PDA

View Full Version : Desmond Discussion (Spoilers)

tjbyrum1
09-25-2012, 12:11 AM
Thus far Desmond has been under wraps (as always). He's always been an 'exclusive' character, so only actual AC fans know who he really is.

But let's discuss him. This is, apparently, the last game he is suppose to be in. This is 'the finale'. This is it. We should expect Desmond to finally end the Templar threat. But I got to looking at the Achievements...

[SECRET] Daddy Dearest - Complete Present - Stadium - (20 Points)
[SECRET] Criss Cross - Complete Present - Skyscraper - (20 Points)
[SECRET] The End is Nigh - Complete Present - Abstergo - (20 Points)
No Good Deed Goes Unpunished - Open the Temple Door and learn Desmond's fate - (20 Points)

Apparently, it has 'Complete Present' tags in those achievements. It's pretty obvious that means these achievements are rewarded in the present tense of the AC world. The first achievement says "Daddy Dearest", so I guess this has to do with William at a Stadium. Anyone know anything about a 'Stadium' in New York, I'm not from around there.

The next achievement, "Criss Cross" makes me think Desmond will scale a Skyscraper, and then assassinate Daniel CROSS (hence the name of the achievement).

"The End is Nigh" is obviously rewarded after defeating Abstergo.

The last one, "No Good Deed Goes Unpunished" seems obvious; Desmond walks into the Temple Door, etc...

Serrachio
09-25-2012, 12:30 AM
Daddy Dearest is where Desmond and William go out to watch a baseball game. :p

xXRyzonXx
09-25-2012, 12:47 AM
I really hope we see Daniel Cross as OP mentioned above, that would be cool.

Potato54321
09-25-2012, 12:55 AM

http://i.imgur.com/UmpOi.gif

rileypoole1234
09-25-2012, 01:05 AM
It appears (as you mentioned above) that we'll be battling Daniel Cross on/in a skyscraper. That sounds awesome.

I think No Good Deed Goes Unpunished is probably one of the first achievements we'll be getting considering we're already at the Temple. That could also make it the last we get in the story though if they don't know how to actually get into it [the Temple].

projectpat06
09-25-2012, 01:17 AM

What the fack is that!!?

xXRyzonXx
09-25-2012, 01:20 AM
What the fack is that!!?

Oh no! it got out of the cage again!

Run far and fast, If the children can't run leave them behind!

tjbyrum1
09-25-2012, 01:22 AM
Oh no! it got out of the cage again!

Run far and fast, If the children can't run leave them behind!

What the ****?

-Desmond

kudos17
09-25-2012, 01:24 AM
It appears (as you mentioned above) that we'll be battling Daniel Cross on/in a skyscraper. That sounds awesome.

I think No Good Deed Goes Unpunished is probably one of the first achievements we'll be getting considering we're already at the Temple. That could also make it the last we get in the story though if they don't know how to actually get into it [the Temple].

It's not the first. The Desmond achievements have one dot each - the first has one, the next has two, etc. "No Good Deed Goes Unpunished" has five dots in the icon.

projectpat06
09-25-2012, 01:28 AM

No seriously, who is that!? I'm more confused and creeped out than the first time I was introduced to Old Greg and the Mighty Boosh haha
And's a Link if you have no idea what I mean. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uaG2vp61I4

AltairCBM
09-25-2012, 01:31 AM
Hey, I just joine, so I wante to say hey everybody.

On topic, I'm willing to bet somebody performs a leap of faith off his skyscraper.

Potato54321
09-25-2012, 01:33 AM
No seriously, who is that!? I'm more confused and creeped out than the first time I was introduced to Old Greg and the Mighty Boosh haha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdwXBbXGS0I&feature=player_embedded

0:48 :p

rileypoole1234
09-25-2012, 01:38 AM
It's not the first. The Desmond achievements have one dot each - the first has one, the next has two, etc. "No Good Deed Goes Unpunished" has five dots in the icon.

What? Where? I don't see any dots.

AltairCBM
09-25-2012, 01:48 AM
What? Where? I don't see any dots.

It's on the Xbox achievements site. I forget what it's called though.

dxsxhxcx
09-25-2012, 01:51 AM
the location of the stadium (assuming it'll have only one in the game) was already revealed...

AltairCBM
09-25-2012, 01:57 AM
the location of the stadium (assuming it'll have only one in the game) was already revealed...

What is it? I didn't realize we knew.

dxsxhxcx
09-25-2012, 02:01 AM
What is it? I didn't realize we knew.

do a quick search at Google (key words: stadium, assassin's creed 3, desmond) and I believe you'll be able to find it, I won't post here because I believe many people don't want to have Desmond story spoiled... ;)

AltairCBM
09-25-2012, 02:08 AM
do a quick search at Google (key words: stadium, assassin's creed 3, desmond) and I believe you'll be able to find it, I won't post here because I believe many people don't want to have Desmond story spoiled... ;)

Can you PM me? I can't seem to find it. How long have we known!

dxsxhxcx
09-25-2012, 02:14 AM
Can you PM me? I can't seem to find it. How long have we known! PM sent... ;) (for the others who might be interested) I was able to find the news (translated to english) that reveal the location in a forum called "Sherdog"...

AltairCBM
09-25-2012, 02:27 AM
Unless Dezzy pulls up his **** hood in the final act I will be disappointed. When he does(not if) it will solidify itself as the best single moment in the franchise.

tjbyrum1
09-25-2012, 02:57 AM
Unless Dezzy pulls up his **** hood in the final act I will be disappointed. When he does(not if) it will solidify itself as the best single moment in the franchise.

lol.

And I would like to know about this Stadium.

rileypoole1234
09-25-2012, 03:04 AM
I just looked up the Stadium... If it's true it's very interesting. Really very interesting. I highly doubt it is true though, they basically say it's false in that thread. If it were me guessing I would say it'll be Madison Square Garden seeing as they're in NY and all.

Where the stadium is that they mention doesn't really make any sense story wise.

tjbyrum1
09-25-2012, 03:15 AM
I just looked up the Stadium... If it's true it's very interesting. Really very interesting. I highly doubt it is true though, they basically say it's false in that thread. If it were me guessing I would say it'll be Madison Square Garden seeing as they're in NY and all.

Where the stadium is that they mention doesn't really make any sense story wise.

Link would be nice.

xXHyperMidgetXx
09-25-2012, 03:16 AM
Would this pic have something to do with the mention of the skyscraper or abstergo? It might be official or unofficial but still looks cool :P
http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/7/71595/1216766-assassins_creed_3_super.jpg

WhySoSeriosKal
09-25-2012, 03:18 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIgfiSzCy1o

WSSK

anik_lc
09-25-2012, 05:09 AM

Actually it should be William Miles taking Desmond to watch Baseball in a stadium and buy him some Corn Chips which was Desmond's favorite thing in his childhood. That's why Daddy Dearest came. :p :p

DeSabellis
09-25-2012, 01:34 PM

It does. Some of the emails in Brotherhood to Shaun from William reference the location twice. I think it is a neat twist, one I didn't see coming. However, I agree with you to an extent about New York- I think if anything Manhattan is where I think of when I hear 'skyscraper'.

pacmanate
09-25-2012, 01:41 PM

Agreed! Would be a defining moment, Don't see the point in him even having that hoodie, never uses the hood. Anyway I really want to fight Daniel Cross, it would be awesome! It would also mean some proper Desmond fighting for once.

lonewarrior30
09-25-2012, 03:19 PM
first desmond concept art :D http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/133423_471157322924907_1271249620_o.jpg

pacmanate
09-25-2012, 03:24 PM
OH! I read somewhere that Desmond has his Brotherhood face on in AC3.

lonewarrior30
09-25-2012, 03:28 PM

on reddit?

POP1Fan
09-25-2012, 03:31 PM

The "fat-****" face?

xXRyzonXx
09-25-2012, 03:45 PM
The "fat-****" face?

I think his brotherhood face is the best face.

POP1Fan
09-25-2012, 04:09 PM
I think his brotherhood face is the best face.

But he looks fat :( I think the AC1 is the best one.

LightRey
09-25-2012, 04:11 PM
What are you guys talking about? It's the same exact model in ACB as it is in AC1 and AC2. They literally said that. -___-

Sick_one12
09-25-2012, 04:25 PM
http://images.gamestar.de/images/idgwpgsgp/bdb/2184916/617x.jpg

fat?......really?...FAT?

im still praying to god that he has the ACB model in ACIII(only graphicly updated,ACR WASNT UPDATED);)

Some time ago I found this and almost got a heart attack;)Its TERRIBLE:

http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2012/203/3/2/assassins_creed_3_desmond_miles_by_ersel54-d588dit.png

tjbyrum1
09-25-2012, 04:28 PM
Lol at above picture.

ACB Desmond is good enough for me. But I think they built AC3 from the ground up, so we don't know if they transferred any form of Desmond over or if they rebuilt him entirely.

pacmanate
09-25-2012, 08:02 PM
Lol at above picture.

ACB Desmond is good enough for me. But I think they built AC3 from the ground up, so we don't know if they transferred any form of Desmond over or if they rebuilt him entirely.

If they started development in the Brotherhood dev cycle it would make sense for them to be using his AC:B character model.

samward
09-25-2012, 09:33 PM
So I have a question about Desmond. I am sorry if this seems like a dumb question.. I, like all of you, am very excited for the game and in this excitement was on the Assassin's Wiki page brushing up on all that has happened to our dear Desmond. But instead of going over routine stuff that was just supposed to be a reminder... I ended up confusing my self hahah!

As it is my understanding whilst there are many apple's the one the Templars find in Cyprus and is later taken by Ezio is special because Minerva touches it. This apple is then taken by the Assassins and is later taken by Cesere when he attackes Montereggerioni. Then Ezio gets it back and uses against the Templars and he seals it away under the colluseum, where Desmond finds it and Juno causes him to kill Lucy. But then in the last game we see Ezio find Altair's apple in his library and when he touches it he is able to see Desmond for a moment and there is this great convergence of bloodlines that ultimately allows Desmond to escape the animus. So my question is why was the apple in the last game so important to Desmond? And if it is really important shouldn't he have it instead of Ezio's apple? Does he need both? Sorry if this made no sense... I am really confused...:confused:

twenty_glyphs
09-25-2012, 10:30 PM

I think the number of dots on each achievement's icon is a good indicator of their order, so opening the temple door and learning Desmond's fate likely happens at the end of the game. I do get the feeling that this "Temple door" will be some kind of inner door though, and that Desmond and co. will set up shop in the outer parts of the structure when they first get there. It feels disjointed to have Brotherhood give the Temple coordinates, then have Revelations end with them arriving, only to have AC3 start with them not being able to get in and leaving to set up shop somewhere else.

So I have a question about Desmond. I am sorry if this seems like a dumb question.. I, like all of you, am very excited for the game and in this excitement was on the Assassin's Wiki page brushing up on all that has happened to our dear Desmond. But instead of going over routine stuff that was just supposed to be a reminder... I ended up confusing my self hahah!

As it is my understanding whilst there are many apple's the one the Templars find in Cyprus and is later taken by Ezio is special because Minerva touches it. This apple is then taken by the Assassins and is later taken by Cesere when he attackes Montereggerioni. Then Ezio gets it back and uses against the Templars and he seals it away under the colluseum, where Desmond finds it and Juno causes him to kill Lucy. But then in the last game we see Ezio find Altair's apple in his library and when he touches it he is able to see Desmond for a moment and there is this great convergence of bloodlines that ultimately allows Desmond to escape the animus. So my question is why was the apple in the last game so important to Desmond? And if it is really important shouldn't he have it instead of Ezio's apple? Does he need both? Sorry if this made no sense... I am really confused...:confused:

We don't really know for sure. My feeling is that the Apple that Minerva touched is important for whatever Desmond's ultimate mission is. Minerva probably altered it specifically for the mission that she, Juno and Jupiter are sending Desmond on. Abstergo also seems to want this specific Apple, as it appears it might be the real reason they kidnapped Desmond. According to The Lost Archive, Lucy was apparently going to retrieve that Apple and bring it back to Abstergo. I imagine that Alta´r's Apple was important because it was used to send Desmond into the "nexus of time" so he could meet Jupiter and receive the last message left for him by TWCB. Something about Alta´r, Ezio and Desmond's lives all converging in that one key time allowed Alta´r's Apple to send Desmond's mind into the nexus of time.

rileypoole1234
09-25-2012, 11:08 PM
Link would be nice.

EXTREME SPOILERS

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f88/plot-assassins-creed-3-will-have-event-brazilian-soccer-stadium-2205317/

Serrachio
09-26-2012, 12:03 AM

Altair's Apple was seperate from Ezio's Apple, and since Ezio refused to take it at the end of ACR, it passed hands through time and was eventually obtained and destroyed in the DIA satellite incident. This caused Abstergo Industries the loss of their Apple of Eden and prompted them to acquire Desmond Miles, in order for them get the map of potential Pieces of Eden from Altair's genetic memories.

Ezio's Apple was kept safe in the Colosseum Vault however, until Desmond's Assassin team came to pick it up in 2012.

AltairCBM
09-26-2012, 01:32 AM
I hope the inevitable SPOILERS Dezzy x Daniel Cross battle isn't anticlimactic. He should be one of the toughest enemies in the series, and if he dies halfway through the game I'll be disappointed.

INDIANA_PRIDE
09-26-2012, 04:24 AM
I hope to god this isn't the last AC game!

samward
09-27-2012, 09:50 AM
Altair's Apple was seperate from Ezio's Apple, and since Ezio refused to take it at the end of ACR, it passed hands through time and was eventually obtained and destroyed in the DIA satellite incident. This caused Abstergo Industries the loss of their Apple of Eden and prompted them to acquire Desmond Miles, in order for them get the map of potential Pieces of Eden from Altair's genetic memories.

Ezio's Apple was kept safe in the Colosseum Vault however, until Desmond's Assassin team came to pick it up in 2012.

Thanks so much that makes a lot of sence... I had forgotten about the "DIA satellite incident" just sliped my mind, hahah duh! oh well, thanks for setting me straight. :o

TheSt0ryTeller
09-27-2012, 09:59 AM

I... I'm speechless. That is one of the most awesome things I have ever seen. XD

TheSt0ryTeller
09-27-2012, 10:01 AM
I hope to god this isn't the last AC game!

It won't be, the series is too popular and there's so much more parts of history. Plus the devs have also pretty much implied and stated if I recall that there'll been ACIV (Probably not with that title)

Hawk Eye 2512
10-01-2012, 06:06 AM
Spoilers

www.ign.com (http://www.ign.com)
First up, there are five achievements that detail Desmond's journey through Assassin's Creed III. Apparently we'll be exploring a present day stadium and skyscraper before facing Abstergo and learning Desmond's ultimate fate.

The new Homestead feature of the game, which will allow you to decorate your manor using the inventions of a certain Benjamin Franklin, also gets its own section of achievements. Apparently we'll be able to invite artisans and other "optional characters" to come and live with us, possibly to unlock discounts on services and other bonuses.

If that's not enough decorating and upgrading for you though, never fear; your ship, the Aquila, can also be decked out to make seafaring sidequests that little bit easier.

Most exciting, though, is the fact that for the first time additional missions will be unlocked following the credits rolling. The full list of achievements is below:

Rude Awakening - Re-Enter the Animus - (10 Points)
[SECRET] Daddy Dearest - Complete Present - Stadium - (20 Points)
[SECRET] Criss Cross - Complete Present - Skyscraper - (20 Points)
[SECRET] The End is Nigh - Complete Present - Abstergo - (20 Points)
No Good Deed Goes Unpunished - Open the Temple Door and learn Desmond's fate - (20 Points)
Mystery Guest - Complete Sequence 1 & 2 - (20 Points)
How D'ya Like Them Apples - Complete Sequence 3 - (20 Points)
Heroes are Born - Complete Sequence 4 - (20 Points)
The Day the Templars Cried - Complete Sequence 5 - (20 Points)
Tea is for Englishmen - Complete Sequence 6 - (20 Points)
The Whites of Their Eyes - Complete Sequence 7 - (20 Points)
Caged Wolf - Complete Sequence 8 - (20 Points)
Two if by Sea - Complete Sequence 9 - (20 Points)
Grim Expectations - Complete Sequence 10 - (20 Points)
Difficult End - Complete Sequence 11 - (20 Points)
The Sum of Truth - Complete Sequence 12 (50 Points)
Perfectionist - Complete 100% of all main mission constraints - (50 Points)
An Extraordinary Man - Complete the Encyclopedia of the Common Man - (10 Points)
Patent Not Pending - Craft one of Franklin's inventions to decorate your Manor - (10 Points)
House Party - Recruit any of the Artisans and see them settled on the Homestead - (10 Points)
A Complete Set - See all the optional characters settled at the Homestead - (20 Points)
Original Gamer - Win a game of Fanorona, Morris and Bowls on the Homestead - (20 Points)
Bring Down the House - Explore Fort Wolcott - (20 Points)
Kidd Gloves - Uncover the mystery of Oak Island - (30 Points)
All Washed Up - Complete all Naval Missions aboard the Aquila - (40 Points)
Entrepreneur, not Pirate! - Complete all 12 Privateer Contracts - (20 Points)
Tumblehome - Upgrade the Aquila - (10 Points)
By Invitation Only - Be invited to join a Club - (20 Points)
In Good Standing - Complete all challenges for any of the Clubs - (30 Points)
Man of the People - Liberate all districts in Boston OR New York - (20 Points)
Monopoly Man - Send a convoy to Boston, New York and the Frontier - (10 Points)
[SECRET] Head in the Cloud - Find all pivots and sync the Animus to the Cloud - (20 Points)
Blowing in the Wind - Retrieve every page for one of Ben Franklin's Almanacs - (20 Points)
Completionist - Complete ALL progress tracker grid entries - (50 Points)
Multitasking - Complete 50% of the Progress Tracker entries - (20 Points)
Spit Roast - Perform a double assassination using a musket - (20 Points)
Circus Act - Kill 15 guards with a single cannon shot - (10 Points)
Predator - Hang 5 enemies by using rope darts - (10 Points)
Prince of Thieves - Loot a convoy without killing any of its guards - (10 Points)
Whit's fur ye'll no go by ye! - Block a firing line 5 times by using a human shield - (10 Points)
Jager Bomb - After becoming fully Notorious, kill 10 Jagers before losing your notoriety - (20 Points)
Magna *** Laude - Have a Trainee reach the Assassin Rank - (20 Points)
Coureur des Bois - Exchange undamaged pelts at all different general stores - (10 Points)
Eye Witness - Witness a predator killing an enemy - (10 Points)
Fin - Complete each of the epilogue missions unlocked after the credits roll - (30 Points)
Abstergo Entertainment - Reach level 20 in the multiplayer mode - (10 Points)
Hunter/Killer - Reach sequence 10 in a map on Wolfpack multiplayer mode - (20 Points)
Winning Team - Be on the winning team at the end of a multiplayer game session - (20 Points)
Personalized - Customize your multiplayer Profile and Character - (10 Points)
The Truth Will Out - Unlock a hacked version of one of the Abstergo videos in the story quest - (20 Points)
Assassin's Creed III is due out on Xbox 360 and PS3 on October 30 in America and October 31 in Europe. The PC version is due out November 20 in America and November 23 in Europe, while the Wii U version currently doesn't have a release date.

Evenesque
10-01-2012, 06:42 AM
www.ign.com

Most exciting, though, is the fact that for the first time additional missions will be unlocked following the credits rolling. The full list of achievements is below:

Where are you getting that from?

MT4K
10-01-2012, 12:21 PM
Snip

There's an official thread for the achievements and so they didn't need to be completely listed here....

RzaRecta357
10-01-2012, 02:47 PM
Oh my god. Not only did I read three awesome acheivements but some random posted my favorite Tim and Eric skit. I love it.

maxerx180
10-04-2012, 01:56 AM
I've been thinking about how they would persent Desmond's heath in game and it just dawned on me that they could use the heart monitor watch that he has on. When he is close to dying his heart rate could rise and when he's "healing" outside of combat it would lower. Just a thought.

naran6142
10-04-2012, 02:10 AM
I've been thinking about how they would persent Desmond's heath in game and it just dawned on me that they could use the heart monitor watch that he has on. When he is close to dying his heart rate could rise and when he's "healing" outside of combat it would lower. Just a thought.

Thats not a bad idea, but what im wondering is what happens if our health hits zero

maxerx180
10-04-2012, 02:22 AM
Thats not a bad idea, but what im wondering is what happens if our health hits zero

Shaun: "Rebecca get the defibrillator"

Yeah I have no idea how they will do it, they may just be a gameover screen and it will force you to restart when Desmond gets out the animus.

dewgel
10-04-2012, 08:25 AM
Desmond probably can't die again. I don't think we're going to be doing any insane combat as Desmond, I just think we'll be doing alot of free running and exploring the temple.

Just saying..

Layytez
10-04-2012, 08:40 AM
I wouldn't be worried if they used the word "destiny" instead of "fate". Fate just sounds bad.

maxerx180
10-08-2012, 01:48 AM
Desmond probably can't die again. I don't think we're going to be doing any insane combat as Desmond, I just think we'll be doing alot of free running and exploring the temple.

Just saying..

Well they said that they were going to make him awsome and I don't think alot of free-running alone will do that.

Just saying...

Edit: Fan made Desmond trailer and its one of the best out there

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43ucfnxHwlw&feature=player_detailpage

AnthonyA85
10-12-2012, 03:27 AM
Has anyone seen this promo trailer before? If it's been posted on here already then I apologize, since I only just found it on youtube (literally stumbled upon it.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&v=Ou5yZJSw-YE&NR=1

Assassin_M
10-12-2012, 03:30 AM
Has anyone seen this promo trailer before? If it's been posted on here already then I apologize, since I only just found it on youtube (literally stumbled upon it.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&v=Ou5yZJSw-YE&NR=1
Its fan-made

AnthonyA85
10-12-2012, 03:35 AM
Then what's the dialogue from? It sounds like it's post Revelations.

Assassin_M
10-12-2012, 03:39 AM
Then what's the dialogue from? It sounds like it's post Revelations.
From here..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTjxVcIANdc

GreatBeyonder
10-12-2012, 03:42 AM
Perhaps Desmond will be allowed to eat something...

pacmanate
10-12-2012, 10:11 AM
Perhaps Desmond will be allowed to eat something...

PFFT!... he doesn't need to eat, he gets his nutrients from the air.