PDA

View Full Version : What's your favorite/least favorite Assassin's Creed game? Why?

theshankpimp19
09-28-2012, 04:55 AM
Since Assassin's Creed III is coming out, I decided to finish all the games beforehand. The only ones I hadn't played were Revelations and the original Assassin's Creed. I finished Revelations, and am almost done with AC. But this got me thinking, out of all 4 games, which do I like the most and which do I like the least.

For me, my favorite is AC2. It was the first one I played, and the story was amazing. I got it the day it released, and I played it almost every day until Brotherhood came out. The fighting was perfect, the cities were beautiful, and it really made me feel proud to be part Italian because Ezio was such a badass. And fist-fighting the Pope was something I've dreamed of doing for years.

My least favorite so far is the original AC. It's just infuriating. The Assassinations are annoying because it always ends up with you being chased by like, 50 guards all the while that ear shattering bell is going off. The build up to the Assassinations are monotonous and I just flat out hate the timed Assassinations and capture the flag missions. The climbing is painfully slow. Although, I don't hate everything about this game (the story is pretty much the only thing keeping me going), it's by far my least favorite AC game.

So what are your favorite/least favorite of the Assassin's Creed series, and why?

Assassin_M
09-28-2012, 04:57 AM
You hate AC I for the same reason everybody else here loves it..Favorite is ACR..I have no least favorite..What one lacks in a certain field, it makes up for it in another.....But if I had to make an Order It`d be ACR > AC II > AC I > ACB

DavisP92
09-28-2012, 05:03 AM
LOL AC1 was the best freedom wise for me, mainly because I could plan out how to kill my targets. Picking out guards before it attacked the target and escaping without anyone seeing me. Gameplay wise my favorite is AC2. My least favorite is ACR and ACB in that order.

projectpat06
09-28-2012, 05:08 AM
AC2 is my favorite in terms of story and the locations. I only wish they could somehow remake it with the fighting mechanics of the AC Brotherhood or Revelations games. Revelations is surprisingly my second favorite because it caught me off good in how much I actually enjoyed it. I wasn't too thrilled about all the new added features and concepts or having a really old Ezio when I first heard about the game; however, to me it ended up having the best gameplay features. Brotherhood was good, but it was still meh in terms of story, returning characters, and location. I just never really liked Rome that much for some reason, and there were maybe 4 Papal Guards to fight in the entire city so there was no point of using the recruits for help. Ezio was in his most bad *** state though. AC1 was still good to me but doesn't compare to the other games.

roostersrule2
09-28-2012, 05:29 AM
Favourite-AC2.
Least Favourite but still amazing-AC1.

YuurHeen
09-28-2012, 05:40 AM
again this thread?

o well

in my opinion

1:AC1: best setting and best feeling
2:ACR: best story
3:ACB: most fun
4:AC2: most characters?

ProletariatPleb
09-28-2012, 05:51 AM
Fav - AC1
Least fav - ACB and ACR

MetalCreed
09-28-2012, 05:58 AM
Fav: AC2- story, scale/size, major improvements from AC1, characters, gameplay, content, fun as hell and most memorable
Least fave: AC1, I'm a big AC fan, but I just can't bare completing AC1. I played it 3 years ago, tried to pick it up 3 years after, just couldn't bare it.

LoyalACFan
09-28-2012, 06:47 AM
Each had their own individual strengths.

I- best exploration. The combat and missions were way too repetitive for my liking, but I still pop it in every once in a while and find things I've never seen before.
II- best setting. I absolutely adored Venice.
Brotherhood- best combat. It could be argued that Revelations' combat was essentially the same thing, but the new, over-the-top animations were a bit much IMO.
Revelations- best story. The only game of the franchise where the main villain actually surprised me, and the scene in Altair's library is priceless.

Overall, I'd have to go with II. Brotherhood's story was sort of lacking, and Revelations had too many annoying new mechanics.

Hawk Eye 2512
10-01-2012, 05:35 AM
Fav- Ac2
Least Fav- Revelations

Evenesque
10-01-2012, 05:40 AM
Favorite was ACB because I'd been dreaming of having minions since about 5 hours into the first game.

Least favorite was ACR if I'd have to pick. Mostly because I didn't identify with the setting or the bombs that much. It also made a few more mistakes than the other games, even though they didn't necessarily bother me. They were just there, but they didn't effect my enjoyment of the game for once.

I avoided Den-Defense like a herpes plague though. I remember running across the map at full tilt knocking over pedestrians and guards all over the place just so I didn't have to defend that stupid Den again.

I didn't make it ><

Kit572
10-01-2012, 06:32 AM
I can't decide, but for me it works like this:

AC1: Best feeling (Like YurHeen said), and I loved how you had to use your brains to plan your attacks. Tried to get all achievements but I gave up because I got lazy :P
AC2: Longest, most fun, and most interesting out of the entire series so far and I loved it! Music was epic as well. I even got all achievements for AC2 because I loved it so much
ACB: Eh, It's good, but I don't like it as much as AC2. The only reason why I play this the most out of the entire series, is because of the Kill Streaking.
ACR: It was fun, and I loved the ending much better than the other games (I cried when Altair died because he was, and will always be, my favourite character. I also cried when Ezio got to talk to Desmond because I found it touching). But after I finished it, I got bored. Only started playing it for the multiplayer and achievements. And like Evenesque, I didn't like the setting.

AC3, looks like its going to be my favourite seeing as I don't have a favourite AC game yet, and Its got almost everything I could possibly want in it! :)

BBALive
10-01-2012, 07:22 AM
AC2 is my favourite. ACR is my least favourite.

connor_bg
10-01-2012, 08:46 AM
My favorite is ACB - Even that the story didn't have variety in terms of targets and their personalities, i think the game itself had a lot and lot variety of missions, challenges, conquering, collectables and so on. Plus the combat was something unique for the overall gaming industry. Rome was the greatest city i've seen in a game.

AC2- The story was great and the game had pretty orginial soundtrack that fitted really well with the atmosphere, the game itself was long too. The combat seemed repetative and lacked variety compared to all AC games.

AC1- Great about being realistic. Great graphics for it's time. But the unskipable cutscenes and the repetativeness were annoying.

Least favorite ACR- Brought back ACB's in terms of movement in combat with few additions in both. But the janissary's archetype was a plus for me. Minus- The non realistic clothes, climbing and some brutal kill moves. I hated the hookblade. The sound effects were annoying. The majority of bugs the game had was the biggest minus for me (possibly the most bugged game i've ever played).

hadarm18
10-01-2012, 11:16 AM
AC2>AC1>ACB/ACR

But they are all great games and i like all of them
This is just my favorite/least favorite order

iSoTryHard
10-01-2012, 11:39 AM
AC 2- Best Story, Very Likeable Characters ( I mean it won game of the year)
AC R- Good Story Ezio wasnt mean
AC 1 Very Fun, Built the structure to a very memroble seies
AC B Wierd Spike in difficulty, Ezio was mean, didnt develop ezio properly

Markaccus
10-01-2012, 11:47 AM
First time post. I've only played ac1 and 2, having bought ac1 not long after release, and stopping before completion. Picked it up a month ago, and immediately decided I would get ac2. Both games are now complete (minus 2 of the 3 templar lairs) so I'm about to move on to brotherhood, and have been told to skip revelations because its repetative (?). To answer the question, I liked 2 more than 1, its superior in every way, but 2 could never have happened if it hadn't been for the trail blazing ideas in 1.

aparkes333
10-01-2012, 11:48 AM
The first one, because I've always loved the time setting.

Jexx21
10-01-2012, 11:55 AM
1. Acr
2. Acb
3. Ac2
4. Ac1

LightRey
10-01-2012, 12:02 PM
I'm not one for picking favorites.

Sickull
10-01-2012, 12:10 PM
ACB was the best so far IMO
it took the formula for gameplay in AC2 and improved it
it had better and more detestable villain
the training simulation
horses could go into town
the lairs and leonardo's invention missions were great
Parachutes...

lukaszep
10-01-2012, 12:14 PM
It's hard to choose a least favourite, no game will ever completely satisfy anyone. At least, I'm always one of those people that thinks "omg that was amazing...but it could have been slightly better if they'd done this". Yes it's a curse.
AC1, for the whole experience of it, at the time was mind blowing. Same applies for AC2. I love AC:R and AC:B but they didn't have the same, whole-new-experience-feeling.

AC:R I think is actually the best game in the series (but only because the previous games made it so).

FrankieSatt
10-01-2012, 01:54 PM
After seeing videos of ACIII I think my opinion will change once I play AC3.

However, right now my favorite is AC2 and my least favorite is Revelations.

dewgel
10-01-2012, 02:13 PM
First time post. I've only played ac1 and 2, having bought ac1 not long after release, and stopping before completion. Picked it up a month ago, and immediately decided I would get ac2. Both games are now complete (minus 2 of the 3 templar lairs) so I'm about to move on to brotherhood, and have been told to skip revelations because its repetative (?). To answer the question, I liked 2 more than 1, its superior in every way, but 2 could never have happened if it hadn't been for the trail blazing ideas in 1.

Welcome to the forums fellow Toon man! :D Good to see another on here ;)

Me, personally, I'd call my favourites as most people

AC2
ACB
ACR
AC1

Reason for ACB being better than ACR, I loved how it started. They got the graphics perfectly fine. The story went a bit weird at some points, like when you get the Apple.. I really lost track there.

Markaccus
10-01-2012, 02:54 PM
Welcome to the forums fellow Toon man! :D Good to see another on here ;)

Me, personally, I'd call my favourites as most people

AC2
ACB
ACR
AC1

Reason for ACB being better than ACR, I loved how it started. They got the graphics perfectly fine. The story went a bit weird at some points, like when you get the Apple.. I really lost track there.

Cheers mate. I am soon to introduce myself to ACB, havnt got much time to do it before AC3. I sense many sleepless nights ahead! Is there a version of ACB available with all the DLC included (sorry if this has been asked)

dewgel
10-01-2012, 03:00 PM
Cheers mate. I am soon to introduce myself to ACB, havnt got much time to do it before AC3. I sense many sleepless nights ahead! Is there a version of ACB available with all the DLC included (sorry if this has been asked)

Yeah I think there is, but it's not worth it. Just buy a second hand copy of Brotherhood from Grainger Games for 15 and get the DLC off the XBL / PSN store for 9.99 (I think)

If you're headed to any midnight releases, get to GAME in Eldon Square. They're planning something really fun!

pacmanate
10-01-2012, 03:12 PM
This is really hard because all the different games have aspects I like that weren't in others...

Favourite - AC2
Least Favourite - AC:R

DONT MAKE ME CHOOSE D:

Markaccus
10-01-2012, 03:17 PM
Yeah I think there is, but it's not worth it. Just buy a second hand copy of Brotherhood from Grainger Games for 15 and get the DLC off the XBL / PSN store for 9.99 (I think)

If you're headed to any midnight releases, get to GAME in Eldon Square. They're planning something really fun!

Ah right, I will just do that then. I actually seen it on gamestations site for 12.99 new, so I might even get it for 8 quid second hand.
Don't think i'll be at a midnight release, people might look at me funny if I hang around a game shop at 35 years old in the middle of the night :D

ACfan443
10-01-2012, 03:48 PM
Favourite: AC1
Least favourite(s): ACB>ACR

AC1 had an awesome, immersive, dark and ominous atmosphere. It also looked beautiful and realistic, I felt the other games looked slightly cartooney.
However my top place could potentially change when AC3 comes out ;)

SteelCity999
10-01-2012, 05:02 PM
AC2 sticks out in my mind more than the other games, as my favorite.

However, the rest of the games are all very good and are pretty even overall. The escape sequences in AC1 were always fun to me - I wish AC2 had kept that since most of the cities had bell towers of some sort.

SleezeRocker
10-01-2012, 06:36 PM
Assassin's Creed 2- it's my ultimate favorite. Amazing setting, awesome characters, better combat.

-Graphics dubbed down from AC1 but perhaps since AC2 had formal cutscenes than Ac1? Still To me the only downside of AC2 was I was kind of not expecting to graphics go down but gameplay was heck amazing so I didn't mind! Oh yeah also a another minus (or 2) is that we had to pay for CH12-13 and missions weren't really replayable :/

AC Brotherhood- Side missions had more kick to them than AC2, fighting was a bit faster thanks to killstreaking or Assassin Rage as I like to call it ;) also the multiplayer was fun, totally new and fresh from the usual First/Third person shooting games (If BrO. had the matchmake of ACRO i'd be playing more BrO.) To me ACB is an awesome Quick AC game to play.

-Villian was more of a power hungry bully rather than a Templar, that was my impression of Cesare. Also not much 'important' kills unlike the last 2 games. Horses sucked since they couldn't gallop so transportation felt really slow in ACB. I didn't really care for horse travel in the city since over crowded and/or narrow spaces. Other than that I have no real negative view of ACB.

Assassin's Creed 1- For the time; Awesome scenery (except is it Acre? That place is so grey and boring lol), obviously started the story for one our favorite games so have to respect that.

-combat was bland and repetitive I pretty much almost always just stand there and Counter kill gurad A, then Guard B wants a pice of altair, then Guard B is down and I counter kill guards C,D,E,F,G.....until there are no more or they actually run away. Climbing is heck especiially if you're used to climbing from AC2+ since at the time, woo im Spiderman! but now it's arduous!
Also Death by Water!! that sucked when ever you did an Eagle Fail lol. the mian thing I dislike in Ac1 was is pretty much combat.

AC Revelations- Graphics definately went up significantly. I kind of like the faster fighting and the slow-mo final kills. Hookblade was fun, climbing was faster and using the rope rails were kind of fun (if there was one heading down towards your location...). the amazing twist of the real enemy was pretty cool said it made me 'Ooooh' Cat on the game lol. also ending gave some insight about end of ACB and the catastrophe of TOWCB. Also Lost Archive addon had some good backstory ;)

- the bad; I felt Ezio did quite a few Fail's as an Assassin (I'd point some out but for the sake of spoilers to those that have not play ACR I won't describe em) in this game and I always think Ezio could have evaluated his situation(s) a little more through.. Also most of the male NPC's looked like Desmond and most of the Female NPC's looked like Sofia. speaking of Sofia, I noticed she looked kind of older/pig nosed? in ACR whereas in early trailers of ACR she looked younger and had her hair a little more loose. I guess they tried covering that by making Sofia bustier I guess. also there was a lack of any really good side missions. the only real fun side missions were the Master Assassin missions. Altair's memories were mega short and I think I had read like a year ago this time, that altair missions owuld've been like 30min each...instead it felt more like 30min all together :/ the multiplayer was kind of Assassinated. the matchmaking was great, that definately improved from BrO. but new detction mode, more run n stabbing I just don't really even touch ACRO anymore.

so all in AC2 is my all-time fav that I can keep replaying while ACR, though nice combat, felt the weakest of the series.

NewBlade200
10-01-2012, 06:43 PM
Fav is probably AC2. Least fav is ACR because it just feels like ACB only with more hooks. And it felt like Ezio was just looking for a reason to be relavant

RapNoize
10-01-2012, 06:51 PM
I really loved ALL of them.
Guys did a great job, really.
Was waiting for AC1 since POP saga ended. Was extremely intrigued with its ending.
Then AC2 came out. I was freaking out XD. Leonardo, Ezio, Mario. There also was such a cliffhanger at the end.
ACB and ACR were both extremely awesome considering amount of time each of them was given. I was almost crying when Yusuf and Christina died :(

No words, only emotions.
Waiting for Connor, Desmond, Wiiliam, Shaun and Rebecca to rock on in AC3

Tsio looks great BTW :o

SleezeRocker
10-01-2012, 07:09 PM
I really loved ALL of them.
I was almost crying when Yusuf and Christina died :(
Thanks a lot jack hole! lol just messing :P

Ps- Im going to take a wild guess...but is your siganture photo by any chance from a Nightwing/D i ck Grayson comic O_o?

RapNoize
10-01-2012, 07:12 PM
Thanks a lot jack hole! lol just messing :P

Ps- Im going to take a wild guess...but is your siganture photo by any chance from a Nightwing/D i ck Grayson comic O_o?
Nah. It's from The Darkness
And my profpic is from AC3 :D

SleezeRocker
10-01-2012, 07:14 PM
Nah. It's from The Darkness
Oh alright, by looking at the guy I thought it was Grayson/Nightwing since I thik there was a similiar scene in my Nightwing Lost year book lol

andreja110s
10-01-2012, 07:18 PM
I like every single AC game, but if I had to say:
least favourite: ACR( I hate the enviroment, and that one time I wanted the guards to be stupid, they detected me -_- Ezio is no fun, hes just too serious, his chlotes are not white( I dyed his chlotes but that is not white if you ask me)
favourite: ACB( like the chlotes, Rome is beautiful, you can ride horses instead of using tunnels)

Layytez
10-01-2012, 07:22 PM
Favourite - ACB because it felt like what AC2 should have been.
Least favourite - ACR because it literally had the most important info related to the plot at the end of the game and in ****ing paid dlc.

kalo.yanis
10-01-2012, 07:32 PM
Here's how they stand up against each other in my opinion:
AC1 - Best escapes (seriously, no other AC game has come even close) and assassinations. Also, best cliffhanger.
AC2 - Best setting, most gameplay value. Biggest step-up. Best soundtrack.
ACB - Dullest city (at least the central part), easiest fighting (albeit cool), worst story. Best assassin robes and best training sequences.
ACR - Best single setting, best fighting, best graphics, best story, least amount of gameplay (sadly).Second best soundtrack.

So I suppose I could order them like this: ACR>AC2>AC1>ACB

Wreaver
10-01-2012, 08:48 PM
AC2-Its the game that bought me into the series,great story and gameplay I loved it from beginning to end.
AC1-It was quite a struggle to get through because AC2 spoiled me,I heard how repetitive it was and how I should start with AC2 so I did then bought AC1 but I was mainly playing it for the story and the Assassinations.
ACB-I kept waiting to leave Rome and visit the other cities the entire game,It also felt as if Ezio's story was dragging along it could have been recaped at the beginning of Revelations.
ACR-Constinope was alot better than Rome and I liked the additions of the hook-blade and how Assassin recruits were more fleshed out than before, I liked Revelations the most because of the return of Altair,the story was actually going somewhere. The order is AC2>ACR>AC1>ACB. But of course I think ACIII with be the best of them all :)

zainzombie
10-01-2012, 08:58 PM
Favourite = AC2.. Great game, beautiful cities (esp. Venice) and a huge step forward in the series. Also the story only got better with AC2.

Least favourite is AC1... I loved the game but if I have to choose one then I will go with 1, simply because it was too repetitive.

sasukeuchiha50
10-01-2012, 09:27 PM
Brotherhood because it had more stuff.

Mr_Shade
10-01-2012, 11:00 PM
well it's removed now ;)

Lets not replace it - the forums are no place for leaks of content not released to the public;)