PDA

View Full Version : Naration mode update request

LostSoul 301281
10-01-2012, 08:21 PM
I've recently finished playing through all the games from Assassin's Creed to Revelations and one thing has stuck out to me.
AC as a whole needs some kind of mode that allows you play through each and every game without the need to redo everything you've previously done.

I came up with an idea for a "narration mode" that would allow just such a thing.

Narration Mode would allow players to play through the story with everything they gained from their original save automatically given to them as the memories progress.
In the simplest terms, Narration Mode would be like entering replays of completed memories, but instead of dropping back to the DNA menu after completing each memory, you'd be able to carry on as if you were starting the game from scratch, with the exception of having access to everything you originally unlocked.
Basically the equivalent of New Game+.

Here's how it would work for each game so far.

Assassin's Creed
Pretty simple one here as there are no shops, armor, weapons, paintings etc. to buy along the way.
There would be no need to go to every view point, as activating one would activate all in the district.
This action would also unlock all previously completed citizen rescues, killed Templars and flags collected, and any additional sync/health blocks associated.

Assassin's Creed 2
Just like AC1, activating one view point will activate all view points within the district/city, and any feathers previously collected would be automatically gained, as well as any previously discovered glyphs.
Monteriggioni would gain previously acquired upgrades after all initial renovations were completed.
All weapons, extra pouches and paintings previously bought would automatically appear at the villa once they became available through the course of the story.
All armor will upgrade and automatically appear on Ezio as it becomes available through the course of the story.
Codex pages and Assassin tombs would still need to be collected/completed as they are part of the main story.

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood
This is where Narration Mode becomes a real time saver and helps you concentrate on the story.
Once you burn the first Borgia tower in a district not only will all previously burned towers and activated view points be burned/activated but all shops and landmarks previously bought, as well as any feathers and flags collected will all be gained.
Once all citizens are saved and all available recruit blocks filled, all assassins previously recruited will have one mission to complete to become a full assassin.
All weapons, extra pouches and paintings previously bought(including anything gained through shop quests) will automatically unlock at the assassin HQ as they become available through the course of the story.
All armor will upgrade and automatically appear on Ezio as it becomes available through the course of the story.
The lairs of Romulus will still need to be completed if you wish to acquire the armor of Brutus.
All previously completed guild challenges will also be automatically unlocked/completed as and when they become available.

Assassin's Creed Revelations
Much like Brotherhood, this will also make getting on with the story more straight forward.
Once you take back an assassin den, all dens and view points previously gained in that district will automatically be unlocked, all shops and landmarks previously bought will automatically be gained as well as giving you any data fragments previously collected.
Once all citizens are saved, all assassins previously recruited will have one mission to complete to become a full assassin/master, and all recruits assigned to cities throughout the Mediterranean defense will also be gained. Although this mini game can still be played to keep each city's percentage up.
All weapons, extra pouches and books(including special books gained) previously bought will automatically unlock at the assassin HQ as they become available through the course of the story.

As I said, in the simplest terms, Narration Mode is a lot like New Game+ in the sense that it piggy-backs off of your original save and allows you immediate access to everything you earned the first time around as they become available throughout the normal course of the story, without the need to grind it out and collect everything all over again.
Would it be possible for Ubisoft to update all current AC titles with this mode?

connor_bg
10-01-2012, 08:52 PM
Let it be AC not Darksiders 2.
I mean the equipment from the AC games that you gain like weapons and armor, are not actually a big part to whatever you are going to take a damage, or in case with the weapons- the stats of the weapons from AC2 to ACR don't actually change anything crucial... The viewpoints are pointless to be unlocked too since you already know where to go.

The Darksiders 2 however had an actual reason (reasons) that this game mode was available, like leveling up to 30 level, upgrading the possessed weapons and gaining access to wave 76+ in the arena mode, and unlocking the Wicked boss to lock your game success at 100%.

Previous AC games don't have anything from collectables that is crucial to the player's progress, and the mode itself to be created has to have additional missions (like the wave unlock and the final boss, plus weapon availablity only for the new game+), but that would take resources to do, and the games are vintages, so i don't think it will be profitable for Ubi to do such a thing.

But i must agree with you that they should make AC1 and AC2 missions to be replayed.

LostSoul 301281
10-02-2012, 07:51 PM
Personally, I just like to have the best equipment available for the story so I don't have too much of a hard time.

At the very least, it would be nice to have everything I've previously earned(mostly shops and viewpoints) immediately available as I'm playing the story.
I feel it isn't complete if I can't see the whole map, and I like to have the cash to buy better armour and weapons, as well as having my recruits fully trained to help me.
Those are the main three things I feel I need to do before really getting on with the story.
All viewpoints and shops, and all my recruits.