PDA

View Full Version : How were you introduced to Assassin's Creed?

Aphex_Tim
10-08-2012, 08:28 AM
I actually have no idea if something like this exists already, so forgive me if it does.

Title says it all, just out of curiosity, how did you get into Assassin's Creed?

I remember first hearing about it when i was very active on the Prince of Persia forums a bunch of years ago on my previous forums account.
Sometime after the release of The Two Thrones we heard Ubi was working on something called "Project Assassins". I've been following it ever since but never actually owned any games in the series until a couple of month before the release of Revelations when i finally got a PS3. The games before that i used to play by borrowing a friend's Ps3 and the game from someone else so i've been a big fan without actually owning any of it for quite some time. :p

BeCk41
10-08-2012, 08:43 AM
Can't remember... it's been sooooo long. I found AC2 in a bin at some game store and it had Italy as the location after I literally just returned from there, so I wanted to see what it was. Needless to say it blew me away, and I was completely impressed by everything in it. Then after completing pretty much everything in that game, I heard about Brotherhood and how there was a multiplayer as one of the perks (it's what got me interested to buy the game again) so I went on Uplay made an account here to buy the Hellequin which apparently you can only do through Uplay as an incentive to sign up to the forum and get involved or whatever. So yeah, that's my story... it's a bit boring and predictable but meh.

http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/jumping/jumping0043.gif

Legendz54
10-08-2012, 08:51 AM
Ah yes, That Destined day happened 3 years ago, I went to a friends place who had AC1. He hadn't played it and it was collecting dust, so i asked to borrow it just to see what it was like and i finished it, Straight after that i got AC2 and then i got hooked, After that day AC became my favourite franchise ever and i have always gotten each game on their first day of release.

connor_bg
10-08-2012, 09:00 AM
I really like the thread.
I remember my first time it was 2007 and a friend of mine which have a pc hardware shop randomly mentioned something about that game (that it is like prince of persia, like he said), so i decided to view some trailers (even though i never played prince of persia). But to be honest i didn't like the game at all, i even hated it since everyone was talking about it. But march 2008 when the game came out for pc i decided to try it out, since i had a lot of free time, so i pirated the first game. I liked it a lot and that how the foundations of one love were build.

p.s.- just to be clear- i bought ac2,acb and acr and planning to buy ac3 too.

Evenesque
10-08-2012, 09:06 AM
I like the idea behind this thread. Good on ya Tim.

I can't remember exactly what happened to make me want the game, but odds are it was a commercial because back then I watched loads of telly. I was younger and poorer and had to wait for my parents to buy me the first game for Christmas. My whole family (cousins, aunts, the lot) came over Christmas morning to exchange presents and open them and I flipped my **** when I opened my DVD shaped present from my cousins that was AC1. That game fulfilled so many of my fantasies, which have always been about stealth killing.

So I opened the box and I disappeared into my room a few seconds later. I was a completely terrible host that day because of AC1 and 100% ignored my entire family for that entire day and about a week and a half afterwards. I don't regret any of it.

(My aunt walked into my room at one point to figure out where'd I'd gone and if I was still alive. She made a genuine attempt at trying to understand why I enjoyed climbing imaginary buildings and jumping on people so much. She sort of got it. She was talking to me while I was exploring Masyaf, so I didn't kill many people. I just jump-tackled them from rooftops and giggled maniacally to myself. She left just slightly more confused than when she came in.)

Eziolala
10-08-2012, 09:08 AM
I first heard about AC in 2009 when the ACII was released. I fell in love with ACII when I saw it, and then went out to buy both it and AC.

maxerx180
10-08-2012, 09:10 AM
I still remember it. It was when I first got an xbox and I asked my friend what my gamertag should be and his response was "Assassin like off of Assassin's Creed." That single line lead me to this wonderful series. That was around the end of 2008.

Timeaus
10-08-2012, 09:12 AM
I was actually introduced to AC by a friend back in 2007 right before the release of AC1. He told me that it was similar to prince of persia ( which I was a fan of during that time) so I went to check out some of the gameplay video and I was instantly hooked. Bought it day 1 on November 2007 and I've bought every AC games day 1. So yeah Been a fan since day 1 :)

Tzeentch_859
10-08-2012, 09:24 AM
I have always had an interest in the medieval period and I was reading a gaming magazine in I think it was either May or June issue of 2007
and they had a story on AC. I loved the setting and the idea of real history being interwoven into the plot. And then at the end they mentioned there
was some weird sci-fi stuff going on in the trailers and at that point nobody had really any idea about Desmond, and that just made me more interested.
Preordered AC1 around the same time as that magazine came out and picked it up day 1.
That was an amazing day.
Since then I've always been a huge fan. That wait from finishing AC1 to hearing about AC2 in 2009, it feels about as long as this month leading up to AC3.

NOLA_Assassin
10-08-2012, 09:43 AM
I saw the Acre demo for AC 1 and decided to pick it up, been a fan ever since.

doogsy91
10-08-2012, 10:03 AM
Was discussing climbing mechanics on the Splinter Cell forums on my old account back in the day when they'd just released the first demo video of AC1 which was in Acre I think. Someone mentioned it and I've been following the series ever since except for around ACII's release when I went off gaming and sold my Xbox and games lol.

playassassins1
10-08-2012, 10:05 AM
When I got my PS3, which was a little after AC I got released. I obviously needed a game to start with. I heard a lot of things about Assassin's Creed. So I picked it up.

In my first playthrough, I didn't know nothing about the story, i didn't really pay that much attention to it. I finished it, and I didn't do anything with the game after I finished it. 2 years later, AC II got announced, and right when they showed the E3 demo, I got excited again. So I started a 2nd playthrough for AC I, in that plythrough I really payed attention to everything. And after AC II came out. It became one of my favorite franchises. So you could say that I was there since the start,

Markaccus
10-08-2012, 10:37 AM
Got AC as a birthday present off my brother, probably a few months after release. Didn't know anything about it, appart from the tv ads (the one with the theme from 'House' playing). Played it for about a week, got as far as having to kill the paranoid templar on the ship, and stopped playing for a bit. This 'bit turned out to be quite a while, and I only started playing it again about a month or so ago. Completed it from where I left off in a couple of hours, and have since completed ac2 and have started acb, although I'm having a rest because it all gets a bit much after a while. I think I'm suffering from the bleeding effect, because when I see a tall building I seem to be looking for a quick way to climb it :-D.

SpitfireSpud
10-08-2012, 10:40 AM
This is who introduced me into Assassins Creed.. :)

Telling us all about Altair, The Assassins, The Templars, The Crusades etc.... I was hooked lol :p

http://h9.abload.de/img/jade_raymondcjzbk.jpg

Free_Hidings
10-08-2012, 10:44 AM
Unlike most of these people, I only entered the current generation of gaming just over a year ago. Untill then I had a PS2, and knew very little of next gen games aside from GT5 and GTA4.

A few months before getting my beloved PS3, I was visiting a mate who was playing Brotherhood. I had heard of Assassin's Creed before, but this was my first time seeing it. My equivilent to the game was Tenchu Wrath of Heaven, which I love :) But I was really impressed with AC. One thing that stood out to me initially was how realistic and impactfull the kill animations were. In Tenchu the swords effortlessly slice through the body, and while the stealth kills are pretty cool in that game, AC just made it look more aggressive and the enemies seemed more substancy.

Also the fact that it was open world and you can climb things made it appealing, basically a modern gen Tenchu. A few months later I purchased my PS3 and got Brotherhood with it. Absolutely loved it, and since then have gone through and played the others and loved them all (though it did take me a little while to warm up to Revelations).

iSoTryHard
10-08-2012, 10:45 AM
this is what happened

i was trying to become friends with "the gamers" at school because i had no friends just after i got a ps3.
my birthday just came so i had 100 spare ollars so i brought ac 1 and some other ps3 games.
i got up to sequence 2 (i was such a noob) and didnt like it. Later i got ac 2 and i got addicted to it in 2010. and thats how my first love started
and when i became friends with the gamers i found out i had the wrong console and i said "Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu" (like that meme)

Markaccus
10-08-2012, 11:00 AM
this is what happened

i was trying to become friends with "the gamers" at school because i had no friends just after i got a ps3.
my birthday just came so i had 100 spare ollars so i brought ac 1 and some other ps3 games.
i got up to sequence 2 (i was such a noob) and didnt like it. Later i got ac 2 and i got addicted to it in 2010. and thats how my first love started
and when i became friends with the gamers i found out i had the wrong console and i said "Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu" (like that meme)

Just out of curiosity, why is a ps3 the 'wrong console'?

Certainly in the uk at least, the following is true: the games are cheaper than x-box and you don't have to pay to go online. I have played call off duty games on both consoles, and gameplay appears no different, and there doesn't seem to be any graphical differences.

connor_bg
10-08-2012, 11:21 AM

Certainly in the uk at least, the following is true: the games are cheaper than x-box and you don't have to pay to go online. I have played call off duty games on both consoles, and gameplay appears no different, and there doesn't seem to be any graphical differences.

Because the pc dominates it... No im joking about that. I've never played on Playstation 3 or Xbox 360 at my life so im not the one to judge the consoles. But in my opinion having AC for PS3 is far way better to have than the other platforms that the game comes with, i think you know why.... apart from the hardware are the PS3 exclusive AC dls-s, and like you said the free access to the network, since i've seen on the local online vg store that there are some xbox month access or whatever those are for sale... Also the casings for the PS3 are really original compared to xbox ones.

Sickull
10-08-2012, 11:23 AM
My brother bought the original in early 09 which was around the time I got my own PS3, so I played it and when I was finished I thought to myself great now I gotta wait another two or three years for a sequel. Later I came across that video of Patrice introducing AC2 so I went and pre-ordered it but unlike the game coming at the end of this month I actually forgot I bought it so when it showed up at my house I was like oh yeah I remember this and from that game and on I've been obsessed with this franchise.

Markaccus
10-08-2012, 11:28 AM
Because the pc dominates it... No im joking about that. I've never played on Playstation 3 or Xbox 360 at my life so im not the one to judge the consoles. But in my opinion having AC for PS3 is far way better to have than the other platforms that the game comes with, i think you know why.... apart from the hardware are the PS3 exclusive AC dls-s, and like you said the free access to the network, since i've seen on the local online vg store that there are some xbox month access or whatever those are for sale... Also the casings for the PS3 are really original compared to xbox ones.

Yep. This. I think it depends on the game developer. For example, some put a lot of time into pc gaming, others (like infinity ward with the cod games) have a link with the x-box and offer dlc earlier than for pc and ps3. Ubisoft seem to favor ps3, certainly with the AC games (thanks ubi) so I suppose it depends on what type of game you play as to which platform you favor. Appart from the wii, which may be good for party games but little else!

rob.davies2014
10-08-2012, 11:32 AM
The first time I played it was at a friend's house and, as bizarre as it seems to me now, I didn't like it! That was in 2007. Later I saw an advertisement for AC2 online and was intrigued. This was also around the time that rumours of Brotherhood had started emerging. One of my weaknesses is that if I come across something complicated which I don't understand, I become obsessed with it. I spend ages trying to discover everything I can about it. So I took a look at the AC Wiki and I've been hooked ever since. I've bought all the games, the books, I doodle the AC logo on pretty much whatever I can, I design Hidden Blades, I bought a white hoodie, I spend a ridiculous amount of time thinking about it and when I start talking about it with other people I become slightly frenzied. It's worrying...

connor_bg
10-08-2012, 11:37 AM
The first time I played it was at a friend's house and, as bizarre as it seems to me now, I didn't like it! That was in 2007. Later I saw an advertisement for AC2 online and was intrigued. This was also around the time that rumours of Brotherhood had started emerging. One of my weaknesses is that if I come across something complicated which I don't understand, I become obsessed with it. I spend ages trying to discover everything I can about it. So I took a look at the AC Wiki and I've been hooked ever since. I've bought all the games, the books, I doodle the AC logo on pretty much whatever I can, I design Hidden Blades, I bought a white hoodie, I spend a ridiculous amount of time thinking about it and when I start talking about it with other people I become slightly frenzied. It's worrying...

When you conquer the world can you spare my life and leave me a piece of canadian territory?

Free_Hidings
10-08-2012, 12:33 PM

Pretty sure by "wrong console" he means that all his new friends were on Xbox. Calm down :P

Markaccus
10-08-2012, 12:46 PM
Pretty sure by "wrong console" he means that all his new friends were on Xbox. Calm down :P

Calm? Did you imagine I was shouting at the screen and throwing stuff? ;)
Nah, was genuinely just curious, as I know peer pressure can get rediculous at times. Suppose if all his mates had xbox and he didn't, that would be annoying.

pacmanate
10-08-2012, 12:55 PM
Wow... I can't even remember properly. I think I was at my friends house and he was playing AC1 and I was like "this looks cool". Then loads of months later it was going really cheap so I decided to just gamble. Best gamble I have ever made.

andreja110s
10-08-2012, 01:17 PM
I knew about AC since it first released. I remember I thought Altair had a knife in his sleeve and it just came out of it :P At that time I was 10, so I didnīt pay much atention to that game. This May( I donīt know why) AC popped into my mind, so I told myself ˝OK, lets give it a try˝. And after that I am a huge fan of AC :o

Slayer_WTF
10-08-2012, 01:23 PM
I was sitting on the toilet, and I was reading a game magazine named OXM.

I am Slayer, and this is my story.

End.

kriegerdesgottes
10-08-2012, 02:47 PM
I remember back in 06 seeing a trailer on the side bar on IGN with a cgi shot of that hawk/eagle and I clicked on it because the graphics looked amazing and the current generation was still pretty new and I saw for the first time the AC1 trailer and I became obsessed from that day on. It was the first game I ever pre-ordered (the LE version at that) and I've pre-ordered every single one since then.

RzaRecta357
10-08-2012, 03:41 PM
E3 and Xbox videos when I first got my 360 and was amazed at the crowd pushing and stuff.

Played it, beat it. Shelved it.

Months and months later on a random thought I remember hey that game had a sick ending I wonder if any of those things were real. Did my research. Fell in love. Played it like 3 times in a row. Started coming here.

Then we started getting drip fed pictures of Leonardo designs with hidden blades and stuff. Felt like perfect timing to me.

EDIT -- I also lost my original Ubi forum account around this time. Been so long now I'm over it though.

connor_bg
10-08-2012, 04:28 PM
So how i was introduced to AC series?
It began back in 2002 when i read the book "Link" by Beiswenger.

tjbyrum1
10-08-2012, 04:34 PM
Back in 2009 I was in 10th grade, in a class with these other guys. I had never even heard of the game in my entire life, but to hear those fellows talk about it made me want it. So I went home watched tons of videos on it, and asked for an Xbox 360 + AC2 for Christmas.

Up until this point I had an original Xbox and a PS2...

But Christmas 2009... I got a used Xbox 360 and AC1... Not AC2, just AC1. Played it, beat it, loved it. About January or February 2010 I got ACII, played it, beat it loved it. That same year I bought Brotherhood brand new on release day with my birthday money (my birthday is Nov. 15, perfect for AC games). The next year (2011) I bought ACR brand new with money earned from putting floor in at my Granny's house. And now this year... AC3 here I come!

Assassin_M
10-08-2012, 04:38 PM
The Summer of 2008. Exactly May..

We just finished our Exams and me and my friends planned a whole week of stay over at my richest friend`s place. We exited school and went straight to his home. We ate, played some Football and we entered his Arcade room (I cannot begin to describe how AWESOME it was) Had A PS3, A PS2, A PS1, A few PCs, An X-box, A 360 (MA GOD)

Anyways, He started showing off his games on the PS3. He had them all neatly put on a shelf, you can see every game. One game caught my eye for a few seconds And ? you guessed it.. Assassins Creed. "Hey, mate.. I wanna see this one" He put it in the Console and we started watching him play, he already finished the game, so he showed us sequence 7. Now I wasn't particularly in Love, but I liked the setting.

So we left after that week, each returned to his home. I forgot about the game, just shrugged it off after a while. A couple of Months later and school starts again, on November of 2008, What do I find my baby brother coming home with ? Assassins Creed. "Burrowed it off a friend of mine" He said. "Sure, a new game wont hurt" I replied. I went back home, staring at the cover, "Where have I seen you before ?" Wondered I; didn't take too long to remember that Week during the summer "Assassins Creed". We put it in the console and it all came back to me. Now ? I was clutched... "How long are you burrowing it for ?" Said I...and so It began

lukaszep
10-08-2012, 04:39 PM
I'd heard about AC1 from my friends not long after it released. I thought it sounded interesting but at the time I couldn't afford it. Some time in 2008 I got the game pre-owned and loved it and played through it, but over time I forgot about it. Then I came across the AC2 E3 trailer and watched the Venice demo, which made me become a true fan of the franchise.

POP1Fan
10-08-2012, 04:41 PM
I, as a huge Prince of Persia fan, heard about this Ubisoft game that has similar platforming sections and what-not. Decided to give it a try, bought AC1, liked it, but then it started to get dusty on my shelf since I felt it wasn't the next POP. Then AC2 came out, in the Rennaissance and I heard that I will be able to interact with Leonardo (my favourite painter). I started to do some research and found out that AC had this complex story that I didn't care about the first time, so I popped AC1 back in and payed atention. Indeed, the game got a whole new dept for me. I then got AC2 and blew my mind, becoming my second favourite game ever.

ACfan443
10-08-2012, 04:47 PM
I heard about it (AC1) because everyone was talking about it in school. It was so popular, so I decided to pick it up, and I've loved it ever since. This obviously lead me on to buy the sequels.

FirestarLuva
10-08-2012, 04:50 PM
Found out about AC1 in my school magazine back in 2007. That's when I realised it was my destiny to play it! :P

iI ElitePred Ii
10-08-2012, 06:22 PM
I saw the trailers of the first game, thought it looked interesting but didn't get it. Seeing the AC2 trailer won me over so i went and played the first game before the second was released.

razaqazy
10-08-2012, 06:33 PM
Took this from another post.
I started my adventure with ACB after it was released for the PC, but I got it on the Xbox 360 anyways. Almost returned it because I couldn't get the hang of the controls when the Villa was attacked by the Borgias. Still having no clue about the modern day aspect of the story, I was intrigued by Minerva and her talking to Desmond and Ezio being bewildered. With that in mind, I forcefully learned how to play, and I absolutely love everything about it now. The story, the conspiracy, the sense of mysteries and 2012 made me wish I had gotten these games a bit earlier in life.

ThiagoRichter
10-08-2012, 06:40 PM
July 2008, I remember it clearly! It was my first game on the Xbox 360 (I had the original one before), I bought them closely together. I remember going into gamespot.com to check the best games out there, and the reviewer said it was the first game to be truly next gen back then. Also, they said the story was epic, with a huge disappointing ending that could lead to a sequel. Being an absolute sucker for games with amazing story lines and huge cliffhangers (Dreamfall, anyone?), I bought it and played each mission carefully so I wouldn't miss out on anything, so maybe the infamous ending would make some sense to me. When it was over, I was shocked, smiling and confused. So I went online, looking for theories and it was all just so awesome...
I was hooked ever since, still having nerdgasms by the end of each instalment (excluding Revelations', to be quite honest :/).

MetalCreed
10-08-2012, 06:45 PM
During 2007-2008, I heard of Assassin's Creed, and I read up on it and check it and seemed cool. I didn't have a PS3 then so I couldn't buy it. in the summer of 2009, when my brother bought a PS3, we decided to rent AC because another friend was present at that time and suggested renting it. I was fine with it since it was a game It was the only game other than MGS4 that I wanted to play. We played for a week. It was a good game then I guess, but I really became a fan during November 2009 when I got AC2 as a birthday gift and since then I've been hooked and been part of the AC fandom

hadarm18
10-08-2012, 08:32 PM
In 2008 i saw the game at the store and a friend of mine that was with me told me that this is an amazing game (AC 1)
Few weeks later i got it and i have becomed a fan of AC series

rileypoole1234
10-08-2012, 08:40 PM
I saw this trailer and thought: "hmmm. This is going to be special."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IPLTFNj0AY

InfamousQ1987
10-08-2012, 09:07 PM
I first got hook when I seen a life size cardboard image (AC1) of Altair with his Hidden Blade equiped. I just thought the Hidden Blade was just SOOOOO AWESOME!!! and his HOODED ROBE!!! Everything about Altair screamed AWESOME! When I went home and seen the trailer and gameplay... I was sold. Loved every game in the series since, and I can proudly say Assassin's Creed is my FAVORITE game series EVER!

Also
Riley that was the trailer I seen. Sooo epic!

monoman32
10-08-2012, 10:06 PM
Altair looked really cool so I gave it a shot. Got hooked.

projectpat06
10-09-2012, 07:24 AM
I saw the trailer for AC1 and thought it looked cool but didn't own a game system. Then one of my fraternity brothers back when I was a pledge got the game from his girlfriend so instead of watching whatever game was on to pregame (as in drinking) to before going downtown, we watched him and some other people play assassins creed. Of course we made a drinking game out of it so we drank every time he killed someone and took a shot on every leap of faith. Needless to say, we had a good time at the bars later on. A couple a years later when AC2 came out, I randomly got a PS3 for christmas and picked up AC2. Been stuck on it ever since.

DarkDreamer95
10-09-2012, 07:47 AM
My friend loves AC :P Well she did anyway. So she told me the story and I bought ACB as soon as I got a PS3 :) God knows my crappy PC would die if I tried to run anything on it -_- I still haven't played AC 2 though -_-"

Wreaver
10-09-2012, 12:22 PM
I picked up Revelations in a Redbox and didn't understand the story and controls and returned it in a instant swearing I would never buy another Assassin creed game.Then a few months later I played AC2 and It was easier to follow then I've been a fan ever since.:)

DeSabellis
10-09-2012, 01:49 PM
I was a freshman in college when the Massive Attack Teardrop trailer came out for AC1. I bought it when it came out, loved the dual story lines, and have been a fan ever since.

kuled2012
10-09-2012, 07:52 PM
I saw a few assassin's creed 1 gameplay videos and thought it looked great, but it took about 2 months after it came out to get it, fell in love with the series ever since!

matheus_737
10-09-2012, 08:08 PM
I remember well, my cousin saw many times videos about a game similar to POP and he showed me the E3 trailers 2007 and I became a litlle interested but I cared not. But when I get my xbox it was my second game i'd played and curiously my father wanted to play I and said; NO WAY DAD, ITS MY GAME. And i become a huge fan.

Turul.
10-09-2012, 09:03 PM
I saw the original during e3 and was like "that's going to be the next big thing"

iSoTryHard
10-09-2012, 10:10 PM

they had xbox i didnt

cmrggamer
10-10-2012, 12:17 AM
In 2007 I stumbled on the E3 trailer and thought it was beautiful. The graphics were really impressive for the time and I remember watching the Lonely Souls trailer and thinking Altair looked so graceful as he killed guards, haha. I had no idea that the story was so much deeper than what I saw on the trailer. I wasn’t old enough to buy it myself at the time so I wasn’t about to ask my parents to purchase it for me. I remember reading some reviews where people complained about the repetitiveness and after that I just didn’t think much of it.
Then, I think the next one I heard about was Brotherhood from Toby's literal trailer and I watched his Let’s Play series and thought it looked like a lot of fun. I still hadn’t gathered much information about the storyline as he talked through most of the cutscenes. Then Revelations came out and I saw his literal trailer for that too and it kind of piqued my interest even more.
One day I was walking through Target and I noticed there was an AC1 and AC2 bundle for $10 (PC) and when I mentioned it to one of my friends she said her brother had all of the games. I went over and played AC1 and fell in love with the series then. That was early January of this year. I quickly ran out and bought all of the games. I remember finishing Revelations and was disappointed that it was so short. Then, on my birthday a few days later was the AC3 reveal! :)

AltairCBM
10-10-2012, 01:39 AM
My cousin bought it, and I came over one time, (this was back in 2007, obviously it was AC1) and I fell in love. After getting my 360(which I've only had two years, I didn't use to be a gamer) that's the first series I bought every game for.

JumpInTheFire13
10-10-2012, 02:21 AM
I'm still a teen, so when AC1 came out I was basically a dumb little kid who only like racing/driving games. Then one day in 2009 or 2010, I can't remember, I randomly bought the first Uncharted. It was instantly my favourite game. I had heard about AC before so I looked it up, read part of the article on Wikipedia, and decided that the names were too complicated for me to read. But I bought it anyways for $20 and loved it. I bought AC2 after that and loved it even more, and finished it on Christmas Eve of 2010. Then I got the ACB CE the next day.

I just replayed AC1 and I realized that this game is so much better than I had originally thought. I was too young back then to really understand the conversations between Al Mualim and Altair, but now that I understand everything in the game it creates a much deeper experience.

JumpInTheFire13
10-10-2012, 02:26 AM
my friend loves ac :p well she did anyway. So she told me the story and i bought acb as soon as i got a ps3 :) god knows my crappy pc would die if i tried to run anything on it -_- i still haven't played ac 2 though -_-"
Play AC2 right now!!!

AltairCBM
10-10-2012, 02:30 AM
I saw the original during e3 and was like "that's going to be the next big thing"

I'm in love with your signature picture.

AltairCBM
10-10-2012, 02:30 AM
Play AC2 right now!!!

I agree; AC2 is easily the best in the series, and this is coming from someone who played through the first one before the second one.

AllThatJuice
10-10-2012, 02:33 AM
This video right here (not the exact video I watched) is what introduced me to Assassin's Creed. 6 years ago: So I mustve been 12 years old (18 now)...man, time flies.When I saw this demo, my mind was blown, then Altair (I didnt know his name at the time ofcourse :P) started climbing the wall, and then my mind was blown again!!..xD

So it was after watching this that I started to follow the Assassin's Creed series.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RTtTBYnvrQ

MRNMRSPACER
10-10-2012, 05:05 AM
when the game first came out i accidentally bought it thinking it was a different game (i cant remember the name of) and i fell in love with the game and now im a huge fan :)

CalgaryJay
10-10-2012, 07:31 AM
I was a bit of a late bloomer...was the summer of '10, I was at a housewarming BBQ for my cousin. Was just chatting with him & he mentioned he had been playing this game Assassin's Creed & liked it, so I rented it from Blockbuster (oh how quickly things change) & immediately loved it.

As coincidence would have it, at the same time I had been reading a non-fiction book about Christian/Muslim relations in the Mediterranean during the Dark Ages (Sea of Faith) & had just read the chapter about the Hashashashin & Masyaf (it even mentioned the "Leap of Faith" they're rumoured to have did) hours before I first played AC without even realizing thats what the game was about, I was pumped when I finally played it & realized the setting/characters in the game.

After a week I beat AC & rented AC2, which I loved even more. And now, here we are..

Locopells
10-10-2012, 09:59 AM
First saw AC1 in a supermarket somewhere, have a feeling it was a quick stop on the way home from Heathrow, having just flown in that morning. Hadn't heard anything of it, so didn't pay much further attention, plus was somewhat jet-lagged, so...

Then read a gaming magazine article about AC2, while changing trains (why always when I'm traveling). Did some research, got interested, got the AC1 Director's Cut for PC, and was hooked!

Markaccus
10-10-2012, 12:58 PM
Hope this doesn't break any site rules, but, as I refered to when I answered the OP question, and as there has been anothere reference to it, I thought I'd post a link to what I believe to be the best game advert EVER. Nothing else has come close to the atmosphere and excitement. http://o-o---preferred---sn-aigezn7k---v2---lscache2.c.youtube.com/videoplayback?app=youtube_gdata&devkey=AX8iKz393pCCMUL6wqrPOZoO88HsQjpE1a8d1GxQnGD m&el=videos&upn=fmMtEnJmkp8&uaopt=no-save&source=youtube&itag=18&id=35fb68ae0e7f21c8&ip=0.0.0.0&ipbits=0&expire=1349898446&sparams=id,itag,source,uaopt,upn,ip,ipbits,expire&signature=6588F19E40F96612516D7180BC810F27A49BA393 .4823650277D5B500A55722289CA3E81D8D682946&key=yta1&ms=au&mv=m&mt=1349869632&cms_redirect=yes

Chariflame
10-10-2012, 01:46 PM
My brother bought a PS3 just for the first game's release; there were some games I wanted to play for PS3 as well, so we went halves on it, but I didn't particularly know or care about Assassin's Creed. I remember him briefly telling me the plot was about a guy getting kidnapped and forced to relive the memory of his ancestor, and I just kind of had an image of the Matrix in my head for the longest time.

I finally gave it a go about a month before ACII's announcement. I loved it. I've bought every special edition of every game on release day and never looked back.

SleezeRocker
10-10-2012, 04:47 PM
When Assasisn's Creed came out at the time, I dind't really know about it. didn't really have home internet yet and all I had was Wii. But it was around summer of 08 when I went to friends house and he had Assassin's creed and I watched him played and seemed like the kind of game that would interest me (Action Adventure).
Then later in that summer I visited California and my cousin had it on x360 and I got to play it a bit myself and I liked it a lot.
finally in christmas of 08 I got a Ps3 and during the used game sale I picked up Assassin's Creed, Metal Gear 4 and SOul Calibur 4. Of those 3 games I played AC first since it was more 'newer' to me. (I had played MGS4 and SC4 at my friends house prior to getting a PS3) and that is how I joined the Brotherhood :P

DarkDreamer95
10-10-2012, 06:00 PM
I agree; AC2 is easily the best in the series, and this is coming from someone who played through the first one before the second one.

Play AC2 right now!!!

Yeah yeah of course I will :P