PDA

View Full Version : Do people have a favorite memory?

Markaccus
10-08-2012, 03:45 PM
Just wondering, do any of you have a particular single memory that you enjoyed playing more than the others, out of any of the games you have played so far. Mine for example was an early one in AC2, in tuscany, where you had to climb a network of towers and kill someone on the highest one. If you got spotted too much you got shot to bits with arrows, so you had to ledge assassinate and assassinate from above, and sneak from tower to tower until you got to the top. Really enjoyed that one.

dewgel
10-08-2012, 03:53 PM
Just wondering, do any of you have a particular single memory that you enjoyed playing more than the others, out of any of the games you have played so far. Mine for example was an early one in AC2, in tuscany, where you had to climb a network of towers and kill someone on the highest one. If you got spotted too much you got shot to bits with arrows, so you had to ledge assassinate and assassinate from above, and sneak from tower to tower until you got to the top. Really enjoyed that one.

I used to glitch my way into that one, I'd just do a ledge jump from a nearby tower onto the rop and be up on that tallest tower easily. Speaking of which, I was playing that memory yesterday.

I'd say my favourite memory is probably either the race between Federico & Ezio in ACII, with the titles, or the Mass Exodus one from Brotherhood, where it begins exactly where II left off.

Or the Villa Attack, I thought that was really cinematic and awesome looking. They put alot of effort into that.

Markaccus
10-08-2012, 03:57 PM
Yeah the start of bro-hood is epic, I have to admit. I also agree the rooftop scrambles can be really good fun, but also really annoying if you mis that vital jump, and faceplant into the ground!

pacmanate
10-08-2012, 05:02 PM
I
Or the Villa Attack, I thought that was really cinematic and awesome looking. They put alot of effort into that.

So that's where all the effort went!

My favourite memory is the sex scene from AC2 :)

IceHot100
10-08-2012, 05:41 PM
Hard to choose.. I loved each and every memory of the games. But if I had to choose one, it'd be the awesome boat chasing one in Revelations :D

rileypoole1234
10-08-2012, 05:44 PM
My favorite memory is the whole of AC2. I haven't had that much fun or that many memories with a game since.

iI ElitePred Ii
10-08-2012, 05:52 PM
AC1 - Near the start when the templars attack Masyaf and you have to drop the logs on them
AC2 - Flying machine memory
ACB - Disguising as the French troops
ACR - After Yusuf is killed when Ezio and the assassins attack the asernal

POP1Fan
10-08-2012, 05:52 PM
The whole Forum of The Ox mission in Revelations.

hadarm18
10-08-2012, 05:55 PM
My favorite memory are actualy sequnces 8 and 9 in AC2

i never experienced such atmosphere in any game

DiamondBlade_R
10-08-2012, 09:06 PM
Assassinating Wiliam in Acre

zainzombie
10-08-2012, 09:34 PM
Carnival in Ac2 and Villa attack in ACB.

SixKeys
10-09-2012, 12:41 AM
The first time I played AC2 and finally solved all the Truth glyphs, the Adam & Eve video blew my mind. It raised so many questions and really felt like a proper reward for piecing together the puzzle. It's since lost some of its appeal, after having seen it so many times, but the first time was amazing.

Legendz54
10-09-2012, 12:43 AM
When Ezio meets Altair at the end of ACR

That scene was beautiful and the speech jupiter gave to Desmond too.

JumpInTheFire13
10-09-2012, 12:43 AM
AC1-Going to Arsuf and standing up to King Richard while being completely surrounded by Crusaders.

AC2-Climbing the church with Federico and the opening sequence
-The tower one that the OP mentioned
-Assassinating Emilio Barbarigo

ACB-The Sixth Day (Romulus Lair)
-Assassinating Juan Borgia
-The Tank Mission (JK, I hated that)

ACR-The memory where Ezio dresses up as a minstrel :D

Assassin_M
10-09-2012, 12:49 AM
Yeah I have one... When I was a baby and I was nake- Oh Assassins Creed ??

Any memory that has the third hidden blade :|

GunnarGunderson
10-09-2012, 12:59 AM
My favourite is the assassination of Bernardo Baroncelli

I will never forget blending in front of a merchant stand and then popping out like a snake when he walked behind me

SixKeys
10-09-2012, 12:59 AM
Any memory that has the third hidden blade :|

They all do when I'm playing. :rolleyes: :cool:

monoman32
10-09-2012, 02:01 AM
At the end of Brotherhood I was just like WTF

kudos17
10-09-2012, 03:45 AM
Last mission in AC1. "I applied my heart to know wisdom..."

In terms of a whole solid mission though... hm, that's hard. Opening of AC2 is a classic. AC:B's opening is pretty good, too. Really starts Ezio's downward spiral. He was never meant to go past there, really... that was supposed to be his retirement, and Cesare screwed that up and threw him back into the fray.

AC:R would've probably had a great intro if the cinematic opening was actual gameplay. But, as it was, meh... :nonchalance:

masterfenix2009
10-09-2012, 07:41 AM
AC1: I loved the last mission of AC1 because Altair actually had good voice acting in that mission.
AC2: I would have to say the Carnival missions because I loved the theme.
ACB:I loved throwing Cesare into the air.
ACR:I loved the last memory in ACR because of the Ezio speech.

dewgel
10-09-2012, 08:27 AM
Last mission in AC1. "I applied my heart to know wisdom..."

In terms of a whole solid mission though... hm, that's hard. Opening of AC2 is a classic. AC:B's opening is pretty good, too. Really starts Ezio's downward spiral. He was never meant to go past there, really... that was supposed to be his retirement, and Cesare screwed that up and threw him back into the fray.

AC:R would've probably had a great intro if the cinematic opening was actual gameplay. But, as it was, meh... :nonchalance:

I'm with you on ACR's opening.. if they put that quality into the Villa attack style, it'd have been immense.

Also : I loved Carnevale. I totally forgot about that, it's definitely my favourite part of any AC.

Assassin_M
10-09-2012, 08:31 AM
I'm with you on ACR's opening.. if they put that quality into the Villa attack style, it'd have been immense.

Also : I loved Carnevale. I totally forgot about that, it's definitely my favourite part of any AC.
Did you guys know that the intro of ACR was completely different ? It was fully rendered in Gameplay, but somehow mid-way through development, something happened and they scrapped it..

Markaccus
10-09-2012, 10:39 AM
Great response, cheers everyone. Wonder if AC3 will provide as many thrills as the rest. Not long till we find out....

mattduck69
10-09-2012, 11:42 AM
i have to say when Altiar dies and Ezio finds him and tells him to rest in peace. Just that whole sequence was absolutly amazing...the music...the atmosphere..ill be honest when ezio was saying that speech to desmond i had goosebumps and tears in the eyes from just how awesome it was and that i knew this was the end of ezio and altiar.

DiamondBlade_R
10-09-2012, 11:52 AM
Did you guys know that the intro of ACR was completely different ? It was fully rendered in Gameplay, but somehow mid-way through development, something happened and they scrapped it..
Source?

POP1Fan
10-09-2012, 11:59 AM
Source?

It was in an interview which came after the E3 trailer appeared. It is true, that WHOLE thing was supposed to be playable. I am sure M will find the link.

kuled2012
10-09-2012, 08:10 PM
Oh so many..
Assassin's creed 1 - Talal, the one where he asks you to step into the light then later chase him in the streets of Jerusalem.
Assassin's creed 2 - Getting into the Doge's palace with Leonardo's flying machine
Assassin's creed Brotherhood - Err..It's not exactly a single memory but I loved the Cristina missions
Assassin's creed Revelations - Infiltrating Masyaf castle to save Al Mualim (First Altair memory :D )

matheus_737
10-09-2012, 08:30 PM
A lot:
-Death of Ezio's family
-First chase in AC1
-Duel against Al Mualim
-Greek fire
-Last memory in ACR(cried)
-Enter Brotherhood AC2
-Villa attack
- Flying machine
-Altair take back the Order.
and many more. Its my favorite franchise of all time I have many "memories".

Assassin_M
10-09-2012, 09:16 PM
It was in an interview which came after the E3 trailer appeared. It is true, that WHOLE thing was supposed to be playable. I am sure M will find the link.
Still looking for that interview xD

CrazySN
10-09-2012, 10:02 PM
There was mission in AC: Brotherhood, in sequence 6, in which like a hundred enemies would keep spawning for as long as you didn't close the gates. That was my favorite mission, since I never closed the gates and just kept slaughtering all the enemies with every weapon I had. It's like the most epic part of the game since you could just summon all your Assassins, have a group of mercenaries and thieves, fighting all the enemies at the same time. Playing that mission along with custom music gave me TONS of HOURS of replayability.

Now that AC3 is gonna come out with literally thousands of enemies to be seen on screen, I'm hoping I can mess with even more epic battles in that game. =P

AdrianJacek
10-10-2012, 12:24 PM
I pretty much love every single mission EVER (besides Port Authority from Bonfires, f*ck that ****) so I will only pick up one Memory per game. Best of the best.
AC1 - Al Mualim assassination
AC2 - Mob Justice (yeah, it's not much of a mission but I still love it due to the storytelling aspects - Ezio finally became a wise assassin)
ACB - Pax Romana
ACR - God d*mn it, so many amazing missions... End of the Road.
So yeah, I guess the final bosses are my thing. :P The Vatican mission in AC2 is not bad but... it has that weird bug that gives us that bland notoriety track if you're 100% notorious. That made a lot of people miss on The Vault theme and Rodrigo End Fight music. A shame.

kuled2012
10-10-2012, 12:29 PM
That made a lot of people miss on The Vault theme and Rodrigo End Fight music. A shame.Wait, what?

AdrianJacek
10-10-2012, 01:01 PM
Wait, what?
Okay, a little comparison.
Here's the final mission without the music:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsHCX1J_fvg
Here's the finale WITH the music:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkii8qLcJ24

BeCk41
10-10-2012, 01:05 PM
So that's where all the effort went!

My favourite memory is the sex scene from AC2 :)

LOL

in AC2, I liked the carnivale memory and activities, I would load my game just to replay all the mini games. :3

AdrianJacek
10-10-2012, 01:09 PM
LOL

in AC2, I liked the carnivale memory and activities, I would load my game just to replay all the mini games. :3
I wish there was a way to replay entire sequences not just separate missions

BeCk41
10-10-2012, 01:14 PM
I wish there was a way to replay entire sequences not just separate missions

Yep, you can't replay any memories after completing them in AC2, but you can in Brohood and Revelations.

kuled2012
10-10-2012, 01:14 PM
Okay, a little comparison.
Here's the final mission without the music:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsHCX1J_fvg
Here's the finale WITH the music:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkii8qLcJ24

That's an epic soundtrack, It freaked me out at the start of Brotherhood but never knew it was in AC2 aswell. Also, since we're talking about that particular memory, has anyone noticed Ezio says Requiescat in pace to Rodrigo even though he didn't kill him? :P

Markaccus
10-10-2012, 01:15 PM
I pretty much every single mission EVER (besides Port Authority from Bonfires, f*ck that ****) so I will only pick up one Memory per game. Best of the best.
AC1 - Al Mualim assassination
AC2 - Mob Justice (yeah, it's not much of a mission but I still love it due to the storytelling aspects - Ezio finally became a wise assassin)
ACB - Pax Romana
ACR - God d*mn it, so many amazing missions... End of the Road.
So yeah, I guess the final bosses are my thing. :P The Vatican mission in AC2 is not bad but... it has that weird bug that gives us that bland notoriety track if you're 100% notorious. That made a lot of people miss on The Vault theme and Rodrigo End Fight music. A shame.

Yes, port authority was a total (b word for illegitimate child). Was blind luck getting on the deck and jumping on the target before the two moving guards lower down saw you. Eff that ess, eff that ess to hell!

pacmanate
10-10-2012, 01:55 PM
That's an epic soundtrack, It freaked me out at the start of Brotherhood but never knew it was in AC2 aswell. Also, since we're talking about that particular memory, has anyone noticed Ezio says Requiescat in pace to Rodrigo even though he didn't kill him? :P

If you want to go further than that, why did Rodrigo strip and disappear after the fight and how did he get out of the ditch thing?!

Markaccus
10-10-2012, 02:13 PM
If you want to go further than that, why did Rodrigo strip and disappear after the fight and how did he get out of the ditch thing?!

Magic??

kuled2012
10-10-2012, 02:19 PM
Fatty needed to lose the weight..Besides everyone knows Parkour in this game :P

Moultonborough
10-10-2012, 02:21 PM
AC1- Last memory before the Al Mulam battle when Malik and Altair make up. Always thought it was cool they switched the line around at the end.
AC2- Opening with Frederico. Sends chills up my back.
AC:B- PAX Roma (and though not a memory Desmond going through the Coliseum )
AC:R- Ending, I love when the camera rotates from Altair sitting down to Ezio kneeling at the chair. And then gives him Last Rites. Just classic.

AdrianJacek
10-10-2012, 03:22 PM
He climbed out, duh! :P Just because the game doesn't let us do that it doesn't mean it's impossible. Which means that fatman was better than Ezio. That hurts. :(
Oh, and he left his robes? They're gold so they must be pretty heavy and inconvenient for climbing.

Markaccus
10-10-2012, 04:08 PM
He climbed out, duh! :P Just because the game doesn't let us do that it doesn't mean it's impossible. Which means that fatman was better than Ezio. That hurts. :(
Oh, and he left his robes? They're gold so they must be pretty heavy and inconvenient for climbing.

Nah. I still say magic. There's a fat, naked, magic pope running around out there, somewhere.