PDA

View Full Version : The revelations in Revelations... (The most spoilerific of spoilers)

GreatBeyonder
10-07-2012, 07:09 PM
I just finished the game for the third time and I still know not what the title is referring to...

Was it that Altair died miserable and alone?

Was it that Ezio quietly retired as Mentor?

Was it that we were all going to die of cosmic sunburn? (Kind of knew that already...)

I feel like I missed something here... I have heard people complain that there were no actual revelations in Revelations, but I'm hoping someone here can enlighten me.

freddie_1897
10-07-2012, 07:18 PM
the thing with the revelations ending is that no one seemed to realise that the map of the world we saw in the end which then zoomed in on america was quite an obvious suggestion at where the next game would be set

NuclearFuss
10-07-2012, 07:29 PM
I figured it was the revelation of what Desmond has to do to save the world. Also the big Lucy plot point revealed in The Lost Archive DLC.

monster_rambo
10-07-2012, 07:32 PM
No, people knew that the next game was going to be set in America. Desmond and his team arrived at New York near the entrance of the Grand Temple so we knew AC3 had to be set in America. There were no "revelation" in ACR. The ending only confirms our suspicions and knowledge that we know already. If it is anything, the DLC "Lost Archives" offered a better explaination of ACB and the lead up events more so than the game itself.

pacmanate
10-07-2012, 07:43 PM
I figured it was the revelation of what Desmond has to do to save the world. Also the big Lucy plot point revealed in The Lost Archive DLC.

The Lost Archive was the Revelation which is what pisses me off.

naran6142
10-07-2012, 07:48 PM
There werent really any revelations more like confirmations

Assassin_M
10-07-2012, 07:51 PM
This Question...

See my 6000 posts ? 2000 was arguing the answer to that question..

naran6142
10-07-2012, 07:53 PM
This Question...

See my 6000 posts ? 2000 was arguing the answer to that question..

lol

mattscat16
10-07-2012, 07:56 PM
probably just to entice interest and anticipation for their ....second spin-off. :p

Saar Ben Kiki
10-07-2012, 08:07 PM
in terms of giving us a revelations, acr disappointed but the 'message' was that all 6 temples were concentrated in new york's temple and that desmond is the key/ the one who has to work it out, another part of the revelation was showing what happened to the first civilization (even tho we knew about it)

they shouldve included lucy and more s16 texts in acr.... for a 'revelations'
otherwise, this game's name is just Assassin's Creed Coma

Assassin_M
10-07-2012, 08:08 PM
Assassin's Creed Coma
Genius

Evenesque
10-07-2012, 08:11 PM
I always figured it referred to Ezio's revelation that he was just a messenger.

lukaszep
10-07-2012, 08:13 PM
SP
1) TWCB back story confirmed/revealed e.g. Tinia/Jupiter. Everything was made clearer about the Grand Temple and the conflict.
2) Altair was in his early twenties at the end of AC1, we got to see important parts of the rest of his life.
3) Ezio retires as an Assassin. We learn about the later years of his life and how his retirement comes about.
4) Desmond awakes from his coma with answers, setting up the modern day story line, as well as confirming William being his father (for those who didn't already know)
5) More learnt about The Farm, e.g. William training both Desmond and Lucy, but at separate times or places.
6) Lucy is confirmed to be dead (for those who still theorized she might not be dead yet)
7) Subject 16 is finally revealed, after two games of his clues and cryptic messages we learn his name and the truth behind his messages (and in DLC his past)
7 ) We learnt more about Desmond's time in New York (not that exciting but revelations all the same)

MP
1) We learn more solid details about Abstergo's satellite ("Eye") plans.
2) We learn Daniel Cross has an active position in the company (and not just a psycho in a chair)
3) We meet some of the Abstergo higher ups.
4) More details on other subjects (including the pregnant Subject 4)

And I'm sure I'm missing a few things.....

Assassin_M
10-07-2012, 08:15 PM
I always figured it referred to Ezio's revelation that he was just a messenger.
I almost always know the reply to this..

SP
1) TWCB back story confirmed/revealed e.g. Tinia/Jupiter. Everything was made clearer about the Grand Temple and the conflict.
2) Altair was in his early twenties at the end of AC1, we got to see important parts of the rest of his life.
3) Ezio retires as an Assassin. We learn about the later years of his life and how his retirement comes about.
4) Desmond awakes from his comba with answers, setting up the modern day story line, as well as confirming William being his father (for those who didn't already know)
5) More learnt about The Farm, e.g. William training both Desmond and Lucy, but at separate times or places.
6) Lucy is confirmed to be dead (for those who still theorized she might not be dead yet)
7) Subject 16 is finally revealed, after two games of his clues and cryptic messages we learn his name (and in DLC his past)
7 ) We learnt more about Desmond's time in New York (not that exciting but revelations all the same)

MP
2) We learn Daniel Cross has an active position in the company (and not just a psycho in a chair)

Someone will say "Those are not considered Revelations" xD

Evenesque
10-07-2012, 08:17 PM

ok............?

Assassin_M
10-07-2012, 08:18 PM
ok............?
No one forced you to reply back, right ?

You could`v just ignored it..

joeh93
10-07-2012, 08:21 PM
Tbh the main revelation was that Lucy was a Templar; since that was only in the DLC, the AC podcast with the writer of the Lost Archive was interesting, as he basically said that they ****ed the story up. The Lucy revelation was supposed to be in the main storyline but since, as we all know, they rushed the game and it was balls, they had to move it to the DLC, which is stupid.

zhengyingli
10-07-2012, 08:23 PM

They're revelations for sure. Whether I like them or not, that's another argument. The Altair parts were good, I thought.

hadarm18
10-07-2012, 08:28 PM
There werent really any revelations more like confirmations

heh exactly

naran6142
10-07-2012, 08:53 PM
SP
4) Desmond awakes from his coma with answers, setting up the modern day story line, as well as confirming William being his father (for those who didn't already know)
7) Subject 16 is finally revealed, after two games of his clues and cryptic messages we learn his name and the truth behind his messages (and in DLC his past)

MP

Point 7 was my biggest problem with ACR... 16 is right in front of desmond and he doesnt bother to ask 16 any questions about what is going on

IceHot100
10-07-2012, 08:57 PM

"someone" just did :D

lukaszep
10-07-2012, 09:08 PM
Maybe they should have called it Assassin's Creed: Minor Plot Developments. Then there wouldn't be on going debates for a year after Its release, despite the fact that there are clearly, many revelations within the game.

Sick_one12
10-08-2012, 12:47 AM
Point 7 was my biggest problem with ACR... 16 is right in front of desmond and he doesnt bother to ask 16 any questions about what is going on

100% This

That was so ****ing stupid!!!After all those cryptic messages especially the one in ACB,"they" didnt even make Desmond bother asking 16 anything about that:mad:That made Desmond look really stupid:(He finally meets Clay and doesnt even take his first and only chance to get answers....I dont know if Clay had them because he was just a "left-over program" of his true self in the blackroom...so its differcult to say if he knew about the stuff his true self did:panyway....I would have asked the **** out of 16 if I was Desmond;)oh well....

Evenesque
10-08-2012, 02:02 AM
No one forced you to reply back, right ?

You could`v just ignored it..

So confused

infamous_ezio
10-08-2012, 05:11 AM
The big revelation was the lucy plot which was shown in TLA DLC.. they didn't put it in the game, originally the 7 gates on animus island were suppose to be clays memories, so desmond was suppose to view clays memories, but instead (as stated by jeff yohalem in an interview), we were given desmonds memories.. i suppose they wanted to develop desmond's character seeing as he's going to have a big role in AC3. IMO ACR was a complete failure in terms of story telling...

YuurHeen
10-08-2012, 05:29 AM
yes because the title of the game always is just about desmonds story. (Yes that was sarcasm)

Assassin_M
10-08-2012, 05:30 AM
yes because the title of the game always is about desmonds story.
"Brotherhood"

Yeah right..

EDIT: Damm it -__-

AdrianJacek
10-08-2012, 06:38 AM
No, people knew that the next game was going to be set in America. Desmond and his team arrived at New York near the entrance of the Grand Temple so we knew AC3 had to be set in America. There were no "revelation" in ACR. The ending only confirms our suspicions and knowledge that we know already. If it is anything, the DLC "Lost Archives" offered a better explaination of ACB and the lead up events more so than the game itself.
They arrived in America IN Revelations. So that counts.
Btw, other things we learned:
Altair lied, at least partially, in the Codex to hide the apple.
Where those coordinates from DaVinci DLC actually lead - what's the target
How Maria died.
Who were Altair's sons
Which child of both Altair and Ezio is Desmond's ancestor
Who was Ezio's wife
Confirmation that there were 2 apples shown which un-retcons AC2 and ACB
Why were the Assassins scattered around the world after the Altair times
We learn about a brand new artiffact - Memory seals
Where is Altair's tomb
Why was Minerva's message so short and cryptic and nobody besides Desmond's heard Juno
What happened to Masyaf hundreds of years after AC1
What has later happened to Abbas and why he was so b*tchy in AC1
What exacly the Polo brothers received from Altair
We learn about the Byzantine faction of Templars

Calvarok
10-08-2012, 07:18 AM
I think the reason that Desmond doesn't ask 16 questions has to do with the game being changed mid-development to not include the subject 16 puzzles and instead do Desmond puzzles. Desmond was supposed to learn about 16 through those, and I guess they didn't adjust the writing to account for it. Not the writers' fault. : /

The Revelations DLC was certainly illuminating though, and very atmospheric and brain-teasing. I quite enjoyed it.

BeCk41
10-08-2012, 07:28 AM
Well you have to define Revelation first: Revelation meaning something previously hidden that is now unveiled.

At the end of the game the truth is revealed to Ezio and discloses the information provided to him. It is the end for Ezio as his story is now over, accomplishing and bringing to light everything while protecting his secrets along the way.

It's kind of sad now that you think of it, but Ezio's story had to end sometime to make way for a new game.