PDA

View Full Version : Betrayal in AC3 {SPOILERS}

FirestarLuva
10-10-2012, 05:39 PM
WARNING SPOILERS AHEAD!
So, from what we've seen so far of the two newest trailers, Connor's Story and America The Beautiful it's safe to assume that Connor will get screwed dearly from all sides during the later half of the game. Just look at the achievemnts: Sequence 8 - Caged Wolf, Sequence 10 - Grim Expectations, Sequence 11 - Difficult End and the final sequence - The Sum Of Truth. After reading this it led me to believe that Connor's Story most likely won't have a happy ending, seeing as he'll be hated both by his own people for siding with the colonists and by the colonists themselves, since Connor, as the idealistic person he'll be for the most part of the game, won't realise that the colonists only see him as a killing machine capable of achieving their goal. And since they'll know that Connor will demand freedom for his own people they'll want to get rid of him by hanging him. I think this will be Connor's demise. Even if he escapes, his own people will hate him for breaking his promise. Achilles will scold him for being so timid and an illusionist "even those man you sough to save have turned their backs on you..."
What I think would be interesting to happen would be, after Connor escapes from his trial, some of the natives who might turn out to be Templars, angered by Connor's lies and offered a satisfying sum of money from the colonists will reveal the location of Connor's Homestead and we see a massacre, Connor's apprentices injured, some of the residents killed, the Homestead burnt to the ground (since scumbag Ubi didn't mind taking away 10 long hours of rebuilding Montergionni in AC2 and have it destroyed right at the beginning of ACB). What would be a nice plot twist and a great direction for Connor's character development would be Achilles dying. I think that maybe after his death Connor will finally realise that there are no happy endings to everything and he won't always be able to achieve what is right or what he wants. He'll just have to live with what life throws back at him even if it's not the right thing.
What do you guys think? How will they handle the betrayal theme in the game? Who will be the traitors? Do you think Achilles will die? I know there's only around 20 days left, but still, I think this is a great turn from Ubisoft in terms of story and an interesting topic to discuss. Of course, betrayal has been a theme for previous AC games but it seems it has a greater emphasis this time around and it'll be very interesting to know how Ubisoft will manage to pull this out. Alex seems very proud at what they achieved with Connor's story. :3

Assassin_M
10-10-2012, 05:44 PM
Too much speculation..

I fear we may discover the ending before we play the game..

We got some smart bastards here <_<

Locopells
10-10-2012, 05:47 PM
And some smart a** bastards too...

Not aimed at anyone particular, I should add.

Assassin_M
10-10-2012, 05:49 PM
And some smart a** bastards too...

That would be me:p

I am a self proclaimed, Smart *** bastard

ACfan443
10-10-2012, 05:50 PM
I think a betrayal is kinda obvious though. Makes for a good plot.

eagleforlife1
10-10-2012, 06:21 PM
That would be me:p

I am a self proclaimed, Smart *** bastard

A third of that statement is true anyway ;)

Assassin_M
10-10-2012, 06:23 PM
a third of that statement is true anyway ;)
all of it

freddie_1897
10-10-2012, 06:25 PM
i'm not reading anything in this thread, but calling the title betrayal in AC3 has basically just spoilt it anyway, thanks

LoyalACFan
10-10-2012, 08:05 PM
i'm not reading anything in this thread, but calling the title betrayal in AC3 has basically just spoilt it anyway, thanks

It's all just speculation, it's not confirmed or anything.

But yeah, I don't expect Connor to be too well-loved by either the Mohawks or the colonists by the end. Although I definitely don't want a retread of the Villa attack. Seeing all that money and time in renovations get wiped out by a little Borgia ******bag was almost too much to take :(

pacmanate
10-10-2012, 08:07 PM

Basically, the betrayal is speculation.

Assassin_M
10-10-2012, 08:07 PM
It's all just speculation, it's not confirmed or anything.

But yeah, I don't expect Connor to be too well-loved by either the Mohawks or the colonists by the end. Although I definitely don't want a retread of the Villa attack. Seeing all that money and time in renovations get wiped out by a little Borgia ******bag was almost too much to take :(
LOST: Altair`s Armor
LOST: Altair`s Sword
LOST: Hidden Gun
LOST: Secondary Hidden Blade
LOST: Poison Blade
These little things popping up on the side of the screen while riding the horse through the destruction... "SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP"

LoyalACFan
10-10-2012, 08:16 PM
LOST: Altair`s Armor
LOST: Altair`s Sword
LOST: Hidden Gun
LOST: Secondary Hidden Blade
LOST: Poison Blade
These little things popping up on the side of the screen while riding the horse through the destruction... "SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP"

Yeah, it was pretty painful. What's worse is that I first saw that scene in the E3 demo. It's as if Ubi was saying "Remember Ezio's precious villa, the one you stored all of your awesome gear in and spent millions of florins on in renovations? Yeah, we're gonna bomb the crap out of it in the first five minutes of the sequel. So... Woohoo, AC Brotherhood!"

rileypoole1234
10-10-2012, 08:32 PM
SPOILERS!!!

I think that after the war Connor will maybe be arrested for killing the Patriots he does during the war. I think that's what the hanging scene is from the trailers. We'll find out soon enough. Sorry if that's been said before but that's what I think.

TheLeoCrow
10-10-2012, 08:44 PM
You obviously think this is a spoiler since you say so in the title, so why is rest of the title the spoiler you mention? Sure it is speculation and you're probably right so why spoil it for others?

ACfan443
10-10-2012, 08:55 PM
You obviously think this is a spoiler since you say so in the title, so why is rest of the title the spoiler you mention? Sure it is speculation and you're probably right so why spoil it for others?

But it's so obvious that there'll be some form of betrayal in the game: Connor, torn between patriots and loyalists; Connor Story trailer "even those men you sought to save have turned their backs on you..." I really can't see this thread title being a spoiler, it's just speculation.

Legendz54
10-11-2012, 12:53 AM
Connor will escape the hanging... Hes an assassin he cant die in that scene, The end will probably be Connor finding the grand temple..

prince162010
10-11-2012, 12:55 AM
Connor will escape the hanging... Hes an assassin he cant die in that scene, The end will probably be Connor finding the grand temple..

i'm with you at this point