're a liar.

HOTMACHINA
10-21-2012, 09:09 PM
Sorry to sound snarky but its not for me to prove I have made the purchase, its for them to provide me with the product I have purchased.

The sales of goods act is crystal clear on this, I have notified them of a faulty product within 48 hours or purchase, they either have to offer me a full and immediate refund or replace the goods, currently I have not been told they will do either and that is what I have a problem with, not that the issue is not resolved but the fact they cannot (or wont) tell me what they are doing about the faulty goods they are selling.

TheWave92
10-21-2012, 09:25 PM
Sorry to sound snarky but its not for me to prove I have made the purchase, its for them to provide me with the product I have purchased.

The sales of goods act is crystal clear on this, I have notified them of a faulty product within 48 hours or purchase, they either have to offer me a full and immediate refund or replace the goods, currently I have not been told they will do either and that is what I have a problem with, not that the issue is not resolved but the fact they cannot (or wont) tell me what they are doing about the faulty goods they are selling.

If you didn't have to proof you made a purchase, everyone could make a ticket saying they didn't get a key, and thus getting the game for free.

suntzuiii
10-21-2012, 10:17 PM
OK... I did get a little carried away. But is is all true...! My wife flies out in the morning. I was just very very angry. However Ubisoft fixed the problem quite quickly and I am now rocking out (badly) to an awsome game. Love it.... Thanks Ubisoft..!
ALL IS FORGIVEN..!

toymachinesh
10-21-2012, 10:31 PM
OK... I did get a little carried away. But is is all true...! My wife flies out in the morning. I was just very very angry. However Ubisoft fixed the problem quite quickly and I am now rocking out (badly) to an awsome game. Love it.... Thanks Ubisoft..!
ALL IS FORGIVEN..!

haha now just comment on the Kotaku article

Weevil_
10-21-2012, 10:59 PM
Just out of interest can any tell me if they received a response from anyone other than "Paul" , I find the idea of one poor bloke slaving away trying to resolve this actually makes me smile, it would be totally Ubisofts style.

Mine was from "Paul H."

I hope the guy has a thick skin 'cos the flack he will have taken this weekend would have broken an ordinary bloke !

;)

BlasteroidsUK
10-21-2012, 11:01 PM
Well you never know, Paul H might just be a made up name they all use. Otherwise that guy really needs a beer :)

toymachinesh
10-21-2012, 11:27 PM
Well you never know, Paul H might just be a made up name they all use. Otherwise that guy really needs a beer :)

or 12

jamesy2470
10-21-2012, 11:32 PM
Well I've been waiting 3 days for my code. Heard diddly squat. Absolute awful customer service.

Panthau2012
10-22-2012, 07:58 AM
Uh oh, customer service at weekends? My ticket hasnt been answered yet. Created on saturday...

Psycho100000
10-22-2012, 09:51 AM
Created the ticket more than 41 hours ago, still waiting with no updates at all.

Bad customer service, but I feel sorry for the poor support guys that pay for others (huge) mistake.

And to unlock some minigames that I'd have unlocked anyway by playing is not a proper compensation, just a sad joke and shows how really they care for their customers.

Frostbittenyeti
10-22-2012, 10:14 AM
I've heard nothing from ubisoft since Friday at 5pm when I originally reported the problem. I've sent them numerous pictures of my reciept but had no responce.

Fingers crossed that I get something by the end of the day.

beardedwonder69
10-22-2012, 11:19 AM
Phoned support friday evening. Did as discussed on phone. Have now sent images of my amazon order page, receipt, full box plus reciept, disc box and reciept. Still no response yet people who put a call ticket in at same time as me have had their codes already. even some folk who put a ticket/call in on saturday/sunday have had their codes by now. Completely unfair and awful customer service.

Frostbittenyeti
10-22-2012, 11:26 AM
Ok I rang them back at 11am this morning. And was told I would get a key by the end of today.
They emailed me back in 10 minutes with my key.

Still not happy but at least I can play tonight after work.

Mezzuk2
10-22-2012, 11:28 AM
Ok I rang them back at 11am this morning. And was told I would get a key by the end of today.
They emailed me back in 10 minutes with my key.

Still not happy but at least I can play tonight after work.

I might have to try that. I've sent a couple of updates to my ticket although I guess there wasn't much use in that lol!

m4r1k
10-22-2012, 11:56 AM
Amazing!.....Not

After sending a support request just as they described ([Key-Inst] and everything) and waiting a weekend, I have just received a reply from Ubisoft, saying they have a "customer friendly" solution, which is to contact Amazon and ask them for the key....yes, very "customer friendly"...why the hell did they create that support page in the first place?

EDIT: And Amazon once again redirects me to Ubisofts support...I'm getting the feeling I'm not getting the game this week.

Rudolphas
10-22-2012, 12:08 PM
called again. got my code instantly . :>

Mezzuk2
10-22-2012, 12:43 PM
I've just received my product key. Definitely worth giving the support line a buzz, they were very helpful.

ThorfinnR2012
10-22-2012, 01:41 PM
Well I just got my game from Amazon today, no key. So I phoned them first, they said do the form THEN call back, filled in the form, called back, gave them my reference number from sending in the form, they shunted it up to the next rung in the ladder and said "Call back in an hour if you've still not got your key. Calling has definitely sped this up for you."

To the phonelines I think. Shame it's an 0871 number *sigh* costs me 10.22p a minute, and 13.7p just to connect to them!

prankard
10-22-2012, 01:47 PM
Got a response from Paul (who is working today).

Keys all sorted without ringing. Will test it tonight. So much for playing it over the weekend. But happy it's finally being resolved. Can't believe it seems like just one guy fixing everything.

Mase230
10-22-2012, 01:54 PM
Amazing!.....Not

After sending a support request just as they described ([Key-Inst] and everything) and waiting a weekend, I have just received a reply from Ubisoft, saying they have a "customer friendly" solution, which is to contact Amazon and ask them for the key....yes, very "customer friendly"...why the hell did they create that support page in the first place?

EDIT: And Amazon once again redirects me to Ubisofts support...I'm getting the feeling I'm not getting the game this week.

I got the same answer. I dont understand why some people get the code directly from the ubisoft support and apparently the amazon customers have to contact amazon (which of course didnt give me a cd key, after i contacted them yesterday).

xforce223
10-22-2012, 02:21 PM
I got the same answer. I dont understand why some people get the code directly from the ubisoft support and apparently the amazon customers have to contact amazon (which of course didnt give me a cd key, after i contacted them yesterday).

same thing happened to me,

amazon support gave me the link to the ubi soft support instructions ( which I ofcourse already did and that sent me to amazon )

ThorfinnR2012
10-22-2012, 02:27 PM
Well I just got my game from Amazon today, no key. So I phoned them first, they said do the form THEN call back, filled in the form, called back, gave them my reference number from sending in the form, they shunted it up to the next rung in the ladder and said "Call back in an hour if you've still not got your key. Calling has definitely sped this up for you."

To the phonelines I think. Shame it's an 0871 number *sigh* costs me 10.22p a minute, and 13.7p just to connect to them!

And that's me got my key, took just over an hour. It's installing now and hope it's worth it but I'm gonna be reporting this to Watchdog and writing a letter of complaint to the guys at Ubisoft. Even with the free DLC there's no way it can be considered reasonable to have this much hassle during an install.

HOTMACHINA
10-22-2012, 02:39 PM
PROTIP

IF YOU ARE IN THE UK PLEASE READ THIS!!!

OK, so having got off the phone from Ubisoft technical support at 11AM I have found out that if you follow the guidelines set out in the advice thread you may have had the ticket you created sent to the USA system, this will effectively "void" the ticket.

I strongly recommend you call technical support to confirm this.

Good luck, I had my code without an hour of reviewing this with the technical team.

Tim in support, thank you very much Sir.
Ubisoft, screw you, never again.

Panthau2012
10-22-2012, 02:59 PM
The austrian support hotline is not working, and at the german no ones answering. Absolutly fantastic service, after sending out products without
serial numbers. I cant help myself but applause.

Weevil_
10-22-2012, 03:06 PM
Sounds like confusion still reigns although at least more people seem to be getting keys today.

Anybody any idea how you access the free ‘Guitarcade timesaver’ that was offered as a compensation?

I tried updating my support ticket with this as a supplementary question but the answer I got back was uninformative and I haven't the heart to go back yet again in case them dealing with my question delays some other poor devil getting their activation key !

As for expressing our annoyance as customers - I tried "Tweeting" to the relevant correspondents of the BBC, Daily Telegraph, The Guardian and The Times (oh, and Watchdog) inviting them to pick up on the story. I suppose it depends how many people were affected. I still can't figure if it was a "small number" like Ubisoft implied or the majority.

I'd like to see somebody from Ubisoft being asked a few tricky questions about it anyway.

Panthau2012
10-22-2012, 03:44 PM
Theres already a ilegal working copy out there, j4yi. Not that i would use it while the support needs days for a solution.....

GAPendragon
10-22-2012, 04:15 PM
I got mine from Sainsburys Entertainment so perhaps Ubisoft contacted certain retailers, or Sainsburys just noticed the problem themselves and contacted Ubisoft before shipping out their copies. :confused: Since my key came in an email and there was indeed not a key in the box, I know I have a copy that was originally affected.

TheWave92
10-22-2012, 05:46 PM
Finally got my key this morning, 10 am UTC+0 nonetheless. Perhaps there wasn't enough manpower last weekend, but I'm still disappointed in their support. Nonetheless, it accepted the new key and it's installing now, so I'm grateful for that.

Also, is it odd that Rocksmith actually installs from the disc by itself unlike every other retail steam game? o_O

RavenTheJust
10-22-2012, 06:18 PM
Same here in Switzerland. Complained to Ubi last Friday, after I bought the game, via official request. All they did was setting my request to "Holding" and now to "Waiting".
I really cannot understand this. This never happened to me in 20 years of computer gaming. PC Gamer (http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/10/22/ubisoft-take-drm-to-the-next-level-by-shipping-rocksmith-without-activation-keys/) made a funny news out of this.
And rewarding disappointed customers with the "Time saver DLC"?
"Instant access to all mini games" Seriously?! Because no one ever buys that DLC anyway?!
Come on Ubisoft! At least one free song of joice should be in for us.
After all the fuzz about the game-launcher I am seriously very cautious when it comes to Ubisoft games - seems that I was right to be.
So I bought the game on friday, no it's Monday evening and I have not received a serial. I think they should be a little more fair when it comes to this. It's fully their fault, but still they obviously inquire every request that - god forbid - no customer gets a key who has not paid for it (Not minding that one would have to buy the proprietary cable anyway)..

HOTMACHINA
10-22-2012, 06:33 PM
Just to repeat my point earlier, If you have completed a ticked based on the instructions in the other thread and you are not in the USA, I strongly suggest you call Ubisoft and make sure the ticket you raised is not in the USA support system.

Panthau2012
10-22-2012, 07:06 PM
Just to repeat my point earlier, If you have completed a ticked based on the instructions in the other thread and you are not in the USA, I strongly suggest you call Ubisoft and make sure the ticket you raised is not in the USA support system.

If they would answer a call or provide a correct number, id probably do that. ^^

olimo99
10-22-2012, 07:33 PM
Hello, I am from germany and ordered this game from amzon.co.uk because it was 15 Euro cheaper than from amazon.de. Fast delivery from amazon.co.uk on Saturday 20.10.2012. To install the game you previously have to install steam. If you try to activate the game in steam a steam/cd key is required. This key is missing in the package. So you can't install/play the game. Like the others here, I emailed ubisoft.co.uk a copy of my invoice but they don't send the key - they answered me that I will get the missing key from the dealer amazon.co.uk. Then I emailed amazon.co.uk to get a key but they answered that ubisoft.co.uk has not provided them with any further cd/steam keys. Then I have sent complain emails to amazon.co.uk and ubisoft.co.uk. Amazon.co.uk answered very quickly - they will sent me the same product again as soon as possible. I emailed them that this is only helpful if it is not from the same production charge with missing cd/steam key sheet. Amazon has replied again very quick - they will look in the package if there is a cd key inside before sending it again. What a confusion. Why did ubisoft.co.uk not send the key after submitting a copy of my invoice in the support form? Why does ubisoft not respond to my complain email? Why is it not like in germany: ubisoft.de has provided the missing keys to amazon.de and amazon.de has sent them immedeately per email (sometimes the missing key arrived before the Rocksmith software packkage)? This is ubisofts fault - shame on ubisoft! If you plan to buy the game wait until you are shure the cd/steam key sheet is included in the package.

Mase230
10-22-2012, 08:20 PM
Hello, I am from germany and ordered this game from amzon.co.uk because it was 15 Euro cheaper than from amazon.de. Fast delivery from amazon.co.uk on Saturday 20.10.2012. To install the game you previously have to install steam. If you try to activate the game in steam a steam/cd key is required. This key is missing in the package. So you can't install/play the game. Like the others here, I emailed ubisoft.co.uk a copy of my invoice but they don't send the key - they answered me that I will get the missing key from the dealer amazon.co.uk. Then I emailed amazon.co.uk to get a key but they answered that ubisoft.co.uk has not provided them with any further cd/steam keys. Then I have sent complain emails to amazon.co.uk and ubisoft.co.uk. Amazon.co.uk answered very quickly - they will sent me the same product again as soon as possible. I emailed them that this is only helpful if it is not from the same production charge with missing cd/steam key sheet. Amazon has replied again very quick - they will look in the package if there is a cd key inside before sending it again. What a confusion. Why did ubisoft.co.uk not send the key after submitting a copy of my invoice in the support form? Why does ubisoft not respond to my complain email? Why is it not like in germany: ubisoft.de has provided the missing keys to amazon.de and amazon.de has sent them immedeately per email (sometimes the missing key arrived before the Rocksmith software packkage)? This is ubisofts fault - shame on ubisoft! If you plan to buy the game wait until you are shure the cd/steam key sheet is included in the package.

Hi, same problem here. The Amazon support told me yesterday, that they 'need to carry out a physical check of the item in our Fulfilment Centre'. After another mail today they told me that they are waiting for a reply of the responsible department. No word about a replacement shipping. It seems to me that neither Ubisoft nor Amazon know how to handle this problem properly. At least the Amazon support answers in a timely manner, the Ubisoft support is totally useless.

Bartman2004
10-23-2012, 08:25 AM
So i take it the majority of people who purchased from Amazon are being told to contact Amazon? I've been waiting since Saturday for any sort of response/update on my ticket (which has all the relevant details/images). Rather than be passed to Amazon and then back here i assume its just easier to ring technical support?

Casino36
10-23-2012, 02:24 PM
does anyone have a phone number for support, the 24 hour line given on the ubisoft contact page in no longer in service?????:mad:

olimo99
10-23-2012, 03:06 PM
Update 22.10.2012 7:00 PM Amazon.co.uk will physically check their inventory (if key leaflet is inside or if its the same charge with missing key leaflet) before sending a new package. This will take up to 48 hours.

Update 23.10.2012 10:00 AM no further reply and key from ubisoft.co.uk and ubisoft.de. I opened a support ticket with a scan of my invoice on 21.10.2012 on the english support site and the same on 22.10.2012 on the german support site.

Update 23.10.2012 14:09 PM amazon.co.uk has sent a key but I can not activate the game with steam. Steam says invalid product code. Garantied no mistyping in the key because I have used copy/paste. Email to amazon for a new working key. No response/key from ubisoft.co.uk and ubisoft.de until now.

YukineYato
10-23-2012, 06:12 PM
same problem here, bought from amazon.co.uk
made a ticket on support contacted both
amazon tells me contact ubisoft
ubisoft watched my ticket today but its put on hold
waiting atm, dont kno what to do.
dont want to call caus this is extra costs, which shouldnt needed to be done on top of product price

Invarito
10-23-2012, 06:13 PM
I received a key from both Amazon and Ubisoft today and I opened a support ticket yesterday, so not everyone who ordered from Amazon is redirected. I just used the one from Ubisoft and the game is installing now.

I included a picture of the order details which I received with the package and some pics of the game. I only updated once to enter order number in the question box.
Did you guys also receive two codes in the ubisoft mail, Activation and Content?

BlasteroidsUK
10-23-2012, 06:33 PM
Did you guys also receive two codes in the ubisoft mail, Activation and Content?

Yes. One code activates the game. The other code unlocks all the guitarcade games. It's one of the "time saver" DLC items.

Panthau2012
10-23-2012, 07:10 PM
This is a shame. I expect an official apologize at the least, otherwise i wont spend any more money on
other songs.

Got my key today, from the support btw.

BlasteroidsUK
10-23-2012, 07:35 PM
This is a shame. I expect an official apologize at the least, otherwise i wont spend any more money on
other songs.

This is the closest I think you are going to get...

Hello,
As compensation for the inconvenience caused not receiving an activation code, please find below an additional code.
(Steam code was here)
It will unlock the following ‘Guitarcade’ games:

Not even close to "Sorry"

Invarito
10-23-2012, 08:48 PM
Yes. One code activates the game. The other code unlocks all the guitarcade games. It's one of the "time saver" DLC items.
Figured as much, it just seemed like a lot of people didn't get the content code. I guess it's because they received the activation code from the seller and not Ubisoft. In the Amazon mail only an Activation code was there.

YukineYato
10-23-2012, 11:03 PM
why did you receive the dlc code?
every 1 who bought pc version gets 1 or something?
or duo the missing cd key?

BlasteroidsUK
10-24-2012, 12:07 AM
why did you receive the dlc code?
every 1 who bought pc version gets 1 or something?
or duo the missing cd key?

It was for those who had the missing cd key for the PC game and reported it via the ubisoft support site. The DLC only unlocks the mini-games which you get by playing anyway.

mmmmbeer76
10-24-2012, 12:07 PM
I got the DLC code but where the hell do I enter it to unlock the the DLC.

Email containing the code just said "enter it to unlock the DLC".

No clue as to where to enter it

Whylex
10-24-2012, 12:10 PM
I got the DLC code but where the hell do I enter it to unlock the the DLC.

Email containing the code just said "enter it to unlock the DLC".

No clue as to where to enter it

Register the key in Steam.

Launch Steam and log into your Steam account.
Click the Games Menu.
Choose Activate a Product on Steam...
Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the process.

-------------------

Im still waiting to get my key for the game.. :(
This is taking to long..

mmmmbeer76
10-24-2012, 01:08 PM
Thanks.

Sent you a PM mate

YukineYato
10-24-2012, 05:42 PM
got my key today cheers
issued on monday

KevinEccles
10-24-2012, 07:08 PM
I've still not received my key from Ubisoft yet :-(

KevinEccles
10-25-2012, 10:22 AM
Still no key this is becoming ridiculous

Marcberbers
10-25-2012, 12:43 PM
Ubisoft you fail.
Even my copy didnt have a key, ordered it at bol.com

Hakiki999
10-25-2012, 01:17 PM
Submitted ticket yesterday through the official report system. Was contacted today by Swedish/Scandinavian customer support, which needed to "investigate" as if the issue was previously unknown to them. Hopefully they will investigate quickly and give me a key, and some useful compensation. I asked for either DLC song vouchers, or a pic of the customer support which sounded hot. I hope I will get both :D

sandahl95
10-25-2012, 02:13 PM
i have been waiting in 48 hours and still no **** key :mad:

KevinEccles
10-25-2012, 02:24 PM
Same here dude. I'm sick of playing the stupid demo. Ubisoft need to get their sh*t together

KevinEccles
10-25-2012, 04:52 PM
I've issued a complaint to BBC Watchdog cause this is becoming ridiculous. Very poor customer support Ubisoft is giving

L12KE
10-25-2012, 05:00 PM
I hate it when we paying costumers are allways mistaken for Beta-Testers.
Is it too much to ask to have a Product that actually works when bought?
How could you possibly forgett the CD Key and then just try to silent the whole thing down so that the oblivious costumer spends an awfull lot on a product he might not even be able to play for the next few days.
And then, as an excuse you will (when we finaly are able to play the game) give us "instant" access to minigames that no one cares about. How cheap are you? giving us as an excuse for not beeing able to play an expensive game an insant access to games we can unlock in the game regularly? Some extra Songs might do the trick but you don't actually care or feel embaressed, right?

Marcberbers
10-25-2012, 08:40 PM
Right then, glad they only made me wait for just a few hours, as i gotten my key already, Dutch customer service very well done.

XaviourX
10-27-2012, 09:03 PM
so today is saturday and no key it's about 9 pm here in the uk.. i sent the ticket at roughly 1pm so just wondering anyone got theirs today or does cs not work on weekend.. ughh if so thats just fked up since i have to wait till monday to get my key... this is pathetic

XaviourX
10-29-2012, 01:03 PM
Still nothing anyone got their keys today yet? Why is this taking so long? ughhhh

PMental
10-29-2012, 01:26 PM
Filed a ticked yesterday myself, as my copy obviously didn't have a key. No response as of yet, hopefully I won't have to wait for days...

XaviourX
10-29-2012, 07:41 PM
Just got my code and the dlc yey now i can finally play :) Hope you will all get yours soon