PDA

View Full Version : XBOX Combat Controls

The8bitAsian
10-05-2012, 08:24 PM
Can someone give me a more detailed summary of what the combat controls are and how to use them. I know they explained it in the Making of Series, but I found myself a little confused.

pacmanate
10-05-2012, 08:30 PM
Right trigger is run and climb
Counter is B - After countering you can attack, disarm, use tool or throw
X is Attack

Layytez
10-05-2012, 08:45 PM
What extent does LT work to ? Does't only cover running, climbing, and jumping short distances ?

Calvarok
10-05-2012, 09:27 PM
RT works for running, not climbing, not jumping, but it also lets you vault over and slide under things.

Holding RT and A allows you to climb up things and jump off of things.

pacmanate
10-05-2012, 10:37 PM
RT works for running, not climbing, not jumping, but it also lets you vault over and slide under things.

Holding RT and A allows you to climb up things and jump off of things.

Really? I thought RT was run and climb to remove the claw function?

The8bitAsian
10-05-2012, 11:15 PM
Right trigger is run and climb
Counter is B - After countering you can attack, disarm, use tool or throw
X is Attack

So after the counter, A, X, and Y would attack, disarm, use tool or throw? And I'm guessing RT is to escape from the battle?

pacmanate
10-05-2012, 11:19 PM
So after the counter, A, X, and Y would attack, disarm, use tool or throw? And I'm guessing RT is to run

Yeah, after countering it goes slow mo for a short time to decide what you want to do.

A will be disarm most likely/a kick or something
X will be attack like normal
B will be throw
Y will be tool

Mrnilsman
10-05-2012, 11:21 PM
Really? I thought RT was run and climb to remove the claw function?

yeah, i also thought it would be like that

Rogue Agent 035
10-06-2012, 12:13 AM
The one good thing about this new control scheme fer a one-armed southpaw gamer as myself, Is that it appears that the sceme is geared toward right handed gamer, but since a majority of the combat face buttons are so close together on the 360, it will make it much easier an quicker to develop the muscle memory to become more fluid as opposed to the previous setup of 2,ACB, an ACR though they weren't too tough just took a bit of time.

Mrnilsman
10-06-2012, 12:18 AM
I also really like that i can now easily move the camera while free running. i can remember how i had to put my hands in some not very comfortable positions to do that in the previous games :D