PDA

View Full Version : AC:R Ending [ SERIES SPOILERS]

Moultonborough
10-05-2012, 08:53 AM
Ever since AC:R has come out something has bothered me. In AC the Templars see the map because they are watching and taping his sessions. Which makes sense. At the end of AC2 the same thing occurs with them seeing and hearing Minerva. Which again makes since. With Lucy leaving a copy for the Templars. However, Minerva never mentions a thing about the "Grand Temple".

Fast forward to the end of AC:B, once in the Vault/Temple only Desmond can hear Juno since nothing is being recorded. This is where I have the issue. In the DLC Ezio finds the coordinates of something. But again not what it actually is there.Now, at the start of AC:R Rebecca says they cannot record anything because of how it's only able to keep Desmond alive. So when Desmond meets and Jupiter tells him about the "Grand Temple" and wakes up and they are right outside of it. Knowing it is the temple. But, how did they know what it was when they A) Just had coordinates and B) Did not have any type of knowledge about how important it was.

From the conversations in the Black Room they know it is very important if not able to know that Desmond could open it? It's just weird they know everything about how important if no one could get access. Sorry if that is really confusing to understand, I tried to explain it the best I could. Thanks for reading.

ProletariatPleb
10-05-2012, 09:02 AM
Ooooh, nice question, I never realized this, possible plot hole?
They did have the co-ords tho so maybe they just went there, I don't remember them mentioning "Grand Temple" anywhere.

dex3108BL
10-05-2012, 09:13 AM
As far as i know Da Vinci DLC is happening before ACB ending. So Desmond probably told them coordinates.

Moultonborough
10-05-2012, 09:18 AM
As far as i know Da Vinci DLC is happening before ACB ending. So Desmond probably told them coordinates.

Even if he did, he only finds out it is the single place where the tested all possibilities to save the world while he's in the coma. Yet, they show up knowing that is the very temple out of all that can help them without any info?

GreatBeyonder
10-05-2012, 09:25 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if William already knew about the Grand Temple, being the current leader of the Brotherhood. The Templars knew about it 500 years ago, I don't see how either group would simply forget about the Temple. They simply did not know where it was.

dex3108BL
10-05-2012, 09:26 AM
Well Shaun studied all data that they had. Also we don't know for sure if Temple is on that location.

GreatBeyonder
10-05-2012, 09:39 AM
What I'm more curious about is why they thought Altair might know about it, when he never even mentions it. I kind of think they were sort of grasping at straws when they went looking for the Temple, although if they had found that Apple, they probably would have discovered the Temple's location anyway.

maxerx180
10-05-2012, 10:26 AM
Desmond did not fall in to a coma after the end of Brotherhood he was just unconscious. They had him relive the events of the "Da'vinci Disappearance" where they got they got the coordinates to the Grand Temple. Only after that did Desmond fall into a coma.

Layytez
10-05-2012, 10:35 AM
I don't know why they left a key piece of story information to be told in a dlc. Same thing with The Lost Archive. Although if they explain how they got the coordinates and what happened with Lucy in AC3 it shouldn't matter.

Moultonborough
10-05-2012, 11:06 AM
Desmond did not fall in to a coma after the end of Brotherhood he was just unconscious. They had him relive the events of the "Da'vinci Disappearance" where they got they got the coordinates to the Grand Temple. Only after that did Desmond fall into a coma.

Yes, but they did not know how extremely important it is. But William in AC:R already knows without any concrete info? Just doesn't make sense. Just that it leads to another temple. The wouldn't know until Desmond woke up not being already there with no idea what to do. Without being able to record, which they weren't able to.

DeSabellis
10-05-2012, 01:23 PM
Here is a possible explanation- Rebecca was instructed to give William the letter should he access the Da Vinci memories before the end of the game. What probably happened was that since we didn't see any communication on Rebecca's emails anyway, she was securely sending him information from Desmond's sessions (possibly in AC2 as well).

William was looking for that piece of information, as stated in the letter Desmond receives if he accesses the memory before falling into the coma- he probably had a hunch. Since the coordinates were found in a Vault, I assume that the he guessed they would lead to another Vault, rather than something trivial like a Dairy Queen. William after all was the researcher of the bunch and is also 64, so he's been around long enough to know more than anyone else. He stated in ACR that he didn't know what they would find, but I guess he knew that they were at the very least going to the main temple.

Calvarok
10-05-2012, 04:33 PM
The found out about it another way. As said, the Templars knew about it even without Desmond.

infamous_ezio
10-05-2012, 07:30 PM
they already knew about the temples, at the end of ACB one of the crew says "ask it where the temples are"... so the crew are aware, the co ordinates in da vinci dissapearance gave the location away... it was obviously something important..

GreatBeyonder
10-06-2012, 12:03 AM
The Templars and Assassins knew about the Temples for hundreds, probably thousands of years. They knew about the vaults due to Altair's codex, which both groups had possessed at some point, and they had access to multiple POEs throughout history. Its not illogical to assume other vaults had been accessed in other parts of the world. The only difference now is that they didn't matter until Desmond discovered the world would end soon and genuinely needed to locate the Grand Temple.