PDA

View Full Version : Hood up/down?

devilanubis
09-25-2012, 12:20 AM
Hi guys,
for everyone who has watched the recent gameplay clips showing sequence 6, did anyone else notice that Connor had his hood down a lot during the actual gameplay? Maybe this time around we get to choose whether it's up or down? What do you think?

P.S sorry if this has already been brought up, couldn't find anything

xXRyzonXx
09-25-2012, 12:24 AM
You have an area called the homestead, it is like a headquarters if you will.

When you are in the homestead your hood is down.

deskp
09-25-2012, 12:36 AM
You have an area called the homestead, it is like a headquarters if you will.

When you are in the homestead your hood is down.

But will it be possible elsewhere? as an option.

Potato54321
09-25-2012, 12:37 AM

Unknown, probably not. I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere.

devilanubis
09-25-2012, 12:40 AM
I would also like to know this :P would be a nice option to have

deskp
09-25-2012, 12:41 AM
A related question, is the homstead part of the frontier or a place you need to load in/out of?

we've seen connor without hood assassinating from a cliff, and just about every frontier/nature video clip from IGN.

xXRyzonXx
09-25-2012, 12:43 AM
A related question, is the homstead part of the frontier or a place you need to load in/out of?

we've seen connor without hood assassinating from a cliff, and just about every frontier/nature video clip from IGN.

Im pretty sure you load it, kinda like monteriggioni in AC2.

MetalCreed
09-25-2012, 12:45 AM

Your plot is suppose to be very big, could be loadable or not, not sure.

Also I don't remember loading Moterrigioni, I do remember having to fast travel to get there but you could always walk to it from Tuscany I think

projectpat06
09-25-2012, 01:23 AM
Your plot is suppose to be very big, could be loadable or not, not sure.

Also I don't remember loading Moterrigioni, I do remember having to fast travel to get there but you could always walk to it from Tuscany I think

nope there was a loading screen between Monterrigioni and Tuscany.

And for the other screens we see in the frontier with the hood down, I'm starting to think it may be an option to remove it

AltairCBM
09-25-2012, 01:37 AM
They said the hood will automatically be pulled down in the Homestead and "other areas". So maybe a portion of the Frontier will allow the hood to be pulled down.

rileypoole1234
09-25-2012, 01:42 AM
I bet there's a hood up or down option. Either that or it's down in Davenport which is the Homestead.

AltairCBM
09-25-2012, 01:51 AM
I bet there's a hood up or down option. Either that or it's down in Davenport which is the Homestead.

Honestly, I would prefer this, but they said it just automatically comes down in certain areas like the Homestead.

projectpat06
09-25-2012, 01:58 AM
They said the hood will automatically be pulled down in the Homestead and "other areas". So maybe a portion of the Frontier will allow the hood to be pulled down.

I would rather just be able to control it. Helps out with immersion

AltairCBM
09-25-2012, 02:01 AM
I would take it off a lot if we had the option. So much less obvious you're an assassin wen you're not wearing the big white hood very assassin EVER has had...

deskp
09-25-2012, 02:08 AM
It would make sense that he would put on the hood if his noteriety(?) was high.

AltairCBM
09-25-2012, 02:12 AM
That's also true.

Silhouelle
09-27-2012, 12:50 AM
I'm hoping for it to be an option, even if not all the time. Like having to have it up during main story missions outside the homestead, but otherwise given the choice when just exploring / messing about.

projectpat06
09-28-2012, 07:32 AM
I'm hoping for it to be an option, even if not all the time. Like having to have it up during main story missions outside the homestead, but otherwise given the choice when just exploring / messing about.

I think this may be a possibility. The second IGN making of video shows Connor fighting red coats with the hood down so unless the homestead is going to occupied by soldiers, we might just be able to take it down outside the homestead

rileypoole1234
10-12-2012, 03:25 AM
Sorry for reviving this thread, but at 0:53 in this video Connor is killing a guard in Boston with his hood down

Check it out: http://www.gamespot.com/assassins-creed-iii/channel/video/6398054/

projectpat06
10-12-2012, 04:16 AM
Sorry for reviving this thread, but at 0:53 in this video Connor is killing a guard in Boston with his hood down

Check it out: http://www.gamespot.com/assassins-creed-iii/channel/video/6398054/

Yeah that got me excited that this option may just be in game. They already have the animation as we see at the end of the storyline trailer when he puts the hood on so I don't see why they wouldn't just allow us to this in the game. it would be an awesome and welcomed new feature.

Evenesque
10-12-2012, 07:14 AM
There's probably about a 50% chance that there's an option in the pause/inventory menu for 2 outfit options. Hood on, hood off.

MT4K
10-12-2012, 09:18 AM
Don't get hopeful about it though guys or you may end up disappointed. There could just be a reason or situation behind that scene and some others :p.

deskp
10-12-2012, 02:40 PM
not adding an option for us seems abit lazy. either way it always being down in the homstead gives the game the much needed variety.

LoyalACFan
10-12-2012, 09:51 PM
Sorry to kill the fun, but a guy on the front page who has the game early to review confirmed there is no manual option to take off the hood. And lol at the guy who said not adding that option is lazy, that's like saying Rockstar was lazy for not giving John Marston the option to shave.

deskp
10-12-2012, 10:28 PM
Sorry to kill the fun, but a guy on the front page who has the game early to review confirmed there is no manual option to take off the hood. And lol at the guy who said not adding that option is lazy, that's like saying Rockstar was lazy for not giving John Marston the option to shave.

The game ahs the option to take the hood on and off at will, they jsut won't give it to the player. uncool.

Sgt_Alistair
10-12-2012, 10:31 PM
I remember playing The Saboteur,and lighting a cigarette before the killing.God dayum that looked awesome.I don't see why they can't implement it tho.

NewBlade200
10-12-2012, 11:01 PM
Theres more important things the devs had to put in the game than removing your hood. I'm hoping for a removable mustache

pacmanate
10-12-2012, 11:11 PM
Removable Hood anytime doesn't seem right. The hood means you are an Assassin! It is identity, stealthy and part of the work clothesness.

xXRyzonXx
10-12-2012, 11:42 PM
I'm pretty sure someone will find a glitch for it anyway.

BlankDistortion
10-12-2012, 11:56 PM
So that guy who got to play it for the magazine did say that you can only remove the hood in the Homestead and in certain missions outside of it. That's it, really. If someone gets a glitch that works, then great.

IWGCJoeCool
10-13-2012, 12:25 AM
Ezio only ever had his hood down when he was with friend(s) in a secure location, and they knew who he was. other than that he was incognito. why even suggest anything else for Connor and AC3?

JC

avk111
10-14-2012, 06:54 AM
That is excatly is, in reference to Assassins Creed comics , Assassins do wear the robe the whole time as its their uniform, however when in HQ location or secure location if you would like to call it , Assassins take the hoodie down as any normal person would.

More questions please do fill in...

Evenesque
10-14-2012, 07:25 AM
I can't remember when Ezio had his hood down. I know he did, I just can't remember where.

BlankDistortion
10-14-2012, 07:29 AM
I can't remember when Ezio had his hood down. I know he did, I just can't remember where.

A lot of places, really. In AC2, the first time he took it off was to talk to Uberto that night, and he took it off when he spoke with Leonardo most of the time as well. There are many other ones in AC2, but in ACB he really never took it off. In ACR he would take it off to talk to Sofia mainly, but if one did the glitch, then it could be off whenever one wanted.