PDA

View Full Version : Two Discs!?

tjbyrum1
10-13-2012, 01:03 AM
Went to GameStop today, pre-ordered AC3 for the Xbox 360, then I get home and see this article:

http://www.nowgamer.com/news/1615369/why_assassins_creed_3_xbox_360_is_shipping_on_two_ discs.html

I'm not mad, a bit disappointed maybe, but not mad. But does anyone know if this comment made on the bottom of the page is true:

"It could probably be just one disc if they cut the multiplayer, I'm not saying the multiplayer isn't good but I personally think they just put it in to follow with the COD and BF multiplayers, even though there completely different, I enjoy multiplayer but I am sure I will enjoy single player more."

So is it possible that multiplayer is indeed on one disc, and the entire single player on the other? I sure hope so. It's not that I'm too lazy to get up and change discs, I just prefer having one disc instead of two.

BlankDistortion
10-13-2012, 01:07 AM
Yeah, if it is two discs, I am assuming the second is going to be for multiplayer and things concerning it in the most, simply looking at how huge the game actually is. The Magazine guy from earlier told us the graphics are amazing, and that the world is huge, also that the frame rate is good. The multiplayer is probably on the other disc then, as a lot of people might actually like, considering that not everyone does the multiplayer anyways.

Jexx21
10-13-2012, 01:08 AM
oooooollllldddd

and yea, SP is on one disc, and MP on the other.

and if they cut MP I would be pissed off. I love the SP, and it's my favorite part of Assassin's Creed, but I love the MP.

EscoBlades
10-13-2012, 01:10 AM
I don't get it. People moan about the MP supposedly cutting into SP development (even though they are different studios). Now that the SP is big enough to fill one Xbox 360 disc on its own, people are disappointed that there are two discs, with MP on a separate one?

I'm confused.

Assassin_M
10-13-2012, 01:15 AM
I don't get it. People moan about the MP supposedly cutting into SP development (even though they are different studios). Now that the SP is big enough to fill one Xbox 360 disc on its own, people are disappointed that there are two discs, with MP on a separate one?

I'm confused.
That`s the forums for ya

Will_Lucky
10-13-2012, 01:24 AM

I'm confused.

I think it was the best news I heard about the 360 platform development.

BlankDistortion
10-13-2012, 01:25 AM
I honestly don't care if there is one or two discs, just as long as I have my single player. I like multiplayer and all, but seriously, story. Not like it matters, if I want to play with other people, I can get up and switch discs. I'm lazy, but not THAT lazy.

Toa TAK
10-13-2012, 01:45 AM
This news is pretty awesome for me, that means there's a lot of content for the SP. Considering I just pre-ordered moments ago, this is a Godsend.

tjbyrum1
10-13-2012, 01:58 AM
Hold on, don't think I'm complaining, cause I am not.

I was just wondering (and hoping) if the SP was on one disc and MP on the other is all.

EscoBlades
10-13-2012, 02:02 AM
I was just wondering (and hoping) if the SP was on one disc and MP on the other is all.

Yes.

tjbyrum1
10-13-2012, 02:07 AM
Yes.

Thank you for answering the question Esco, I shall rewatch your videos double fold!

Assassin_M
10-13-2012, 02:10 AM
Thank you for answering the question Esco, I shall rewatch your videos double fold!
make 500 Youtube accounts and subscribe to him :|

Evenesque
10-13-2012, 02:21 AM
Why are we talking about this?

Again?

tjbyrum1
10-13-2012, 02:22 AM
make 500 Youtube accounts and subscribe to him :|

What do you think I've been doing for the past 20 minutes? lolnoob

(JK)

Assassin_M
10-13-2012, 02:22 AM
What do you think I've been doing for the past 20 minutes? lolnoob

(JK)
Santa give you free AC III

tjbyrum1
10-13-2012, 02:25 AM
Santa give you free AC III

Haha. Well whatever, I'll probably be banned in a few minutes.

Assassin_M
10-13-2012, 02:25 AM
Haha. Well whatever, I'll probably be banned in a few minutes.
Nah not really;)

BlankDistortion
10-13-2012, 03:06 AM
Speaking of Banned, does anyone know what happened to that Hassoon guy or whatever his name was. Before I left he was posting all the time, his profile says banned, anyone know what he did?

Assassin_M
10-13-2012, 03:07 AM
Speaking of Banned, does anyone know what happened to that Hassoon guy or whatever his name was. Before I left he was posting all the time, his profile says banned, anyone know what he did?
Trolled another forum, they trolled us back, he got banned

BlankDistortion
10-13-2012, 03:14 AM
Trolled another forum, they trolled us back, he got banned

Eh, that was really dumb of him. Doesn't matter so much I guess, he sort of annoyed me to a point before I left.
Back to the two disc thing though, I love how big the single player is going to be, or at least how big I think it is going to be based off of this information. I can hardly wait the next 17 days.

kriegerdesgottes
10-13-2012, 03:17 AM

I'm confused.

I'd be happier with two disks of SP and ZERO MP :P I agree with you though.

BlankDistortion
10-13-2012, 03:21 AM

Hey, the multiplayer isn't that bad, its still a major part of the story. Ubi did great creating it, and even better incorporating it to the single player story-wise. I like it I guess, I just don't play it all that much. I am happy with what we are getting, the singleplayer is going to be huge this time around.

kriegerdesgottes
10-13-2012, 03:24 AM
Hey, the multiplayer isn't that bad, its still a major part of the story. Ubi did great creating it, and even better incorporating it to the single player story-wise. I like it I guess, I just don't play it all that much. I am happy with what we are getting, the singleplayer is going to be huge this time around.

It's decent for MP but I personally just hate MP in general especially online only MP. That just makes no sense to me at all. I will force myself to stomach the MP until I get my trophies which luckily are a lot fewer and easier in ACIII and never touch it again like it did with the last two games.

Free_Hidings
10-13-2012, 03:41 AM
The multiplayer is fantastic, but it would be cool to have some sorta offline multiplayer mode. Though I wouldn't use it nearly as much, it's still worth including some day, especially so I can play with friends who are on PC or Xbox

FinalJ1
10-13-2012, 04:48 AM
I was informed as well that it would be like Halo ODST and a few other Xbox games that it was two disc. Which I believe was a brilliant move.

AdrianJacek
10-13-2012, 05:19 AM
Dude, are you listening? They're two separate projects with two separate teams. The MP team knows how to make a multiplayer mode and adding them to SP wouldn't change much especially that they probably don't know about designing a SP as much as the other team does.
So you're getting an additional game for zero dinero. Not to mention Ubisoft already planned MP during AC2 development. Main menu - the ONLY mode in the game is called "Story mode" A bit redundant, eh? Stop complaining.

deskp
10-13-2012, 06:25 AM
It would be good if the multiplayer was playable without the disc (after install) with an activation code..

FinalJ1
10-13-2012, 06:31 AM
It would be good if the multiplayer was playable without the disc (after install) with an activation code..

Mmmmm.... I see pros and cons with this.

Assassin_M
10-13-2012, 06:36 AM
Mmmmm.... I see pros and cons with this.
Doesn't that apply to anything and everything ?

FinalJ1
10-13-2012, 07:30 AM
Not really. Getting shot in the face has no pros that I can think of.

Evenesque
10-13-2012, 07:32 AM
I would play the MP a lot more if it supported a more robust co-op system. Wolfpack sounds nice, but it's only one mode. I would never play another game again if they let us do the free-roam MP I made a thread about a while ago detailing how it could work.

Evenesque
10-13-2012, 07:33 AM

The Con is that you're dead.

The Pro is that you didn't feel it.

Assassin_M
10-13-2012, 07:36 AM
Of course it does..

I was shot in the face before and it does not really hurt, pretty quick..

The Con is I`m still alive, though..

FinalJ1
10-13-2012, 07:37 AM
Explain that pro to our ex vice president's hunting buddy, lol.

And wolf pack sounds awesome.

pacmanate
10-13-2012, 12:48 PM

I'm confused.

Its because people are too lazy to get off their butts to change discs.

But seriously, THIS IS GREAT NEWS! Even though it is old :| The game is massive so it needs it's own disc, that is a good thing! A BAD thing would be half SP on one disc and half on another so thank God that hasn't happened.

De Filosoof
10-13-2012, 01:30 PM

I'm confused.

Yeah, humans suck. Didn't you know yet? Lol.

Layytez
10-13-2012, 01:39 PM
When you have made two largish games with multipayer on one disc and for your third you use two you know the game is going to be so big even the multiplayer can't fit, that's a good sign of uses your resources to the fullest. Instead of making something smaller you just divide it which in turn could give you more space than you needed in the first place.

Crouching.Tiger
10-13-2012, 01:48 PM
I'm going to use the Multiplayer disc as a beer coaster. That will feel really luxurious.

kriegerdesgottes
10-13-2012, 02:06 PM
Dude, are you listening? They're two separate projects with two separate teams. The MP team knows how to make a multiplayer mode and adding them to SP wouldn't change much especially that they probably don't know about designing a SP as much as the other team does.
So you're getting an additional game for zero dinero. Not to mention Ubisoft already planned MP during AC2 development. Main menu - the ONLY mode in the game is called "Story mode" A bit redundant, eh? Stop complaining.

Dude READ what I said for two seconds before crying ok? I agree with him! I personally just do not want ANY MP at all. But I agree it does not affect the SP.

Jexx21
10-13-2012, 03:56 PM
Why do you want no MP at all? That would deprive the people who enjoy it... you want to take away the fun and joy of others?

pacmanate
10-13-2012, 04:40 PM
Why do you want no MP at all? That would deprive the people who enjoy it... you want to take away the fun and joy of others?

He said he doesn't want it, not that other people don't/ shouldn't have it.

Alpha_SOLDIER_X
10-13-2012, 05:42 PM
Lol, There goes the Steelbook.