PDA

View Full Version : Taking Time Off On Release / Midnight Release

dewgel
10-02-2012, 10:12 AM
Bonjourno guys!

Just wondering, something I've just sorted out at work, who else has booked holidays around the release date?

Personally, I've only done it because I'm going to the midnight release on the 30th and I'd rather not be nacked on the 31st. I'm going to be at the event fairly early too, as there's a few awesome things planned up my way.

So yeah, who else is either going to the midnight release, or taking a bit of time out to be able to fully enjoy the game? :D

berserker134
10-02-2012, 10:53 AM
man i wish i could but sadly im in school so yeah screwed DX

Legendz54
10-02-2012, 11:45 AM
Im going to a midnight release too, Getting the game late and playing it when no one is around to bother you at midnight is a great feeling.

dewgel
10-02-2012, 11:46 AM
Im going to a midnight release too, Getting the game late and playing it when no one is around to bother you at midnight is a great feeling.

Lucky for me, I have my own place with my girlfriend so I'm fine with having volume on normal, but for alot of people at their parents' or with families, I can't imagine it being a great feeling playing the game on minimal volume on a weekday lol

pacmanate
10-02-2012, 11:54 AM
Well I am lucky, my 6th Forms October half term runs from the 29th October to the 4th November... THIS MEANS EPIC AC3 time!!!

Legendz54
10-02-2012, 11:59 AM
Lucky for me, I have my own place with my girlfriend so I'm fine with having volume on normal, but for alot of people at their parents' or with families, I can't imagine it being a great feeling playing the game on minimal volume on a weekday lol

Yea, i stay with friends that dont know AC that well, so its awkward when they see me playing, easily fixed with headphones :)

Vivian_kt2
10-02-2012, 04:43 PM
Im taking the day off from school to go to the midnight release, its going to be great i can't wait.

problem?

i have no one to go with, lmao.

freddie_1897
10-02-2012, 04:48 PM
i preordered off amazon and paid for first class delivery as well just in case

BeCk41
10-02-2012, 04:50 PM
Im taking the day off from school to go to the midnight release, its going to be great i can't wait.

problem?

awww, you'll find someone don't worry :)

I'm debating whether I should get it for my Xbox as I already ordered it for PC. And since the PC's date was pushed back a million years, I might get impatient and get the game a second time, just because I can't wait a whole other MONTH. I'll see all my other friends playing it and get a sad face. :(

freddie_1897
10-02-2012, 04:53 PM
I'm going to sleep, like normal people

Vivian_kt2
10-02-2012, 05:00 PM
awww, you'll find someone don't worry :)

I'm debating whether I should get it for my Xbox as I already ordered it for PC. And since the PC's date was pushed back a million years, I might get impatient and get the game a second time, just because I can't wait a whole other MONTH. I'll see all my other friends playing it and get a sad face. :(

lol thanks, i'll probably end up dragging my friend along. I think you should get it for xbox, because of course, xbox is great. lol :)

freddie_1897
10-02-2012, 05:07 PM
lol thanks, i'll probably end up dragging my friend along. I think you should get it for xbox, because of course, xbox is great. lol :)
PS3 is BEAST

LightRey
10-02-2012, 05:32 PM
I never really understood the point of midnight release. Can't you just pre-order and start playing a few hours later (or earlier if you get lucky)?

infamous_ezio
10-02-2012, 06:13 PM
I finish my last exam on the 30th, i'll go home sleep, wake up and go buy it ! i told work i finish exams on the 5th of November, giving my self some alone time with AC3, if you know what i mean ;)

ACfan443
10-02-2012, 06:15 PM
Well I am lucky, my 6th Forms October half term runs from the 29th October to the 4th November... THIS MEANS EPIC AC3 time!!!

My 6th form half term starts on the 26th and ends on the 4th. When I found out, I was so unbelievably happy about how convenient that turned out to be. It gives me some extra time to replay AC2 :D

Mr_Shade
10-02-2012, 06:16 PM
Wish I could...

however it will be all hands on deck ;)

[and I may have the game before anywhooooo ;)]

MRNMRSPACER
10-02-2012, 06:23 PM
im taking 30th,31st,1st off from work so i dont get anything spoiled from co-workers

pacmanate
10-02-2012, 06:28 PM
I never really understood the point of midnight release. Can't you just pre-order and start playing a few hours later (or earlier if you get lucky)?

I don't get it either, I would just get bored standing around and would be too tired to focus haha. That in mind, applied for a job at GAME but then turned it down because of exams. Would have LOVED to do midnight release shifts.

I finish my last exam on the 30th, i'll go home sleep, wake up and go buy it ! i told work i finish exams on the 5th of November, giving my self some alone time with AC3, if you know what i mean ;)

Discs don't have holes for nothing!

My 6th form half term starts on the 26th and ends on the 4th. When I found out, I was so unbelievably happy about how convenient that turned out to be. It gives me some extra time to replay AC2 :D

Well I guess so does mine, I don't normally count the weekend before as the start :p

Wish I could...

Whatever all hands on deck means D: And hopefully I will too!

infamous_ezio
10-02-2012, 06:29 PM
Wish I could...

I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you give me AC3 before the release date, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will pwn you.

Mr_Shade
10-02-2012, 06:32 PM
Whatever all hands on deck means D: And hopefully I will too!
never heard that expression?

It means everyone will be busy at their post's - so I and the other FM's will be working ;)

I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you give me AC3 before the release date, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will pwn you.
lol

you don't know who I am.. oh the shame!

infamous_ezio
10-02-2012, 06:37 PM
never heard that expression?

It means everyone will be busy at their post's - so I and the other FM's will be working ;)

lol

you don't know who I am.. oh the shame!

I'm watching you shade...always watching

pacmanate
10-02-2012, 06:38 PM
Shade will Mohawk the crap out of you :P

dewgel
10-02-2012, 06:44 PM
Got to say ; I also don't agree with midnight releases. They're usually pointless. However, I'm not really going to buy the game (Although I will be buying it), I'm going for the event. A few chums are going who I met at the VIP event and they've got a pretty cool event set up. I heard a whisper that there's some "eagle vision treasure hunt" going on, and I'm hoping for some multiplayer.

However usually, I would just wait till I'm back from work and have it waiting. But, midnight release = late sleep = day off next day = fap fap.

ACfan443
10-02-2012, 06:48 PM
Well I guess so does mine, I don't normally count the weekend before as the start :P

Lawl, I look stupid now cause I had no idea there was a weekend before. Anyway you should count them, since every precious moment to spend on gaming counts! :P

willstannard
10-02-2012, 07:26 PM
Half term holidays here in England from 26th to 5th so I've got at least 5 days of pure Assassins creed 3'ing ;D

Evenesque
10-02-2012, 07:31 PM
I still have classes during the week but I took off work from the 30th to the 4th.

dewgel
10-02-2012, 07:56 PM
Half term holidays here in England from 26th to 5th so I've got at least 5 days of pure Assassins creed 3'ing ;D

Reminder for anyone who's still in school in England who might end upgoing to the midnight releases.. you are aware it's an 18 rated game YIS?

LionHeart XXII
10-02-2012, 08:20 PM
I have class all day on the 30th, and an exam on the 1st. :( i will have to squeeze time in there sometime, or i will have to wait till the following weekend.....stupid college getting in the way

MarleyMon81
10-02-2012, 08:26 PM
I may end up taking the day off from work. Plenty of vacation time. I took the day of Arkham City's release off last year to enjoy it in peace. Could do the same with ACIII, my employer just doesn't know it yet.:D

rileypoole1234
10-02-2012, 08:28 PM
I think I'll take a couple days off from life in general when AC3 comes out.

Aphex_Tim
10-02-2012, 08:31 PM
Turns out i'm lucky enough to have a long weekend from the exact day it'll get delivered!

Abdelbar94
10-02-2012, 10:23 PM
i preordered off amazon and paid for first class delivery as well just in case

i preordered it with one day delivery does that mean i receive it on 31st October on day release living in UK by the way that's what it told me on check out just wondering want to get it on release day ;)

freddie_1897
10-02-2012, 10:24 PM
is it sheer irony that i can't be around when AC3 arrives because I'm busy doing an exam... on the American revolution​?

Layytez
10-02-2012, 10:26 PM
I have an essay draft due next week wed and the final is due on release :( and it's also the teachers birthday too :/

pacmanate
10-02-2012, 10:30 PM
is it sheer irony that i can't be around when AC3 arrives because I'm busy doing an exam... on the American revolution​?

Yes, Yes it is. However WE will be learning the history of the American Revolution how it was intended. As a video game with a fictional story.

I have an essay draft due next week wed and the final is due on release :( and it's also the teachers birthday too :/

Who cares about your teacher! Call in sick, say you have butt problems. Tell your teacher you have to do some history. Technically you won't be lying! Well.. get some butt stuff to make you go to the loo

freddie_1897
10-02-2012, 10:30 PM
if its a history teacher buy them the game.

i swear every one of my history teachers play AC.

Layytez
10-02-2012, 10:32 PM
Who cares about your teacher! Call in sick, say you have butt problems. Tell your teacher you have to do some history. Technically you won't be lying! Well.. get some butt stuff to make you go to the loo

if its a history teacher buy them the game.

i swear every one of my history teachers play AC.

Sadly she is sports psychologist who enjoys doing lectures for the whole 3 hours :mad:. The ***** said it would be nice to get her chocolates she's not serious :mad:

roostersrule2
10-02-2012, 10:47 PM
is it sheer irony that i can't be around when AC3 arrives because I'm busy doing an exam... on the American revolution​?Haha you should pass though, as I remember getting an A on my Renaissance test because of AC2. Thank you Ubisoft.

berserker134
10-02-2012, 11:06 PM
i will get it after school just in case im in 8th grade so i will gtfo of the school by 1:45 max 2:00 hahahaha lucky meeee

Escappa
10-02-2012, 11:16 PM
Well, I'm lucky that my one week autumn holliday starts on the 26th and ends the 4th . . . I think the first 5 days will be the worst days of my life though, if you know what I mean ;)

iSoTryHard
10-02-2012, 11:22 PM

noise cancelling stero headphones

Umbra_Blade
10-03-2012, 12:05 AM
I have got tutorials on the day of release, where I have to do a presentation, so I can't pretend to be ill, and I have a busy thursday and friday after that. So I won't be able to get into the game that much until the weekend :(
More annoyingly, a friend of mine at uni has the entire week off when it releases, and he is getting the game on day of release, so if he spoils the story for me, he might just find he 'slips' down the stairs *evil laughter*:p

Legendz54
10-03-2012, 01:25 AM
They call it a midnight release but apparently they start handing out the games earlier at around 10pm to 12pm?? Guess i'm going to have to drive their with a friend and find out.

Paulsifer42
10-03-2012, 06:32 AM

problem?

I don't have anyone either, but I don't care. I want the game at midnight. :)

dewgel
10-03-2012, 07:36 AM
They call it a midnight release but apparently they start handing out the games earlier at around 10pm to 12pm?? Guess i'm going to have to drive their with a friend and find out.

Yeah I heard that too. Although when I went for MW3 last year with my friends, Tesco wouldn't do anything until bang on midnight. This is because Activision were all over haha, they were watching for early sales.

freddie_1897
10-03-2012, 03:48 PM
i have just discovered that i got my dates muddle up, i thought i was having an Exam on the day of AC3's release but it turns out I'm having that Exam a week earlier. it turns out i'm on holiday for the full week when AC3's released. Yippee!

i preordered off amazon with first class delivery. so it should come on the day. however, there is always a slight chance it could arrive a few days early like what happened with revelations. I'm not getting my hopes up though

Jack_Tamaki
10-03-2012, 05:11 PM
I'm going to the midnight release, but I'm going to school the next day haha :)

Mr_Shade
10-03-2012, 05:34 PM
They shouldn't...

12:00 and one second is the time they can sell the game.. they can't process sales until then - I doubt they will let people wander around the store with the game..

Best to check ;)

you may need to be there early though, if you don't want a long wait :)

dewgel
10-03-2012, 08:22 PM
They shouldn't...

12:00 and one second is the time they can sell the game.. they can't process sales until then - I doubt they will let people wander around the store with the game..

Best to check ;)

you may need to be there early though, if you don't want a long wait :)

According to my friends over at GAME Newcastle, publishers go mental because of pre-midnight sales because anything processed / money taken before midnight doesn't reach the publisher.

So if they took £500 before midnight, Ubisoft wouldn't get those sales figures, they'd get lost in limbo. How fun, eh?!

Mr_Shade
10-03-2012, 08:28 PM
According to my friends over at GAME Newcastle, publishers go mental because of pre-midnight sales because anything processed / money taken before midnight doesn't reach the publisher.

So if they took £500 before midnight, Ubisoft wouldn't get those sales figures, they'd get lost in limbo. How fun, eh?!
Indeed.

It's against company policy in most stores too..

And some publishers do fine stores - for selling early.. Ubisoft are nice though ;)

dewgel
10-03-2012, 08:30 PM
Indeed.

It's against company policy in most stores too..

And some publishers do fine stores - for selling early.. Ubisoft are nice though ;)

I did hear that. It's very frustrating though, knowing that the game is sat there in the back of the store anywhere up to a week or 2 before release, and noone can touch it :P GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!

Are you attending any events Captain Shadinator?

Mr_Shade
10-03-2012, 08:32 PM
Are you attending any events Captain Shadinator?
Depends if Ubisoft let me out of the cupboard I'm currently locked in...

dewgel
10-03-2012, 08:34 PM
Depends if Ubisoft let me out of the cupboard I'm currently locked in...

You're stuck in the closet?

Walked into that one me old laddy! But yeah, sounds fun! I thought you'd be visiting the Hull one, Josh has got a pretty awesome lineup planned there, massive events be happening from what I was reading.

RzaRecta357
10-03-2012, 08:38 PM
Work at my own clothing store so ill either be taking the day off or having my games delivered to me at work so I can play liberation in back till I go home for the day. Then it's surround sound blasted AC3 baby!!

dewgel
10-03-2012, 08:39 PM
Work at my own clothing store so ill either be taking the day off or having my games delivered to me at work so I can play liberation in back till I go home for the day. Then it's surround sound blasted AC3 baby!!

Yeah, I've got a pretty nice surround sound setup with my 3D TV too (ACR 3D was really good, so I'll look forward to this) :D

pacmanate
10-03-2012, 08:52 PM
The Coventry GAME store is crap now. They shut down the big one in town (we have two) when they went bankrupt and the little one is still open. However it is small... and sucks.

Evenesque
10-03-2012, 09:18 PM
I don't have anyone either, but I don't care. I want the game at midnight. :)

Every midnight release I've been to, which is about 7, i've gone by myself. Sure, loads of other people there, but the only person I knew was the store manager, and that's just because I go into that store all the time.

pacmanate
10-03-2012, 10:20 PM
Look guys, going by yourself doesn't mean you are alone.

There are other AC fans, just like you that are surrounding you.

We are all friends............ x

Subject J80
10-03-2012, 10:31 PM
I love midnight launches...All fellow fans there for the same thing, all feeling the same excitement!
I have the whole week booked off for ACIII release.

projectpat06
10-04-2012, 12:11 AM
Every midnight release I've been to, which is about 7, i've gone by myself. Sure, loads of other people there, but the only person I knew was the store manager, and that's just because I go into that store all the time.

I go by myself because sadly I don't know anyone around my age that are big time fans of most video games. There might be one or two of my friends who are hardcore closet gamers ha. I never mind going by myself though because most people there have the same passion for video games and generally games with good stories when it comes to the AC fan base so there's always someone to chat with in line. Otherwise, it's just fun to see how diverse the crowd is for a midnight release.

Paulsifer42
10-04-2012, 07:25 AM

Exactly. I'm not bothered by it, and who knows? Maybe I'll make a friend... who can get me to understand why people like the multi-player. :D

pacmanate
10-20-2012, 04:55 PM
Here are a list of places in the UK doing Midnight releases with added fun stuff. Credit to ACInitiates.

Gamestation Hull
Midnight Launch: October 30th

Assassin’s Creed Experience: October 31st – November 1st
*Limited edition Lithographs for first 500 customers
*Limited goodie bags with purchase of the game
*HUGE Raffle giveaway with hundreds of pounds worth of prizes (including hoodies, tees, ltd edition prints etc)
*Multiplayer challenge zone
*Sony Playstation Vita Zone – With AC3 Liberation
*Elgato Game Capture HD area (Win a Game Capture HD)
*Live Art zone – sponsored by Platform Expos (www.platformexpos.com)
*Professional Photographer & Green Screen
*Life-size Connor to have your photo with!
*Refreshment stand
*Family friendly area with Just Dance 4

Tim Browne (Lead Game Designer on AC3 Multiplayer) will be attending both the midnight launch and launch day events here.

Sponsors:
*Elgato Gaming
*Mad Catz UK
*Insert Coin Clothing
*Kingston Communications (WiFi)

GAME Metro Centre (Blue Mall)
Assassins Creed Experience – Namco Bar: November 3rd – November 4th
*Multiplayer Challenge
*Limited goodie bags

GAME Livingston
Weekend Event: November 2nd – November 4th 10:00 – 17:00
*Playable Screens
*Limited goodie bags for midnight/weekend customers,
*Raffle for anyone who buys AC3 at the store during launch week.

GAME Tunbridge Wells
November 2nd – November 4th
*Playable Screens
*Limited goodie bags

GAME Birmingham Bullring
*Playable Screens
*Live DJ
*Limited goodie bags
October 31st
*Playable Screens
*Limited goodie bags
November 3rd
*Playable Screens
*Limited goodie bags

GAME Trafford Centre
*Playable Screens
*Limited goodie bags

dewgel
10-20-2012, 05:26 PM
Here are a list of places in the UK doing Midnight releases with added fun stuff. Credit to ACInitiates.

Gamestation Hull

Assassin’s Creed Experience: October 31st – November 1st
*Limited edition Lithographs for first 500 customers
*Limited goodie bags with purchase of the game
*HUGE Raffle giveaway with hundreds of pounds worth of prizes (including hoodies, tees, ltd edition prints etc)
*Multiplayer challenge zone
*Sony Playstation Vita Zone – With AC3 Liberation
*Elgato Game Capture HD area (Win a Game Capture HD)
*Live Art zone – sponsored by Platform Expos (www.platformexpos.com (http://www.platformexpos.com))
*Professional Photographer & Green Screen
*Life-size Connor to have your photo with!
*Refreshment stand
*Family friendly area with Just Dance 4

Tim Browne (Lead Game Designer on AC3 Multiplayer) will be attending both the midnight launch and launch day events here.

Sponsors:
*Elgato Gaming
*Mad Catz UK
*Insert Coin Clothing
*Kingston Communications (WiFi)

GAME Metro Centre (Blue Mall)
Assassins Creed Experience – Namco Bar: November 3rd – November 4th
*Multiplayer Challenge
*Limited goodie bags

GAME Livingston
Weekend Event: November 2nd – November 4th 10:00 – 17:00
*Playable Screens
*Limited goodie bags for midnight/weekend customers,
*Raffle for anyone who buys AC3 at the store during launch week.

GAME Tunbridge Wells
*Playable Screens
*Limited goodie bags

GAME Birmingham Bullring
*Playable Screens
*Live DJ
*Limited goodie bags
October 31st
*Playable Screens
*Limited goodie bags
November 3rd
*Playable Screens
*Limited goodie bags

GAME Trafford Centre
*Playable Screens
*Limited goodie bags

Thanks for finding the thread pacmante, was hard for me on my phone. They've forgot GAME Newcastle too, the one I'm going to

Kanga_Ruu
10-20-2012, 09:52 PM
I ordered from Ubishop, and I'm not risking missing the courier. I only have two classes at uni on the 31st anyway, so I've decided just to stay at home, and enjoy the game for a whole day before I have to re-focus on coursework.

AllThatJuice
10-20-2012, 10:15 PM
No college (UK) on Wednesday and hopefully AC3 is delivered on release.

Locopells
10-20-2012, 10:39 PM
I gotta work, and god knows when the post'll get out here...on the PC release...

Lass4r
10-20-2012, 11:11 PM
Well, I'm in school and have an exam on the 2nd of November... imagine that xD But I've been really agressive about my studying and been making sure I get ahead with the reading so I'll be able to still play AC on the 31st without it having an effect on my exam =)

pacmanate
10-20-2012, 11:19 PM
I ordered from Ubishop, and I'm not risking missing the courier. I only have two classes at uni on the 31st anyway, so I've decided just to stay at home, and enjoy the game for a whole day before I have to re-focus on coursework.

I'm working at a Dental lab that week haha *sad face*

InfamousQ1987
10-21-2012, 02:24 AM
I'm taking a week paid vacation to enjoy the most AMAZING GAME created thus far... At least thats my opinion. But yeah going to the mid night release and my vacation officially starts when I get my L.E. AC3 box and my copy of AC:L IN MY HANDS!!!
Soooooo close yet sooooooooooooo far. My birthday is the 22nd, and I care more about the release of my AC titles ;P

shinyFezzan
10-21-2012, 02:34 AM
Yeah, but not a choice, no-one is working that week because we have electricians or builders or something coming in.

YAY for me.

iSoTryHard
10-21-2012, 05:28 AM

turtle beachs bro and i get october 31st and november 1 off winning

Evenesque
10-21-2012, 06:36 AM
turtle beachs bro and i get october 31st and november 1 off winning

30th to the 4th off. More winning!

iSoTryHard
10-21-2012, 09:53 AM
30th to the 4th off. More winning!

http://www.google.com.au/imgres?hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=uBD&sa=X&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&channel=fflb&biw=1024&bih=599&tbm=isch&prmd=imvns&tbnid=YATBTkSUI2nHtM:&imgrefurl=http://joyreactor.com/diy/templates&docid=08agbRVi7yWI7M&imgurl=http://img0.joyreactor.com/images/templates/solo/obama_not_bad.png&w=288&h=288&ei=N7eDUJqGK--QiQefwYDQAg&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=107&vpy=277&dur=1622&hovh=225&hovw=225&tx=124&ty=143&sig=109597598124755622347&page=1&tbnh=145&tbnw=158&start=0&ndsp=16&ved=1t:429,r:5,s:0,i:98

pacmanate
10-21-2012, 11:54 AM
26th to the 5th off. Winning x 100000000

sharkinthawater
10-25-2012, 05:31 PM
Yea I have a week and a half of work starting next week! I cant wait it is going to be awesome! BTW does anyone know if the ships will be free roam as well on the game?

xXRyzonXx
10-25-2012, 05:33 PM
My battles are already won, I have all the time in the world now...

Muzza8391
10-25-2012, 05:57 PM
Luckily for me I am off College on release day and plan to complete any course work before Tuesday. All day ACIII session :)

mdfrdscm
10-25-2012, 07:07 PM
Bonjourno guys!

Just wondering, something I've just sorted out at work, who else has booked holidays around the release date?

Personally, I've only done it because I'm going to the midnight release on the 30th and I'd rather not be nacked on the 31st. I'm going to be at the event fairly early too, as there's a few awesome things planned up my way.

So yeah, who else is either going to the midnight release, or taking a bit of time out to be able to fully enjoy the game? :D

Two days off from work just to lax and veg with AC3. looking forward to it!

UrDeviant1
10-25-2012, 07:26 PM
I can't have time off :'( I'm working a 2 man job. It sucks but my weekend will be 100% AC.