PDA

View Full Version : Connor's Face?!

Soulid_Snake
09-25-2012, 03:49 AM
Why does Connor's face look unlike Altair's and Ezio's. After all , he is an ancestor of Desmond. Unless there's a big twist in the plot?

http://i922.photobucket.com/albums/ad69/woopy5000/des.png

Left to Right: Desmond, Altair, Ezio, and Connor.

Assassin_M
09-25-2012, 03:53 AM
What ?

kriegerdesgottes
09-25-2012, 03:54 AM
Connor is not related to either Ezio or Altair so it wouldn't make sense for him to look too much like them. I don't think that's actually been confirmed but it is very likely since the other two aren't related either. However I do wish he looked more like Desmond which I realize doesn't make a lot of sense since Desmond looks exactly like the other two but I still wish Connor looked more like Desmond. I still think Connor looks awesome though.

Assassin_M
09-25-2012, 03:57 AM
So.... Exactly a Year ago, People Were Moaning about Desmond/Altair/Ezio looking the same..NOW ??

People are sad because they don't look the same... I`ll go die

ZekNine-
09-25-2012, 04:00 AM
I think It's better this way. I don't want that ''oh yeah Connor look like Ezio, he moves like Ezio that's super cool''. We need a fresh start. At least I do.

MetalCreed
09-25-2012, 04:00 AM
Connor is not related to either Ezio or Altair so it wouldn't make sense for him to look too much like them. I don't think that's actually been confirmed but it is very likely since the other two aren't related either. However I do wish he looked more like Desmond which I realize doesn't make a lot of sense since Desmond looks exactly like the other two but I still wish Connor looked more like Desmond. I still think Connor looks awesome though.

This or the fact that all of Desmond's previous ancestors are Caucasian, so they would have Caucasian features, however this is the first time where our ancestor is only half Caucasian. Much of Connors features comes from her mother. I guess it's dominant.

Although there's a loophole here, Desmond's face is like his much older ancestors, why? No idea. Even though Altair and Ezio are not related why do they have the same face?

Soulid_Snake
09-25-2012, 04:01 AM
What ?

This is my point, Altair and Ezio are ancestors of Desmond, so they look like him(Desmond). Connor is an ancestor of Desmond, so why doesn't he look like Desmond?

Kaschra
09-25-2012, 04:03 AM
This is my point, Altair and Ezio are ancestors of Desmond, so they look like him(Desmond). Connor is an ancestor of Desmond, so why doesn't he look like Desmond?

Do you look like an exact copy of your parents? Probably not.

They just re-used the same model for Desmon, Ezio and Altair, which is pretty lazy if you ask me. They already changed that in Revelations, the three characters don't look like clones anymore.

xXHyperMidgetXx
09-25-2012, 04:07 AM
I think I heard somewhere that until Desmond was comfortable with the Animus, it would show his face instead of his ancestors. Hence the fact that Altair and Ezio in ACII and ACB looked exactly like Desmond. Why do you think Ezio looked so different in ACR?

rileypoole1234
09-25-2012, 04:10 AM
He doesn't have to look like him to be related to him. I don't look like my father.

That being said, he actually does look related to Desmond.

Assassin_M
09-25-2012, 04:10 AM
I think I heard somewhere that until Desmond was comfortable with the Animus, it would show his face instead of his ancestors. Hence the fact that Altair and Ezio in ACII and ACB looked exactly like Desmond. Why do you think Ezio looked so different in ACR?
He had Plastic Surgery

GunnarGunderson
09-25-2012, 04:13 AM
Desmond has been in the animus enough that avatar projection can be completely disabled

Soulid_Snake
09-25-2012, 04:15 AM
Do you look like an exact copy of your parents? Probably not.

Your right about that! But, when Desmond reenacts his ancestors memories through the Animus, Connor, should look like him!

kriegerdesgottes
09-25-2012, 04:18 AM
So.... Exactly a Year ago, People Were Moaning about Desmond/Altair/Ezio looking the same..NOW ??

People are sad because they don't look the same... I`ll go die

I was annoyed when people were complaining about that. I always that it was cool that they looked similar. My brother and I are both identical to ancestors we had that lived 150 years ago. So it was a cool idea that Desmond looked like them although it's incredibly unlikely since A: 500+ years would make that very unlikely( although the closest living relatives to Washington who did not have children but who are related through his brother look very much like Washington who has been dead since 1799. and B: It makes zero sense that Altair and Ezio look identical if they are not related to each other. Ubisoft's explanation is that the previous animi were projecting Desmond's face onto his ancestors or something like that while reliving their memories which is a stupid excuse but that's the official reason I believe.

Potato54321
09-25-2012, 04:25 AM
My brother and I are both identical to ancestors we had that lived 150 years ago.

Somehow I find this hard to believe.

kriegerdesgottes
09-25-2012, 04:47 AM
Somehow I find this hard to believe.

I have pictures of a couple of our ancestors who were born in the mid to late 19th century and we look identical to them. I don't care if you believe it or not. It's a fact. And furthermore there is a article about people visiting the descendants of George Washington's brother and they also look very much like Washington himself.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27075856/ns/technology_and_science-science/t/texan-george-washingtons-closest-kin/#.UGEpj1HYFKo

there76
09-25-2012, 05:03 AM
I have pictures of a couple of our ancestors who were born in the mid to late 19th century and we look identical to them. I don't care if you believe it or not. It's a fact. And furthermore there is a article about people visiting the descendants of George Washington's brother and they also look very much like Washington himself.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27075856/ns/technology_and_science-science/t/texan-george-washingtons-closest-kin/#.UGEpj1HYFKo
The guy looks nothing like Washington.

Abe Lincoln

http://www.wnd.com/images/101101lincolnstory.JPG

Abe Lincoln II Lincolns Grandson

http://www.arlingtoncemetery.net/abraham-lincoln-2-photo-003.jpg

They look completely different, and yet that is just two generations.

Assassin_M
09-25-2012, 05:10 AM
Who the hell cares ? The Guy said something.. Why argue ? Just let it be, Maybe he`s right.. Maybe he`s not.. WHO THE HELL CARES ??

kriegerdesgottes
09-25-2012, 05:13 AM
The guy looks nothing like Washington. .

You must be blind. You can definitely see his face in both of those men's faces. It doesn't always work that way. But sometimes, physical features can carry on for several generations.

there76
09-25-2012, 05:44 AM
You must be blind. You can definitely see his face in both of those men's faces. It doesn't always work that way. But sometimes, physical features can carry on for several generations.

Great, doesn't me that it will. You can just as easily look completely different. Everyone on earth is related to each other, and yet we look different from each other. Obama's mother is related to the first African slave, but she look totally white.

kriegerdesgottes
09-25-2012, 05:47 AM
Great, doesn't me that it will. You can just as easily look completely different. Everyone on earth is related to each other, and yet we look different from each other. Obama's mother is related to the first African slave, but she look totally white.

ok? I'm not denying that. My point was that it is possible to look similar to relatives who lived up to 250 years ago.

there76
09-25-2012, 06:26 AM
ok? I'm not denying that. My point was that it is possible to look similar to relatives who lived up to 250 years ago.

I thought you were the thread creator. :P

GLHS
09-25-2012, 08:25 AM
This or the fact that all of Desmond's previous ancestors are Caucasian, so they would have Caucasian features, however this is the first time where our ancestor is only half Caucasian. Much of Connors features comes from her mother. I guess it's dominant.

Although there's a loophole here, Desmond's face is like his much older ancestors, why? No idea. Even though Altair and Ezio are not related why do they have the same face?

First off, Altair is not even close to Caucasian. He's full blooded Middle Eastern. Second, they did just use the same face model for all three up until AC:R. Give it the story/Animus reason, or the face that the devs were just lazy, but either way, it's still the same model.

HisSpiritLives
09-25-2012, 08:28 AM
First off, Altair is not even close to Caucasian. He's full blooded Middle Eastern. Second, they did just use the same face model for all three up until AC:R. Give it the story/Animus reason, or the face that the devs were just lazy, but either way, it's still the same model.

I see Connor similarites with those three,Altair even didnt have face until Revelations, it was 100% Desmond.

pacmanate
09-25-2012, 08:29 AM
OMFG. The animus projected the face of Desmond on to his ancestors to make it easier for him. As he warmed up to the Animus we saw his ancestors true faces, hence AC:R's Altair and Ezio look different to the Desmond face model. This is the same for Connor.

RatonhnhakeFan
09-25-2012, 11:04 AM
First off, Altair is not even close to Caucasian. He's full blooded Middle Eastern.Huh? Middle Eastern people are Caucasian.

Second, they did just use the same face model for all three up until AC:R. Give it the story/Animus reason, or the face that the devs were just lazy, but either way, it's still the same model.Are the faces in ACR actually different? I mean, the face of old Ezio definitely is, but I'm not sure if new Desmond's face and new Altair's face are actually different models or just a different texture. Also, doesn't old Altair have the same face as old Ezio? Again, just with different textures/beard?

ProletariatPleb
09-25-2012, 11:10 AM
Huh? Middle Eastern people are Caucasian.
WHAT?!?!

Also, regarding the face discussion, I'll just leave this here:
http://i.imgur.com/yf73k.gif

Assassin_M
09-25-2012, 11:10 AM
Huh? Middle Eastern people are Caucasian.

Are the faces in ACR actually different? I mean, the face of old Ezio definitely is, but I'm not sure if new Desmond's face and new Altair's face are actually different models or just a different texture. Also, doesn't old Altair have the same face as old Ezio? Again, just with different textures/beard?
Nope..

RatonhnhakeFan
09-25-2012, 11:14 AM
WHAT?!?!Urhm, when you say "Caucasian", it also includes Middle Eastern/Mediterranean people, not sure why it's so shocking xD

Also, regarding the face discussion, I'll just leave this here:
http://i.imgur.com/yf73k.gifYeah but this is for AC1-ACB. In ACR, Desmond has a new face, old Ezio has a new face

Assassin_M
09-25-2012, 11:19 AM
Urhm, when you say "Caucasian", it also includes Middle Eastern/Mediterranean people, not sure why it's so shocking xD

Yeah but this is for AC1-ACB. In ACR, Desmond has a new face, old Ezio has a new face
And you Ignore my post.. -__-

ProletariatPleb
09-25-2012, 11:19 AM
Urhm, when you say "Caucasian", it also includes Middle Eastern/Mediterranean people, not sure why it's so shocking xD
Yeah but this is for AC1-ACB. In ACR, Desmond has a new face, old Ezio has a new face
That was for OP's picture.

And clearly you're not from the Middle East...
http://www.worldatlas.com/webimage/countrys/menewzz.gif

RatonhnhakeFan
09-25-2012, 11:21 AM
And you Ignore my post.. -__-sid was first :p I'm not so sure young Altair-young Desmond and old Altair-old Ezio had different faces, someone should extract models and do a comparison like the one above :p

And clearly you're not from the Middle East...
Urhm, I know where Middle East is

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caucasian_race

Assassin_M
09-25-2012, 11:24 AM
sid was first :p I'm not so sure young Altair-young Desmond and old Altair-old Ezio had different faces, someone should extract models and do a comparison like the one above :p

Urhm, I know where Middle East is
Dont really need a comparison, its clear..

Just like Ezio/Desmond ACB and Altair/Desmond AC I Did we need Extracts ? Nope..

And sid, Middle Easters, sadly, fall under the Caucasian category.. The white ones at least

RatonhnhakeFan
09-25-2012, 11:27 AM

Just like Ezio/Desmond ACB and Altair/Desmond AC I Did we need Extracts ? Nope..Hmmm not entirely sure but it doesn't really matter. Not like Ubi cares that much about consistency in faces when even Desmond looks different :p

And sid, Middle Easters, sadly, fall under the Caucasian category..
?

ProletariatPleb
09-25-2012, 11:29 AM

Just like Ezio/Desmond ACB and Altair/Desmond AC I Did we need Extracts ? Nope..

And sid, Middle Easters, sadly, fall under the Caucasian category.. The white ones at least
Yeah well even big things like that can be a mistake :P
But when anyone says Middle-East, I'm pretty sure a lot of people don't imagine white people. You know what I mean.

RatonhnhakeFan
09-25-2012, 11:35 AM
Yeah well even big things like that can be a mistake :P
But when anyone says Middle-East, I'm pretty sure a lot of people don't imagine white people. You know what I mean.
Well yes, but when we say Italians we don't exactly imagine blond Norwegians either :p Yet they share general facial features, the difference is skin color. Unlike between Europeans/Middle Eastern people and Chinese people for example, or Central Africa people where the difference is also in facial structure

LightRey
09-25-2012, 11:49 AM
Races aren't really well defined anyways.

Assassin_M
09-25-2012, 11:50 AM
Hmmm not entirely sure but it doesn't really matter. Not like Ubi cares that much about consistency in faces when even Desmond looks different :p

?
I wanted to be called Cantalopean...

ProletariatPleb
09-25-2012, 12:10 PM
sid was first :p I'm not so sure young Altair-young Desmond and old Altair-old Ezio had different faces, someone should extract models and do a comparison like the one above :p
That should be rather easy :P

http://i.imgur.com/kM2tM.jpg

xXRyzonXx
09-25-2012, 12:22 PM
You do know you don't really look like your 300 year old ancestors in real life right?

projectpat06
09-25-2012, 12:41 PM
That should be rather easy :P

http://i.imgur.com/kM2tM.jpg

perfection.

GLHS
09-25-2012, 06:00 PM
Caucasian is normal defined as a white person. Me, for instance. Middle Eastern is obviously Afghanistan, Pakistan, Iran, Iraq, etc. These people are clearly not white. That's why on any formal fill out sheet, it says Caucasian (white), African American (black), Mexican, etc.

PaCmAn0894
10-02-2012, 10:56 AM
Look i dont care abouthis face looks a face of real native man so the face are realy dont matter for me whats matter is the character himself and his history.

berserker134
10-02-2012, 11:20 AM
What ?

Good answer

POP1Fan
10-02-2012, 11:27 AM
Someone should Photoshop that picture of Ezio and remove the beard and the wrinkles, to see how he ACTUALLY looked like.

lukaszep
10-02-2012, 11:35 AM
How is it that I've only just noticed Ezio looks like Desmond?

Anyway, Altair doesn't actually look like Desmond in "real life", if you notice in AC:R he looks different. It's something to do with the Animus I believe?