PDA

View Full Version : What is your general opinion on spoilers......

Rogue Agent 035
09-28-2012, 09:50 PM
OK...., Now I realize most ppl hate them with a passion an that's ok, but in the over scheme of things, does it really matter that much as to how much of any particular thing you see or decide (NOT) to see will make that much difference in yer potential buying/not buying,playing/not playing of any particular game. Myself personal, it make no difference what so ever. As I have a wife an 2 14month old baby girls at home an won't remember in a months time what it was I saw 30 days prior. A perfect example of this are the "Leaked" an genuinely released gameplay an cutscene vids that have been put out over the past week, even today I saw the stream of the Wolcott Bunker walkthrough, an while watching the various ppl behind the controls run through the mission, I never once truly paid any attention to the cutscenes, I mainly looked for ways to possibly (an w/o any sucess) ghost the mission. I mainly looked at what the mission constraints an perameters were, the fastest way to take out the guards w/o being spotted, the possible easiest way to get through some of the tougher guards an still meet the mission requirements, etc. things of that nature. An even though as I said, I personally have no problems with spoilers, I thought I'd open this fer discussion an get some feedback on what you guys think.

Rogue Agent 035

xXRyzonXx
09-28-2012, 09:54 PM
Spoilers are Spoilerish!

Enough Said!

freddie_1897
09-28-2012, 09:56 PM
i don't like spoilers because it takes away from the experience of the game. i feel hype up towards the games release, once i get the game i feel hype up until the ending, i don't want that hype taken away by some arsehole who thinks its okay

Umbra_Blade
09-28-2012, 10:02 PM
Most people are either not that fussed about spoilers or avoid them at all costs, I personally am on the fence about them, I don't mind spoilers that talk about the little things in the game, but when it comes to story spoilers, they are a BIG no-no. But people should be warned about the presence of spoilers, regardless of the poster's view. As that is just basic common courtesy that should be shown to all (i know that wasn't really what you were on about, but it needed to be said :p)

Rogue Agent 035
09-28-2012, 10:15 PM
Most people are either not that fussed about spoilers or avoid them at all costs, I personally am on the fence about them, I don't mind spoilers that talk about the little things in the game, but when it comes to story spoilers, they are a BIG no-no. But people should be warned about the presence of spoilers, regardless of the poster's view. As that is just basic common courtesy that should be shown to all (i know that wasn't really what you were on about, but it needed to be said :p)

Well said, an I agree that story spoilers are the biggest enemy of us "Story Based" gamers, but to me...., gameplay spoilers are alright only when it give you a better understanding of the control layout an what to either do or NOT do in a given sequence/section.

Assassin_M
09-28-2012, 10:17 PM
I watch everything Ubisoft throws at us. Sometimes I regret it, though. which was the case in Revelations, but, due to reading the achievements, I have more confidence that the Devs will give me more surprises this time around..

I go dark 14 days before release. Done it for AC II, ACB and ACR. worked like a charm, never had the ending spoiled for me:p

ACfan443
09-28-2012, 10:22 PM
I hate spoilers, but my terrible will power always leads to me to view them, then I massively regret it and hate myself.

INDIANA_PRIDE
09-28-2012, 10:28 PM
Hate em!

rileypoole1234
09-28-2012, 10:29 PM
I honestly don't mind them as long as they don't spoil anything that shouldn't be known before the game comes out. For example, I read the achievement list for AC3, and I don't think any of the achievements classify as a major or even minor spoiler. I don't feel like I'll enjoy the game less by reading them. On the other side of that coin, spoiling the end of ACB on these Forums (which someone sadly did) is like the same thing as a breach in national security.

freddie_1897
09-28-2012, 10:32 PM
I hate spoilers, but my terrible will power always leads to me to view them, then I massively regret it and hate myself.

PM me every time you are getting the urge to look at spoilers and ill negotiate with you like your about to commit suicide

Rogue Agent 035
09-28-2012, 11:38 PM
I honestly don't mind them as long as they don't spoil anything that shouldn't be known before the game comes out. For example, I read the achievement list for AC3, and I don't think any of the achievements classify as a major or even minor spoiler. I don't feel like I'll enjoy the game less by reading them. On the other side of that coin, spoiling the end of ACB on these Forums (which someone sadly did) is like the same thing as a breach in national security.

See...., I did the exact same thing, read the achievements only looking for the number of Multiplayer Achievement as I am still chasing that coveted 1000GS for an AC series game since ac 1 an 2, but to be honest never looked hard enough to see any spoilers.

Rogue Agent 035
09-29-2012, 02:29 AM
OK..., this is a totally un-related question but still falls into the same category so watch that I'm referring to at yer own risk Possible SPOILER), but could someone kindly guide me to where there's a list of the voice actors cause the voice of the peg-leged man in the doorway is driving me up a wall as I feel as though I've heard that voice before from a TV show I use to watch I've posted a link below an as I said it could quite possibly be in spoiler territory so "WATCH AT YER OWN RISK" Stay safe assassins :D

http://youtu.be/blQtMlLwUN4 the voice I'm referring to starts at 3:09, it sounds like Roger Arron Brown an american actor

Rogue Agent 035

kriegerdesgottes
09-29-2012, 02:32 AM
They really don't bother me. I don't really get what the big deal is. I mean I can kind of understand you want to play it first and that's fine but to me it makes no difference whether I am seeing it on youtube or on my tv on October 30th.

roostersrule2
09-29-2012, 02:37 AM
I don't care about gameplay spoilers but if it has to do with the story then I hate them.

goldiron
09-29-2012, 03:29 AM
spoilers don't seem to affect me much I would need a gameplay video or several images to along with the spoiler.

monster_rambo
09-29-2012, 04:00 AM

I read the achievement list too. Now it is biting me in the ***. I want to forget that I have seen the achievement list but the more I try to, the more I'm incline to remembering it. Hopefully, this doesn't ruin my experience when I play the game. Any tips on maintaining that level of enthusiasm without the regretful feeling from seeing the achievement list?

Rogue Agent 035
09-29-2012, 05:09 AM
I read the achievement list too. Now it is biting me in the ***. I want to forget that I have seen the achievement list but the more I try to, the more I'm incline to remembering it. Hopefully, this doesn't ruin my experience when I play the game. Any tips on maintaining that level of enthusiasm without the regretful feeling from seeing the achievement list?

Well...., The only advice I can give fer fergettin what u saw an read is get old like me (35yrs is old but I feel it memory wise sometime :cool:) an develop brain damage as I did yrs ago :rolleyes: Just kiddin on the last part, but seriously not much ya can do, aside from occupying yer mind with other stuf an maybe overwrite what you saw/seen.

LoyalACFan
09-29-2012, 08:18 AM
As long as it isn't a HUGE story spoiler, I'm not really too concerned about them. The Fort Wolcott mission didn't bother me a bit.

HisSpiritLives
09-29-2012, 09:14 AM
I like them in a way,not too much but i am sure they didnt spoil anything for AC3 and there are soo more secrets expect Naval which is i think 70 % spoiled.

ACfan443
09-29-2012, 09:39 AM
PM me every time you are getting the urge to look at spoilers and ill negotiate with you like your about to commit suicide

Great idea! :P