PDA

View Full Version : ‘Assassin’s Creed 3’ DLC delves into ‘WTF’ territory

im3jia
09-28-2012, 08:04 PM
Assassin's Creed 3 will feature DLC that aims to address the game's weirdest narrative aspects, reports Eurogamer.

At the Eurogamer Expo, director Alex Hutchinson touched on the sometimes odd nature of the Assassin's Creed storyline and the upcoming DLC made to explain it.

"We know that not everyone will buy it," Hutchinson told Eurogamer. "So it's the 'what the f*ck' chunk of the story that, if you missed it, the next game will still make sense."

The game's animation director, Jonathan Cooper, added, "You'll never guess what it is."

Assassin's Creed 3 will also feature the franchise's first ever DLC season pass. Included content has not yet been announced. According to Hutchinson, the team is still undecided as to where to "draw in the line in various chunks" of the story.

"It's that early that we haven't decided," said Hutchinson. "And unlike some people we really don't start work on it until the game is finished. It's not on the disc."

http://www.theverge.com/gaming/2012/9/28/3424002/assassins-creed-3-dlc-delves-into-wtf-territory

pacmanate
09-28-2012, 08:12 PM
Whattt this is crazy. Also won't buy the season pass if its mostly multiplayer DLC.

freddie_1897
09-28-2012, 09:55 PM
an unexpected DLC?

we're going to london folks! we're going to dress up as transvestites and murder chavs

btw i'm allowed to say this because i live in london, and was born here, therefore i am not being offensive,

Assassin_M
09-28-2012, 09:58 PM
n

an unexpected DLC?

we're going to london folks! we're going to dress up as transvestites and murder chavs

btw i'm allowed to say this because i live in london, and was born here, therefore i am not being offensive,
NO NO NO

BURN IN HELL, TRAITOR !!

LeoMessi10i
09-28-2012, 10:00 PM
The game's animation director, Jonathan Cooper, added, "You'll never guess what it is."

Oh Jonathan... IT´S THE KRAKEN! ... i said it. ;)

freddie_1897
09-28-2012, 10:01 PM
n

NO NO NO

BURN IN HELL, TRAITOR !!
but Eddie Izzard is our ally!

monster_rambo
09-28-2012, 10:02 PM
Anyone care to fill me in on what is a DLC season pass? Is this some bullsh** where you pay for a DLC and you can only play it for a few months and you have to keep paying in order to play the content. Hope is not some call of duty ****.

xXRyzonXx
09-28-2012, 10:08 PM
"And unlike some people we really don't start work on it until the game is finished. It's not on the disc."

I hate it when dlc is on the disc.

freddie_1897
09-28-2012, 10:10 PM
"And unlike some people we really don't start work on it until the game is finished. It's not on the disc."

I hate it when dlc is on the disc.
pisses me off

PISSES ME OFF

Dralight
09-28-2012, 10:16 PM
Anyone care to fill me in on what is a DLC season pass? Is this some bullsh** where you pay for a DLC and you can only play it for a few months and you have to keep paying in order to play the content. Hope is not some call of duty ****.

It's a one time purchase that gives you access to every DLC (or a certain amount if it's specified) when they come out, so it's basically like pre-purchasing a bunch of DLC.

swiftkinfe
09-28-2012, 11:12 PM
My guess since the introduction of Daniel Cross I think maybe that. Although Desmond might has a confrontation with him during AC3 if we consider the achievement criss cross. This may be a play on Cross switching sides to help Desmond somehow. If it is Daniel we already have a semi established character ( I mean semi due to the comics and mention in multiplayer) Cross could possibly play a templar gam hunting the modern assassins. At least thats my guess. If it is really WTF TOWCB?

MetalCreed
09-28-2012, 11:31 PM
Desmond fighting off Templars in the present timeline

kudos17
09-29-2012, 12:58 AM
I hope they don't mean "WTF" like out-of-place... I really like the fact that Assassin's Creed is pseudo-reality. I wouldn't like it if they went, "BUT GAIZ WHAT IF ALIENS EXISTED AND CAME DOWN AS GIANT NATIVE AMERICANS AND DESTROYED AMERICA!!!!1111one1!!!"

I hope they just mean it capitalizes on a strange aspect of history itself. Even the fictitious Kraken would be preferable to something exceedingly ridiculous.

Escappa
09-29-2012, 01:10 AM
Maybe a DLC that shows us how the assassins are able to go pee-pee in those costumes. ( Maybe an unimportant detail, but I have seriously thought about that since ACII ).

Jexx21
09-29-2012, 01:16 AM
Err.. all of the assassins are wearing pants...

Escappa
09-29-2012, 01:23 AM
Err.. all of the assassins are wearing pants...

Yeah but I mean c'mon that's just impossible:

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20101109221426/assassinscreed/images/7/7a/Char_ezio.png

NOLA_Assassin
09-29-2012, 03:36 AM
Kraken

Kaschra
09-29-2012, 03:40 AM
My first thought was something about the First Civilization :I

rileypoole1234
09-29-2012, 03:42 AM
an unexpected DLC?

Honestly I would quite like that. An AC in London is my dream...

LoyalACFan
09-29-2012, 08:25 AM
My first thought was something about the First Civilization :I

Yeah, me too. Maybe a sequence where you play as Adam or Eve escaping Eden and showing what all that was like.

SaintPerkele
09-29-2012, 09:52 AM
My guesses are the unexplained weird stuff from Project Legacy. Consus, Frater V.O.V., Hermes, the Golem, all that kind of stuff.

RatonhnhakeFan
09-29-2012, 10:02 AM
Play as Rebecca DLC

Tzeentch_859
09-29-2012, 10:13 AM
Or Shaun going into the Animus.

roostersrule2
09-29-2012, 10:29 AM
Maybe those rumours were true and Watch Dogs is modern day DLC for AC3. ;)

lothario-da-be
09-29-2012, 10:48 AM
I just hope it isen't something like a zombie dlc.

dewgel
09-29-2012, 11:02 AM
Kraken
This was my first thought. Corey May's been excited for this for a long time.

dxsxhxcx
09-29-2012, 11:38 AM
Yeah, me too. Maybe a sequence where you play as Adam or Eve escaping Eden and showing what all that was like.

my definition of WTF in this case is something weird that deviates from the usual kind of DLCs they release (story DLC), example: zombie mode, Kraken, this kind of thing... play as Adam or Eve in that sequence we saw in the first truth video IMO is far from being this kind of WTF DLC, I can't speak for the others but this is something I want to do since the first time I saw AC2's truth video and if made, should be taken seriously...

De Filosoof
09-29-2012, 12:43 PM
I would really like to play as Adam or Eve.
I'm waiting for it since AC2's truth video :(.

**** was i happy when i heard the leaked audio from the lost archive DLC from ACR.
I was so disappointed that there wasn't more to it in the DLC.

GreatBeyonder
09-30-2012, 02:30 AM
What could possibly be weirder than alien tech in the middle of the Third Crusade or the ghosts of gods living beneath Il Vaticano?

LoyalACFan
09-30-2012, 02:34 AM
What could possibly be weirder than alien tech in the middle of the Third Crusade or the ghosts of gods living beneath Il Vaticano?

A magical bagel that reanimates Connor, Ezio and Altair's skeletons to help Desmond fight an invasion of zombie unicorns.

GreatBeyonder
09-30-2012, 02:40 AM
The Bagel of Eden... Ambrosia itself!

projectpat06
10-03-2012, 12:31 PM
I just hope it isen't something like a zombie dlc.

Actually I think it will be something along the line of the supernatural/ urban legend aspect. Watch the video below about @ 10:35 and Hutchinson talks about the idea of the headless horseman with the pumpkin head that they actually had in the game and worked well but was too fantasy. I can see this qualifying as WTF territory and it would be something that is pretty cool to add to the frontier and the towns but have a conspiracy behind it. Plus the fog at night and the lighting storms would be also with the whole Sleepy Hollow type story.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3W9lYazfB4E

JarodRussel2012
10-03-2012, 01:02 PM
How about actual time travel?

luckyto
10-03-2012, 03:03 PM
Actually I think it will be something along the line of the supernatural/ urban legend aspect. Watch the video below about @ 10:35 and Hutchinson talks about the idea of the headless horseman with the pumpkin head that they actually had in the game and worked well but was too fantasy. I can see this qualifying as WTF territory and it would be something that is pretty cool to add to the frontier and the towns but have a conspiracy behind it. Plus the fog at night and the lighting storms would be also with the whole Sleepy Hollow type story.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3W9lYazfB4E

That would actually be pretty cool. Like Red Dead's Undead Nightmare. Take the Universe and offer a DLC with a weird fantasy twist. Sweet.