PDA

View Full Version : EB games expo gameplay [Spoilers]

Legendz54
10-06-2012, 12:48 AM
In this video you will see,Tree running in wilderness, Bear attack and Boston fort gameplay
sorry for the random sound effects, had some troubles while uploading.

http://youtu.be/8VGPEJbu40A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfqI6zN4oYQ

rileypoole1234
10-06-2012, 12:59 AM
Well I can't really see much, but the bear fight looked and sounded pretty cool to me.

Legendz54
10-06-2012, 01:01 AM
I might take it down and upload in beter quality

EDIT: Apologies guys this is the best quality i can do

imonthenet
10-06-2012, 02:14 AM
That was pretty cool, if you could it in better quality though it would be better but it was awesome when Connor rope darted that guy!

Evenesque
10-06-2012, 02:45 AM
eb games still exists?

Legendz54
10-06-2012, 03:36 AM
By the looks of it bears are going to be pretty hard, it almost killed him, 1 arrow and 3 stabs to kill it :0

Evenesque
10-06-2012, 03:38 AM
By the looks of it bears are going to be pretty hard, it almost killed him, 1 arrow and 3 stabs to kill it :0

I think the bushes in that fight are what almost killed him. Despite the fact that the QTE icons flash over it, he still couldn't see for balls.

Legendz54
10-06-2012, 03:41 AM
I think the bushes in that fight are what almost killed him. Despite the fact that the QTE icons flash over it, he still couldn't see for balls.

Yea , If were him i would have went out of the bushes so the audience could see better, but hey.. at least we saw the first full bear fight on the internet.

Evenesque
10-06-2012, 03:45 AM
Yea , If were him i would have went out of the bushes so the audience could see better, but hey.. at least we saw the first full bear fight on the internet.

Unfortunately, I think the wildlife QTE's lock you in place.

I wish they'd just given us a way to fight them that wasn't that restrictive. I hate QTE's because in the end, even if you take away what's happening on the screen and just leave the visual prompts, you can win. You shouldn't be able to win a fight against a charging bear when you can't even see it. That's what made the wildlife in RDR so much fun. You had to pay attention or you died.

Legendz54
10-06-2012, 03:51 AM
Unfortunately, I think the wildlife QTE's lock you in place.

I wish they'd just given us a way to fight them that wasn't that restrictive. I hate QTE's because in the end, even if you take away what's happening on the screen and just leave the visual prompts, you can win. You shouldn't be able to win a fight against a charging bear when you can't even see it. That's what made the wildlife in RDR so much fun. You had to pay attention or you died.

Yea im wondering what happened in the frontier demo?? it looked better with the wolves, why didn't they just go with that in the full game. Atleast the animals have better interactions to their environment than the RDR animals.

Evenesque
10-06-2012, 03:52 AM
Yea im wondering what happened in the frontier demo?? it looked better with the wolves, why didn't they just go with that in the full game. Atleast the animals have better interactions to their environment than the RDR animals.

The wolves had almost the exact same QTE so not sure what you're getting at. Every wolf he killed was the direct result of a correctly timed visual button prompt.

Legendz54
10-06-2012, 03:54 AM
The wolves had almost the exact same QTE so not sure what you're getting at. Every wolf he killed was the direct result of a correctly timed visual button prompt.

The camera didn't go so close to Connor in the frontier demo when the wolves attacked him, and im pretty sure we could till move around while the wolves were circling him.

Evenesque
10-06-2012, 04:06 AM
The camera didn't go so close to Connor in the frontier demo when the wolves attacked him, and im pretty sure we could till move around while the wolves were circling him.

Sort of I guess. He would kill a wolf and then wait for another one to jump him from the circle. That's when gameplay resumed normal control, but that bear seemed to lock him in the bushes. I'm pretty sure he would've moved the camera out of the bushes if he could. I think everyone would at least try...

NewBlade200
10-06-2012, 05:07 AM
Is there a better quality version of this? Will they release an official video of it or something?

twenty_glyphs
10-06-2012, 05:53 AM
Thanks for posting the video. The forts look cool, and I'm glad they still have a similar feel to the Borgia towers. Those were always one of my favorite side missions in the series.

Moultonborough
10-06-2012, 07:04 AM
It does look cool. But,(not trying to be a Mod) but since the spoiler rule is now in effect, I would edit the title and add [SPOILERS] to it.

pacmanate
10-06-2012, 10:19 AM
They neeed to stop showing PC footage now :|

Krayus Korianis
10-06-2012, 10:29 AM
What's with all the bird chirps? o_O It chirped when he killed a guy, wtf was that about?

Assassin_M
10-06-2012, 10:30 AM
What's with all the bird chirps? o_O It chirped when he killed a guy, wtf was that about?
That was not from the Game.. it was his Phone

MT4K
10-06-2012, 10:54 AM
It does look cool. But,(not trying to be a Mod) but since the spoiler rule is now in effect, I would edit the title and add [SPOILERS] to it.

I've edited the title just to be on the safe side ;).

pacmanate
10-06-2012, 12:48 PM
Your phone can chirp!?

Anyway... I wonder if they will release any of this stuff before release, like Fort Wally or this Frontier stuff. I am not that bothered but I am just wondering.

Legendz54
10-06-2012, 12:53 PM
Your phone can chirp!?

Anyway... I wonder if they will release any of this stuff before release, like Fort Wally or this Frontier stuff. I am not that bothered but I am just wondering.

I dont think they will release this stuff, i think it was only exclusive to the Eb expo, I know the vid wasn't the best quality but was it viewable on your screen?

And yea... My phone has a mind of its own, it got excited when it saw AC3 and started chirping.

pacmanate
10-06-2012, 12:56 PM
I dont think they will release this stuff, i think it was only exclusive to the Eb expo, I know the vid wasn't the best quality but was it viewable on your screen?

And yea... My phone has a mind of its own, it got excited when it saw AC3 and started chirping.

Yeah man, was good to see actually. Was funny when you turned the phone round though, I had to rotate my laptop so I didn't have to twist my head :P

Judging from that video, the Frontier looks more organic that I first thought with a lot of leaves and stuff and not naked branches. The only thing I don't like about AC3 so far is the QT events :| It just ruins it. It also basically means if a bear attacks you, you cant climb a tree to get away from it.

Mrnilsman
10-06-2012, 01:06 PM
There is another recording which has much better quality.

Legendz54
10-06-2012, 01:07 PM
Yeah man, was good to see actually. Was funny when you turned the phone round though, I had to rotate my laptop so I didn't have to twist my head :P

Judging from that video, the Frontier looks more organic that I first thought with a lot of leaves and stuff and not naked branches. The only thing I don't like about AC3 so far is the QT events :| It just ruins it. It also basically means if a bear attacks you, you cant climb a tree to get away from it.

Lol yea, i kinda screwed up with the angles, I realised that I screwed it up when i uploaded it. Yea QTE isn't the most popular method to use, I hope they still have a dodge button like the wolves in the frontier demo, I was surprised how powerful the bear was, 1 arrow and 3 stabs. Although the only way i could think of escaping a bear is to either shoot it with a bow or rifle from a high tree, or quickly climb up a close by tree when it charges at you.

Legendz54
10-06-2012, 01:08 PM
There is another recording which has much better quality.

Ah cool, he was sitting much closer than me, looks good.

Mrnilsman
10-06-2012, 01:18 PM
For being a developer he is not playing very well :D

Assassin_M
10-06-2012, 01:19 PM
For being a developer he is not playing very well :D
Was just gonna say that xD

Legendz54
10-06-2012, 01:20 PM
So you dont load the link, credit to mrnilsman for posting
This one has some extended boston fort gameplay, fort wolcott and naval

Mrnilsman
10-06-2012, 01:27 PM

you are welcome ;) credit to you for loading the link. i dont knew how to do that :D

Legendz54
10-06-2012, 01:31 PM
I have to say when i was there it was loud, the naval looks boring on a computer screen, but when i was there i felt the vibrations of the shots, the breaking of the ships and the screams, it all felt so real and it was a great experience.

pacmanate
10-06-2012, 01:35 PM
This one has some extended boston fort gameplay, fort wolcott and naval

Okay THIS is irritating. He gets shot twice, and like an 8th of his health goes. He is practically invicible. AND his health does regenerate in combat what kind of lie was that.

Legendz54
10-06-2012, 01:41 PM
Okay THIS is irritating. He gets shot twice, and like an 8th of his health goes. He is practically invicible. AND his health does regenerate in combat what kind of lie was that.

Maybe its been adjusted so he doesn't die and embarrass himself infront of a thousand people.

Mrnilsman
10-06-2012, 01:42 PM
Maybe its been adjusted so he doesn't die and embarrass himself infront of a thousand people.

I was about to say exactly the same.
But he still managed to embarass himself a bit xD

pacmanate
10-06-2012, 01:43 PM
I was about to say exactly the same.
But he still managed to embarass himself a bit xD

If that is the case why not just have it blocked in full like in the past.

Azurefeatherfly
10-06-2012, 02:43 PM
The combat in that video felt very clumsy, incredibly slow like everyone was on slow motion. These guards need to force Connor to be in constant motion. When fighting groups of people, the scariest thing is to be surrounded and being in motion is the key to survival.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsN9cfEDjD0

The pacing above is what close quarter combat should be aiming for. Obviously Connor is not superhuman like Batman, but constantly moving and using hit and run tactics is most appealing against groups of enemies.

pacmanate
10-06-2012, 03:33 PM
The combat in that video felt very clumsy, incredibly slow like everyone was on slow motion. These guards need to force Connor to be in constant motion. When fighting groups of people, the scariest thing is to be surrounded and being in motion is the key to survival.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsN9cfEDjD0

The pacing above is what close quarter combat should be aiming for. Obviously Connor is not superhuman like Batman, but constantly moving and using hit and run tactics is most appealing against groups of enemies.

Batman isn't superhuman he is just a guy in a suit.

Azurefeatherfly
10-06-2012, 03:40 PM
Batman isn't superhuman he is just a guy in a suit.

I have always interpreted Batman as Superhuman. I would say Altair, Ezio and Connor are all peak human.

pacmanate
10-06-2012, 04:00 PM
I have always interpreted Batman as Superhuman. I would say Altair, Ezio and Connor are all peak human.

Why? All he does is weight train and know some crazy martial arts. Knowing martial arts and weight training doesn't make you super human. If it does, I am a super human.

Azurefeatherfly
10-06-2012, 04:17 PM
Why? All he does is weight train and know some crazy martial arts. Knowing martial arts and weight training doesn't make you super human. If it does, I am a super human.

Why are you so eager to press this issue? We can have different interpretations of the idea of Superhuman.

We should stay on topic considering the number of threads in this forum that stray off the main topic.

Evenesque
10-06-2012, 06:34 PM
I like how the axeman grabbed a musket and was still a challenge with it.

As far as the damage to Connor's health and whatnot, I wouldn't put it past Ubi to tweak the demo because that guy that was playing was obviously not the best at combat. He was ok at navigation, but it looked like he'd just picked up the game for the first time when it came to combat. They probably made it easier for him so he didn't die and stagnate the whole demo. I've never seen a demo where the demo player dies.

Also, the combat is a direct result of this. The Arkham City video isn't comparably at all. Why? Look at the number of people he's fighting compared to the maximum number of people that guy fought in the AC3 video. Maximum it was 4. Batman's got like 8 guys on him. Also, 2 different people, 2 different situtions. Maybe Beardman gets really nervous in front of crowds, which is why we've not seen him play in front of them until now.

Hutchinson has stated multiple times that in order to make combat look good and flow well you have to be good at it. That dude was not good at it, so clunky combat and response attacks make plenty of sense. Personally, I'm not going to get bent out of shape about it right now because I'm pretty adept at the Arkham style of fighting.

White24Room
10-06-2012, 10:02 PM
Why aren't there any textures on the boat ?
It's too bad the fortress attack in Boston is too short

Ielgon
10-06-2012, 10:23 PM
One thing I noticed: The game loads the new sequences super fast, is this just because they have got them ready and loaded on different consoles so they can instantly start playing the next or is this on one console?

I remember a while ago where someone died during the Fort Wolcott gameplay and the game nearly instantly put him back at the checkpoint (maybe two seconds of loading).

If this is actually how fast the game can load entirely new scenes then Anvil Next is unbelievable.

pacmanate
10-06-2012, 10:30 PM
One thing I noticed: The game loads the new sequences super fast, is this just because they have got them ready and loaded on different consoles so they can instantly start playing the next or is this on one console?

I remember a while ago where someone died during the Fort Wolcott gameplay and the game nearly instantly put him back at the checkpoint (maybe two seconds of loading).

If this is actually how fast the game can load entirely new scenes then Anvil Next is unbelievable.

Probably demo purposes.

Ielgon
10-06-2012, 10:37 PM
Probably demo purposes.

So different consoles then? Because you can't make a console load things faster for demo purposes. The Fort Wolcott loading times for some reason make me want to believe they're actually that fast (although maybe that's just in missions, it can probably easily quickly put you back at the last checkpoint without having to load a new map).

pacmanate
10-06-2012, 10:55 PM
So different consoles then? Because you can't make a console load things faster for demo purposes. The Fort Wolcott loading times for some reason make me want to believe they're actually that fast (although maybe that's just in missions, it can probably easily quickly put you back at the last checkpoint without having to load a new map).

I dunno I swear the dev went to the back and grabbed something... count be a different controller?

Evenesque
10-07-2012, 01:40 AM
I dunno I swear the dev went to the back and grabbed something... count be a different controller?

He went back each time the map changed. I'm thinking he was using a gamepad on a PC, and he went back to click on something when the maps changed.

pacmanate
10-07-2012, 10:51 AM
He went back each time the map changed. I'm thinking he was using a gamepad on a PC, and he went back to click on something when the maps changed.

Explains why I think I saw a mouse cursor at points then..

Locopells
10-07-2012, 05:41 PM

Make me wonder how much they actually use the consoles for the demos...

I've never seen a demo where the demo player dies.

Bizarre thing, but that DID actually happen with the very first AC1 E3 demo - they accidentally died and gave away the modern day storyline...

pacmanate
10-07-2012, 07:25 PM

Bizarre thing, but that DID actually happen with the very first AC1 E3 demo - they accidentally died and gave away the modern day storyline...

I remember seeing that on youtube! It was funny! Then again no one actually knew it was something modern day, all they saw was a glitchy thingy.

Ielgon
10-07-2012, 08:19 PM

I think all if not most of it is console gameplay (with the switching being between channels/console feeds). If you look at some of the first look gameplay you will see that the game actually looks amazing on consoles (atleast on PS3 since that is what it was being played on). What a lot of people previously assumed to be edited or PC footage is actually just real console footage.