PDA

View Full Version : Are we all good with Assasssin's Creed 3?

NOLA_Assassin
10-02-2012, 02:20 AM
Now that we're less than a month away from release, I would just like to ask if everyone is finally cool with AC 3. You might have minor complaints about animations or something, but are we cool with the new protagonist? Do we love the setting? Like Alex Hutchinson? The new features? And are overall LOVING this game?

rileypoole1234
10-02-2012, 02:27 AM
I'm cool. In fact, I'm completely 100% pleased. I think for sure that this'll be the best AC yet.

ScarFace_1415
10-02-2012, 02:35 AM
there is something i hate about the game why the enemies' hat doesn't fall ? :mad:

Layytez
10-02-2012, 02:36 AM
I haven't seen that musket headshot Connor does with his tomahawk.

MRNMRSPACER
10-02-2012, 02:45 AM
Im all good with this game,cant wait

LoyalACFan
10-02-2012, 02:45 AM
I like Alex Hutchinson. I think he's the first creative director since Patrice to really "get it". I trust that the series is in good hands with him.

naran6142
10-02-2012, 02:53 AM
Im great with everything so far! :D

But im trying to hold my excitement back so i dont get disappointed

Calvarok
10-02-2012, 03:20 AM
This is a fanbase. Of course we're not 100% cool.

MT4K
10-02-2012, 03:29 AM
http://images.fungopher.com/M/D/z/MDzGJbpZb/Funny-Animals-I-m-cool-and-I-know-it.jpg

Yeah i couldn't resist :). Especially with all the "cool" being used :D.

I think everything so far is great and i'm pretty excited to play the game.

NOLA_Assassin
10-02-2012, 03:41 AM
Okay, I'm glad the only complaints are minor (I'm sure the devs are too):)

I'm still waiting on M's sarcastic "This game will be horrible, I DON'T LIKE ANYTHING"

tre289
10-02-2012, 04:00 AM
I only actually have one potential complaint. It is regarding the Naval features. I have tried to look everywhere for information regarding this but.. If I am not able to access the Naval features of the game at any point I want (after the point in the story where this first makes itself available of course) I will be disappointed.

Basically what I mean is... I'm hoping this Naval stuff isnt just a series of like 3 or 4 main missions, and like 15 side missions, and once they are all completed it is the last I will ever see of my boat, and all of its features. I want the Naval stuff to be something that I always have access to, not have its use and purposes limited to only a set ammount of side missions before it is gone completely. Even if the only way I can use it is in side missions, I do not want to see these limited to only a few missions, and never have access to the ship once I have completed all of them.

I have also heard people say that it is something that you can use to free-roam the seas. I don't necessarily need Naval Free roam to literally mean I hop on my ship, and sail to other areas.. I would actually be just as content with having the supposed naval sea free roam aspect being limited to just a certain type of side mission tied to Naval.

Like.. I mean for example, I have read somewhere that trade ships, friendly ships, and also enemy ships can be seen as you sail about. So just say for example there were trading ship side missions, or combat side missions (again, ones that you can do as many times as you like, so as to keep the naval feature always present and available) I assume when Naval sea free roam is said by anyone on the forums that what is actually meant is that activating these side missions or whatever it may be will initiate you being out to see, as you are out at the sea during the side mission to say.. track down the enemy ship, you have the freedom to sail about as you please.

HOWEVER... if the Naval features of the game are literally accessible anytime I want upon its availability, and are ALWAYS available, despite having completed all missions/side missions or whatever the naval features may be involved in, then I will literally have absolutely no complaints whatsoever!

Ohhh... actually yeah, One other... Connor's Naval outfit.. the one always shown in the Naval demo. If I cannot use that outside of Naval gameplay as an alternat outfit for use anytime I will be sorely disappointed... Also... the one shown/advertised as the pre-order incentive is really not the same.. there are a few differences, an that one is just plain stupid looking in my opinion.

I will love ACIII Regardless, but these two main points are what may keep me from enjoying this absolutely 100%, personally, and have me slightly worried.

If anyone can comment on my points and provide me with a little more information I will be very grateful :)

crash10310
10-02-2012, 04:27 AM
I have no worries for the SP because I know it will be amazing ,but I am worried about the MP and I hope ubi adressed a lot of the issues in the MP.

Evenesque
10-02-2012, 04:41 AM
Um, yeah? You kind of make it sound like we were in a highschool fight with the game for a while. I've been loving every part of the game since it was announced.

berserker134
10-02-2012, 05:02 AM
mmmmmm thats a very good question and this is the only answer i can give yhuu
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3ALwKeSEYs

anik_lc
10-02-2012, 05:48 AM
I'm very cool. Can't wait to get my hands on it in 49 days.

monster_rambo
10-02-2012, 06:03 AM
I only actually have one potential complaint. It is regarding the Naval features. I have tried to look everywhere for information regarding this but.. If I am not able to access the Naval features of the game at any point I want (after the point in the story where this first makes itself available of course) I will be disappointed.

Basically what I mean is... I'm hoping this Naval stuff isnt just a series of like 3 or 4 main missions, and like 15 side missions, and once they are all completed it is the last I will ever see of my boat, and all of its features. I want the Naval stuff to be something that I always have access to, not have its use and purposes limited to only a set ammount of side missions before it is gone completely. Even if the only way I can use it is in side missions, I do not want to see these limited to only a few missions, and never have access to the ship once I have completed all of them.

I have also heard people say that it is something that you can use to free-roam the seas. I don't necessarily need Naval Free roam to literally mean I hop on my ship, and sail to other areas.. I would actually be just as content with having the supposed naval sea free roam aspect being limited to just a certain type of side mission tied to Naval.

Like.. I mean for example, I have read somewhere that trade ships, friendly ships, and also enemy ships can be seen as you sail about. So just say for example there were trading ship side missions, or combat side missions (again, ones that you can do as many times as you like, so as to keep the naval feature always present and available) I assume when Naval sea free roam is said by anyone on the forums that what is actually meant is that activating these side missions or whatever it may be will initiate you being out to see, as you are out at the sea during the side mission to say.. track down the enemy ship, you have the freedom to sail about as you please.

HOWEVER... if the Naval features of the game are literally accessible anytime I want upon its availability, and are ALWAYS available, despite having completed all missions/side missions or whatever the naval features may be involved in, then I will literally have absolutely no complaints whatsoever!

Ohhh... actually yeah, One other... Connor's Naval outfit.. the one always shown in the Naval demo. If I cannot use that outside of Naval gameplay as an alternat outfit for use anytime I will be sorely disappointed... Also... the one shown/advertised as the pre-order incentive is really not the same.. there are a few differences, an that one is just plain stupid looking in my opinion.

I will love ACIII Regardless, but these two main points are what may keep me from enjoying this absolutely 100%, personally, and have me slightly worried.

If anyone can comment on my points and provide me with a little more information I will be very grateful :)

Free-roaming allows the player to move in a non-linear fashion and allows the player to explore freely and they are also allow to do whatever they wish. It has been confirmed multiple times on these forums and on interviews that players will be able to free-roam. In addition, the Aquila is dock outside of the Homestead so it is highly likely that the player can free-roam the high seas whenever they wish.

tre289
10-02-2012, 06:07 AM
Free-roaming allows the player to move in a non-linear fashion and allows the player to explore freely and they are also allow to do whatever they wish. It has been confirmed multiple times on these forums and on interviews that players will be able to free-roam. In addition, the Aquila is dock outside of the Homestead so it is highly likely that the player can free-roam the high seas whenever they wish.

Thanks for the reply.

You sound very very assuring, and I truly truly want to believe that is indeed how it will be. I just have a slight feeling I may be let down in that aspect.

KillGhast
10-02-2012, 08:17 AM
I've been excited from the first trailer. Can't wait till 31st of Octobre. Homestead will a nice feature also.

Eziolala
10-02-2012, 09:38 AM
While I was among those who were a bit iffy at first, my worries soon disappeared and I can't wait for it to be released! Only a few more weeks now...

dewgel
10-02-2012, 09:56 AM
I like Alex Hutchinson. I think he's the first creative director since Patrice to really "get it". I trust that the series is in good hands with him.

I'm with you. Although I liked Alex Amancio.. he just felt like he was lacking in something.

Alex Hutchinson is brilliant when answering fans questions. I particularly enjoyed the EuroGamer conference, he's quick on the ball and very whitty with his answers, and he knows the game. He's not just some guy representing it, you can tell how involved he was. He's very down to Earth aswell, for example, he's happy to say things like the DLC will cater for the "WTF" category of the game. And he's very truthful about development, he's happy to tell us that it all depends on our reaction to Connor, and that development's been happening for so long etc etc.

And yes, I'm cool with the game. I'm freezing about it.

Thanks for the reply.

You sound very very assuring, and I truly truly want to believe that is indeed how it will be. I just have a slight feeling I may be let down in that aspect.

If you go on YouTube and search "Machinima creed 3 campaign" it'll bring up an interview with Corey May and a woman.

It shows gameplay from a camera of Connor walking from the Homestead over to the dock where his ship is, and you can simply jump on it and free-roam the Eastern Seaboard. There's also a guy called Pegleg sitting watching the boat, who will tell you stories about treasures and stuff, which prompts you to visit these locations.

woowu
10-02-2012, 11:45 AM
I'm not cool at all with the AC3. I considered myself a pretty huge AC fan but somehow Ubisoft managed to ruin this franchise for me. First of all I loved AC1 and 2 and felt they got everything right in those games: mechanics, immersion, visuals. But since Brohood everything just seemed there as a money-grab. I had my fill of Italy in AC2 with it's superb atmosphere so there was literally no need to drag us into Rome, yet I still loved BH. Now, Revelations was a complete and utter fail IMO and after 100%-ing it, I sold it because for me it had no replay value and nothing that made the other games shine, and in plus of that, the mechanics began to show their age especially compared to games like Arkham City.

With this game they seem to promise a new engine and new activities but I'm not feeling it so far. The hunting is a collection of QTE's (unlike in RDR where is as dynamic as possible), the movement is a bit improved, and the ship combat looks alright. Evertything else is same-old AC2 with a reskin. Their location choice is not that inspired in my view, since there are so many other great locations which have been better but I know they want to cater to the US market.

I expected much more from Ubisoft, and even if eventually I'll get the game, I just know it's not gonna leave a mark on me. I expect it to be as mediocre as every game I bought this year.

dewgel
10-02-2012, 11:47 AM
I'm not cool at all with the AC3. I considered myself a pretty huge AC fan but somehow Ubisoft managed to ruin this franchise for me. First of all I loved AC1 and 2 and felt they got everything right in those games: mechanics, immersion, visuals. But since Brohood everything just seemed there as a money-grab. I had my fill of Italy in AC2 with it's superb atmosphere so there was literally no need to drag us into Rome, yet I still loved BH. Now, Revelations was a complete and utter fail IMO and after 100%-ing it, I sold it because for me it had no replay value and nothing that made the other games shine, and in plus of that, the mechanics began to show their age especially compared to games like Arkham City.

With this game they seem to promise a new engine and new activities but I'm not feeling it so far. The hunting is a collection of QTE's (unlike in RDR where is as dynamic as possible), the movement is a bit improved, and the ship combat looks alright. Evertything else is same-old AC2 with a reskin. Their location choice is not that inspired in my view, since there are so many other great locations which have been better but I know they want to cater to the US market.

I expected much more from Ubisoft, and even if eventually I'll get the game, I just know it's not gonna leave a mark on me. I expect it to be as mediocre as every game I bought this year.

Methinks you're either trolling or drunk.

pacmanate
10-02-2012, 12:00 PM
I haven't been this hyped since AC2! 3 years and hopefully worth the wait.

FelSkirata
10-02-2012, 12:31 PM
I think the reason we're all this happy is because of the way Ubisoft (and A. Hutchinson) approach marketing of this game.
I always like to compare them to Bioware/EA and their marketing for Mass Effect 3. I mean both these games have (in the latter's case 'had') HUGE fanbases and the hype for the third entry in the series was incredible. But contrary to our hype now, back in march the fandom was loaded with concerns and questions and none of the devs were even willing to talk about them.

If you analyse the interviews Bioware gave prior the the ME3 release, you can really get a good sense of who they were trying to sell their game to. (Not the fans) Constantly emphasizing how ME3 is the "perfect entry point" for newcomers, they really only showed stuff that would interest people not familiar to ME at all.

We on the other hand know what to expect from ACIII. Alex Hutchinson manages to keept a great balance between catering to long term fans and newcomers.
He occasionaly makes a point of how someone who's never played an AC game could, if he chose to, jump right into ACIII, but he also always goes on to emphasize just how rewarding ACIII will be for people who have been with the series from the start!

The Ubi team also doesn't shy aways from aswering more delicate questions about exclusive dlc, etc. Something that any Bioware dev would immediatly wave aside and turn into an argument that speaks in their favor. That's something other ppl in this thread have also mentioned: A. Hutchinson really seems more "down to earth".

Yes, Ubisoft has made some questionable decisions in the past (like turning Lost Legacy into the dreaded AC:R), but they seem to genuinely care about the fans, or at least that's the image they're trying to convey and that's all that counts.

I think most of us are content with ACIII because Ubisoft has shown us what we needed to see from the game while making it also appealing to perhaps a larger audience. This is what Bioware failed to do (Well that and making a decent ending to their game).

tre289
10-02-2012, 05:46 PM
I'm with you. Although I liked Alex Amancio.. he just felt like he was lacking in something.

Alex Hutchinson is brilliant when answering fans questions. I particularly enjoyed the EuroGamer conference, he's quick on the ball and very whitty with his answers, and he knows the game. He's not just some guy representing it, you can tell how involved he was. He's very down to Earth aswell, for example, he's happy to say things like the DLC will cater for the "WTF" category of the game. And he's very truthful about development, he's happy to tell us that it all depends on our reaction to Connor, and that development's been happening for so long etc etc.

And yes, I'm cool with the game. I'm freezing about it.

If you go on YouTube and search "Machinima creed 3 campaign" it'll bring up an interview with Corey May and a woman.

It shows gameplay from a camera of Connor walking from the Homestead over to the dock where his ship is, and you can simply jump on it and free-roam the Eastern Seaboard. There's also a guy called Pegleg sitting watching the boat, who will tell you stories about treasures and stuff, which prompts you to visit these locations.

I went and watched the video you spoke of. I don't find that this has really put me at ease. I did not see Connor simply walk from the homstead onto the ship and sailing. What I saw was Connor walking to his ship, turn around to look at the peg leg man, and a cut to a later screen where he is already sailing. This kind of makes me feel like it is restricted to side/main missions only, and they may be trying not to show what those side missions may be. There is also a later comment that says there are some nice Rewards at the end of the side mission content such as the Peg leg man. These methods of displaying the naval combat, and speaking about its main/side mission use is what has me worried that it may only be accessible as long as you haven't completed everything it has a use for, The video also doesn't really show me 100% confirmation of Naval free-roam, as like I said, it only shows Connor walking to the ship, and then a later cut forward of him sailing.

I suppose I'm just being cautious about trying to get overhyped on an awesome feature that one would hope Ubiosft would do perfectly well by making it an actual free-roam feature, as well as a feature that can be accessed at any point despite completion progress.

monster_rambo
10-02-2012, 05:51 PM
I went and watched the video you spoke of. I don't find that this has really put me at ease. I did not see Connor simply walk from the homstead onto the ship and sailing. What I saw was Connor walking to his ship, turn around to look at the peg leg man, and a cut to a later screen where he is already sailing. This kind of makes me feel like it is restricted to side/main missions only, and they may be trying not to show what those side missions may be. There is also a later comment that says there are some nice Rewards at the end of the side mission content such as the Peg leg man. These methods of displaying the naval combat, and speaking about its main/side mission use is what has me worried that it may only be accessible as long as you haven't completed everything it has a use for, The video also doesn't really show me 100% confirmation of Naval free-roam, as like I said, it only shows Connor walking to the ship, and then a later cut forward of him sailing.

I suppose I'm just being cautious about trying to get overhyped on an awesome feature that one would hope Ubiosft would do perfectly well by making it an actual free-roam feature, as well as a feature that can be accessed at any point despite completion progress.

Quit complaining. As a rule of thumb, don't have high expectations, you will be disappointed. I suggest you go dark this instant. Too many spoilers and be hyped when it is released.

tre289
10-02-2012, 05:57 PM
Quit complaining. As a rule of thumb, don't have high expectations, you will be disappointed. I suggest you go dark this instant. Too many spoilers and be hyped when it is released.

You come off as rather rude...

I'm not complaining, I am expressing my own concerns for the game in a thread about discussing how content we are with how the game looks at this point.

I also think my one or two concerns may be a bit more valid than some of the actual complaints I have seen.

Calvarok
10-02-2012, 06:11 PM
Lol, the homestead is where you go into either naval missions, or naval free roam. That is 100% confirmed in many interviews. I have no problem with you being concerned about things that are still sketchy. But naval combat having free-roam is confirmed. As to that thing you talked about seeing a cutscene, has it occurred to you that at a press event they would WANT to show off story missions, and that story missions would start with a cutscene?

tre289
10-02-2012, 06:18 PM
I suppose you are right :P

Though, I don't think I've seen the interviews where it was confirmed that in the homestead you can use the ship to engage in free roam and side missions, I haven't come across any videos where much of anything Naval was confirmed actually. Would you have links to these by any chance? I'd love to see a few unseen (to me) interviews/videos

monster_rambo
10-02-2012, 06:42 PM
In what way is that rude? Go outside for once, the people that you work with will be a lot tougher than just a simple opinion.

tre289
10-02-2012, 06:43 PM
In what way is that rude? Go outside for once, the people that you work with will be a lot tougher than just a simple opinion.

... The irony.

monster_rambo
10-02-2012, 06:44 PM
You come off as rather rude...

I'm not complaining, I am expressing my own concerns for the game in a thread about discussing how content we are with how the game looks at this point.

I also think my one or two concerns may be a bit more valid than some of the actual complaints I have seen.

In what way is that rude? I offered you an explanation of what I know as Naval free-roam. Go outside for once kid, the people that you have to work with will be a lot tougher than a simple opinion.

DavidPage
10-02-2012, 06:47 PM
This is worth at a minimum a 99.99% rating from Metacritic and stuff... THAT'S how good it is...

tre289
10-02-2012, 06:54 PM
In what way is that rude? I offered you an explanation of what I know as Naval free-roam. Go outside for once kid, the people that you have to work with will be a lot tougher than a simple opinion.

Do you seriously question how it is that you may come off as rude? Christ.. I make an account here YESTERDAY, and express my few concerns about the game in a discussion thread/forums. I have 10 posts total as opposed to your 50, and you call me a kid, and say I need to go outside.

What is the point in trying to insult me? With childish insults no less. I have in no way insulted you or attacked you in anything I've said. You know nothing of my age, or what I do outside of posting on these forums, so I think you should calm down.

You offer your explanation, and I offer my views as to why that still leaves me concerned, yet you come at me like I've offended you.

Mr_Shade
10-02-2012, 06:56 PM
Guys...

Lets cool things down...

If you can't agree to disagree - walk away..

lets not start getting heavy..

Mrnilsman
10-02-2012, 07:00 PM
I have to say that i am a 100% good with everything
sure there are some little things here and there but i think it is going to be an awesome experience overall

Sabastian_AC

So there have been a lot of hints that indicate that the oceans will be free-roamable, but this is the latest that I have seen (nothing has been confirmed)

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/715865-Conflicting-information-about-the-size-of-the-frontier?p=8605712&viewfull=1#post8605712

dewgel
I suppose you are right :P

Though, I don't think I've seen the interviews where it was confirmed that in the homestead you can use the ship to engage in free roam and side missions, I haven't come across any videos where much of anything Naval was confirmed actually. Would you have links to these by any chance? I'd love to see a few unseen (to me) interviews/videos

What do you mean it wasn't confirmed? That particular video I linked you to said something along these lines:

"Connor will have a dock in his Homestead for his ship which he acquires, the Aquila, which he can go on anytime"

You can free-roam whenever you want. It's been confirmed numerous times. Do a Google search. Also, monster_rambo was simply telling you how it is. Don't get overly excited or hyped, just simply look forward to the game, and be amazed when you find that you can free-roam in Naval.

tre289
10-02-2012, 07:04 PM
So there have been a lot of hints that indicate that the oceans will be free-roamable, but this is the latest that I have seen (nothing has been confirmed)

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/715865-Conflicting-information-about-the-size-of-the-frontier?p=8605712&viewfull=1#post8605712

Thank's alot for the reply.

I had only wanted to know if it was infact absolutely 100% confirmed, sketchy proof, and very believable speculation aside, and if it was, hopefully someone could direct me to where I could find this information.

Thanks again.

What do you mean it wasn't confirmed? That particular video I linked you to said something along these lines:

"Connor will have a dock in his Homestead for his ship which he acquires, the Aquila, which he can go on anytime"

You can free-roam whenever you want. It's been confirmed numerous times. Do a Google search. Also, monster_rambo was simply telling you how it is. Don't get overly excited or hyped, just simply look forward to the game, and be amazed when you find that you can free-roam in Naval.

I know what you mean, but like I said, I have my suspicions about what they mean when they say it can be accessed anytime. Everything else around it sort of comes off as sketchy Dev talk to me. But hearing everyone elses views on it leave me a bit more assured that the Naval aspect will be as I had hoped it would have been done.

pacmanate
10-02-2012, 07:20 PM
Right, I think you should calm down kid. You called me rude when I gave you advice and what I know. You want me to be rude, then I will.

One important thing to note though about general forum use, is that despite what people may know or think they know, It doesnt always mean that's how it is. I've been in enough discussions via forums elswehere regarding other games in which people have stated things that they know to be true, and in the end they were either half true, or completely false.

I'm just expressing my concern for the feature, hoping that all of you are right in what you are telling me about it. Most confirmations I have heard regarding it, like I have said, do come off as a bit sketchy/dodgy to me. This is something I am looking forward to, but hardly overhyped about. It just comes off as a very large feature of the game, that I would like to see done right.

I am literally not trying to offend you in any way, so I do not understand the problem here.

Don't make me use this.

http://i1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd366/ArunGahir/Snapshot_20120930.jpg

tre289
10-02-2012, 07:21 PM
That looks really awesome! :P

*Edit: aww Image is gone :(

Mr_Shade
10-02-2012, 07:22 PM
back to the topic at hand guys...

tre289
10-02-2012, 07:35 PM
Well, as on Topic, aside from my possible Naval concern (which you people have eased :P), I am all good with how ACIII seems to have turned out thus far.

I like the fact that there are new jumping animations when running along the trees in the frontier, or jumping along rooftops, the extra bit of animation makes it look very nice.

Mrnilsman
10-02-2012, 08:54 PM
Well, as on Topic, aside from my possible Naval concern (which you people have eased :P), I am all good with how ACIII seems to have turned out thus far.

I like the fact that there are new jumping animations when running along the trees in the frontier, or jumping along rooftops, the extra bit of animation makes it look very nice.

It really suprised me what a difference a few changes in the free running animations make but i love it :)

NOLA_Assassin
10-03-2012, 01:27 AM
back to the topic at hand guys...

Are you good with it, Shade?

Assassin_M
10-03-2012, 01:30 AM
Are you good with it, Shade?

Of course he is..

Legendz54
10-03-2012, 01:32 AM
Love everything about the game, cant complain about anything. Although i hope the story and script is written properly.
And no voice changes!! if i start the game and Desmond has a different voice...I will die, don't pull an Altair on us in the last game, Nolan north loves the series so Desmond's voice should be the same :)

Evenesque
10-03-2012, 02:37 AM
Love everything about the game, cant complain about anything. Although i hope the story and script is written properly.
And no voice changes!! if i start the game and Desmond has a different voice...I will die, don't pull an Altair on us in the last game, Nolan north loves the series so Desmond's voice should be the same :)

Desmond is the only voice Nolan's ever done that I'm not constantly reminded of Nathan Drake.

roostersrule2
10-03-2012, 02:57 AM
Nolan North is in the game.

NOLA_Assassin
10-03-2012, 03:26 AM
Of course he is..

Are you good with it, Messer M?

tre289
10-03-2012, 03:48 AM
Like I was saying earlier, I only had two problems, both sort of stem from the Naval aspect. I've found decent comparison shots to show what I mean on my second issue which is the Naval clothing.

http://i50.tinypic.com/2hzjn0p.jpg

^^ this is what the supposed captain of the Aquila pre-order bonus looks like. Some people believe that this is the outfit that players will get to use outside of Naval business, I personally find it stupid looking, I'm not a fan of the knee highs, or any of that formal stuff.

If that is the case...

Then what is this? I personally find this outfit waay better looking, with the boots, coat details/style, and even shirt/pants details/style

http://i47.tinypic.com/281ehrp.png
http://i48.tinypic.com/1zexfzt.jpg

I'm personall hoping to see the outfit in the second and third images as opposed to the outfit in the first image, and hoping that this outfit is made available for use any point as well.

What do the rest of you think about these outfit differences, and which do you prefer to actually see in game?

InfamousQ1987
10-03-2012, 04:16 AM
I am soo pumped for this game. It's going to be the best AC game ever...

Until AC4 is announced......or even a Connor spin-off?

Anyways I'm totally pleased with what I've seen so far. And Desmond looks great imho.

ACRules2
10-03-2012, 05:13 AM
I think that there are only a few minor things, but I believe this is one of the best looking games of this year. I think it will be the best Assassins Creed yet!

NOLA_Assassin
10-03-2012, 05:24 AM
Like I was saying earlier, I only had two problems, both sort of stem from the Naval aspect. I've found decent comparison shots to show what I mean on my second issue which is the Naval clothing.

^^ this is what the supposed captain of the Aquila pre-order bonus looks like. Some people believe that this is the outfit that players will get to use outside of Naval business, I personally find it stupid looking, I'm not a fan of the knee highs, or any of that formal stuff.

If that is the case...

Then what is this? I personally find this outfit waay better looking, with the boots, coat details/style, and even shirt/pants details/style

I'm personall hoping to see the outfit in the second and third images as opposed to the outfit in the first image, and hoping that this outfit is made available for use any point as well.

What do the rest of you think about these outfit differences, and which do you prefer to actually see in game?

It's probably just a concept art thing, I wouldn't worry too much about it...

tre289
10-03-2012, 06:02 AM
It's probably just a concept art thing, I wouldn't worry too much about it...

http://i46.tinypic.com/adn3as.jpg

Really? I just found this :P.

I just find this version so... ugly. Too bright and clean for someone like Connor, and a hardcore ship captain.

Still very much not a fan of those socks/stockings.

Paulsifer42
10-03-2012, 06:21 AM
I still have a couple of concerns, and neither can really be put at ease.

The first is the 'random events,' like in RDR. I really hated these in RDR. It felt like the same things over and over. If they don't come up too much, I'll be pleased, if they do, I'll be annoyed, but I don't think any of the devs have said anything to comfort us who hated RDR, so... yeah.

The second is that I don't think there's anywhere else the Connor story can go. I know I'm in a minority here, but I really liked Brotherhood and Revelations. I felt like I got to know Ezio throughout his life, and that was cool. I'm afraid Connor will be an Altair: Super cool protagonist, but one that we ultimately don't know as much about as we'd like.

Paulsifer42
10-03-2012, 06:23 AM

I just find this version so... ugly. Too bright and clean for someone like Connor, and a hardcore ship captain.

I'm afraid the socks/stockings are accurate. I don't think either outfit looks bad though.

NOLA_Assassin
10-03-2012, 07:08 AM

The first is the 'random events,' like in RDR. I really hated these in RDR. It felt like the same things over and over. If they don't come up too much, I'll be pleased, if they do, I'll be annoyed, but I don't think any of the devs have said anything to comfort us who hated RDR, so... yeah.

The second is that I don't think there's anywhere else the Connor story can go. I know I'm in a minority here, but I really liked Brotherhood and Revelations. I felt like I got to know Ezio throughout his life, and that was cool. I'm afraid Connor will be an Altair: Super cool protagonist, but one that we ultimately don't know as much about as we'd like.

Yeah, you'll really just have to play the game to find out:p

Paulsifer42
10-03-2012, 09:19 AM
Yeah, you'll really just have to play the game to find out:p

The same could be said of your naval warfare concerns... :P

Kit572
10-03-2012, 10:00 AM

That looks... feminine xD. Maybe this is from Pre-Alpha footage and decided to change the outfit later on?

projectpat06
10-03-2012, 10:09 AM

If that is the case...

The top picture is the preorder bonus given with certain retailers. I personally like it. The bottom one which I do like better is the default outfit for the naval missions so this will be the guaranteed outfit.

projectpat06
10-03-2012, 10:14 AM

About the second part, they can very easily extend the story over to the French Revolution which takes place right after AC3 ends. Benjamin Franklin is over in France during most of the American Revolution recruiting France's support and the Treaty of Paris is signed in 1783 which is the last year of AC3 so Connor could actually be present there. The direct sequel can have Connor's fight for justice and freedom continue on in France with Paris as the main city with blood filling the streets from Madame Guillotine.

Kit572
10-03-2012, 10:22 AM
About the second part, they can very easily extend the story over to the French Revolution which takes place right after AC3 ends. Benjamin Franklin is over in France during most of the American Revolution recruiting France's support and the Treaty of Paris is signed in 1783 which is the last year of AC3 so Connor could actually be present there. The direct sequel can have Connor's fight for justice and freedom continue on in France with Paris as the main city with blood filling the streets from Madame Guillotine.

I think Ubisoft wants AC3 to be Connor's only game, but good idea.

BBALive
10-03-2012, 10:23 AM

If that is the case...

The first outfit is DLC. The second outfit is the default naval outfit.

Kit572
10-03-2012, 10:25 AM
The first outfit is DLC. The second outfit is the default naval outfit.

Is said DLC the DLC that is comming with the preorder of AC3?

projectpat06
10-03-2012, 10:35 AM
Is said DLC the DLC that is comming with the preorder of AC3?

yep.

And about your previous post about Ubi wanting AC3 to be Connor's only game, as of recent news, they are waiting to see the fans reaction to him when the game releases. If the fans like connor as a character and demand more like they did with Ezio, then we'll most likely see him again next year. If not, they can just as easily throw in another character, but I'm still betting on the french revolution for next year's release.

Kit572
10-03-2012, 10:44 AM
yep.

And about your previous post about Ubi wanting AC3 to be Connor's only game, as of recent news, they are waiting to see the fans reaction to him when the game releases. If the fans like connor as a character and demand more like they did with Ezio, then we'll most likely see him again next year. If not, they can just as easily throw in another character, but I'm still betting on the french revolution for next year's release.

Interesting. Well, I like the character so far, so I guess I would be interested in seeing Connor in other games.

dewgel
10-03-2012, 11:33 AM
I think Ubisoft wants AC3 to be Connor's only game, but good idea.

Really? I don't think so.

Alex Hutchinson has stated that any future appearances with Connor will depend on their reaction to him in AC3. His exact words are "if the fans enjoy and approve of him, it'll fit in well with future plans"

My thoughts; they've planned ahead already, and are ready to begin development on the next iteration, which will involve Connor again. However, should Connor not be accepted, they may quickly get a new character fired up.

JarodRussel2012
10-03-2012, 12:22 PM
How can Desmond's story end but Connor's story continue? Will they get rid of the Animus side story and let future games just take place in the past?

NOLA_Assassin
10-03-2012, 12:24 PM

The setting is amazing; has this not been proven with the gameplay features?

xXMrGR1NCHXx
10-03-2012, 12:26 PM
I'm cool. In fact, I'm completely 100% pleased. I think for sure that this'll be the best AC yet.
1st reply nailed it for me, yes!

Noble6
10-03-2012, 01:16 PM
Well... Feel free to disagree but I'm a little afraid that Ac3 will lack umh... feeling. Cities and environment seem dull and less fascinating than the games which were placed in renaissance Italy. Change is always welcome tough. It is also sad that Connor seems to be more warrior type than assassins like Ezio but I guess it fits well with the era.

There is also other minor complaints like no difficulty levels (still too easy?), aiming is automatic for bow(I know we have some sort of free aim but I was hoping that we could turn off auto aim in options) Auto aim is also part of possible problem that hunting may not be fun etc.I'm sure some of these fears are unnecessary and there will be something else to complain when the game ships out. My exceptions are lower than usual for my favorite game series but usually that means that the game will suprise me positively. It seems I'm waiting halo 4 a bit more than AC3.

Other than that I'm cool:cool:. It will be a great game.

luckyto
10-03-2012, 02:58 PM
As for the SP campaign and the work that Alex Hutchinson has done, I think it looks phenomenal. I'm a bit wary still of the combat, but all the hands-on remarks have been positive - so I think I'll really enjoy it once I get my hands on it. Visually, it looks spectacular. I was a big doubter of the setting, but its really grown on me and I'm more excited for this game than any in a long long time. I think it will be phenomenal.

Multiplayer.... not so much.

NOLA_Assassin
10-03-2012, 03:34 PM
Well... Feel free to disagree but I'm a little afraid that Ac3 will lack umh... feeling. Cities and environment seem dull and less fascinating than the games which were placed in renaissance Italy. Change is always welcome tough. It is also sad that Connor seems to be more warrior type than assassins like Ezio but I guess it fits well with the era.

There is also other minor complaints like no difficulty levels (still too easy?), aiming is automatic for bow(I know we have some sort of free aim but I was hoping that we could turn off auto aim in options) Auto aim is also part of possible problem that hunting may not be fun etc.I'm sure some of these fears are unnecessary and there will be something else to complain when the game ships out. My exceptions are lower than usual for my favorite game series but usually that means that the game will suprise me positively. It seems I'm waiting halo 4 a bit more than AC3.

Other than that I'm cool:cool:. It will be a great game.

I think the hallmark of AC2 was it's pretty architecture of the time but the history in AC3 makes for a better story and gameplay, and I would actually say Connor is the stealthiest of the three.

moc100
10-03-2012, 06:16 PM
I am ALMOST completely cool with it. I love the setting, the additions, the combat, the hunting, everything about it. No doubt this will be the best AC and one of the best games this gen. All they need to do is let me throw the Tomahawk.

Layytez
10-03-2012, 06:32 PM
I won't be satisfied until I see that musket stab headshot.

Assassin_M
10-03-2012, 06:41 PM
Are you good with it, Messer M?
Apart from the horses ? Im good...Yeah.

Was not sure about the setting, though at first, but I was open for change and Ubisoft got me completely convinced about it. I gotta feel sorry, though for the people who just condemn the setting. I get to enjoy a wonderful game, while they don't... so sad

Awesome Character, Great Setting, Awesome Features.... What else could I want ?

freddie_1897
10-03-2012, 06:43 PM
Apart from the horses ? Im good...Yeah.

Was not sure about the setting, though at first, but I was open for change and Ubisoft got me completely convinced about it. I gotta feel sorry, though for the people who just condemn the setting. I get to enjoy a wonderful game, while they don't... so sad

Awesome Character, Great Setting, Awesome Features.... What else could I want ?
whats wrong with the horses?

De Filosoof
10-03-2012, 06:44 PM
I'm actually really looking forward to the Erudito stuff in MP.
Hope it will be a bit Subject 16-ish.

freddie_1897
10-03-2012, 06:47 PM
don't like it. I'm british and i see it as an insult to kill my own people

Assassin_M
10-03-2012, 06:52 PM
whats wrong with the horses?
They`re the same -__-

freddie_1897
10-03-2012, 06:53 PM
They`re the same -__-
your the same -__-

Assassin_M
10-03-2012, 06:55 PM
your the same -__-
You too..

freddie_1897
10-03-2012, 06:56 PM
You too..
shut up. your a big meany

Assassin_M
10-03-2012, 06:57 PM
shut up. your a big meany
Can I please correct your grammar ?

Oh wait... You`r English:p

Dieinthedark
10-03-2012, 07:00 PM
SP - as far as I know I have no complaints
MP - is a joke, I despise the MP with every fiber of my being. I hate it, i really do and if it's tied in significantly with the SP story I will not be very happy.

Jexx21
10-03-2012, 08:27 PM
MP - is a joke, I despise the MP with every fiber of my being. I hate it, i really do and if it's tied in significantly with the SP story I will not be very happy.
Multiplayer is really fun.

NOLA_Assassin
10-04-2012, 03:06 AM

MP has a separate story and if you have a 360, you can ignore it completely.

And M and Freddie: *you're

Paulsifer42
10-04-2012, 07:18 AM

I totally forgot about that. That would be a great place to take it. As has already been said, it does sound like this might be his only appearance, but I sure hope not.

LightRey
10-04-2012, 09:08 AM
your the same -__-
http://0-media-cdn.foolz.us/ffuuka/board/a/image/1345/03/1345032348898.jpg

De Filosoof
10-04-2012, 03:52 PM
They`re the same -__-

But why ride horses when you can run through trees and deep snow?!

I don't think i'm going to use horses that much in AC3.

Assassin_M
10-04-2012, 03:56 PM

I was planning on using horses, because I love horses..

But I might go with what you`re doing and pass, because they`re the same from ACB

freddie_1897
10-04-2012, 03:59 PM
why is everyone a grammar nazi now?

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_REkgXByDyuU/S7OQjASZIsI/AAAAAAAAGyg/efjoN0B5xbY/s1600/grammar-nazi2.jpg

Paulsifer42
10-05-2012, 08:12 AM

It all depends on the size of the world and how much I have to traverse it to get to where I want to be. I noticed that I used horses in Brotherhood all the time, but playing through Revelations I never feel a need for one.

DaanFe
10-05-2012, 09:25 AM
I started a clan for assasin's creed 3.: cool:
So wo want tho join the clan? :D

MT4K
10-05-2012, 09:56 AM
I started a clan for assasin's creed 3.: cool:
So wo want tho join the clan? :D

Yeah... Wrong place to be asking that ;).

If you have made a clan. You should make a thread in the multiplayer section.

NOLA_Assassin
10-05-2012, 04:37 PM
I was planning on using horses, because I love horses..

But I might go with what you`re doing and pass, because they`re the same from ACB

I think that actually might be the point...

The_Legacy72
10-14-2012, 04:34 AM
Who needs horses when you can run across trees and buildings like a ninja?
I'll probs only use horses if for example, the objective is on the other side of the map & i haven't unlocked fast travel.

Assassin_M
10-14-2012, 04:43 AM
Who needs horses when you can run across trees and buildings like a ninja?
I'll probs only use horses if for example, the objective is on the other side of the map & i haven't unlocked fast travel.
But I love Horses D:

Jexx21
10-14-2012, 04:48 AM
i think asscreed tree is gonna suck donkey ***. it's in it's name.. asscreed/

Assassin_M
10-14-2012, 04:52 AM
i think asscreed tree is gonna suck donkey ***. it's in it's name.. asscreed/
WHAT THE HELL YOU SAY TO ME !!??

I kill you

DarkDreamer95
10-14-2012, 06:22 AM
Haha I think AC3's going to be good. VERY good. :P Trying to hold the excitement back in case of a disappointment, but I'm failing at it -.-"

tjbyrum1
10-14-2012, 06:31 AM
Assassin's Creed? Check.
Frontier? Check.
Guns? Check.
Hunting? Check.
Awesome Gameplay? Check.

Yeah I'm pretty cool with this. It'll probably surpass RDR, which is my current favorite game of all time; nothing has ever come close to beating RDR. Nothing.

But AC3 just might.

BlankDistortion
10-14-2012, 07:26 AM
Assassin's Creed? Check.
Frontier? Check.
Guns? Check.
Hunting? Check.
Awesome Gameplay? Check.

Yeah I'm pretty cool with this. It'll probably surpass RDR, which is my current favorite game of all time; nothing has ever come close to beating RDR. Nothing.

But AC3 just might.

Waiting - X