PDA

View Full Version : What do you want to be answered? (Previous AC Games Spoilers)

roostersrule2
10-01-2012, 11:22 AM
We all know AC3 will provide some Revelations (see what I did there) on what has happened in the past games and with people like Corey May saying some things will be left unanswered to make way for future games, this thread is to discuss what they may or may not answer. I believe they should answer everything to do with S16 and most of the TWCB story but leave some of it for future games. The whole Templar controlling the world also has to be ended.

*Edit- Also the writing on the ground and walls in Abstergo.

Legendz54
10-01-2012, 11:36 AM
Things i want answered and elaborated on..

Lucy
TWCB
Subject 16
Danial Cross
Grand temple
Desmonds purpose and fate
How Connor ties into Desmond
Templars ultimate plan
Modern assassins HQ

pacmanate
10-01-2012, 01:10 PM

Lucy
TWCB
Subject 16
Danial Cross
Grand temple
Templars ultimate plan
Modern assassins HQ

Subject 16 is apparently done according to Alex.

infamous_ezio
10-01-2012, 01:32 PM
Subject 16 is apparently done according to Alex.

Alex said him and lucy will be reffered to though

POP1Fan
10-01-2012, 01:45 PM

Lucy
TWCB
Subject 16
Danial Cross
Grand temple
Templars ultimate plan
Modern assassins HQ

Revelations.

thekarlone
10-01-2012, 01:47 PM
I think that the issue of the glyphs needs a further explanation. Why those symbols and no others? What are their meanings? What do the messages written in blood mean?

LightRey
10-01-2012, 01:51 PM
Revelations.
Well, to be fair, we still don't know everything about TWCB and I would like to know what kind of role the end of the world plays in the plans of the Templars.

infamous_ezio
10-01-2012, 02:10 PM
Revelations.

Ok then..what about 16's truth file in ACB, from what we know, we were playing TLA as clay, meaning Desmond and the crew have no knowledge of lucy's betrayal, and from the dialogue in the ACR, shaun thinks desmond did it on purpose...

lucy and 16 will be elaborated on, alex confirmed it at eurogamer.

I think that the issue of the glyphs needs a further explanation. Why those symbols and no others? What are their meanings? What do the messages written in blood mean?

The symbols left on desmond's wall are all hints towards the end of the world, clay experienced so much during his time in the animus, his only way of telling this to desmond was to make glyphs explaining it

thekarlone
10-01-2012, 02:47 PM
The symbols left on desmond's wall are all hints towards the end of the world, clay experienced so much during his time in the animus, his only way of telling this to desmond was to make glyphs explaining it

Yes, I know that. I mean why to choose these symbols, Machu Picchu, Mandelbrot set, etc.

pacmanate
10-01-2012, 03:06 PM
Yes, I know that. I mean why to choose these symbols, Machu Picchu, Mandelbrot set, etc.

Yeah, why not just leave one file telling him instead of playing CLUEDO

infamous_ezio
10-01-2012, 03:15 PM

That's the mystery :D, i suppose they're trying incorporate every possible detail that they can to make a connection with history, which i think is pretty cool..
and remember 16 was crazy from his over exposure to the animus

thekarlone
10-01-2012, 03:39 PM
I love this kind of mysteries, but ACIII is the moment to solve them all (the glyphs). I don't want something like "take your answers", I want something like "take more clues to solve it by yourself while you complete the game".

twenty_glyphs
10-01-2012, 06:22 PM

I want this answered more than anything (if you couldn't tell from my username). Patrice even hinted about us finding out the meanings eventually in an interview from more than 3 years ago: http://www.joystiq.com/2009/06/10/interview-assassins-creed-2-creative-director-patrice-desilet/

Oh yeah? Well, you know, everything on the walls will be explained eventually. It was a message. In the first game, the thing at the end wasn't about the second game. The guy who wrote that on the wall wasn't like, "Hey gamers, I'm telling you where we're going next!" That's not the point.

It's not linear?

It has nothing to do with Assassin's Creed 2. What's written on the wall has to do with the Assassin's Creed universe, not the second one.

The glyphs and other writings on the wall seem to hint at the end of the world plot, Abstergo's satellite plot and Desmond's fate. Why did Subject 16 choose those symbols and phrases? When Desmond activated the Apple in Juno's Temple at the end of Brotherhood, the Apple projected those same glyphs in addition to the Abstergo logo. Since The Lost Archive showed us a conversation between Juno and Subject 16, it's pretty likely that she showed him the same glyphs.

So I want those glyphs explained, since they must have been chosen with specific meanings. It worries me when they keep saying Subject 16's story is over. How can his story be over when the whole message he's been trying to deliver to Desmond still hasn't been revealed or explained? Surely The Truth video from AC2 and the conversation about Eve and "the sun... your son" in ACB were small hints towards Desmond's fate. Hopefully they just mean that Subject 16's personal story arc is finished -- he went crazy, hid glyphs, rifts and a copy of his consciousness in the Animus in order to deliver a message to Desmond and help Desmond regain consciousness after he fell into his coma. Hopefully the message he was delivering was really from TWCB, meaning it's bigger than just his personal story.

I love this kind of mysteries, but ACIII is the moment to solve them all (the glyphs). I don't want something like "take your answers", I want something like "take more clues to solve it by yourself while you complete the game".

I totally agree. I'd love to see a set of puzzles in AC3 that give us lots of clues, paintings, pictures and quotes from history and mythology that give us enough clues to solve most of the glyphs for ourselves. That way fans like us can dig deep into the meanings on our own without having to bombard casual fans with a long explanation.

infamous_ezio
10-01-2012, 06:47 PM
I want this answered more than anything (if you couldn't tell from my username). Patrice even hinted about us finding out the meanings eventually in an interview from more than 3 years ago: http://www.joystiq.com/2009/06/10/interview-assassins-creed-2-creative-director-patrice-desilet/

The glyphs and other writings on the wall seem to hint at the end of the world plot, Abstergo's satellite plot and Desmond's fate. Why did Subject 16 choose those symbols and phrases? When Desmond activated the Apple in Juno's Temple at the end of Brotherhood, the Apple projected those same glyphs in addition to the Abstergo logo. Since The Lost Archive showed us a conversation between Juno and Subject 16, it's pretty likely that she showed him the same glyphs.

So I want those glyphs explained, since they must have been chosen with specific meanings. It worries me when they keep saying Subject 16's story is over. How can his story be over when the whole message he's been trying to deliver to Desmond still hasn't been revealed or explained? Surely The Truth video from AC2 and the conversation about Eve and "the sun... your son" in ACB were small hints towards Desmond's fate. Hopefully they just mean that Subject 16's personal story arc is finished -- he went crazy, hid glyphs, rifts and a copy of his consciousness in the Animus in order to deliver a message to Desmond and help Desmond regain consciousness after he fell into his coma. Hopefully the message he was delivering was really from TWCB, meaning it's bigger than just his personal story.

I totally agree. I'd love to see a set of puzzles in AC3 that give us lots of clues, paintings, pictures and quotes from history and mythology that give us enough clues to solve most of the glyphs for ourselves. That way fans like us can dig deep into the meanings on our own without having to bombard casual fans with a long explanation.

This. It annoys me to think that they will just forget about subject 16,what about the truth? what was he trying to tell Desmond? what was his purpose, in revelations he did live up to his purpose, he has to pass this message on to desmond... but the message is still completely unclear...

Layytez
10-01-2012, 06:56 PM
Everything S16 related. We had no explaination for that truth video whats so ever and "The Sun...YOUR Son" "Eden. She..Eve. In Eden. Find Eve. The key...her DNA ." What the **** does this mean ?

infamous_ezio
10-02-2012, 02:44 PM
pretty much...

BeCk41
10-02-2012, 04:28 PM
I want some fraggin closure on Lucy! It's the only thing that has bothered me since Brotherhood. Why did she have to die? Did Minerva want Desmond to go in the animus and save her? (only she remains to be found) You can't just introduce an amazing character and then take her away without any conclusion to her story (the Lost Archive DLC wasn't enough closure for me). The second would be to clear up what the templar's true plans are, and what Vidic is really after because I can't seem to quite get it. Lastly, would be Desmond's final conclusion. I'd really like to see his Assassin skills in the real world and out of the animus for a change.

IWGCJoeCool
10-02-2012, 08:36 PM
i'm pretty curious about Lucy too, but i figure she really was a traitor somehow, and hope it's cleared up in AC3.

beyond that, curious where a second trilogy, with extras will go. i came late to this party, and am right in the middle of AC2.....but i watched play-thrus of of B and R along the way. just today, during a Glyph revelal, 16 mentioned Gettysburg, so it would be real possible to stay in the 1100's thru the 19th century, encased in another overalll theme.

Ezio Calmo

LightRey
10-02-2012, 08:38 PM
She was clearly a traitor. We have conclusive evidence of that.

Escappa
10-02-2012, 08:50 PM
How Lucy got her left ring-finger back in AC:2 ;)

Seriously though, what evidence do you mean LightRey? (except the DLC from AC:R, witch doesn't proof that Lucy isn't a tripple-agent or something)

LightRey
10-02-2012, 08:58 PM
How Lucy got her left ring-finger back in AC:2 ;)

Seriously though, what evidence do you mean LightRey? (except the DLC from AC:R, witch doesn't proof that Lucy isn't a tripple-agent or something)
Eh, yes it does. Lucy left a message to Clay clearly stating she disagrees with William, is betraying Clay and not helping him get out like they planned, and siding with the Templars, saying they have it right.

De Filosoof
10-02-2012, 09:05 PM

This !!

RatonhnhakeFan
10-02-2012, 09:56 PM
I want the entire 2012/Desmond plot resolved. Cliffhangers won't cut it this time Ubi...

dxsxhxcx
10-02-2012, 10:03 PM

I don't think they'll go that far and explain the meaning of the symbols he used but if at least his message from the ACB glyphs don't be explained (and with a direct explanation, to doesn't leave any doubt about its meaning) in AC3, they should delay the release of the game until next year and write the story again, because if all that mystery around his character during all these years meant nothing (because IMO his character was reduced to nothing in ACR), all the writers who were responsible for his story should be fired...

platnumskullz
10-02-2012, 10:07 PM
Sorry for my ignorance, I was curious as to know about the situation on recruitable assassins. Like are they still around, or is Conner gonna be a "lone wolf"?

RatonhnhakeFan
10-02-2012, 10:08 PM
Sorry for my ignorance, I was curious as to know about the situation on recruitable assassins. Like are they still around, or is Conner gonna be a "lone wolf"?
You will be able to recruit assassin and it seems like they have more unique personalities this time :D

freddie_1897
10-02-2012, 10:09 PM
do not be sorry for your ignorance, for only in your ignorance can you truly be happy.

De Filosoof
10-02-2012, 10:13 PM
I don't think they'll go that far and explain the meaning of the symbols he used but if at least his message from the ACB glyphs don't be explained (and with a direct explanation, to doesn't leave any doubt about its meaning) in AC3, they should delay the release of the game until next year and write the story again, because if all that mystery around his character during all these years meant nothing (because IMO his character was reduced to nothing in ACR), all the writers who were responsible for his story should be fired...

You know what i think?
I think they did away with the glyph stuff because of its controversy.

Hell, they even try to promote AC3 with rock the vote :nonchalance:.

The last thing they need is a game that questions the legitimacy of presidents and corporations but tries to promote presidential elections...

dxsxhxcx
10-02-2012, 10:35 PM
You know what i think?
I think they did away with the glyph stuff because of its controversy.

Hell, they even try to promote AC3 with rock the vote :nonchalance:.

The last thing they need is a game that questions presidents and corporations but tries to promote presidential elections...

I was talking about his final message in the ACB glyphs, the one where he talks about Eve.. I don't think the content of the glyphs that show us all the conspiracy around the world will be explained (unless these events become part of a game in those respective settings), they're just there to make the AC universe richer, but the cryptic messages he left, the truth video and specially the final message of the ACB glyphs should be properly explained in AC3...

Assassin_M
10-03-2012, 12:49 AM
I want to know if Lucy is dead or not, Also Why was she killed and was she really a templar ? No, I mean REALLY a templar ? No, I mean REALLY REAAAAAAALLY a Templar ? Oh and If she`s a natural Blonde..