PDA

View Full Version : The Great Cyrprus Apple switcharoo (Big Spoilers)

GreatBeyonder
10-04-2012, 05:46 AM
ACI: Altair finds Apple. Altair hands Apple to Al Mualim. Altair kills Al-Mualim and takes Apple.

ACBloodlines: Altair remains in possession of Apple throughout game. Travels to Cyprus to loot Templar archive, but Templars have already emptied Archive and moved good stuff to secret location. Assassins claim Cyprus.

ACII: Altair writes in Codex that he will send Apple to Cyprus. Templars find Codex and send expedition to Cyprus to locate Apple. Find Apple and bring it to Venezia. Ezio snatches Apple. Ezio loses Apple to Savonarola. Cue the Bonfire of the Vanities. Ezio (or Machiavelli) slashes Savonarola in hand. Savonarola drops Apple. Borgia goon grabs Apple and tries to run away. Ezio runs faster. Ezio goes to Rome with Apple to kill the Pope. Staff beats Apple. Pope takes Apple and goes to meet God. Ezio beats up Pope and takes Apple. Ezio is confused by the ending, so just goes home without killig Pope.

ACBrotherhood: Gives Apple to uncle. Pope Jr. kills uncle and takes Apple to Rome. Pope Jr. gives Apple to Leo. Rodrigo takes Apple from Leo and hides it. Pope Jr. kills Pope Sr. and tries to get back the Apple. Ezio beats him to Apple. Ezio gives epilepsy to half of Rome before hiding it beneath Colosseum. Desmond and Co. go to Colosseum and find said Apple. Desmond is possessed and murders Lucy.

ACRevelations: Ezio goes to Masyaf for innerpeace. Finds impenetrable wal which has been sealed for 200 years. Finds all five keys. Behind impenetrable wall is... the Apple.

:( I don't get it. Was there a second Apple somehow hidden at Cyrprus the entire time which Altair unwittingly lead the Templars to find? I am so confused!!

Assassin_M
10-04-2012, 05:48 AM
ACI: Altair finds Apple. Altair hands Apple to Al Mualim. Altair kills Al-Mualim and takes Apple.

ACBloodlines: Altair remains in possession of Apple throughout game. Travels to Cyprus to loot Templar archive, but Templars have already emptied Archive and moved good stuff to secret location. Assassins claim Cyprus.

ACII: Altair writes in Codex that he will send Apple to Cyprus. Templars find Codex and send expedition to Cyprus to locate Apple. Find Apple and bring it to Venezia. Ezio snatches Apple. Ezio loses Apple to Savonarola. Cue the Bonfire of the Vanities. Ezio (or Machiavelli) slashes Savonarola in hand. Savonarola drops Apple. Borgia goon grabs Apple and tries to run away. Ezio runs faster. Ezio goes to Rome with Apple to kill the Pope. Staff beats Apple. Pope takes Apple and goes to meet God. Ezio beats up Pope and takes Apple. Ezio is confused by the ending, so just goes home without killig Pope.

ACBrotherhood: Gives Apple to uncle. Pope Jr. kills uncle and takes Apple to Rome. Pope Jr. gives Apple to Leo. Rodrigo takes Apple from Leo and hides it. Pope Jr. kills Pope Sr. and tries to get back the Apple. Ezio beats him to Apple. Ezio gives epilepsy to half of Rome before hiding it beneath Colosseum. Desmond and Co. go to Colosseum and find said Apple. Desmond is possessed and murders Lucy.

ACRevelations: Ezio goes to Masyaf for innerpeace. Finds impenetrable wal which has been sealed for 200 years. Finds all five keys. Behind impenetrable wall is... the Apple.

:( I don't get it. Was there a second Apple somehow hidden at Cyrprus the entire time which Altair unwittingly lead the Templars to find? I am so confused!!
There was 2 Apples..

Altair never sent his Apple to Cyprus, although he planned to like you mentioned, but Some where down the line, the templars reclaimed Cyprus and probably hid another Apple there, which is Ezio`s..

So Apple #2 is Altair`s currently destroyed.
Apple #6 is Ezio`s, currently in possession of the Assassins

NewBlade200
10-04-2012, 05:52 AM
There just happened to be an apple in Cyprus. Turns out Altair accidentaly led the Templars to one of the few Apples in the whole god**** world, which is pretty impressive when you consider that Alty had no clue about it and had written that he was taking one to Cyprus to keep the Temps from finding one. Which would only work if the codex fell into the wrong hands. The codex that holds the secret to the order's many advanced weapons and has a map straight to the Vault

Calvarok
10-04-2012, 06:01 AM
Actually there was probably no apple in cyprus during Altair's time. And it's unclear as to how an apple ended up in Cyprus in the first place. It could have been dropped off for the AC2 templars to pick up, and not actually been stored there. We don't know what happened.

GreatBeyonder
10-04-2012, 06:12 AM
Actually there was probably no apple in cyprus during Altair's time. And it's unclear as to how an apple ended up in Cyprus in the first place. It could have been dropped off for the AC2 templars to pick up, and not actually been stored there. We don't know what happened.

This explanation actually makes way more sense. Cyprus is nowhere near Italy, so I doubt the Italian Templars would have stored their stuff there and they had the Codex for at least a hundred years. It would make more sense as a meeting point between Tempars.

NOLA_Assassin
10-04-2012, 07:07 AM
At the end of AC:R, Altair says "tell them I sent to Cyprus, or that I threw into the sea." So it might just be a coincidence.

Assassin_M
10-04-2012, 07:12 AM
At the end of AC:R, Altair says "tell them I sent to Cyprus, or that I threw into the sea." So it might just be a coincidence.
There are various possibilities..

1- Coincidence..
2- The Templars already stored one there long after Altair`s death seeing as they retook their archive on Cyprus..
3- Cyprus may just have been a pick up point like Calvarok said..

GreatBeyonder
10-04-2012, 11:09 AM
I'm kind of curious why Lucy and Desmond would NOT assume its the same Apple, especially when they already had a (admittedly-out-of-date) POE map to work with. I would have liked to hear the bit where they explain WHY they don't think it was the same Apple from before. It just seems a very contrived gap in logic for a series that usually traces its steps.

NOLA_Assassin
10-04-2012, 02:29 PM
I'm kind of curious why Lucy and Desmond would NOT assume its the same Apple, especially when they already had a (admittedly-out-of-date) POE map to work with. I would have liked to hear the bit where they explain WHY they don't think it was the same Apple from before. It just seems a very contrived gap in logic for a series that usually traces its steps.

Cuz in the first game, Lucy said that the Masyaf apple was destroyed.

Will_Lucky
10-04-2012, 03:26 PM
What about the possibility that Altairs apple told him to put down Cyprus, and spread the word as it were that he hidden it in Cyprus so that by AC2 Templars happen to come across a Apple which is necessary for future events to unfold.

GreatBeyonder
10-05-2012, 02:59 AM
Hence my question. Why would they NOT assume its the same apple that was destroyed?

LoyalACFan
10-06-2012, 06:06 AM
This was all answered in that crappy tie-in game, AC Recollection.

Anyway, directly from the AC wiki:

"Sometime during 1444, Mehmed II used the Apple to conquer the city of Constantinople and bring the Byzantine Empire to its demise. Many years later, Mehmed's son Cem learned of this, and after he had failed to secure the throne of the Ottoman Empire after his father's death in 1481, he took the Apple for himself and looked to it for aid. The Apple, however, did not listen to Cem, nor would it "speak" to him.
Because of this, Cem decided that the Apple should be passed on to the Templars in the West, to men who had done more research into the Apple's power. However, Cem was fearful that the Borgia would shun him when accepting the Apple, and decided to hide it, until he could establish the Borgia's trust.

Before going to Rhodes to meet with the Templars, Cem hid the Apple in the Templar Archive on Cyprus, where it would be found years later."

So basically, the Ottomans used it to overthrow Byzantium, and a failed Ottoman prince seized it for himself after his father died. When the Apple failed to work for him, he stashed it on Cyprus in the old archive. Apparently, Cem did gain Borgia favor, and sent them to Cyprus to pick it up around seven years later. The rest, you all know.

Assassin_M
10-06-2012, 06:13 AM
This was all answered in that crappy tie-in game, AC Recollection.

Anyway, directly from the AC wiki:

"Sometime during 1444, Mehmed II used the Apple to conquer the city of Constantinople and bring the Byzantine Empire to its demise. Many years later, Mehmed's son Cem learned of this, and after he had failed to secure the throne of the Ottoman Empire after his father's death in 1481, he took the Apple for himself and looked to it for aid. The Apple, however, did not listen to Cem, nor would it "speak" to him.
Because of this, Cem decided that the Apple should be passed on to the Templars in the West, to men who had done more research into the Apple's power. However, Cem was fearful that the Borgia would shun him when accepting the Apple, and decided to hide it, until he could establish the Borgia's trust.

Before going to Rhodes to meet with the Templars, Cem hid the Apple in the Templar Archive on Cyprus, where it would be found years later."

So basically, the Ottomans used it to overthrow Byzantium, and a failed Ottoman prince seized it for himself after his father died. When the Apple failed to work for him, he stashed it on Cyprus in the old archive. Apparently, Cem did gain Borgia favor, and sent them to Cyprus to pick it up around seven years later. The rest, you all know.
Wow...

Nice find, mate...

I remember Esco saying something about this sometime ago, but no one cared seeing as it is just a tie in..

I suggest reading the entirety of Cem`s page on the Wiki.... Lots of new Info

LoyalACFan
10-06-2012, 06:17 AM
Wow...

Nice find, mate...

I remember Esco saying something about this sometime ago, but no one cared seeing as it is just a tie in..

I suggest reading the entirety of Cem`s page on the Wiki.... Lots of new Info

All in all, it doesn't really affect Ezio's interaction with it, but it's a nice nod to the fact that he inadvertently traced the Apple's path back to Constantinople :p