PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed One Crashes on Load Screen

wildhacks
10-13-2012, 03:40 AM
Hi there

First off, I did do a search of this first, and found no results.
The first few times I played it, it worked fine. Stuttered a little on the loading/splash screen with the particles all flying around, and every now and then during gameplay, but otherwise I could play fine on full graphics. (like this here -http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKWdoxUAPp4)

However, it now just freezes on this splash screen, and I can't progress.

This happened around the same time as the new nvidia drivers came out. As such, I upgraded, just to see if it helped. It did not, so I have rolled back (which also didn't help).
The only other updates to occur have been automatic windows updates.

I have a Geforce GT 640m and an i7-3630Qm with 8gb RAM. I am running windows 64bit. My computer is a Horize W25b (a custom clevo, specific to the builder).

From google, I saw that this problem often occurs due to ubisofts client trying to access the internet, and flicking off the internet should fix it. However, this has not worked for me, and I haven't been able to find another fix.

It's odd given it loaded each of the first few times I played, and suddenly does not at all. Any suggestions?

lemieux.
10-15-2012, 07:22 AM
I have a similar problem. Starting up Assassin's Creed is always very laggy for me and sometimes just freezes completely and I have to keep retrying to load the game until it works. I also get constant freezes in-game whenever I perform an action, get spotted, or basically any kind of minor event. The game freezes for about 5 seconds while the sound continue and then it unfreezes. This happens constantly and is extremely annoying. I heard unplugging your ethernet cable works to disconnect from the internet, but I'd prefer not to do that. I've also found another solution so that you don't have to disconnect from the internet where you add some IP's to the end of the hosts file in system32/drivers/etc and that is supposed to fix it. Does anyone have anymore information on this to fix these problems? The freezing is game is so awful that I don't even want to play.