PDA

View Full Version : Point of "no return" on Assassin's Creed 1

thelegendaryX
10-01-2012, 10:17 PM
This is my second time playing the game, so I know you can always come back to your flag-hunting or what have you after beating it. But if I remember correctly, this means restarting a Block, and restarting a Block means having to sit through one of Mualim's boring speeches plus having to run out of Masyaf each and every time you load your game. And I'd like to avoid that this time. So I was wondering if anyone knew the exact point at which your game is virtually corrupted. Is it when you take the job to hunt down Robert de Sable, or can you still free roam everywhere even after talking to his decoy? I mean, I'm fairly certain the beginning of Block 7 is too late... right?

I wanted every district of every city available, but to keep the ability to turn off the game after finding a flag or killing a Templar in Acre (for instance) and still be there in Acre when I load the game later.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Calvarok
10-02-2012, 12:45 AM
Pretty sure if you just load the investigation for a place in Acre you'll load in there.

thelegendaryX
10-02-2012, 12:56 AM
Pretty sure if you just load the investigation for a place in Acre you'll load in there.

Not sure what you mean. After you beat the game, isn't the only option you're given which Block to start again (from its beginning)? Memory's a bit fuzzy on this, sorry.

Jexx21
10-02-2012, 12:57 AM
The point of no return is the sequence in which you talk to King Richard and kill a bunch of Templars including robert.

thelegendaryX
10-02-2012, 02:49 AM
The point of no return is the sequence in which you talk to King Richard and kill a bunch of Templars including robert.

So, even after I talk to the decoy, I can roam ANYWHERE in the game without starting this battle? I can't remember, how/where do I initiate the sequence? Not trying to annoy you people; I'm going for "thorough" ;)

And Calvarok, I think I know what you meant now. While I didn't realize you could choose which part of a Block to start at (Helpful info, thanks!), it still wouldn't allow me to start in any city with all districts of every city and all equipment/skills unlocked.

Jexx21
10-02-2012, 02:58 AM
Well, it's either that or before you meet Maria.. I'm not sure to be honest.

GreatBeyonder
10-02-2012, 04:10 AM
The point of no return is after you meet Maria and talk to Malik. That's when you're able to roam anywhee you please, but once you go to Arsuf, you're forced to play through until you kill Robert. Al-Mualim's fight is a seperate memory altogether.

thelegendaryX
10-02-2012, 05:24 AM
The point of no return is after you meet Maria and talk to Malik. That's when you're able to roam anywhee you please, but once you go to Arsuf, you're forced to play through until you kill Robert. Al-Mualim's fight is a seperate memory altogether.

So just to clarify, I can meet Maria and even talk to Malik. Then everything will be open and stay that way until I travel to Arsuf. Then, after killing Robert, I can explore everywhere same as before, except Masyaf? Or does it take me to Masyaf automatically after killing Robert?

GreatBeyonder
10-02-2012, 08:35 AM
So just to clarify, I can meet Maria and even talk to Malik. Then everything will be open and stay that way until I travel to Arsuf. Then, after killing Robert, I can explore everywhere same as before, except Masyaf? Or does it take me to Masyaf automatically after killing Robert?

I wrote you a timeline. Hope it helps out.

Fight Maria->Talk to Malik->DO AS YOU PLEASE->Arsuf->Fight Robert->Exit Animus->Desmond time->Enter Animus->Fight Al-Mualim->Exit Animus->Watch Eagle Vision credits->Now you have nothing to do but replay memories in the Animus.

thelegendaryX
10-02-2012, 01:48 PM
I wrote you a timeline. Hope it helps out.

Fight Maria->Talk to Malik->DO AS YOU PLEASE->Arsuf->Fight Robert->Exit Animus->Desmond time->Enter Animus->Fight Al-Mualim->Exit Animus->Watch Eagle Vision credits->Now you have nothing to do but replay memories in the Animus.

Lol, thanks. I'll assume that you have no options but to press on with the story after defeating Robert.

Thanks to everyone for your help! It'll save me a lot of time in TRYING to get all those **** flags!