PDA

View Full Version : Killing at the funeral (AC 1)

yubetcha
10-02-2012, 01:51 AM
I am soooo sick of this game. I must have tried to kill the guys at least 50 times at the funeral, and I died 50 times! Every time I get to some place high up, they throw me off. I try to run and Atair just wants to fight. The controls are impossible when they are constantly attacking you. I know some of you beat it. HOW?!?! I am about ready to shred the disk and not buy another one from these guys!

LightRey
10-02-2012, 02:01 AM
Run, put some distance between them and yourself, take to the rooftops, use throwing knives as they try to catch up, counter a lot, throw them off buildings, don't take on too many at a time.

yubetcha
10-02-2012, 02:44 AM
Thanks. I have tried all of that though. As I run through the city, the guards are harder to lose, and there are many more of them. More and more keep joining the pursuit, and after a couple of minutes, if I get too far away, I get a message saying that the guy I was there to kill got away. I guess I will keep trying for now. But not much longer. Too frustrating. Thank you.

manojp1987
10-02-2012, 06:14 AM
U r actually playing one of the most difficult mission in the series :).. have patience u can do it..

yubetcha
10-03-2012, 04:07 AM
Thanks, manojp1987 for the encouragement. I came here to say that I was giving up. I might try a couple of more times though. I just tried again a few times and failed. I always die. And one of the most frustrating things about this part of the game is that the camera stays focused on the target before the action starts, no matter which way I turn. Sometimes when I try to move, I can't even see the other structures that I bump into because of it. Not only that, but the buildings and other structures get in the way of the camera, and the camera is so close to me that I only see my head. This is while waiting for the action to start. . Or all I can see is the white in my robe because the camera is so close, or I can't see me at all. What a ridiculous design. A better design would be that the camera looks through the building from a short distance, and it becomes invisible to the camera. BTW, I really don't see why I shouldn't be able to attack the target before the action starts at the funeral. Ya know, I hope the game plays better on one of the other platforms than it does for the pc. It sucks for the pc. The controls are also terrible. I was at Target, and found AC 1 and AC 2 for $10. I am glad I didn't pay any more than that, or I would really be pissed.
Don't mind me. I am just venting before I really go out and hit someone. This game could be programmed better, as far as I am concerned. Is it better for the xbox or ps3 or the others? I hope so.
Thanks, manojp1987. I guess I could try again but not much longer. But I am starting to think that the game costs so little that the trash would be a good place for both 1 and 2 and I could easily forget about buying the others. BTW, are the others in the series different in any way? I hope they are better. I might consider buying some of the others if they play better, but I would be hesitant unless you guys say they are better.
Can the keys be changed? I might try that. Right now there is too much to remember as far as which combinations of keys to press when. That's why the controls suck. I might look at that.

ProletariatPleb
10-03-2012, 06:59 AM
Hmm, well I would recommend you kill the rooftop archers outside the funeral before entering. then make a run for it, look for a rooftop that's large enough for battle, I'll try and make a video for you.

EDIT - Here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQx_s4XROIo

yubetcha
10-03-2012, 10:26 PM
WOW! I am impressed, Sidspyker. During the whole fight, I kept asking myself, "How is he going to get all of those guys?" And you did. Thanks very much for making the video. I appreciate it a lot. I will keep trying, using your video for guidance. I hope you didn't go to any trouble making it. Thank you. You are great!

ProletariatPleb
10-03-2012, 11:02 PM
WOW! I am impressed, Sidspyker. During the whole fight, I kept asking myself, "How is he going to get all of those guys?" And you did. Thanks very much for making the video. I appreciate it a lot. I will keep trying, using your video for guidance. I hope you didn't go to any trouble making it. Thank you. You are great!
Well there were a few issues while recording(weird combination of 30hz, vsynch and FRAPS) so I wasn't in my prime when I played that, took too many hits, still, glad it helped you.

yubetcha
10-04-2012, 04:46 AM
Now I have another problem all of a sudden. I loaded the game, intending to do what the video showed, and now sometimes the game hangs. It just gets stuck for perhaps 5 or 6 seconds every minute or so, and then continues. I have rebooted twice. So I guess I need to figure out what is happening there. Thanks again. I will just start another thread.