PDA

View Full Version : Found this Your welcome

berserker134
10-02-2012, 12:22 AM
For those who R a bit confused by the new free running system here is a part of an article i just read "Moving through the forest proved to be smooth enough, with only a few trip ups here and there. Ubisoft has simplified the movement controls by getting rid of the dreaded ‘assassin’s claw’ and assigning the right trigger as the freerun button. Simply, hold the trigger and Connor will shuffle up ledges, branches, or whatever you as well vault over any other obstacle in your way. Previous games were notorious for having the player hop from roof to roof during a heated chase only to shoot the character suddenly in another direction as if jerked by an invisible wire. The real culprit was the need to constantly press the B (or circle) button to leap. Freeing up your right thumb to look around solves this problem in an elegant way. Thankfully, Connor wasn’t prone to spazzing out and was sure of foot in woodland and city alike."

so yeah it looks like the free running is inplemented in just one button wich is (R1/RT) it also says leaping is in one separate button wich is ( circle O/B) its actually very simple than what used to think if you want the full article click in the link >>>http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2012/09/24/i-incited-a-revolution-in-assassins-creed-3s-single-player/

LoyalACFan
10-02-2012, 12:26 AM
\Previous games were notorious for having the player hop from roof to roof during a heated chase only to shoot the character suddenly in another direction as if jerked by an invisible wire. The real culprit was the need to constantly press the B (or circle) button to leap.

Yeah... no. This was never an issue unless you were terrible at the game.

But whatever, new controls are fine...

MRsmith1994
10-02-2012, 12:30 AM
umm link isnt working

berserker134
10-02-2012, 12:33 AM
hmmmmm thats weird

rileypoole1234
10-02-2012, 12:34 AM
Link doesn't work, and I also don't understand why everybody suddenly hates the old free running system. I mean, I'm glad they're changing it, but the old one wasn't bad at all.

MT4K
10-02-2012, 12:36 AM
I fixed the link in the OP for you :D.

rileypoole1234
10-02-2012, 12:47 AM
I like that the article mentions Naval missions happening off coast of Boston all the down to Florida. Nobody believed me when I said that a while ago...

berserker134
10-02-2012, 12:47 AM
Thank you

NOLA_Assassin
10-02-2012, 01:27 AM
I like that the article mentions Naval missions happening off coast of Boston all the down to Florida. Nobody believed me when I said that a while ago...

I BELIEVED YOU!

And thank you!

Evenesque
10-02-2012, 02:10 AM
Article could've used some editing, but otherwise informative.

I don't understand why all of a sudden when Ubisoft describes the "assassin's claw," which i've never heard referred to ever, it's made out to be something that was an actual problem.

I've never heard anyone complain about it. Not one friend, not one reviewer, never. It never even ocurred to me until the video where Alex mentions it. Personally I'm a fan of the new system, cause it lets me move the camera around and I'm always doing that in games like RDR, but I'd have to warp my fingers around to do it. It wasn't a problem in AC before because when I was free-running, I was going forward, so that's where I looked all the time.

TheDanteEX
10-02-2012, 02:53 AM
The previous controls worked well for the games up until now, but maybe it didn't quite work for AC3. I'm sure the camera will come in handy more often in the Frontier, so we need our thumbs free to control it. Also, I hope by pressing B or circle to leap, you have to be holding the right trigger. I still want to be able to slowly drop down from the edge of a branch or building.

Layytez
10-02-2012, 02:57 AM
I didn't enjoy randomly jumping in another direction. This is a plus for me.

LoyalACFan
10-02-2012, 03:01 AM
The previous controls worked well for the games up until now, but maybe it didn't quite work for AC3. I'm sure the camera will come in handy more often in the Frontier, so we need our thumbs free to control it. Also, I hope by pressing B or circle to leap, you have to be holding the right trigger. I still want to be able to slowly drop down from the edge of a branch or building.

Um... You press X/A to jump. Circle/B has nothing to do with it. You can still drop down from ledges.

HorTyS
10-02-2012, 03:04 AM
I haven't played an Assassin's Creed game since beating Revelations*, so maybe I don't remember the controls but wasn't jumping always on A/X? They had that whole "puppeteer" vibe where bottom button was legs, X/square was weapon hand, B/O was free hand, Y/triangle was head (eagle vision) right? I don't remember ever jumping with B...

*(that game left me a little soured on AC & I've resisted playing it again so AC3 feels as fresh as possible)