PDA

View Full Version : Desmond's Free-Running

Stroonzje
09-30-2012, 06:20 AM
I was watching the Eurogamer Expo and at around 16:40 it shows Desmond's parkour skills (including his victory twirling :P) where do you think he will be using this? Apart from actually getting into the temple. Does that mean we could be going to into a city for a reason..? The moves look really stylish aswell which im sure alot of people including me like :D

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olYAVbnmc4w&feature=player_embedded

Evenesque
09-30-2012, 07:36 AM
First of all, thank you oodles for posting this video. I seriously hope all of the things he's put on the screen are in the game, because if they are, he just told people about a **** load of things we didn't know before. Like Mohawk outfits, Silent Hunter level, Nine Man Morris tournaments and leagues, and the crafting bit seems to be talking about you getting animal pelts to make outfits. Holy crap lol.

Also, now we know where they rendered the first trailer from. And I may have to agree with one of the commenters about the target videos looking cooler than the actual game. It was obviously done on a PC though as a render, but the trees looked a lot more....dense. And Eagle Vision confirmed. First I've seen that.

OT: Desmond will probably have to parkour his way through another puzzle like the one at the end of Brotherhood, and probably also have to fight some fools who crash the party.

pacmanate
09-30-2012, 10:20 AM
There are already 3 threads about eurogamer and all of them have this video in it with people talking about Desmond. Andddddddd if you look at the achievements your question will be answered.

theshankpimp19
09-30-2012, 09:43 PM
Well on the leaked Acheivements/Trophy list, one of them is "Climb the sky scraper".
So...

Jexx21
09-30-2012, 11:06 PM
Sweets, we get to go to a city as Desmond. I really hope we can use a motorcycle.

reddragonhrcro
09-30-2012, 11:12 PM
Sweets, we get to go to a city as Desmond. I really hope we can use a motorcycle.

GTA:Assassins Creed LOL

Assassin_M
09-30-2012, 11:13 PM
GTA:Assassins Creed LOL
we need GUNZZZZZZZZZZ

Evenesque
09-30-2012, 11:21 PM
we need GUNZZZZZZZZZZ

Desmond could easily pull of a Ghost Recon stealth pistol kill.

But he'd probably whine while he did it.

Jexx21
10-01-2012, 12:37 AM
Desmond doesn't really whine.. in the Desmond gameplay it was an internal monologue, so that was self pity.

Anyway, he should turn to Sam Fisher for guidance.

Evenesque
10-01-2012, 01:15 AM
Desmond doesn't really whine.. in the Desmond gameplay it was an internal monologue, so that was self pity.

Anyway, he should turn to Sam Fisher for guidance.

He should turn to Michael Ironside for guidance. The new sam fisher has yet to prove himself.

Jexx21
10-01-2012, 01:23 AM
Wait, is Blacklist the same Sam Fisher from Conviction or is Blacklist a reboot?

kudos17
10-01-2012, 01:32 AM
Desmond could easily pull of a Ghost Recon stealth pistol kill.

But he'd probably whine while he did it.

Actually, since he's never had proper firearm training... But I'm sure he'd excel at neck-stabbing, so he's got that going for him.

Anyway, I'm glad Desmond has his own animations. It's even cooler that they're flashier. It just makes Desmond seem like he isn't in the shadow of his ancestors anymore, but that he knows what he's doing and brings his own style out. I hope that comes out in his combat too, if we have any.

Jexx21
10-01-2012, 01:33 AM
We're supposed to assassinate someone in the first 5 minutes of the game.. I'm thinking that it'll be with Desmond.

Evenesque
10-01-2012, 05:26 AM
Wait, is Blacklist the same Sam Fisher from Conviction or is Blacklist a reboot?

Blacklist Sam Fisher is a new actor. They got rid of Michael Ironside because he was too old to do the Mo-Cap. Blacklist itself is a sequel to Conviction.

OT: I'm hoping Desmond has his own unique way of moving. Not too dissimilar to Connor, but with enough variation to make it look like it's him running as a separate person and not a bleed-copy of the latest ancestor.

Calvarok
10-01-2012, 06:07 AM
Ironically, Conner will give Desmond at least some of his firearm training. He's had tons of time with throwing knives and crossbow and hidden gun, so he should be pretty competent. Modern guns would be even more accurate than anything he's used before. I hope he gets some out of animus training!

Kit572
10-01-2012, 06:20 AM
Ironically, Conner will give Desmond at least some of his firearm training. He's had tons of time with throwing knives and crossbow and hidden gun, so he should be pretty competent. Modern guns would be even more accurate than anything he's used before. I hope he gets some out of animus training!

Would sort of be cheating in the game though, won't you think? Connor's guns you could only use twice. With Desmond, he'll be using automatic pistols and be like *BLAM BLAM BLAM* shooting 20 times or so then reloading.

I don't want 3rd person COD, I wan't AC3 :D

Evenesque
10-01-2012, 06:30 AM

Just so you know, throwing knives aren't firearms. They're just projectiles.

But yea I hope somehow they logically exclude guns. The more I think about the desmond story arc, the less likely it feels he will be running around modern day open environments. I think he's just being trained for Minerva puzzles and escaping Templar authorities.

Kit572
10-01-2012, 06:36 AM
Just so you know, throwing knives aren't firearms. They're just projectiles.

But yea I hope somehow they logically exclude guns. The more I think about the desmond story arc, the less likely it feels he will be running around modern day open environments. I think he's just being trained for Minerva puzzles and escaping Templar authorities.

I hope we do something like... leap of faith off the empire state building in AC3. I have always wanted to do that in an AC game since the first game xD

pacmanate
10-01-2012, 01:13 PM
AC with modern guns... I can see it working/happening but it would be weird.

Mr_Shade
10-01-2012, 01:16 PM
There is already a few threads about Desmond and the eurogamer video...

Ones with spoiler warnings....

Guys, think before you post spoilers..

When release is close - we run a 'NO SPOILERS' rule - if you break it you get banned - simple..

So lets try and get used to it now..