PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye Assassin's Creed

yly3
09-28-2012, 07:57 PM
AC1 fanboy
AC2 massive supporter and a worthy sequel
Brotherhood disgraced
Revelations meh meh meh

Don't want to sound like a cry-baby, but I'll try to make it as short as possible.

In March-April I was a bit excited for the first time since AC2, reading about revamping and all that bluf. Saw the E3 trailer which was fantastic, it felt really Altair-ish.
Wasn't impressed with the graphics at all, decided in late June to intentionally take a total break out of AC3 material to avoid spoilers.

Today I finally get back to get a final glimpse on the game, and I watch the Total32 gameplay or whatever was called and all I see is the same plastic-feeling (as opposed to the mesmerising and engaging and haunting atmosphere of AC1 and AC2), same rushed scripwriting, same do this-kill that filler mission for local civilians, same plastic cinematics a la Revelations. Boston is still empty with no atmosphere whatsoever, combat the same, in fact it's the first AC that feels choppy in combat animations, Revelations started a bit but I thought it's just me, now I am convinced.
City-parkouring & combat = Brotherhood with a Boston skin.

No atmosphere, no experience, no nothing.

YES, I am aware there will be 2000NPCs on screen on the same time
YES, I am aware that frontier will at least feel somewhat different (but I'm not totally convinced on that either from what I see)
YES, I am aware the game is not out yet, but the same I did with AC2 before it came out and I loved it every bit of demo.

YES, I will buy the game for the sake of the old days but somewhere around June-July 2013 when I'll get the new retina macbook heheh. But will only do it, hoping that maybe 10-15% goes to Patrice and to thank him. Btw, totally understand why he left and totally agree with his "arrogant" AC1 is the purest interview from this year. He has a point.
YES, I am aware some people or a bunch of people will like it, and I am quite happy for you and enjoy your game.

Overall, YES< I am aware that there will be different or updated/upgraded stuff, what totally lacks is the atmosphere and how all these elements work with each other.
It feels like a total let's throw all of this new stuff in and change the animations a bit.

Basically just wanted to thank everyone along the years, even some members from this community, for delivering what was a different experience in the gaming industry.
Will check this thread how it goes, but I'm totally out of the AC-universe.. Hopefully, maybe the modern day story will satisfy and worth my future 50EUR spent on Steam.

Cheers and peace out. Enjoy your game in October
Love you all ^^

Assassin_M
09-28-2012, 08:02 PM
bye:)

Lass4r
09-28-2012, 08:04 PM
Inb4 fanboys and Assassin_M telling you to GTFO.

That being said, I'm puzzled by what you're writing and I find it hard to believe that you've seen anything that is representative of AC3. I'm puzzled because everything I've seen contradicts everything you've written... could you elaborate on the missing atmosphere, bad graphics and bad animations you're talking about?

EDIT: Lol, didn't post quick enough to keep M from telling you to leave.

eagleforlife1
See ya

Aphex_Tim
How can you talk about the atmosphere when you've watched but one or two gameplay videos?

Assassin_M
09-28-2012, 08:06 PM

That being said, I'm puzzled by what you're writing and I find it hard to believe that you've seen anything that is representative of AC3. I'm puzzled because everything I've seen contradicts everything you've written... could you elaborate on the missing atmosphere, bad graphics and bad animations you're talking about?

slow... so slow

Lass4r
09-28-2012, 08:08 PM
Stop being ******bags guys and let's upon up for discussion instead.

Assassin_M
09-28-2012, 08:10 PM
He already made his decision..he said "Yes I know this" "Yes I know that" basically means that HE is not the one up for discussion..

yly3
09-28-2012, 08:11 PM
Oh boy, I knew I will get into some discussion but here goes nothing. I've just reached to a point of tyring saturation that even my (ex)passion for the game cannot overcome.

Graphics = Brotherhood or worse, simple as that, take it as my personal opinion. Maybe ..MAYBE..a bit of modern rendering but that's about it. Oh, I forgot, the only thing really updated is how the clothing "flow" and move dynamically at Connor and characthers, which was already in AC1 at Altair, but stripped out starting with AC2 and brought again here in AC3.

About the atmosphere and cinematics, they are the same style with Revelations & Brotherhood. AC2 and AC1 made me want so bad to hear the next word out of each character's mouth.
It's just filler material all over again.

DoNNiEDaRkO50
I've seen this kinds of threads before and I'm gonna repeat it again:
YOUR LOSS ! :)
Goodbye.

pacmanate

What "discussion"? He doesn't like it, it is his opinion and if everyone posted a thread on their opinions there would be chaos. This is a stupid thread and there will be no discussion because he has stated his opinion.

Edit: Also no one cares if you don't like the game. You aren't hurting sales, we get to play the game, we will be happy. That is all that matters.

Assassin_M
What "discussion"? He doesn't like it, it is his opinion and if everyone posted a thread on their opinions there would be chaos. This is a stupid thread and there will be no discussion because he has stated his opinion.
exactly...

Lass4r just likes the Super hero who saves all from evil persona too much..

nitres15
09-28-2012, 08:12 PM
bye.

Lass4r
09-28-2012, 08:15 PM
He is obviously willing to discuss, since he just did, and it's important to balance the people who are seriously let down like this guy and most of the rest of us who are beyond excited for the game.

I'm just giving the man some respect and not trashing him and his opinion like many of you seem intent on.

Assassin_M
09-28-2012, 08:18 PM
He is obviously willing to discuss, since he just did, and it's important to balance the people who are seriously let down like this guy and most of the rest of us who are beyond excited for the game.

I'm just giving the man some respect and not trashing him and his opinion like many of you seem intent on.
trashing ? we just said "bye" and "see ya" what are you whining on about ? huh ?
And don't tell me "Oh no you mean this or that" you don't know ****... so either speak to him as you wish and let everyone do as he/she pleases or you could continue making a fool out of yourself, because frankly no one disrespected him..

AssassinGame1
09-28-2012, 08:19 PM
Hopefully when AC3 comes out, it will convince you to come back to the AC Universe.
Good Bye :)
P.S.- what gaming series are you into now?

Lass4r
09-28-2012, 08:22 PM
trashing ? we just said "bye" and "see ya" what are you whining on about ? huh ?
And don't tell me "Oh no you mean this or that" you don't know ****... so either speak to him as you wish and let everyone do as he/she pleases or you could continue making a fool out of yourself, because frankly no one disrespected him..
"Bye" and "see ya" is basically saying "good riddance" or "GTFO and don't bother us". You know that.

Umbra_Blade
09-28-2012, 08:23 PM
Maybe the reason you think the story is so dull is because Ubisoft don't want to give anything of the story away. The preview clips are just gameplay clips, which create enjoyment from PLAYING not WATCHING, they are designed to show how impressive the engine is, and what types of missions are available to play. Ubisoft have released next to nothing on story and have been deliberately showing stuff that is as you call it, 'filler', because one of AC's big selling points is its story, and I wholeheartedly agree with their decision to do so.

And as for the graphics being worse than brotherhood... they aren't, mate. Having just played some AC3 today at eurogamer, they are FAR better than any other AC game yet, Youtube doesn't do the game justice, and the atmosphere IS there, but is hard to translate until you actually experience the game, instead of just passively watch a video.

But hey-ho, you are entitled to your opinion and to dislike this game, I just wanted to bring my points forward. :p

Assassin_M
09-28-2012, 08:24 PM
"Bye" and "see ya" is basically saying "good riddance" or "GTFO and don't bother us". You know that.
Like I said, do not assume **** OK ?

The guy said "good bye" and we said "See ya" and "Bye"

Just stop alright ? Ok we get it. you`re the savior of this place from evil fan-boys HURRRR... don't go around telling everyone what to do...

TheHumanTowel
09-28-2012, 08:27 PM
Sorry you feel this way but I think you're judging this game far too early based on limited exposure to it. I can understand you're opinion on the graphics I guess but it's very difficult to convey things like atmosphere in trailers and short demos. That's something you really have to play the game to get a sense of. And I don't know how you've somehow already decided AC3 has poor scriptwriting when we haven't played the game yet and don't know the plot.

So maybe wait until you know a bit more about the game before you make such massive assumptions about it's quality.

xXRyzonXx
09-28-2012, 08:28 PM
I love how this guy made a thread just to say "I hate assassins creed now!" and he isn't even up for discussing it. He just says "I know *this and that*"

I hate to say this... but I have also never seen him on the forums before... like most people who make a goodbye thread are users on the forums that you see everyday, like Assassin_M, Pacmanate and RatohnhaketonFan, just a couple of examples. I'm not trying to be mean or trying to take a jab at you for not being a known user, I'm not a known user, I'm sure the people who see my posts don't really remember me or anything.

Regardless, Goodbye!

ACfan443
09-28-2012, 08:31 PM
AC3 has been in development for almost 3 years, they spent the first 6 months just structuring the plot, by no means is the story of this game rushed.

pacmanate
09-28-2012, 08:31 PM
Why this thread isn't closed is beyond my understanding.

jantherocker
09-28-2012, 08:32 PM
yly3
Oh boy, I knew I will get into some discussion but here goes nothing. I've just reached to a point of tyring saturation that even my (ex)passion for the game cannot overcome.

Graphics = Brotherhood or worse, simple as that, take it as my personal opinion. Maybe ..MAYBE..a bit of modern rendering but that's about it. Oh, I forgot, the only thing really updated is how the clothing "flow" and move dynamically at Connor and characthers, which was already in AC1 at Altair, but stripped out starting with AC2 and brought again here in AC3.

About the atmosphere and cinematics, they are the same style with Revelations & Brotherhood. AC2 and AC1 made me want so bad to hear the next word out of each character's mouth.
It's just filler material all over again.

i absolutly like that you have your own different view of things :)

but the Graphical/Technological asoect you mentioned really confuses me.

could you give an example in form of a video?(point out a scene or a screenshot as an example)

most people think this is a visually stunning game so its a bit puzzling to read such a straight oposing opinion(wich i totaly respect im just confused)

but at an base for a discussion: even it is a new Engine we have to remember that we are at the end of one "Console Generation" so there can only be so much graphical improvemend from a game e.g 2 years ago(in this case AC2)

it would be great if all of us keep an open mind for a discussion without any flaming or hating.... everyone is entitled to there own opinion

TheHumanTowel
09-28-2012, 08:33 PM
Why this thread isn't closed is beyond my understanding.
Why should it be closed? I don't think it breaks any rules and there seems to be a bit of discussion going on. It's not the worst thread I've seen.

BBALive
09-28-2012, 08:34 PM
You're entitled to your opinion and everything, but most of your complaints are factually incorrect.

Bye.

Lass4r
09-28-2012, 08:34 PM
Thank you for responding properly Jantherocker ;) Many of the regular forum users are apparently not capable of it.

playassassins1
09-28-2012, 08:35 PM
Bye! We will miss you :(

Assassin_M
09-28-2012, 08:36 PM
Thank you for responding properly Jantherocker ;) Many of the regular forum users are apparently not capable of it.
I love how you are Incapable of keeping your nose out of other people`s business..

yly3
09-28-2012, 08:38 PM

It's replies like this which diserve to be replied too. I appreciate it.

No, I am not in a bashing mood, and I personally don't see the reason to bash people who have the same interests as I do (like for instance AC). Sure, arguments and opinions are always welcomed, but up until a certain point.
As for the "controled leaks and demos", like I said in the OP, the same was with AC2 and that got me totally exicited whithout spoiling any major story.

The Goodbye & co stuff was actually meant.
I just think it's time for me to give it a rest, the franchise isn't satisfying me, so why still spend time in it.
I actually got a bit more excited for the new Hitman even though the Hitman purists bash it entirely for changing too much.. (Oh the irony, isn't it ?)

I'd like the conversation to have a bit more of a laidback mood, rather than going way too much into specifics like most threads do. you know, like we were some old-men drinking wine at some private AC-veterans party heheh.

I'm quite sad Jesper Kyd left, but I am also a big music fan, and if it's one thing I've learned from music is that you should always give newcomers a chance.

AC is basically now an action game with some very very light political pepper in it. Nothing more, and I don't even expect (or want) it to be stealth. I think AC should have either be social stealth or no stealth at all. Yes, I know it sounds a bit too harsh or extreme, but the concept which the series started was long ago abandoned, why re-start it now.

True_Assassin92
09-28-2012, 08:40 PM
@M: Seriously man, I can feel your anger...almost constantly while posting. You need to blow off some steam or take a chill pill. I sense hostility with every post you make and you assume that someone offends you. No offence but to me you seem someone who has a grudge against anyone who posted something you don't like. Relax and lean back for a while and yes I'm telling you to do that.

Assassin_M
09-28-2012, 08:40 PM

No, I am not in a bashing mood, and I personally don't see the reason to bash people who have the same interests as I do (like for instance AC). Sure, arguments and opinions are always welcomed, but up until a certain point.
As for the "controled leaks and demos", like I said in the OP, the same was with AC2 and that got me totally exicited whithout spoiling any major story.

I just think it's time for me to give it a rest, the franchise isn't satisfying me, so why still spend time in it.
I actually got a bit more excited for the new Hitman even though the Hitman purists bash it entirely for changing too much.. (Oh the irony, isn't it ?)

I'd like the conversation to have a bit more of a laidback mood, rather than going way too much into specifics like most threads do. you know, like we were some old-men drinking wine at some private AC-veterans party heheh.

I'm quite sad Jesper Kyd left, but I am also a big music fan, and if it's one thing I've learned from music is that you should always give newcomers a chance.

AC is basically now an action game with some very very light political pepper in it. Nothing more, and I don't even expect (or want) it to be stealth. I think AC should have either be social stealth or no stealth at all. Yes, I know it sounds a bit too harsh or extreme, but the concept which the series started was long ago abandoned, why re-start it now.
See ? He is not up for discussion. He obviously know his stuff well and based his decision and opinions on that. Admirable..

@M: Seriously man, I can feel your anger...almost constantly while posting. You need to blow off some steam or take a chill pill. I sense hostility with every post you make and you assume that someone offends you. No offence but to me you seem someone who has a grudge on anyone who posted something you don't like. Relax and lean back for a while and yes I'm telling you to do that.
Report me

Ancient Attero
09-28-2012, 08:45 PM
Wait a minute. This is very new to me, i had no idea that their were AC haters.

I mean the story and narrative is what has driven this game from the first one and have only improved. And while their was some lacking content in ACR, it was still a fantastic game and a great end to the Ezio story arc. But in addition to story AC has also been about fluid combat and seemly parkour . All three of these elements have grown and matured from one game to the next.

Personally you just sound like a hipster that is unwilling to deal with change. Thinking that AC1 is the best and purist is a ignorant view, if anything it was the most undeveloped game. In AC1 you played the current Altair and dealing with one mission over the time maybe a year. But the meat of the game followed Ezio throughout his life and you were able to watch him become a legendary assassin known and respected by all.

And to play his trilogy was one of the greatest in gaming personally.

jantherocker
09-28-2012, 08:48 PM
I love how you are Incapable of keeping your nose out of other people`s business..

im afraid you just proved his point

i am here to talk about a Game Series we all Love and of course discuss over all kinds of stuff

and i just did that with my post.. he liked that.... whats wrong with that am i missing something personal here?

INDIANA_PRIDE
09-28-2012, 08:50 PM
Sucks for you man, this gonna be game of the year!

Assassin_M
09-28-2012, 08:50 PM
im afraid you just proved his point

i am here to talk about a Game Series we all Love and of course discuss over all kinds of stuff

and i just did that with my post.. he liked that.... whats wrong with that am i missing something personal here?
I have nothing against you, mate. My post was not meant for the part where he thanked you. It was meant for the little bit at the end where he says "Many of the Regulars are Incapable of replying properly"

BBALive
09-28-2012, 08:52 PM
Wait a minute. This is very new to me, i had no idea that their were AC haters.

I mean the story and narrative is what has driven this game from the first one and have only improved. And while their was some lacking content in ACR, it was still a fantastic game and a great end to the Ezio story arc. But in addition to story AC has also been about fluid combat and seemly parkour . All three of these elements have grown and matured from one game to the next.

Personally you just sound like a hipster that is unwilling to deal with change. Thinking that AC1 is the best and purist is a ignorant view, if anything it was the most undeveloped game. In AC1 you played the current Altair and dealing with one mission over the time maybe a year. But the meat of the game followed Ezio throughout his life and you were able to watch him become a legendary assassin known and respected by all.

And to play his trilogy was one of the greatest in gaming personally.

AC1 was the purest, since it follows the 'assassin' themes more closely than the rest. Whether or not you think it is the best in the series is subjective.

Helforsite
09-28-2012, 08:55 PM
Please sir, get out of the forums if you are not willing to really discuss your opinion/anything and just repeat the exact same thing over and over again. You said you think the Game graphics are worse than ACB? We get it but i must strongly disagree from what i have watched on the internetz and what i personally played at Gamescom.
You watched random gameplay which hadnt any sense in it? Your fault/idiocy!
Boston is empty and has no atmosphere? Please, tell me more about you having seen every corner of Boston in every situation/mission! Also, you have seen all missions? Tell me more-.-
Choppy combat animations in comparison to other ACs? You sure that you played ACs?
So judging from your text you have played and seen all of AC3, so please send me your copy or tell me where to get it before release or GTFO!

pacmanate
09-28-2012, 08:57 PM
Please sir, get out of the forums if you are not willing to really discuss your opinion/anything and just repeat the exact same thing over and over again. You said you think the Game graphics are worse than ACB? We get it but i must strongly disagree from what i have watched on the internetz and what i personally played at Gamescom.
You watched random gameplay which hadnt any sense in it? Your fault/idiocy!
Boston is empty and has no atmosphere? Please, tell me more about you having seen every corner of Boston in every situation/mission! Also, you have seen all missions? Tell me more-.-
Choppy combat animations in comparison to other ACs? You sure that you played ACs?
So judging from your text you have played and seen all of AC3, so please send me your copy or tell me where to get it before release or GTFO!

Agreed. Brotherhood graphics? This guy is blind!

ProletariatPleb
09-28-2012, 08:59 PM
I agree with him on the AC1 atmosphere part and his rating of all the ACs so far. I fear for AC as well, tho not with AC3(it looks good), but in general, Brotherhood to Revelations was like Bad to Worse and this yearly cycle is burning out the "magic" part of Assassin's Creed. (ofcourse fanboys can always convince themselves that they were worthy sequels or something like that, but they were just rehashes.)

In the end, goodbye OP and I just hope AC doesn't end up like Splinter Cell Conviction/Blacklist.

yly3
09-28-2012, 09:01 PM
Personally, I don't consider myself a hipster as in best game in a series is always the first or the best album of a band is always the first..
As an example, Everybody knows the Splinter Cell series, the first 3 were true stealth games, and Conviction changed everything. While I loved the first 3, I actually enjoyed Conviction the most ! And finished it around 5 or 6 times just because it was fun.

The reason I loved AC from the first moment is that it delivered as an entire package.

Brotherhood went the cheesy way, I mean "Victoria agli Assassini" ..what the hell.. it's like Powerpuff Girls or something.

I miss feeling every step Altair and (young) Ezio took, the goosebumps of entering the first time in a secret tomb.
The political propaganda while silently climbing to assassinate your target acompanied by a brilliant soundtrack from mr Kyd.
This sort of stuff.
While AC used to be a great David Fincher movie, it's now a good Steven Seagal one..it's not anything terible, it's just generic in my eyes and maybe I just expect too much out of it..

Sure, one can change so many in an established and mature series, but I'm sure you all know by now the leap between AC1 and AC2. The same should have been between AC2 and AC3, or even better. It's just not there. And both games had an assassin walking in cities ;)

Assassin_M
09-28-2012, 09:03 PM
Personally, I don't consider myself a hipster as in best game in a series is always the first or the best album of a band is always the first..
As an example, Everybody knows the Splinter Cell series, the first 3 were true stealth games, and Conviction changed everything. While I loved the first 3, I actually enjoyed Conviction the most ! And finished it around 5 or 6 times just because it was fun.

The reason I loved AC from the first moment is that it delivered as an entire package.

Brotherhood went the cheesy way, I mean "Victoria agli Assassini" ..what the hell.. it's like Powerpuff Girls or something.

I miss feeling every step Altair and (young) Ezio took, the goosebumps of entering the first time in a secret tomb.
The political propaganda while silently climbing to assassinate your target acompanied by a brilliant soundtrack from mr Kyd.
This sort of stuff.
While AC used to be a great David Fincher movie, it's now a good Steven Seagal one..it's not anything terible, it's just generic in my eyes and maybe I just expect too much out of it..

Sure, one can change so many in an established and mature series, but I'm sure you all know by now the leap between AC1 and AC2. The same should have been between AC2 and AC3, or even better. It's just not there. And both games had an assassin walking in cities ;)
The Guy know his stuff. He already based his Opinion and is not open to change it..

Dont try to convince him something he does not want...

ProletariatPleb
09-28-2012, 09:06 PM
The Guy know his stuff. He already based his Opinion and is not open to change it..

Dont try to convince him something he does not want...
Jeez why do you wanna convince him? He's made up his mind, that's the end of it, why is this thread stretched so much ._.

Assassin_M
09-28-2012, 09:07 PM
Jeez why do you wanna convince him? He's made up his mind, that's the end of it, why is this thread stretched so much ._.
I really dont know..

He already said " Yes I know this" " Yes I know that" the Guy knows everything and he does not like it. Simple... Why is that hard to understand ??

ACfan443
09-28-2012, 09:15 PM

Haha, powerpuff girls.

TheHumanTowel
09-28-2012, 09:17 PM
On behalf of all of us.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XrL_F6tnT4

zainzombie
09-28-2012, 09:19 PM

Umm.. I dont think any hitman purist bashes absolution anymore, it has everything a hitman fan ever wanted (esp. Bateson), apart from some little things ofcourse.

As far as the topic goes, I understand what OP may be going through, like there was a thread few weeks ago regarding the "hype" for Assassins creed 3. Its not as high as it was for Ac2 for me and I blame brotherhood and revelations for it, not because i didnt like them, they were both pretty solid games but its more like being burnt out on the series. Anyways, you already said you will be playing the game by next year anyways, so hopefully you will enjoy this one as well. IMO this will be the best AC title ever made, not to mention it is an end to the trilogy so its a must play.

BBALive
09-28-2012, 09:33 PM
Factually wrong.

The same should have been between AC2 and AC3, or even better. It's just not there.
It is there.

I would elaborate, but there isn't much point. It's not like I'm going to change your mind.

Assassin_M
09-28-2012, 09:39 PM
Factually wrong.

It is there.

I would elaborate, but there isn't much point. It's not like I'm going to change your mind.
Exactly, there isnt much point... He does not want a discussion... He said it himself..

Lets just leave this thread to its fate..

CalgaryJay
09-28-2012, 09:53 PM
Cool, thanks for sharing. Tell this next time..

http://genblog.myheritage.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/DIARY_Red.jpg

freddie_1897
09-28-2012, 10:00 PM
Factually wrong.
what are you saying? that post he made pointed out the fact that he DOESNT think the first game in a series is always the best, he's saying that the order of games does not matter to him. i don't get why you are calling him factually wrong unless you misunderstood his post

Free_Hidings
09-28-2012, 10:11 PM
Today I finally get back to get a final glimpse on the game, and I watch the Total32 gameplay or whatever was called and all I see is the same plastic-feeling (as opposed to the mesmerising and engaging and haunting atmosphere of AC1 and AC2), same rushed scripwriting, same do this-kill that filler mission for local civilians, same plastic cinematics a la Revelations. Boston is still empty with no atmosphere whatsoever, combat the same, in fact it's the first AC that feels choppy in combat animations, Revelations started a bit but I thought it's just me, now I am convinced.

YES, I am aware that frontier will at least feel somewhat different (but I'm not totally convinced on that either from what I see)
YES, I am aware the game is not out yet, but the same I did with AC2 before it came out and I loved it every bit of demo.

YES, I will buy the game for the sake of the old days but somewhere around June-July 2013 when I'll get the new retina macbook heheh. But will only do it, hoping that maybe 10-15% goes to Patrice and to thank him. Btw, totally understand why he left and totally agree with his "arrogant" AC1 is the purest interview from this year. He has a point.
YES, I am aware some people or a bunch of people will like it, and I am quite happy for you and enjoy your game.

Overall, YES< I am aware that there will be different or updated/upgraded stuff, what totally lacks is the atmosphere and how all these elements work with each other.
It feels like a total let's throw all of this new stuff in and change the animations a bit.

As far as graphics are concerned, there has been a thread on this but try watching some gameplay trailers on your console (if you use one) The graphics look amazing, a significant improvement over Revelations which already had pretty awesome graphics. I agree, there is something about AC1 (Not really AC2) that has a really nice and unique look, the textures on the buildings or something, it looks more realistic in some ways but still graphically inferior as far as clarity and detail.

You surely cannot be seriously commenting on storyline and script writing. We have seen like 15 minutes of the 35-40 hour single player story / gameplay.

"Do this kill that" = And what, AC1 was creative and varied? Lol. (Love AC1 btw but just saying) Not to mention again we have seen only a fraction of the gameplay. But we already know we can do hunting which is brand new to the series. Apparently the animals engage in their own hunting cycles, and apparently they can be extremely challenging to kill. There was a post by someone who tested the game who said they were killed 10 times by a bear in the Frontier or something like that. Maybe not your cup of tea, but that right there already sounds like hours of new "side missions / side gameplay" / replay value through the roof.

No atmosphere? Don't know what you are really expecting in not so ancient America but the civilians with supposedly better AI and the animals wandering around (cats dogs pigs rats etc) certainly spice it up a bit.

Combat looks awesome, and it's not as simple as ACB / ACR where you do one counter or combo kill and then ****ing destroy everyone. He is dual weilding, the button commands have changed so you press a button for each weapon, there are new fighting tools like the rope dart (AWESOME) and the bow, Connor can block one enemy while still fighting another which allows enemies to attack you more while you are already engaged, meaning more fluid combat with less "waiting around" though I doubt it is perfect yet, from the gameplay vids I have seen there is still too much waiting, though the person I mentioned previously says that the enemies are MUCH more aggressive and attack more often etc etc. So basically it sounds / looks as though combat has a fresh new flavour and is more challenging.

As far as atmosphere and experience... Just think about it for a second. The Frontier is vast. Not only that, it is detailed and varied. We have seen screenshots of snowy hills, waterfalls, forests (obviously). Think about the potential this has. You might be creeping around the forest and get set upon by wild animals. You might be stalking a moose and a mountain lion springs out of nowhere and attacks it. Think about the things you will be able to climb. The huge leap of faiths off cliffs, the dive off the waterfall. Hopefully climbing a massive *** tree and looking out over the Fronteir in it's entireity. Come on. If that ain't an experience, if that's not atmosphere, I don't think anything is.

Actually just going to edit in a few extra improvements they have made:

-Animations: Connor moves so much better now, his sprint animation is badass, he climbs more efficiently and smoother, just watch the Fronteir demo and see how he moves through the environment, looks amazing and fun. He can climb trees and rocks as well as buildings. They are putting emphasis on everything that looks climbable being climbable and it all looking natural. There's other cool things like running through the interiors of houses, human shields against musket shots, the changing of seasons, being able to ride horses again, YOU CAN PET DOGS FOR ****S SAKE !!!!! GAME CHANGER!!!

Also the character is fresh and unique, not quite the forboding born into the Brotherhood Altair or the revenge seeking Ezio, Connor is part native and fights for what he thinks is right, and he will be fighting on both sides of the war so it will be interesting. Not to mention he looks so freakin badass yo.

I always feel the music makes a huge difference as far as atmosphere. In the past it has always been stellar, so we will see how it goes with AC3.

Not trying to sway your judgement, just my opinion on your criticisms. At the end of the day, you are saving money and aren't anxiously waiting like a child before Christmas, so for that, I envy you ;)

freddie_1897
09-28-2012, 10:12 PM
As far as graphics are concerned, there has been a thread on this but try watching some gameplay trailers on your console (if you use one) The graphics look amazing, a significant improvement over Revelations which already had pretty awesome graphics. I agree, there is something about AC1 (Not really AC2) that has a really nice and unique look, the textures on the buildings or something, it looks more realistic in some ways but still graphically inferior as far as clarity and detail.

You surely cannot be seriously commenting on storyline and script writing. We have seen like 15 minutes of the 35-40 hour single player story / gameplay.

"Do this kill that" = And what, AC1 was creative and varied? Lol. (Love AC1 btw but just saying) Not to mention again we have seen only a fraction of the gameplay. But we already know we can do hunting which is brand new to the series. Apparently the animals engage in their own hunting cycles, and apparently they can be extremely challenging to kill. There was a post by someone who tested the game who said they were killed 10 times by a bear in the Frontier or something like that. Maybe not your cup of tea, but that right there already sounds like hours of new "side missions / side gameplay" / replay value through the roof.

No atmosphere? Don't know what you are really expecting in not so ancient America but the civilians with supposedly better AI and the animals wandering around (cats dogs pigs rats etc) certainly spice it up a bit.

Combat looks awesome, and it's not as simple as ACB / ACR where you do one counter or combo kill and then ****ing destroy everyone. He is dual weilding, the button commands have changed so you press a button for each weapon, there are new fighting tools like the rope dart (AWESOME) and the bow, Connor can block one enemy while still fighting another which allows enemies to attack you more while you are already engaged, meaning more fluid combat with less "waiting around" though I doubt it is perfect yet, from the gameplay vids I have seen there is still too much waiting, though the person I mentioned previously says that the enemies are MUCH more aggressive and attack more often etc etc. So basically it sounds / looks as though combat has a fresh new flavour and is more challenging.

As far as atmosphere and experience... Just think about it for a second. The Frontier is vast. Not only that, it is detailed and varied. We have seen screenshots of snowy hills, waterfalls, forests (obviously). Think about the potential this has. You might be creeping around the forest and get set upon by wild animals. You might be stalking a moose and a mountain lion springs out of nowhere and attacks it. Think about the things you will be able to climb. The huge leap of faiths off cliffs, the dive off the waterfall. Hopefully climbing a massive *** tree and looking out over the Fronteir in it's entireity. Come on. If that ain't an experience, if that's not atmosphere, I don't think anything is.

Not trying to sway your judgement, just my opinion on your criticisms. At the end of the day, you are saving money and aren't anxiously waiting like a child before Christmas, so for that, I envy you ;)
i dont, that feeling is the best thing ever

berserker134
09-28-2012, 10:46 PM
I dont even know what to say man i dont even know

clearly you dont know what is a good game.

freddie_1897
09-28-2012, 10:49 PM
I dont even know what to say man i dont even know

clearly you dont know what is a good game.
or you don't understand or respect the fact that other people have different opinions,

i really hate the nazification of some forums these days, not these ones but there are others where not being interested in the game that forum is about is considered a blasphemous sin.

berserker134
09-28-2012, 10:49 PM

BURN Lass4r APPLY COLD WATER TO BURNED AREA xD

berserker134
09-28-2012, 10:53 PM
Like I said, do not assume **** OK ?

The guy said "good bye" and we said "See ya" and "Bye"

Just stop alright ? Ok we get it. you`re the savior of this place from evil fan-boys HURRRR... don't go around telling everyone what to do...
okay M now youre just being a D-bag

projectpat06
09-28-2012, 10:54 PM
It's not really valid or polite to judge a product before you play it or have reviews to reference to, but every person is entitled to his opinion. I think you will be missing out on a unique and awesome experience in the video game industry.

Assassin_M
09-28-2012, 10:58 PM
okay M now youre just being a D-bag
Report me, because I don't care what you think of me..

pacmanate
09-28-2012, 11:03 PM
No one said he isn't allowed an opinion.

But where is the sense in making a thread on an opinion (which anyone could do and cause a forum meltdown), and not allow anyone to change his mind? Cause frankly there is no point. And look at this thread now. He made a thread about his opinion for some unknown reason, and now everyones pissed off with each other cause of OP's stupid thread choice.

Assassin_M
09-28-2012, 11:04 PM
No one said he isn't allowed an opinion.

But where is the sense in making a thread on an opinion (which anyone could do and cause a forum meltdown), and not allow anyone to change his mind? Cause frankly there is no point. And look at this thread now. He made a thread about his opinion for some unknown reason, and now everyones pissed off with each other cause of OP's stupid thread choice.
Honestly ? It was not the OP. It was an Arrogant member who thinks he`s a saint..
This thing was going fine until Lass4r showed up and started acting like He`s God..

BBALive
09-28-2012, 11:05 PM
what are you saying? that post he made pointed out the fact that he DOESNT think the first game in a series is always the best, he's saying that the order of games does not matter to him. i don't get why you are calling him factually wrong unless you misunderstood his post

He worded it incorrectly.

Lass4r
09-28-2012, 11:07 PM
Report me, because I don't care what you think of me..
Are you serious? Do you not care that you are perceived as being rude to other people? This is a serious question, no hard feelings I just want a straight answer. Because that is an awful way to answer anyone.

Assassin_M
09-28-2012, 11:09 PM
Are you serious? Do you not care that you are perceived as being rude to other people? This is a serious question, no hard feelings I just want a straight answer. Because that is an awful way to answer anyone.
Lets take this Privately...

Here is not the place... I have been wanting to tell you A LOT of things for a LOOOOOOOONG time..

berserker134
09-28-2012, 11:11 PM
to the OP im sorry for what i said im sure you will enjoy it when yhuu play it

ShaneO7K
09-28-2012, 11:18 PM
I thought this thread would've been closed by now, it's become sad how some people on here will start arguments over something so simple..

MetalCreed
09-28-2012, 11:28 PM
And nothing of value was lost

Jexx21
09-28-2012, 11:50 PM
Fighting rudeness with rudeness is not a way to make your point.

Lass4r
09-28-2012, 11:56 PM
Fighting rudeness with rudeness is not a way to make your point.
True. It's a human thing I have, anger =/

Jexx21
09-29-2012, 12:05 AM
It's okay that he dislikes the game, I can see how some of his points can apply to people. But they don't apply to me.

I would say that he really wanted to voice his concerns to UbiSoft, that he would of e-mailed Ubi, or messaged them on Facebook, but I realized that a lot of people don't really consider those options. It's just that, voicing your opinions on a forum, when you really want to get in contact with the developers, is a lost cause. Because there will always be people who pick sides, the discussion will go nowhere, it'll just be one stubborn person arguing against another person, and soon enough it just becomes a pissing contest between two sides.

Escappa
09-29-2012, 12:25 AM
I can see that he's not enjoyed by the games anymore. I can also see that he's planning to leave the series for a while. But I can't see why he thinks we'll give a sh*t

PS. I'm planning to change the ringtone on my cell-phone because it doesn't feel good anymore.

YES, I am aware of the fact that this is a decision that no one cares about!

xXRyzonXx
09-29-2012, 12:27 AM
Lets take this Privately...

Here is not the place... I have been wanting to tell you A LOT of things for a LOOOOOOOONG time..

Oh snap! M is bringin' out the big guns! lol

ShaneO7K
09-29-2012, 12:27 AM
YES, I am aware of the fact that this is a decision that no one cares about!....I care.... :nonchalance:

Escappa
09-29-2012, 12:29 AM
....I care.... :nonchalance:

Oh . . . but you get my point?

ShaneO7K
09-29-2012, 12:30 AM
Oh . . . but you get my point?

I get your point, and I was joking :p

Escappa
09-29-2012, 12:34 AM
I get your point, and I was joking :p

Oh you were joking? I thought you were some kind of creep ;)

Assassin_M
09-29-2012, 12:42 AM
Oh snap! M is bringin' out the big guns! lol
Indeed..

goldiron
09-29-2012, 03:06 AM
brotherhood was the best game in series that I played. I didn't play ac 2..... revelation had a good storyline and theme...

NOLA_Assassin
09-29-2012, 03:27 AM
Do you really think it matters that Patrice left? Because I think Hutchinson was a better choice for this game. Patrice would've probably set the game in the French Revolution and it probably would've been too similar to AC 2. The American Revolution is better from a gameplay aspect, and also has WAY more political weight than any of the past AC titles.

monster_rambo
09-29-2012, 04:43 AM
I understand your concerns. I agree with you on the fact that ACB & ACR didn't live up to its standards but don't you think you should give this game and series another chance. AC3 looks great and they have put a lot of effort into delivering the experience. The development team is larger than ever and they spent over 2 years into development. It should be a good game. Is not okay to call the quits when this game is not out yet. Of course, you don't have to buy the spin-offs like another Connor/ Ezio story, but I think the triple A games that are in development for over 2 &1/2 years are pure quality. But then again, you already made up your mind right?? Hopefully you'll consider my suggestion.

Jexx21
09-29-2012, 04:46 AM
Rambo, it's not a fact that ACB & ACR didn't live up to standards.

monster_rambo
09-29-2012, 04:54 AM
Rambo, it's not a fact that ACB & ACR didn't live up to standards.

I meant in my opinion, they are not up to standards but that is not the point. I'm trying to tell this dude to reconsider his options but it looks like he already made up his mind.

dewgel
09-29-2012, 10:54 AM
AC1 fanboy
Brotherhood disgraced
Revelations meh meh meh

Don't want to sound like a cry-baby, but I'll try to make it as short as possible.

In March-April I was a bit excited for the first time since AC2, reading about revamping and all that bluf. Saw the E3 trailer which was fantastic, it felt really Altair-ish.
Wasn't impressed with the graphics at all, decided in late June to intentionally take a total break out of AC3 material to avoid spoilers.

Basically just wanted to thank everyone along the years, even some members from this community, for delivering what was a different experience in the gaming industry.
Will check this thread how it goes, but I'm totally out of the AC-universe.. Hopefully, maybe the modern day story will satisfy and worth my future 50EUR spent on Steam.

Cheers and peace out. Enjoy your game in October
Love you all ^^

Let me start by saying I haven't read any of the replies, so my response is just working on your first post.

While you're very detailed and constructive with your criticisms, I couldn't disagree with you more. You can't base the game on the preview videos we've recently seen. The cinematics are less than plastic, if anything they're more hollywood than ever.

Combat? That's had a total overhaul. I don't understand what you mean by the plastic AC1 feeling? The combat if anything is exactlyl ike Arkham City. You can't just sit and tap counter constantly, you now hit counter, everything slows for a second and you've got to hit the correct button to suit the enemy archetype. For example, a standard soldier, you'd hit Counter, then quickly hit attack to kill him. Or you can hit counter, then your tool button and shoot him in the face. Again, double, and even triple counters are now present.

As for the scriptwriting etc, I think it's great this time round. There's a lot of comedy (Classic British insults like 'Nob-Head' etc), and the character has emotion, for example, Connor getting extremely annoyed and shouting at the character before the Boston Tea Party.

However, your decision has clearly been made, and the main thing is, you're buying the game eventually.

As for your Patrice 15% thing... I don't get how someone who didn't make the game should get any money for it..? He worked on AC1 and AC2.. why does he need money for AC3? That's Hutchinson and his teams work?

IceHot100
09-29-2012, 04:55 PM
I love how this guy made a thread just to say "I hate assassins creed now!" and he isn't even up for discussing it. He just says "I know *this and that*"

I hate to say this... but I have also never seen him on the forums before... like most people who make a goodbye thread are users on the forums that you see everyday, like Assassin_M, Pacmanate and RatohnhaketonFan, just a couple of examples. I'm not trying to be mean or trying to take a jab at you for not being a known user, I'm not a known user, I'm sure the people who see my posts don't really remember me or anything.

Regardless, Goodbye!

I do :D.. Anyways back on topic...

Are complaining or discussing? If you wanna discuss about why you don't like the AC3 anymore. You have to go in detail. Which part did annoy you the most? Why do you think the graphics *su ck*? Is it the trees? The buildings? The animals? and if you're complaining. Then forums is not the right place. And even if you wanna say goodbye, there are nicer and politer ways to say that...

yly3
11-03-2012, 09:11 PM
Update. Rest assured, this post DOES NOT contain any spoilers on AC3.

So, I put my money where my mouth is and even though I do not have a console, I made all the efort possible to play the game on day 1. I went to my local release party, bought the PS3 version, then I borrowed a friend's PS3, bought myself a 24" TV (didn't find anyone who could borrow me one, because they use it daily as TVs, thank god for 30-day-return policy)
It was one with a 3.5mm jack audio, so I was lucky enough to put some headphones on to fully enjoy the sound and soundtrack of the game. Btw, I will always enjoy 3rd person action games on PC more since the mouse gives you a much more quick and efficient look-camera, but I played ACB on XBOX so I was good to go

Supplies ordered pizza, mars etc. Phone on Airplane mode. Time to (try) to enjoy AC3.

This will not be a review, but merely very quick thoughts on the game so people can understand my feelings towards it.

On very short, it is a good enough to be considered a sequel, it passes the standard, but it is not enough.

I think this franchise's main problem was the lack of focus at a managerial level right after AC2 released and the departure of Patrice Desilet, which controversial or not, surely had an impact on the released games afterwards, and if you also add Patrice's mini-rant from earlier this year, you could tell it was a project that started in a way or with a purpose (social stealth, immersiveness, ethical issues) and changed for something which may be better or worse.
The most important thing which is not discussed too often is that, according to a very recent interview from a high-profile developer on AC3 (can't remember the name now) is that AC was designed to be a trilogy and not only that, but with AC3 being a MODERN DAY GAME ONLY. Sure, things change on the road, new ideas and opportunities appear, but please do not bring the "people-want-history" argument. Yes, it is a valid one, but I am talking strictly from a story point of view. Just think about what that could have meant for the series !

I think we can all agree that ACB and ACR did not deliver ANYTHING new besides Lucy. We didn't learn anything about TWCB, about why they lead the humans, who created them.
They were just perfectly entered at the end of AC2 and left there to dust.
Moving forward, AC3 would have been FORCED to deliver more insights on the game and fully..I mean FULLY answer all, if not most, of our questions. Eve, Desmond's "Son" etc, for those who finished AC3 know what I mean.
Not only forced, but way more people to focus on a SINGLE game, not 3 games. AC1 and AC2 had the entire team focus on a single game.
I don't believe what they say like 6 different studions, 1 million people. If we take the product for what it is, their theory is failing.
ACB, ACR and AC3 (to some extenct) did not deliver the same the first 2 games did.

Further more, the conflicting statements from big people like Corey May. He even stated that at the end of Brotherhood he wanted a scene with Ezio seeing Da Vinci die and he doesn't know to this date why that hasn't happened. The change in writers, the change in Creative Directors, this constant change made a definite negative impact on the series in my honorous opinion and I am sure I am not the only one thinking this.

Then there were this "3rd party" stuff like comics and Facebook games and everything. Sure, it's nice to get a mini-game every once in a while.
Daniel Cross is the finest example of lack of definite purpose and mis-communication between departments.
For non-important story stuff like Altair on that island, it's fine for a portable game, BUT if you put important plot characters of a VIDEO GAME in COMICS, which are NOT even available international, do not expect me to get the full experience of the game (Cross is obviously in AC3).

I could go on and on with examples, the thing is don't make 3 games in 3 years and expect all of them to be good.
AC started out as a fantastic new story and immersive world and turned into a decent generic action game with only a drop of the experience which once was.
Ubi now has my money (again) but be sure this is the last time I buy an AC game.

To quote Connor : It's not enough :)

TrueAssassin77
11-03-2012, 10:34 PM
this guy really believes this game feels like ACR and ACB?......

im not sure what medical condition you are suffering from, but AC3 doesn.t even share the same breathing air as those games.

i can't believe this guy is comparing colonial america to renissance italy or freaking constianoploe.

i can't believe this guy is saying that a freaking forest is just like ACR? like ACB?

im not gonna to even argue with this guy, there is obviously something wrong with him.

playassassins1
11-03-2012, 11:10 PM
In my opinion. AC III feels like something completely new.... The setting is fantastic, to me the atmosphere is great. And something new compared to previous Assassin's Creed games. Basically everything has been improved.

It's like you're hating on AC III because it's not AC II.... Just because something is different doesn't mean it's not good. I mean, wouldn't be fun if they made every AC game with an AC II tone to it, it would get boring eventually. Sometimes, change is good. And it's not like they removed the core things of this franchise. Viewpoints are still there, parkour is still there. Social stealth hasn't been removed, it's only gotten better.

But, it's your choice, and I'm not stopping you from making that choice.

yly3
11-04-2012, 12:30 PM
@TrueAssassin77 . You obviously haven't read my post, at least carefully. My feelings are the same with the "Just Not The Same" Topic. I even wrote that AC3 is FINALLY a sequel, but it is not enough.

ProdiGurl
11-04-2012, 12:39 PM

K - I'm totally puzzled too. Looks as if he just watched someone else play some of the game & he's not impressed. Might I add that watching other people's gameplay is not nearly as good as playing it personally? Totally different.
And this story is better written than Ezio's entire trilogy (which isn't bashing, I'm a diehard lover of every one of those games & I plan on doing a replay of AC2-ACR when I'm done w/ AC3).

This game is so good that I'm actually not missing my hero, EZIO (which I thought they could never accomplish for me). Also, the graphics are distinctly 200% better and GORGEOUS.
I have no clue what the OP's problem is... he isn't describing the same game I'm playing right now that's for sure.

To each their own - I don't doubt AC will pick up more fans with this release.

ProdiGurl
11-04-2012, 12:44 PM
Let me start by saying I haven't read any of the replies, so my response is just working on your first post.

While you're very detailed and constructive with your criticisms, I couldn't disagree with you more. You can't base the game on the preview videos we've recently seen. The cinematics are less than plastic, if anything they're more hollywood than ever.

Combat? That's had a total overhaul. I don't understand what you mean by the plastic AC1 feeling? The combat if anything is exactlyl ike Arkham City. You can't just sit and tap counter constantly, you now hit counter, everything slows for a second and you've got to hit the correct button to suit the enemy archetype. For example, a standard soldier, you'd hit Counter, then quickly hit attack to kill him. Or you can hit counter, then your tool button and shoot him in the face. Again, double, and even triple counters are now present.

As for the scriptwriting etc, I think it's great this time round. There's a lot of comedy (Classic British insults like 'Nob-Head' etc), and the character has emotion, for example, Connor getting extremely annoyed and shouting at the character before the Boston Tea Party.

However, your decision has clearly been made, and the main thing is, you're buying the game eventually.

As for your Patrice 15% thing... I don't get how someone who didn't make the game should get any money for it..? He worked on AC1 and AC2.. why does he need money for AC3? That's Hutchinson and his teams work?

This is def. worth a repeat quote here - Spot on. ^

Another one worth repeating:

In my opinion. AC III feels like something completely new.... The setting is fantastic, to me the atmosphere is great. And something new compared to previous Assassin's Creed games. Basically everything has been improved.

It's like you're hating on AC III because it's not AC II.... Just because something is different doesn't mean it's not good. I mean, wouldn't be fun if they made every AC game with an AC II tone to it, it would get boring eventually. Sometimes, change is good. And it's not like they removed the core things of this franchise. Viewpoints are still there, parkour is still there. Social stealth hasn't been removed, it's only gotten better.

But, it's your choice, and I'm not stopping you from making that choice.

pb0yd1
11-04-2012, 02:18 PM
First post on here ,but not first visit .Anyway ive been whith ubi since ps2 (gamer) and to me AC3 has given me that wow feeling i got whith AC2 & 1 .I want to know whats next can i slide under the fence instead going over , i have to plan every attack not just 2 button spam ,imo i take my hat of too the whole team .
Thank you a company that deliver and exceeds it imo .Rare nowadays . ***** 10/10.

Dog 0f War
11-04-2012, 03:29 PM
AC1 fanboy
Brotherhood disgraced
Revelations meh meh meh

Don't want to sound like a cry-baby,
Too late!

pirate1802
11-04-2012, 03:35 PM
Too late!

Am I too late to say goodbye? :(

Turul.
11-04-2012, 03:44 PM
so youre brushing this game off before you even tried it?

you will not be missed

ProGamerX56
12-19-2012, 06:43 PM
@yly3
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood was the best in the series, not "disgrased", AC3 will be great, I'm just hoping they'll continue it...

Gi1t
12-19-2012, 07:47 PM
Update. Rest assured, this post DOES NOT contain any spoilers on AC3.

So, I put my money where my mouth is and even though I do not have a console, I made all the efort possible to play the game on day 1. I went to my local release party, bought the PS3 version, then I borrowed a friend's PS3, bought myself a 24" TV (didn't find anyone who could borrow me one, because they use it daily as TVs, thank god for 30-day-return policy)
It was one with a 3.5mm jack audio, so I was lucky enough to put some headphones on to fully enjoy the sound and soundtrack of the game. Btw, I will always enjoy 3rd person action games on PC more since the mouse gives you a much more quick and efficient look-camera, but I played ACB on XBOX so I was good to go

Supplies ordered pizza, mars etc. Phone on Airplane mode. Time to (try) to enjoy AC3.

This will not be a review, but merely very quick thoughts on the game so people can understand my feelings towards it.

On very short, it is a good enough to be considered a sequel, it passes the standard, but it is not enough.

I think this franchise's main problem was the lack of focus at a managerial level right after AC2 released and the departure of Patrice Desilet, which controversial or not, surely had an impact on the released games afterwards, and if you also add Patrice's mini-rant from earlier this year, you could tell it was a project that started in a way or with a purpose (social stealth, immersiveness, ethical issues) and changed for something which may be better or worse.
The most important thing which is not discussed too often is that, according to a very recent interview from a high-profile developer on AC3 (can't remember the name now) is that AC was designed to be a trilogy and not only that, but with AC3 being a MODERN DAY GAME ONLY. Sure, things change on the road, new ideas and opportunities appear, but please do not bring the "people-want-history" argument. Yes, it is a valid one, but I am talking strictly from a story point of view. Just think about what that could have meant for the series !

I think we can all agree that ACB and ACR did not deliver ANYTHING new besides Lucy. We didn't learn anything about TWCB, about why they lead the humans, who created them.
They were just perfectly entered at the end of AC2 and left there to dust.
Moving forward, AC3 would have been FORCED to deliver more insights on the game and fully..I mean FULLY answer all, if not most, of our questions. Eve, Desmond's "Son" etc, for those who finished AC3 know what I mean.
Not only forced, but way more people to focus on a SINGLE game, not 3 games. AC1 and AC2 had the entire team focus on a single game.
I don't believe what they say like 6 different studions, 1 million people. If we take the product for what it is, their theory is failing.
ACB, ACR and AC3 (to some extenct) did not deliver the same the first 2 games did.

Further more, the conflicting statements from big people like Corey May. He even stated that at the end of Brotherhood he wanted a scene with Ezio seeing Da Vinci die and he doesn't know to this date why that hasn't happened. The change in writers, the change in Creative Directors, this constant change made a definite negative impact on the series in my honorous opinion and I am sure I am not the only one thinking this.

Then there were this "3rd party" stuff like comics and Facebook games and everything. Sure, it's nice to get a mini-game every once in a while.
Daniel Cross is the finest example of lack of definite purpose and mis-communication between departments.
For non-important story stuff like Altair on that island, it's fine for a portable game, BUT if you put important plot characters of a VIDEO GAME in COMICS, which are NOT even available international, do not expect me to get the full experience of the game (Cross is obviously in AC3).

I could go on and on with examples, the thing is don't make 3 games in 3 years and expect all of them to be good.
AC started out as a fantastic new story and immersive world and turned into a decent generic action game with only a drop of the experience which once was.
Ubi now has my money (again) but be sure this is the last time I buy an AC game.

To quote Connor : It's not enough :)

Actually, I do get the same vibe about the series' progression. Brotherhood was pretty 'meh' for me. It seemed like they sort of lost interest in their original premise from that point on. Social stealth kind of got lost in a sea of other features originally added for variety. And I think I just started to question whether the game's new premise was really all that unique compared to other games. As it stands today, it's a combination of many 'good' things, but it just isn't the sort of game I'd be dying to pick up and play for some particular reason such as "I love that story" or "I need a good fight" etc. AC does all that stuff relatively well, but if I got one of those feelings, there are other games I'd go to first. So yeah, I kind of got the same vibe, where the series started off really interesting, and then became more "something to do".

As for the three games three years thing, I think Sands of Time would beg to differer, but that was a generation ago. It seems like these days, working with the latest technology, games do need more time to fully develop. :) I think it would be better to say, "don't expect the same quality from less development time".

shobhit7777777
12-19-2012, 08:15 PM
I feel OP should try the game and then form judgements

Personally...I agree with some points. But issues like graphics and animation? Naa...it does feel like the next step.

AC3 is a cluster****...but it does show potential.

WarriorAegis
12-19-2012, 08:20 PM
Geez, guys. He's not a troll, he gave his honest opinion, respected us who love the game, and gave his reasons for leaving the series. Leave him alone. :mad:

Anyway, to the OP: Thank you for your respect. I do love the game, and I'm glad you respectively posted your opinion on the matter. I hope you might change your mind one day, but that's up to you. :) Happy trails!

Assassin_M
12-19-2012, 08:21 PM
Geez, guys. He's not a troll, he gave his honest opinion, respected us who love the game, and gave his reasons for leaving the series. Leave him alone. :mad:

Anyway, to the OP: Thank you for your respect. I do love the game, and I'm glad you respectively posted your opinion on the matter. I hope you might change your mind one day, but that's up to you. :) Happy trails!
Soooo late.....So late

WarriorAegis
12-19-2012, 08:28 PM
Soooo late.....So late

I was mostly responding to the first page, but yeah, I'm late. :P But my last part is for the OP.

Soulid_Snake
12-19-2012, 11:14 PM
Quite alot of the guys are quite hard on Revelations, IMO, it bought alot of new stuff to the franchise, it even had essences of AC2! AC3, I want to forget!

Assassin_M
12-19-2012, 11:18 PM
it even had essences of AC2!

That`s exaclty why people hated it...

Soulid_Snake
12-19-2012, 11:35 PM
That`s exaclty why people hated it...

Care to elaborate, M?