PDA

View Full Version : Beheading and All Around Gore

d9233k
10-08-2012, 04:42 PM
Pardon this rather dark topic....

But,

Is there beheading in AC3? Should there be?

If not beheading, then should limbs be able to be cut off?

I'm not talking Gears of War style gore, but certainly Connor is capable of beheading/slicing limbs off in combat...

Thoughts?

Assassin_M
10-08-2012, 04:43 PM
There wont be...

There shouldn't be...

You can only have too much violence..

And Welcome:D

dewgel
10-08-2012, 04:45 PM
He may be capable, but he's an Assassin. It's not really his way you know? There was originally scalping but it didn't fit in and was very inaccurate.

But no, no limb mashing death defying horrifyin gore, although it's more bloody than ever before.

d9233k
10-08-2012, 04:49 PM
Thanks for the welcome!

And yeah, I'm not necessarily advocating for adding beheading into the game, as I would agree, it's not the "Assassin" way.

However, some of these kill animations are SO brutal and violent, that sometimes I find myself wondering:

"Wow, how did that guys head NOT come off?"

In other words, I would like AC to be realistic in the sense that if a Templars arm is struck in a way during battle, that it should physically be cut off, then it should be... regardless of the "Assassin" way

Again, pardon the gruesomeness

pacmanate
10-08-2012, 04:50 PM
He is an Assassin not a butcher. If you want gore, buy Little Big Planet.

GunnarGunderson
10-08-2012, 04:50 PM
There might be a couple of heads on pikes but I don't think any of Connor's weapons are capable of dismemberment without deliberate effort, and why would Connor want to dismember anyone?

d9233k
10-08-2012, 04:55 PM
Again,

Connor is not a butcher nor would he want to dismember anyone..

But I'm just saying the kill animations are so brutal that it seems odd sometimes that heads stay on the bodies of the enemy..

Think of a heavy attack with a Bearded Axe or a Broadsword..

pacmanate
10-08-2012, 05:04 PM
Again,

But I'm just saying the kill animations are so brutal that it seems odd sometimes that heads stay on the bodies of the enemy..

Oh.. well I guess its just down too the fact that there is no need. AC combat is brutal but not gorey to the sense of dismemberment :P

rileypoole1234
10-08-2012, 05:34 PM
Again,

I think that a spine is tougher and you think.

Ielgon
10-08-2012, 09:34 PM
Most of the techniques he uses would not actually dismember someone. In AC2/ACB/ACR you could see this not happening because the guards had armor, but it's just that the attacks wouldn't have enough force behind them to actually do it (most of the time atleast). In AC3 the guards no longer wear armor and yes Connor's attacks are more brutal than Alta´r's and Ezio's, but they still don't carry enough force behind them to actually do it (only with the bigger weapons, it's very hard to dismember someone with his tomahawk for instance). Therefore them leaving that happening out is actually more realistic generally speaking.

The other reason is that it's just not Assassin's Creed's style. Leave extreme gore to games like God of War and others that are mostly about extreme violence. It has it's place in those but not in Assassin's Creed (like others said it's not really the way of the Assassin, and Assassin's Creed has always been mature but just bloody enough without going over the top).

Legendz54
10-09-2012, 12:31 AM
Well there is torture such as the stock and sever lashing/whipping.

TheDanteEX
10-09-2012, 01:19 AM
If anything, heads exploding and limbs being chopped off with one slice is more unrealistic than simply spotting blood. So many mature games exaggerate deaths to the point where most people believe it's that easy to do in real life. Assassin's Creed isn't one of those games. Why start now?

tjbyrum1
10-09-2012, 01:19 AM
Unnecessary violence, blood, and gore are over-the-top action features that make a game feel 'stupid' and ridiculous.

Sure, it might look cool to others, but I feel anything unnecessary... is unnecessary and as such should not be added.

Play Deadliest Warrior. A spear, if swing from side to side can swiftly chop a human body in two. It would not do that, and it's unnecessary.

In AC, all we need is blood to make it look more realisitic... not heads popping off and arms and legs chopped off.

Sickull
10-09-2012, 02:09 AM
I would love to just break somebodies leg and then just leave them like that but that is more for a game like Dishonored although in ACR Ezio had one crazy animation where he would make the enemies head twist around to their back.

kriegerdesgottes
10-09-2012, 02:35 AM
Sorry but the butcher argument doesn't hold up at all. Connor stabs people in the EYES and hacks at them with a tomahawk and you're going to sit there and tell me he's above dismembering someone. You are wrong. I understand not wanting a certain amount of violence being portrayed by the character and I respect your opinions about not wanting it but realistically it should be there. Ezio swung giants axes and swords and used moves that realistically would cut you to pieces. I personally don't have anything against dismemberment simply because it's realistic with the moves that the assassins use but I'm not necessarily all for it either.

projectpat06
10-09-2012, 03:19 AM
I want to see heads roll and legs sliced out from underneath them with screams as dramatic as the guards from AC1 yelling "Nooooo, no, no ,no, nooooo! ahhhhhgghh" with them girdling and choking on their own blood. I also want to be able to break legs by kicking them in the knee caps like in AC1. The more gore and brutality in combat, the better. The assassinations can still stay suave and sexy. It's rated mature so there shouldn't be any restrictions on this just because some little 15 or 16 year old gets his parents to buy it for them. If this was a show, it should be something shown on hbo or showtime, not on fox or tbs.

NewBlade200
10-09-2012, 03:20 AM
Is my smashy-cutty-slicy-dicy-stabby violence not enough for you, OP?

DavisP92
10-09-2012, 03:36 AM
He may be capable, but he's an Assassin. It's not really his way you know? There was originally scalping but it didn't fit in and was very inaccurate.

But no, no limb mashing death defying horrifyin gore, although it's more bloody than ever before.

I remember that scalping was scrapped because they didn't want people doing it like crazy not because it was very inaccurate.

Assassin_M
10-09-2012, 03:37 AM
I remember that scalping was scrapped because they didn't want people doing it like crazy not because it was very inaccurate.
Nope, Their Mohawk consultant said that their ancestors never scalped people..

DavisP92
10-09-2012, 03:43 AM
Nope, Their Mohawk consultant said that their ancestors never scalped people..

okay that's cool, it would have been a bit weird walking around with the top of a person's head.

Assassin_M
10-09-2012, 03:56 AM
okay that's cool, it would have been a bit weird walking around with the top of a person's head.
Indeed xD

d9233k
10-09-2012, 04:12 AM
Cool to see this thread take off,

After reading some replies here is my two cents (again perhaps)

I think we have established that it is not the "Assassin" way to be all sloppy chopping people in half blahdy blah (God of War or Gears of War style).

But, there are certain assassination animations, especially power attacks with a heavy weapon, that surely would warrant the slicing of limbs.

I'd like to see the possibility of limbs coming off be in the game, simply because it would be unrealistic to have an arm NOT come off if it is struck with a massive axe. However, I would also be disappointed if dismemberment was central to the gameplay (which it isn't).. because again.. this would stray away from the "Assassin" idea that the developers have.. er.. developed.

tre289
10-09-2012, 07:25 AM
Cool to see this thread take off,

After reading some replies here is my two cents (again perhaps)

I think we have established that it is not the "Assassin" way to be all sloppy chopping people in half blahdy blah (God of War or Gears of War style).

But, there are certain assassination animations, especially power attacks with a heavy weapon, that surely would warrant the slicing of limbs.

I'd like to see the possibility of limbs coming off be in the game, simply because it would be unrealistic to have an arm NOT come off if it is struck with a massive axe. However, I would also be disappointed if dismemberment was central to the gameplay (which it isn't).. because again.. this would stray away from the "Assassin" idea that the developers have.. er.. developed.

I agree with you.

The loss of limbs could be done as subtly as possible, and by that I mean... not the main focus of fights, and not the main attraction, but at times of brutal weapon play, an innevitable occurence.

Not really all Fallout style limb loss, or GoW, or any of that where you literally go out of your way to hack limbs off lol.

pacmanate
10-09-2012, 07:29 AM
Sorry but the butcher argument doesn't hold up at all. Connor stabs people in the EYES and hacks at them with a tomahawk and you're going to sit there and tell me he's above dismembering someone. You are wrong. I understand not wanting a certain amount of violence being portrayed by the character and I respect your opinions about not wanting it but realistically it should be there. Ezio swung giants axes and swords and used moves that realistically would cut you to pieces. I personally don't have anything against dismemberment simply because it's realistic with the moves that the assassins use but I'm not necessarily all for it either.

Yeah and you also see Ezio groin shot guards with axes, would you rather see a ***** fall to the floor? It is just unnecessary period.

EzioAssassin51
10-09-2012, 07:35 AM
The more gore and brutality in combat, the better. The assassinations can still stay suave and sexy. It's rated mature so there shouldn't be any restrictions on this just because some little 15 or 16 year old gets his parents to buy it for them. If this was a show, it should be something shown on hbo or showtime, not on fox or tbs.

Hey, if you don't mind, it's not bad for a 15 or 16 year old to be playing these games, in fact it's legal, in Aus at least :p

Anyway, I personally think it'd be stupid to have this. I think it would look more comical and silly for us to cut someone's arm off and have them back away screaming then fall down dead. It goes against AC's artistic style. I just can't imagine it without thinking it'd be stupid and laughable.

Has anyone seen Kill Bill Vol. 1? I imagine it would be something like that. In terms of the look i mean, not the unecessarily huge amounts of blood spurting out of the bodies :p