PDA

View Full Version : Hosting a release party, need ideas/advice!

Turul.
09-27-2012, 02:06 AM
I'm a sony brand representative for my university, and I've teamed up with the ubisoft brand rep and our local gamestop.

We're planning a launch party for AC3 and I needed/wanted ideas straight from fans!

What should be at the party?! (food, games, prizes, etc.)

DavisP92
09-27-2012, 02:14 AM
Obviously have a lot of drinks, water, sprite, coke and diet coke. Maybe even fanta/sunkist drinks, cans should be good. Buy some oreos because you can get a bunch for relatively cheap cost. Chips, Lays and Cheetos would be cool. Maybe even pizza as well.

Games could be ACR multiplayer, throw back for AC2, and maybe some co-op game. Borderlands 2 would be a good idea. And obviously for those that like sports the new madden.

Prizes could be discounts on pre-owned games, lets say 5 dollar off a game or something, a controller (ps3 or xbox), what about a AC statue, discount on AC guide, or the first AC dlc free. Stuff like that would be cool

Hope at least one of my ideas were useful

MetalCreed
09-27-2012, 02:17 AM
Obviously have a lot of drinks, water, sprite, coke and diet coke. Maybe even fanta/sunkist drinks, cans should be good. Buy some oreos because you can get a bunch for relatively cheap cost. Chips, Lays and Cheetos would be cool. Maybe even pizza as well.

Games could be ACR multiplayer, throw back for AC2, and maybe some co-op game. Borderlands 2 would be a good idea. And obviously for those that like sports the new madden.

Prizes could be discounts on pre-owned games, lets say 5 dollar off a game or something, a controller (ps3 or xbox), what about a AC statue, discount on AC guide, or the first AC dlc free. Stuff like that would be cool

Hope at least one of my ideas were useful
Way too subjective bro

MangoCookies
09-27-2012, 02:23 AM
Ooh a launch party! I'd say perhaps two or even three consoles at the party! Since this party will represent AC3, at least two should be suffice and you'll be needing all the fans watching Connor. :o

Oh make sure you get food like that other guy said. :rolleyes:

DavisP92
09-27-2012, 02:27 AM
Way too subjective bro

:P i'm not the one throwing the party man, i'm just throwing out suggestions for the guy to look. Pizza is never subjective, same with drinks. If you're throwing an AC party it would make sense to have an AC game in the party for people to play. But hey at least i'm trying to help haha

Turul.
09-27-2012, 05:02 AM
thanks guys

looking to get some pizza and have atleast one ps3...and a psvita...will probably have music/clips on constant rotatte

Assassin_M
09-27-2012, 05:08 AM
Can I come ?:p

Turul.
09-27-2012, 05:14 AM
sure if you live in columbus ohio

Assassin_M
09-27-2012, 05:16 AM
sure if you live in columbus ohio
Damm it.. -_-

projectpat06
09-27-2012, 05:34 AM
http://moviedex.com/wp-content/uploads/2008_yes_man_0151.jpg

Something like this!

But in all seriousness, for any kind of university event, you want to give the students some kind of incentive to come. Otherwise they will probably just go geek it out in their own dorm rooms by themselves. Tshirts have always been a big hit for the events I put on for other student organizations. Giveaways and food is a must. Pizza is pretty easy but it really depends on how many people you are aiming for. I know in Athens, we have $5 large pizzas at dominos and papa johns on Tuesdays so that's cheap if your campus does the same. Posters usually work well, but you definitely want a few flat screens and some consoles to either allow people to test out the game if you have copies or play multiplayer tournaments for prizes. My fraternity used to have a rep come and do release tourneys for the new EA sports games where you could win copies. You could possibly have one flat screen with a computer hooked up to it to have the trailers and dev diaries play on a loop. Good looking Promo girls in AC tshirts works well too, but we usually just have them at the bars doing other promotions besides video games.

Sushiglutton
09-27-2012, 11:33 AM
- You should have a parkour track. If indoors you can rebuild one of the "get through a house sequences" from the game, using some tables etc.
- Archery is always nice. Do you have equipment at ur University perhaps?
- Tree climbing is the big new feature in the game. It's cheap and fun :)!
- Samuel Adams beer :)?
-
That's all for now.

nitres15
09-27-2012, 11:45 AM
-
- Archery is always nice. Do you have equipment at ur University perhaps?

i don´t think that is a good ideá, because atleast someone will be like "oh hey guys!!! , i´m shooting arrows like Connor !!!!!!" and hit someone in the eye

HisSpiritLives
09-27-2012, 11:48 AM
I'm a sony brand representative for my university, and I've teamed up with the ubisoft brand rep and our local gamestop.

We're planning a launch party for AC3 and I needed/wanted ideas straight from fans!

What should be at the party?! (food, games, prizes, etc.)

Ohh AC3 party ,yeah i am coming.....ohh wait, Ohio :(

Sushiglutton
09-27-2012, 11:50 AM
i don´t think that is a good ideá, because atleast someone will be like "oh hey guys!!! , i´m shooting arrows like Connor !!!!!!" and hit someone in the eye

Then you move to the pirate section of the party... Nah you are prob right. It's a bad idea to have weapons at parties.

HisSpiritLives
09-27-2012, 11:52 AM

Haha,hit someone in eye :D that really made me laugh

pacmanate
09-27-2012, 02:21 PM
Okay so!

Food

Doritos
Biscuits
Pizza (a must!)
Chocolate bars!

Drinks

Coke
Sprite
Fanta
All fizzy nice stuff

Consoles

I would say at least 4 -5 PS3's!

freddie_1897
09-27-2012, 02:26 PM
but then he would be connor!

nitres15
09-27-2012, 02:33 PM
but then he would be connor!
... he won´t be as good as him i might add

freddie_1897
09-27-2012, 02:35 PM
... he won´t be as good as him i might add
well he would get that bar saying Desynchrinisation is imminent

nitres15
09-27-2012, 02:47 PM
well he would get that bar saying Desynchrinisation is imminent

"you did not kill other nerds, Desynchrinisation is imminent"

Turul.
09-27-2012, 04:41 PM
thanks for the feedback guys!

im meeting with the ubisoft rep in a few days and well definitely throw some ideas around

weve got over a month to plan so it should be a great launch

Jamiedwi
09-27-2012, 04:51 PM
Since when do unis have reps from companies?

Oh and have one or two other games running as well in case (i hate to say it) people get bored of watching connor ie, FIFA 13, maybe Dishonored, although it may be easier to just get ubisoft games in your case.

Subject J80
09-27-2012, 05:45 PM
You have to have English tea :)

infamous_ezio
09-27-2012, 05:53 PM
I'll come, and i'll bring my hidden blade.

POP1Fan
09-27-2012, 07:02 PM
Free hugs, from beautiful women. And beer. Lots of it.

Turul.
09-27-2012, 11:29 PM
Free hugs, from beautiful women. And beer. Lots of it.

if only, if only

MT4K
09-27-2012, 11:43 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGom1LI7fcc

SeanDeffy
10-27-2012, 08:18 AM
http://moviedex.com/wp-content/uploads/2008_yes_man_0151.jpg

Something like this!

But in all seriousness, for any kind of university event, you want to give the students some kind of incentive to come. Otherwise they will probably just go geek it out in their own dorm rooms by themselves. Tshirts have always been a big hit for the events I put on for other student organizations. Giveaways and food is a must. Pizza is pretty easy but it really depends on how many people you are aiming for. I know in Athens, we have $5 large pizzas at dominos and papa johns on Tuesdays so that's cheap if your campus does the same. Posters usually work well, but you definitely want a few flat screens and some consoles to either allow people to test out the game if you have copies or play multiplayer tournaments for prizes. My fraternity used to have a rep come and do release tourneys for the new EA sports games where you could win copies. You could possibly have one flat screen with a computer hooked up to it to have the trailers and dev diaries play on a loop. Good looking Promo girls in AC tshirts works well too, but we usually just have them at the bars doing other promotions besides video games.

Yeah their tshirts are working now,But usually it has use to wore in special occasions like promotions and consolidations program.

horse t shirt (http://www.snoo***farms.com/horse-t-shirts)

Assassin_N111
10-27-2012, 08:34 AM
sound good