PDA

View Full Version : Spoiling too much?

IceHot100
09-29-2012, 05:01 PM
Don't you guys think they are revealing a bit too much? I don't want it to end up like Revelations did. First the trophies (that's an exception because most games' trophies get leaked fast), then new spoiling gameplay vids like the boston tea party and then the Homestead and recently I saw a post about the residents of the Homestead. I know most of you're gonna say,"then why are you watching it?". Try to stop yourselves then? Not easy as it looks. My excitement is getting lesser and lesser as more videos are coming out and first I wanted a story trailer somewhere in mid october but I'd appreciate it more if they don't make one. So what are your opinions on it. Have they spoiled too much or is it okay?

rileypoole1234
09-29-2012, 05:04 PM
No, they've already told us that there are still some huge secrets. We don't know anything about Desmond/the whole modern day aspect yet. We also don't really know what will be happening in Connor's story-line yet either. What we've seen is like the description on the back of a book, and we've yet to read the whole thing.

Layytez
09-29-2012, 05:13 PM
That's how I felt at first but then I realised

I don't know anything about what is happening in todays time
I don't know why Desmond gets back into the Animus
I don't know how Connor will become an Assassin
I don't know how Desmond gets access into the Temple

And the list continues. There is so many things story based that we will don't know. The only thing they have really spoiled is the combat which isn't where the most exciting things come from.

TinyTemplar
09-29-2012, 05:54 PM
Ubisoft always spoil too much. I never watch such videos before game release. But even when I'm sitting quietly on the forum and do not watch all the video, users are often start spoiling without warning. That is annoying.

spoiler:
For example, I learned in which sequence Connor will get a scar, but I did not want to know it at all :nonchalance:

MetalCreed
09-29-2012, 06:25 PM
I'm with you on this but I think that the stuff we've seen is just a scratch of the surface
And I know for a mighty face that there's still a crapload of stuff to see-- there's even secrets we don't know. What else? Desmond's part has barely been revealed so I'm very glad. If anything I don't think I'll watch the story trailer. I was tempted to watch all of the new trailers but I only watched the shortest ones and the stuff I didn't see as spoilers. So I'm glad with the decision.

BBALive
09-29-2012, 06:28 PM
They're holding back a lot of things as well.

Ielgon
09-29-2012, 06:33 PM
I'll probably have to go dark in a week or so (quite a bit earlier than I had planned), since now there aren't really a lot of spoilers yet (just a lot of temptation to watch spoilery/too much videos) but in a while I guess people will assume everyone has seen each video up till that point which will cause their content to become normal things to bring up making all my efforts to not watch the spoilery (parts) of the videos useless.

TinyTemplar
09-29-2012, 06:43 PM
I'm with you on this but I think that the stuff we've seen is just a scratch of the surface

It is, but it hurts anyway

DoNNiEDaRkO50
09-29-2012, 07:14 PM
I haven't seen the preview videos or the eurogamer Demo I Think I won't watch any new video again
I hope .....

pacmanate
09-29-2012, 07:44 PM
Literally the only thing Ubisoft has shown me is how much of a brutal badass Connor is.

TinyTemplar
09-29-2012, 07:54 PM
Yeah, he is cutie :rolleyes:

LoyalACFan
09-29-2012, 09:58 PM
For example, I learned in which sequence Connor will get a scar, but I did not want to know it at all :nonchalance:

Wait, what? Where'd you hear that?

SPOILER

The general consensus on the boards is that he doesn't have one.

TinyTemplar
09-29-2012, 10:08 PM
There: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/716443-Lip-Scar?p=8611021&viewfull=1#post8611021

kudos17
09-29-2012, 10:54 PM
Ubisoft always spoil too much. I never watch such videos before game release. But even when I'm sitting quietly on the forum and do not watch all the video, users are often start spoiling without warning. That is annoying.

spoiler:

Considering we've seen his face in Sequence 6 without one, I'm gonna go ahead and call that rumour out as BS.

Assassin_M
09-29-2012, 10:56 PM
Considering we've seen his face in Sequence 6 without one, I'm gonna go ahead and call that rumour out as BS.
The Scar does not have to be on the Lip, though...

SteelCity999
09-29-2012, 11:05 PM
I'm sure Connor has lots of scars....

Spoliers are highly subjective. Ubi does have to market the game and nothing that they have released spoils the game in any way for me. They have highlighted gameplay elements and shown some gameplay. We are replaying historical events so its only a matter of which ones are in the game as well as which people. None of the overall story has been spoiled for Connor or Desmond.

TheDanteEX
09-30-2012, 01:40 AM
If anything, it's the fans here on the forum that shove the spoilers right in your face. Spoilers would be much easier to avoid if they weren't in every other topic. Getting hard to avoid. ;) No problems to the ones making them, I would just suggest not getting out of hand with analyzing and speculating as they can create possible spoilers.

LoyalACFan
09-30-2012, 03:16 AM
The Scar does not have to be on the Lip, though...

This. In some screenshots, he appears to have one on his right cheek. But yeah, I didn't see any in Sequence 6. I guess it could have been edited out of the facial model for the demo, but it seems like a lot of effort to cover up such a small spoiler.

Assassin_M
09-30-2012, 03:20 AM
This. In some screenshots, he appears to have one on his right cheek. But yeah, I didn't see any in Sequence 6. I guess it could have been edited out of the facial model for the demo, but it seems like a lot of effort to cover up such a small spoiler.
He could`v been attacked by a Bear at sequence 3, Maybe beaten by some Colonists, taken Prisoner. The Possibilities vary..

SteelCity999
09-30-2012, 03:21 AM
He could`v been attacked by a Bear at sequence 3, Maybe beaten by some Colonists, taken Prisoner. The Possibilities vary..

Cut himself shaving...

LoyalACFan
09-30-2012, 03:39 AM
Cut himself shaving...

Indeed. When you shave with a tomahawk, accidents happen.