PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed: Ezio Trilogy

maxerx180
09-26-2012, 09:43 PM
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2012/09/26/assassin-39-s-creed-ezio-trilogy-announced.aspx

PlayStation 3 owners are getting an exclusive Assassin's Creed collection later this year that includes Assassin's Creed II with downloadable content, Assassin's Creed Brotherhood and Assassin's Creed Revelations on one Blu-ray disc.
The collection launches on November 13 for $39.99.

http://media1.gameinformer.com/imagefeed/featured/ubisoft/Ezio-Trilogy/ACET_BoxShot.jpg

LoyalACFan
09-26-2012, 09:49 PM
How stupid to release it after AC 3 comes out... They could pick up a lot more sales from people who think "Wow, AC 3 looks great, I should grab the other games and get into the series. Oh, what's this? a conveniently priced box set? Well, I'll be darned, I'll take one!"

ACfan443
09-26-2012, 10:00 PM
How stupid to release it after AC 3 comes out... They could pick up a lot more sales from people who think "Wow, AC 3 looks great, I should grab the other games and get into the series. Oh, what's this? a conveniently priced box set? Well, I'll be darned, I'll take one!"

But..a conveniently priced box set could attract even more sales, it's also a way of making sure newcomers pick up most of the games, instead of just the numbered titles.

LoyalACFan
09-26-2012, 10:06 PM
But..a conveniently priced box set could attract even more sales, it's also a way of making sure newcomers pick up most of the games, instead of just the numbered titles.

That's what I'm saying, but it should have been released before AC3. Then, if people want to get into the previous games before AC3 comes out (and I know several people who do) they could get this boxset at a discount and play them all before October 30. But now, those newcomers will probably skip the old games and jump right into AC3, and they won't be likely to go back and play the Ezio ones because frankly, AC3 will probably be better than all of them.

Alpha_SOLDIER_X
09-26-2012, 10:22 PM
Holy..... My dreams have become reality. Anybody know where I can pre order this? I hope it comes to gamestop, gonna trade in My ACr for it.

LoyalACFan
09-26-2012, 10:27 PM
Holy..... My dreams have become reality. Anybody know where I can pre order this? I hope it comes to gamestop, gonna trade in My ACr for it.

Wha...? Why? If you already have ACR, just keep it and buy AC2 and ACB if you don't have them. It would surely be cheaper than $40?

ACfan443
09-26-2012, 10:29 PM
That's what I'm saying, but it should have been released before AC3. Then, if people want to get into the previous games before AC3 comes out (and I know several people who do) they could get this boxset at a discount and play them all before October 30. But now, those newcomers will probably skip the old games and jump right into AC3, and they won't be likely to go back and play the Ezio ones because frankly, AC3 will probably be better than all of them.

Oh, now I see what you mean, that's actually a really good point.

Soulid_Snake
09-26-2012, 10:33 PM
Why? I got AC1 and 2 double pack, if I knew this was happening, I would have got AC as a stand alone title.

Alpha_SOLDIER_X
09-26-2012, 10:38 PM
Wha...? Why? If you already have ACR, just keep it and buy AC2 and ACB if you don't have them. It would surely be cheaper than $40?

I am assuming that it comes with all the Dlc as well. It saves me like 20$

xXRyzonXx
09-27-2012, 12:21 AM
If they were smart, they would've released this before AC3 comes out, that way, people would be like, "Oh, Trilogy, might aswell buy it!"

D.I.D.
09-27-2012, 01:03 AM
If they were smart, they would've released this before AC3 comes out, that way, people would be like, "Oh, Trilogy, might aswell buy it!"

I think they are quite smart, and quite good at selling games [/understatement]

If this came out before AC3, it could cause some problems with the marketing, and it could lose sales for AC3 (the more important thing this year). Games customers spend all of Oct/Nov complaining on the internet about there being more games than they can afford to buy. This is more likely intended as the thing for the new younger players to ask for as a Christmas present, or to buy for themselves in the new year, which requires very little marketing given that AC3's existence will pretty much sell it by itself.

INDIANA_PRIDE
09-27-2012, 01:23 AM
I hate seeing things like this after I just bought and beat ACR like a month ago for $40 and rull price for the others lol...Aw well.

Eskaminzim
09-27-2012, 07:09 AM
Yeah, I think they decided to release this after AC3 because if it was released before it could affect AC3's sales.

projectpat06
09-27-2012, 08:25 AM
I hate seeing things like this after I just bought and beat ACR like a month ago for $40 and rull price for the others lol...Aw well.

That sucks, I got ACR last November for $34 during the Black Friday/Cyber Monday sales. Same with Uncharted 3 and Battlefield 3. Arkham City was $30 then too. They'll prob do the same this year in case anyone wants to save some money, but it's only during that weekend.