PDA

View Full Version : AC1 screen problem

andreja110s
10-09-2012, 08:47 PM
So today I thought about replaying AC1. Started a new game and noticed that when the game is saving, the screen freezes for a second or two. Didnīt bothered me that much until I started to play as Altair. The screen freezes when I counter attack too. And when the game is loading... I installed and beat AC1 this May, and I didnīt change anything on the computer, just installed the other ACs. And the first time I played the game everything went smooth, without problems. What could be wrong?

csacsamaci
10-11-2012, 06:36 PM
Ubisoft servers seem to be the problem. Try disconnecting from the internet while playing. The lags should stop. I contacted support but got no meaningful response. Several users on steam forums reported this "fix" to work for them.

lemieux.
10-15-2012, 07:23 AM
I found another way to fix this, but it didn't work for me. It involved adding IP's to the end of the hosts file in system32/drivers/etc but it hasnt worked for me. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Mr_Shade
10-15-2012, 12:55 PM
For AC1 - there should be no need to stay connected to the internet - it does not have a 'always connected DRM' ?

I think some of you maybe confusing AC1 with other titles?

If you have game support issues, you need to contact Support directly.

Links to them are in my signature.

lemieux.
10-15-2012, 05:11 PM
When I say AC1, I mean the title Assassin's Creed. There is an old thread on this forum regarding the issue and most people said to just unplug your ethernet cable to fix the constant freezing during actions in game, but I would prefer not to do that. Another solution was found that I described that involved editing the hosts file in the system32/drivers/etc folder. I'm not sure what you mean by game support issues.

andreja110s
10-15-2012, 07:13 PM
I donīt think the internet is the problem, since you donīt need it for playing( like AC2, ACB and ACR need it)... And I donīt have steam, itīs a game from a store( that means I have a CD)