PDA

View Full Version : How many of the characters Ezio met were real?

LoyalACFan
10-10-2012, 09:05 PM
This has confused me ever since I first played AC2. All of the characters had in-game database entries, but some of them are obviously fictional, like the Auditores. My question is, which ones of them were real people in history? I can't find any information on them that isn't related to Assassin's Creed. All of them had very detailed backstories (even that random guy who took you on the tour in Venice) but were they actually based on historical figures?

The only ones I know were definitely real (excluding the assassination targets) are Leonardo, Caterina, Lorenzo de Medici, Machiavelli, Bartolomeo, Salai, Copernicus, Piri Reis, and Suleiman. Were there others?

xXRyzonXx
10-10-2012, 09:06 PM
Most of the characters you met apart from ezio's family were real people.

Assassin_M
10-10-2012, 09:08 PM
The Pazzis
Doge Mocenigo
Rodrigo
Cesare
the Barbarigos

Just wikipedia

EDIT: Oh excluding targets xD

Kaschra
10-10-2012, 09:30 PM
Niccolo and Maffeo Polo were real.

kuled2012
10-10-2012, 09:33 PM
Caterina Sforza, savonarola...Hmm oh yeah, Suleiman.

Hagis21
10-10-2012, 09:48 PM
selim.ahmet,Bartolomeo

rileypoole1234
10-10-2012, 10:00 PM
The Auditores were real you know. Maybe not the exact people, but they were a real family. I think moslty everybody you meet were real people, except for the obvious exceptions.

xXRyzonXx
10-10-2012, 10:42 PM
The Auditores were real you know. Maybe not the exact people, but they were a real family. I think moslty everybody you meet were real people, except for the obvious exceptions.

There is no real historical proof of any auditore related to ezio and such, there might have been a family named the Auditores but i don't believe they had anything to do with our fictional hero.

JumpInTheFire13
10-11-2012, 01:08 AM
Was La Volpe real?

Assassin_M
10-11-2012, 01:09 AM
Was La Volpe real?
Heck no xD

LoyalACFan
10-11-2012, 04:08 AM
Heck no xD

But see, that's the stuff I'm talking about. He had such a detailed, specific bio, I thought he had at least some basis in history. Like maybe an urban legend floating around Florence at the time.

Assassin_M
10-11-2012, 04:10 AM
But see, that's the stuff I'm talking about. He had such a detailed, specific bio, I thought he had at least some basis in history. Like maybe an urban legend floating around Florence at the time.
So did Ezio:p

And his Bio was not THAT specific xD

We know next to NOTHING about his background..

Antonio`s was told, Paula`s was detailed and Teodora`s too..

LoyalACFan
10-11-2012, 04:14 AM
So did Ezio:p

And his Bio was not THAT specific xD

We know next to NOTHING about his background..

Antonio`s was told, Paula`s was detailed and Teodora`s too..

So were any of them based on historical people? Paola, Teodora, and Antonio? I know they obviously took HUGE liberties with them, but did they at least have some small shred of factual basis?

It just seems odd that they would make such specific bios for minor characters if they were totally fictional.

Assassin_M
10-11-2012, 04:15 AM
So were any of them based on historical people? Paola, Teodora, and Antonio? I know they obviously took HUGE liberties with them, but did they at least have some small shred of factual basis?

It just seems odd that they would make such specific bios for minor characters if they were totally fictional.
Ezio ? Mario ? :rolleyes:

LoyalACFan
10-11-2012, 04:25 AM
Ezio ? Mario ? :rolleyes:

I said MINOR characters :p Mario I can understand, since he was central to the plot, but the others didn't really play that big of a role.

Calvarok
10-11-2012, 04:29 AM
There were tons of random people who were in AC2.

AnthonyA85
10-11-2012, 04:35 AM
Almost all of the poeple Ezio met were based on real people.

The Medicci family,
The Pazis and their consperitors were real. Historically, they were all executed together for the attempt on Lorenzo's life, not one at a time by Ezio.
The Borgias,
Leonardo (obviously)
Christina Vespucci and her father were real.
Sofia was based on a painting, so she's sort of real. (the woman the painting was portraying wasn't actually called Sofia, i forget her name though)
The Ottoman Royal Family were real,
Bartolameo and his wife were real too.

And i'm pretty sure the Auditore family were real, since Maria's BIo specifically mentions her diary in a Florence museum or something,

I think the only one who wasn't real, was Altair :p

LoyalACFan
10-11-2012, 04:36 AM

The Medicci family,
The Pazis and their consperitors were real. Historically, they were all executed together for the attempt on Lorenzo's life, not one at a time by Ezio.
The Borgias,
Leonardo (obviously)
Sofia was based on a painting, so she's sort of real. (the woman the painting was portraying wasn't actually called Sofia, i forget her name though)

And i'm pretty sure the Auditore family were real, since Maria's BIo specifically mentions her diary in a Florence museum or something,

Auditores weren't real, the bit about the diary was BS.

Assassin_M
10-11-2012, 04:37 AM

The Medicci family,
The Borgias,
Leonardo (obviously)

Go to that Museum and tell me if you find her Diary xD

Btw, It is also said that Altair`s codex is in a Museum.. That`s real too:p

JumpInTheFire13
10-11-2012, 05:31 AM
Go to that Museum and tell me if you find her Diary xD

Btw, It is also said that Altair`s codex is in a Museum.. That`s real too:p
I don't recall anything saying that. I'm not saying you're wrong, but wouldn't that give away all of the secrets about POE's, Templars, and Assassins?

Assassin_M
10-11-2012, 05:33 AM
I don't recall anything saying that. I'm not saying you're wrong, but wouldn't that give away all of the secrets about POE's, Templars, and Assassins?
Apparently, not all of the Codex pages are at Museums, as Shaun mentions, most is with Collectors, probably Templars..

Some pages are acceptable and do not give away ANYTHING about the crazy stuff we know.. Mentioning the Assassins and Templars for example is no deviation from History

GreatBeyonder
10-11-2012, 07:57 AM
So far, the most egregious deviation is Manuel Palaiologos being turned from a quietly benign miser to being the secret mastermind of an underground Byzantine empire set on ruling the world!!

Well, that and the emails from the first game.

Kaschra
10-11-2012, 02:37 PM
Raschid ad-Din Sinan or should I say Al Mualim was real, too. And Richard Lionheart too, of course. I think all or atleast some of the assasination targets of AC1 were real people.

SteelCity999
10-11-2012, 03:00 PM
I don't think anyone has mentioned AC2's DLC...Bonfire of the Vanities and The Battle of Forli.

The Monk Savonarola and the Orsini were real as well.

LoyalACFan
10-11-2012, 04:11 PM
I don't think anyone has mentioned AC2's DLC...Bonfire of the Vanities and The Battle of Forli.

The Monk Savonarola and the Orsini were real as well.

Besides assassination targets. I know they were all real, except the multiplayer characters obviously.

GreatBeyonder
10-12-2012, 03:02 AM
Every single target in AC was a real person, and yes, Al-Mualim was based on Rashid ad-Din Sinan, though I personally think he has far more in common with Hassan-i-Sabbah.

AC2, ACB, and ACR main targets were also all real.

The handheld games are more fanciful, though only Altair's Chronicles actually tosses out history (and continuity) altogether. Discovery and Bloodlines invent a few characters, but still revolve around historic events, albeit fictionalized.

Assassin_M
10-12-2012, 03:08 AM
Every single target in AC was a real person, and yes, Al-Mualim was based on Rashid ad-Din Sinan, though I personally think he has far more in common with Hassan-i-Sabbah.

AC2, ACB, and ACR main targets were also all real.

The handheld games are more fanciful, though only Altair's Chronicles actually tosses out history (and continuity) altogether. Discovery and Bloodlines invent a few characters, but still revolve around historic events, albeit fictionalized.
Not every single target in AC I was real. Most were real, some based off real, others like Talaal and Tamir are fictional..

AC II`s Carlo was based off a real Noble of the Grimaldi Family, but not called Carlo. Also, Uberto is Fictional, but his family name is based off of a real family "Alberti"..

GreatBeyonder
10-12-2012, 03:12 AM
Not every single target in AC I was real. Most were real, some based off real, others like Talaal and Tamir are fictional..

AC II`s Carlo was based off a real Noble of the Grimaldi Family, but not called Carlo. Also, Uberto is Fictional, but his family name is based off of a real family "Alberti"..

I stand corrected.