PDA

View Full Version : Whacky architecture question/rant (Massive spoilers)

GreatBeyonder
10-04-2012, 12:47 AM
So there's these two Vaults beneath Rome, right? We'll call them Vault No.1 and Vault No. 2. Vault No.1 is built underneath the Cistine Chapel. Now, I assume that in this storyline, the Cistine Chapel was built at about the same time as it was in real life, yet somehow there's a whacky altar built into the Church.

Vault No. 2 is also somewhow built into another church which also acts a doorway to its vaut..

Now, I'm ignoring the '42' business for now, but what really bugs me is that at some point, somebody built two churches using these whacky vaults. So HOW did they build the Churches? WHO built the churches? And why? Also, what's with all the crazy freerunning puzzles in ACII? Were they all built by the same mastermind?

If the Templars or Assassins had the resorces to design these places and directly link up to the superhardware, then why does neither side rely on it more often? Its just... there. Perhaps it was the Freemasons after all.

I just want to know if there's a proper explanation for how these places exist.

naran6142
10-04-2012, 12:51 AM
I asked this same question a while back

maybe there is an unknown 3rd party but I think its a little thing in the story that we wont get an answer too

Moultonborough
10-04-2012, 12:58 AM
There are 3 in Rome. And Shaun in AC:B says that the church at the end was build "above" the ancient temple of Juno. Which it was. So, at least the person who built that church knew the Temple was there. Like Brutus for example.

rileypoole1234
10-04-2012, 01:12 AM
Your question is a good one, but what I always thought was that the person who built them knew they were there and kept them a secret just as Moultonborough said above me.

Either that or TWCB knew what was going to be built there and covered them up so they could be found by a worthy person or something like that. We don't really have a proper explanation as to who or how they built these places into the vaults and Temples.

[SPOILER] from AC3, not a massive one but still a [SPOILER] if a mod thinks it inappropriate, please delete it.

There is concept art on the AC3 wikia of a certain someone standing inside the entrance to the Grand Temple. It seems like one could deduce from the picture that we may learn more about this very subject.

Calvarok
10-04-2012, 02:18 AM
TWCB have ways of making people build things over important places.

Evenesque
10-04-2012, 03:45 AM
You ask too many questions.