PDA

View Full Version : Height and weight?

FirestarLuva
09-30-2012, 07:54 PM
From what I've seen from the games Ubi doesn't seem to care much about the height scale in AC, but I hope it'll finally be touched upon in AC3.
So far we know that both Altair and Desmond are 6'.
Ezio seemed very short compared to men in the games and he didn't seem to tower over women that much. They did make him a little taller in ACR though, so I don't know. My guess he is between 5'10 and 6'.
As for Connor, they have stated time and time again that he'll be heavier, bulkier, so in a sence taller than Altair, Ezio (whom they described as 'small men in a lot of armor') and Desmond. I think it's obvious that being taller he puts a lot of effort in running, parkour, climbing buildings, etc. so I doubt it's his attire that's making him look big, which doesn't have any armor at all. I can guess he is taller than 6' since I'm a 6-footer, about 6'1 myself despite I'm female and I know how much effort a person that height puts since we used to do parkour during PE at my old school and most of the people who were 6'1 and above had a hard time doing them, myself included.
Since Ubisoft did say they're staying true to mohawk culture I hope they did their research about Native Americans who lived around Canada, New York regions were considered tall, even present day natives are tall people too. On the contrary, all of them were over six feet, the males to be more precise, females were slightly shorter. From what we've seen in-game of Connor, so far he seems to be only taller or equal height to the people he meets, but he does seem to tower over most them a lot (ex. the part with Sam Adams in the 'Coming Home' trailer.') So, I'm putting my money on 6'2 or 6'3, though I'm going with 6'2 until the game comes out.

nitres15
09-30-2012, 07:56 PM
so... you´re saying he should be atleast 2 meters ?

HisSpiritLives
09-30-2012, 07:57 PM
My money on 7'3. :D

TheDanteEX
09-30-2012, 08:43 PM
SPOILER ALERT!!

Connor is actually Robert Wadlow's ancestor.

LoyalACFan
09-30-2012, 08:53 PM
Altair was 6' even according to the game manual. Ezio was roughly the same height, so I dunno why they're saying they were "small" guys; they would have been pretty big for their time periods. That said, I'm assuming Connor will be at least 6'3" or 6'4" and 210 lbs, considering how broad and muscular he is.

HisSpiritLives
09-30-2012, 09:27 PM
Altair was 6' even according to the game manual. Ezio was roughly the same height, so I dunno why they're saying they were "small" guys; they would have been pretty big for their time periods. That said, I'm assuming Connor will be at least 6'3" or 6'4" and 210 lbs, considering how broad and muscular he is.

Joke aside i dont think he will be that tall.

pacmanate
09-30-2012, 10:14 PM
Connor does look taller than other assassins but it could be the camera angles? He defo looks taller than Ezio though...

Jexx21
10-01-2012, 12:40 AM
There were people taller than Altair in AC1...

LoyalACFan
10-01-2012, 02:50 AM
There were people taller than Altair in AC1...

A ton of people were. Robert was like head and shoulders taller than him.

Jexx21
10-01-2012, 03:11 AM
Yea, it's kind of annoying honestly.. I don't think Altair was 6 feet tall, I think he was more like 5'8'' to 5'10''

Calvarok
10-01-2012, 04:51 AM
Atair and Ezio were meant to be tough, but not super-strong. They overpowered people, yes, but not through superior strength. It was their technique, the way they redirected attacks and used momentum and tools, and the speed at which they moved.

Slatersama
01-18-2013, 10:45 PM
Desmond is a 6 footer, that much is certain. Remember his first visit at the Auditore villa? He ''faced'' the ghost of ezio, who stood at the same height as Desmond did. And later on, while passing through the catacombs, there was at some point a mechanism which you activate with your hidden blade, if you go there fast enough you can do that simultaneously with Ezio's ghost, and it's clearly seen that they stand at the exact same height. I assume Connor to be a six footer as well, he is, as previously stated, tall, but not towering over other characters. But I'm certain about Desmond, Altair and Ezio - they all stand at 6 feet height. Human average height didn't change much during since the middle ages until today, even if there is any difference, it's slight. Also, in the ''Give me liberty or give me death'' trailer, as well as the E3 cinematic trailer, connor doesn't look so bulky, if he had the weight mentioned above in the posts, he'd simply break branches as he navigates through the tree canopy xD

FirestarLuva
01-18-2013, 11:16 PM
Desmond is a 6 footer, that much is certain. Remember his first visit at the Auditore villa? He ''faced'' the ghost of ezio, who stood at the same height as Desmond did. And later on, while passing through the catacombs, there was at some point a mechanism which you activate with your hidden blade, if you go there fast enough you can do that simultaneously with Ezio's ghost, and it's clearly seen that they stand at the exact same height. I assume Connor to be a six footer as well, he is, as previously stated, tall, but not towering over other characters. But I'm certain about Desmond, Altair and Ezio - they all stand at 6 feet height. Human average height didn't change much during since the middle ages until today, even if there is any difference, it's slight. Also, in the ''Give me liberty or give me death'' trailer, as well as the E3 cinematic trailer, connor doesn't look so bulky, if he had the weight mentioned above in the posts, he'd simply break branches as he navigates through the tree canopy xD

He didn't look bulky because in those trailers they used the earlier model of him, the leaner and skinnier one.
As for Desmond being 6'0, that's true. He seems a legit six footer. Altair, in the game manual of AC1 says he is 6'0 though it seems a little bit unusual. Ezio doesn't look 6'0 personally. On the Soul Calibur wiki Ezio is listed as a 5'9" and 6'0 with hood and robes. Also, in one of those IGN making videos, one of them said they made Connor bigger and bulkier apart from Altair and Ezio who were small guys in lots of armor. If they were both 6'0, I'd say they were pretty big for their time periods.
But, let's look at it from the devs point of view. I doubt when creating the characters height is the last thing on their mind. They can say Desmond is 6'0 and Connor 6'2 but still make them look the same, since it would be kinda wierd for Connor to tower over his enemies and everyone else. It's just, wierd, in my opinion.

Solaire---
07-22-2014, 09:11 AM
If you think properly then Altair would be around 4,7 - 5,5. Remember people were a lot small back then and average knight was around 5,4. As for Ezio i asked this question to one of the Dev's at Euro Gamer and he replied saying that it was a very wired question, but he likes wired and said around 5,7 -5,8.
As for Connor i guess you have to use your imagination. Average person was 5,6 in America at the 1700 and Connor was tall put not massive so i would say 5,8 -5,9.

And yes i did seriously ask that question to one of the Dev's.
I am a small person at age 15 and i was bulled a lot for my height so it was always on my mind.

DumbGamerTag94
07-22-2014, 03:02 PM
Who Cares? Why is this even a thread? How is this in any way even remotely relevant to anything?

Hans684
07-22-2014, 08:48 PM
There is no weight in this thread and my expectations isn't hight. While this thread exist, anyone interested in a midget Assassin? It might have lower quality but it's worth a shot.

SirTookTookIII
07-22-2014, 10:15 PM
I don't think Connor is as big as most people think. Compare his Assassin suit to his Kanienkehaka or prison outfit and hes a bit smaller. I'd imagine he wears armor under his Assassin outfit considering all of the bullets and what not

LieutenantRex
07-22-2014, 11:59 PM
As I've already said, all the assassins were pretty short, save Altair, who was the same height as Desmond.

Xstantin
07-23-2014, 12:02 AM
So how exactly is this a problem? They still get their job done :nonchalance:

poptartz20
07-23-2014, 01:32 AM
umm... this is an old topic. lol.

Either way I imagine Connor being 5'9 or taller honestly. Desmond falling somewhere in the same category, and Ezio falling in the 5'7-5'8 and Altair falling 5'6-5'7.

itsamea-mario
07-23-2014, 01:38 AM
If you think properly then Altair would be around 4,7 - 5,5. Remember people were a lot small back then and average knight was around 5,4. As for Ezio i asked this question to one of the Dev's at Euro Gamer and he replied saying that it was a very wired question, but he likes wired and said around 5,7 -5,8.
As for Connor i guess you have to use your imagination. Average person was 5,6 in America at the 1700 and Connor was tall put not massive so i would say 5,8 -5,9.

And yes i did seriously ask that question to one of the Dev's.
I am a small person at age 15 and i was bulled a lot for my height so it was always on my mind.

Do you realise how short 4'7" is?
Average height has varied extensively throughout history, and the actual range of heights was much larger than it is now, with their being a significant divide in the diets people ate, mostly when they were young. Altair being 6' isn't unreasonable.
As for connor, Europeans who went to the americas noted that the natives were generally bigger than they were. Mostly because of their lifestyle whilst they were young.

LieutenantRex
07-23-2014, 01:47 AM
Do you realise how short 4'7" is?
Average height has varied extensively throughout history, and the actual range of heights was much larger than it is now, with their being a significant divide in the diets people ate, mostly when they were young. Altair being 6' isn't unreasonable.
As for connor, Europeans who went to the americas noted that the natives were generally bigger than they were. Mostly because of their lifestyle whilst they were young.

This would be correct if Ezio, who was raised in a very wealthy family, was shorter than every single guard in the game, who mostly came from poor backgrounds.

itsamea-mario
07-23-2014, 01:59 AM
This would be correct if Ezio, who was raised in a very wealthy family, was shorter than every single guard in the game, who mostly came from poor backgrounds.

There is obviously a genetic factor as well...

Besides, Ezio wasn't that short, for the most part it was just because his outifit and armour made him seem wider.

mootez47
07-24-2014, 12:17 AM
there is nobody in this world that can decide some body else height you can do whatever you wanted to do and if you like it or not Ezio Auditore da Firenze is 175cm al pacino is 170 altair is 6 ft in he can be even taller you can do or be wherever you want to be if however you are too tall or too short 170 cm is tall in china and 185 is short in ireland and south africa and the numbers aren't true they can chang o increase or to decrease only the brave souls will stay thats nothing is true and everything is permitted in my religion which is the islam after death god will make everyone in the same height in the same age in the same clothes so they will be all equal and i repeat nothing of these lies that your brain telling is true everything is permitted

JustPlainQuirky
07-24-2014, 12:20 AM
Welcome to the forums :o

Jexx21
07-24-2014, 12:24 AM
Eseosa is 6'2"

SpiritOfNevaeh
07-24-2014, 12:45 AM
Eseosa is 6'2"

If thats the case, then Connor must be taller? I can't image him being shorter TBH.

I-Like-Pie45
07-24-2014, 02:11 AM
If thats the case, then Connor must be taller? I can't image him being shorter TBH.

go ask Noah what his height is

pacmanate
07-24-2014, 04:21 PM
Ezio and Desmond are both 6ft. It says in the AC2 manual...

shobhit7777777
07-24-2014, 04:39 PM
Yea, it's kind of annoying honestly.. I don't think Altair was 6 feet tall, I think he was more like 5'8'' to 5'10''

Yeah....I think thats the height range where Ezio, Altair, Eddie would fall into

The Assassins - except for Connor - don't strike me as big guys. Besides, weren't people relatively short around those times?

pacmanate
07-24-2014, 04:41 PM
Yeah....I think thats the height range where Ezio, Altair, Eddie would fall into

The Assassins - except for Connor - don't strike me as big guys. Besides, weren't people relatively short around those times?

Ezio wasnt between 5ft 8 -10, he was 6ft

shobhit7777777
07-24-2014, 05:28 PM
Ezio wasnt between 5ft 8 -10, he was 6ft

IDGAF

He looked 5'8"-5'9"

pacmanate
07-24-2014, 05:37 PM
IDGAF

He looked 5'8"-5'9"

How did you come to that conclusion that he "looked 5'8"?!

Jexx21
07-24-2014, 07:25 PM
who trusts manuals to be canonical these days?

LieutenantRex
07-25-2014, 02:54 AM

The AC2 manual is highly unreliable, as it was written by fans. If Ezio was 6 feet, then ALL the guards in the games were like 6'1 or 6'2, which is VERY unlikely due to the time period.

roostersrule2
07-25-2014, 03:03 AM
Written by fans?

Ezio is 6ft, as is Desmond.

The Mercenaries were taller to signify that they were strong. While a historical inaccuracy it was only like that to get a sense of feeling.

I'd say Connor was 6'2.

shobhit7777777
07-25-2014, 07:40 AM
How did you come to that conclusion that he "looked 5'8"?!

Batsense