PDA

View Full Version : Combat in deep snow

ckcam
09-30-2012, 11:59 AM
We already know that deep snow will impede Connor's movements. But do you think it'll change the combat, perhaps slowing it down or impeding Connor and his enemies during it?

Ielgon
09-30-2012, 12:03 PM
Good question! It would certainly make it look awkward and change the fluidity/speed if it does somehow hinder it. Maybe for that reason we won't be able to enter combat in snow? Connor will enter combat mode when there's guards/enemies who have seen him as soon as he comes near to them (it will be automatic), so maybe he just won't enter combat mode in deep snow and we'll be forced to run till we either lose them or find snow that's shallow enough to enter combat mode in?

NOLA_Assassin
09-30-2012, 12:19 PM
I have a feeling it won't be that different but it will cause some SERIOUS clipping issues.

ckcam
09-30-2012, 01:59 PM
So nothing but chases and firing lines in deep snow?

rileypoole1234
09-30-2012, 04:00 PM
I would think snow affects everything. Maybe it'll make Connor unable to counter attacks as quickly or something.

pacmanate
09-30-2012, 04:39 PM
Well they cant just not have guards not attack and vice versa. Otherwise you could just stand in deep snow and have a chat with the guards...

LoyalACFan
09-30-2012, 09:03 PM
Perhaps they could disable your kill streaks and only make you able to strafe, counter and shoot your pistols. That way you won't be able to do all kinds of crazy acrobatic moves, but still be able to fight.

imonthenet
10-01-2012, 03:11 AM
It would be pretty cool if they had an entirely different set of combat animations for deep snow. Less spins and rolls etc. and more just straight brutal bashing, perhaps jumping, but more bogged down.

Calvarok
10-01-2012, 04:33 AM
They gave Conner an hour of animations. That's a lot, if you consider that most animations are less than 5 seconds. I'd expect that some of that went into snow fighting. Especially since they talked about making fighting work on uneven terrain.