PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed III Historical Accuracy

hackndos
10-08-2012, 08:55 PM
Curious if UBISoft tries to maintain some historical accuracy with this series. I only question as in this upcoming release they say you play the Battle of Bunker HIll. Yet the actual battle took place on Breed's HIll and not Bunker Hill. Just curious if during the game they make note of this historical fact or not somehow. Not that it would stop me from buying such a great series... :)

there76
10-08-2012, 09:14 PM
I doubt the would miss that, it's something that might not be well know to the general public, but if they did any research, they would know that. Plus, they had a historian on call, so I bet you that it will not be on bunker hill.

Calvarok
10-08-2012, 09:20 PM
Corey May specifically mentioned that, so yeah that will be accurate.

GreatBeyonder
10-09-2012, 01:16 AM
Yes, the Battle of Bunker Hill will indeed be fought on Breed's Hill between Middle Eastern ninjas and secret Freemason overlords... how's that for historical authenticity, Mel Gibson? *cough*

kriegerdesgottes
10-09-2012, 03:35 AM
Well according to some of the footage we have seen lately it doesn't appear that they are going to follow the history that says that the people involved with the Boston tea party were disguised as Mohawk indians.

Calvarok
10-09-2012, 04:17 AM
Pretty much everything that they deviate from history is because it:
1. makes the story clearer, better paced, or more interesting
2. was to complex or confusing to properly show in-game
3. serves gamepay better if adjusted.