PDA

View Full Version : Have we seen too much?

MaceoniK
10-12-2012, 03:58 PM
It seems like there's been more trailers, featurettes, interviews and gameplay footage for AC3 than I've ever seen in the lead up to a games release, and I can't help feeling that when I finally play the game for the first time, the experience would be better not knowing what I know now.

So do you think Ubisoft have revealed too much about the game before it's release?, (I know there's not been any real storyline spoilers, but maybe revealing too many aspects about gameplay and characters can be considered spoilers)...

pacmanate
10-12-2012, 04:06 PM
I don't know anything. All I know is Connor is a badass, he can tree run, the cities and animals.

I don't think we have seen too much because what we have seen isn't ruining anything. This time around they are only showcasing things that are new which is nice and not the plot

Mr_Shade
10-12-2012, 04:12 PM
I know nothing... [closes eyes]

Tbh - the Information I do know, and that Includes some details not yet public - has not ruined anything for me so far ;)

There has been no real story details - which is the most important thing in the AC series....

However - unlike some people - I do not go hunting for artwork /spoilers ;)

kuled2012
10-12-2012, 04:27 PM
Most important thing is the story..Nothing has been said about Desmond, about the apple...All we know is Desmond is at the Grand Temple but that's because of Revelations.

Slayer_WTF
10-12-2012, 04:29 PM
Nah..

MaceoniK
10-12-2012, 04:47 PM
Nah..

Maybe you could elaborate?

Slayer_WTF
10-12-2012, 04:52 PM
There is not much to explain, we have seen little, if we talk about the story.

For the gameplay I would say that I'm full. :p

raptor41tr
10-12-2012, 04:55 PM
If something revealed would ruin the experience, it would be about Desmond's story, but we don't know anything about Desmond part. So i'm fine.

EscoBlades
10-12-2012, 04:55 PM
However - unlike some people - I do not go hunting for artwork /spoilers ;)

THIS. Also (and i mean this in the nicest possible way), i don't get upset when there are long stretches of time without any new info. Just the way with fans though, which is cool :D

SteelCity999
10-12-2012, 05:08 PM
Ubi does have to a lot of talking to the point that this is a fresh game and not just another AC2 with a new coat of paint. They have done a great job showing everyone that AC3 is new and different, and the fact that the series is continuing its evolution without ruining any plot elements. Compared to ACR which really left nothing to the imagination in its marketing (frankly becuase there wasn't much new stuff in the game), AC3 is golden.

Layytez
10-12-2012, 05:10 PM
I feel like it's too much only because i analyze what we have seen to the bone. So it seems like I gathered alot more based on the small things we have seen. By the time the game comes out i would have realized I know very little. But main main interest is Desmond and we have seen nothing about him so that's good.

MaceoniK
10-12-2012, 05:14 PM
There is not much to explain, we have seen little, if we talk about the story.

For the gameplay I would say that I'm full. :p

As I said - "I know there's not been any real storyline spoilers"... so I suppose my real question is - do you consider gameplay footage and related information as spoilers?

ACfan443
10-12-2012, 05:14 PM
I kinda feel there's been a bit too much, I know about Naval, the Band, the Homestead (I really wish I didn't find out about that), the short glimpse of Connor's village burning, all those trailers, previews, demos, etc etc. But it's also my fault for finding out about/seeing all that, I could've stopped myself, but I have a terrible willpower.

Kaschra
10-12-2012, 05:21 PM
I don't care for gameplay spoilers, and we barely know anything about the story - I don't think we've seen too much. Heck, we got no real information about the Desmond storyline at all, just a picture and the achievement list, and the latter one is too vague to know what exactly will happen.

GreatBeyonder
10-12-2012, 07:07 PM
I just pretty much look up historic figures and that more or less rruins the game. Kind of inevitabble, methinks. I mean, I already figured out Liberation's villain through Wikipedia. Though no, I don't think they've spoiled too much. I just wish the trailers didn't make you look like Mel Gibson in a hoodie.

Calvarok
10-12-2012, 08:13 PM
If this is the most you've seen of a game before it's release, then you haven't seen very many games' release. Or you've been watching all the wrong ones. AC2 had a comparable ramp-up of info, and you'll notice that we only know the barest outline of the actual story, regardless of how much gameplay and setting we've seen.

Iamsosobad
10-13-2012, 12:05 AM
We obviously don't need to see anything more before the game is released, but we haven't seen too much necessarily. All we know about the plot really is that the main character is a half native american, half british guy who's village is destroyed, who eventually somehow becomes an assassin and plays a part in the American revolution. We've seen a lot of Connor running around killing people and animals, but that doesn't really ruin the game in my opinion.

IWGCJoeCool
10-13-2012, 12:34 AM
we've seen plenty of gameplay footage, so AC veterans can see and discuss it. we know when it is, we know who the main DNA Memory character is, and we (think) we know what side he fights for. but the main plot element iis the story of Desmond in the VERY VERY present day. every thing must lead to that, and we've been told and shown absolutely nothing.

and no matter what happens or how it concludes, there will be a tease for the next generation or trilogy of stories/games.

just sayin

JC

AssassinVenice
10-13-2012, 03:28 AM
The trailers and screenshots ruined some parts of the game for me. Also, that dude that already owns the game has turned me off by saying that the cities are small. I guess he never played AC2 or AC1, where some cities can feel rather small...

NOLA_Assassin
10-13-2012, 04:19 AM
Nah..

This.

deskp
10-13-2012, 07:21 AM
I could have been without seeing the destiny trailer and knowing about the homestead..

It would be good if there was alot of gameplay parts we hadn't seen....