PDA

View Full Version : 360 Fps issues?

xXRyzonXx
09-24-2012, 07:20 PM
Im worried of how the 360 version will run as far as fps and such, I fail to see how such good graphics will function on a xbox 360, im looking dearly for something that will squash my fears, however until i see or hear that, i am worried.

Anybody have any assuring words?

dewgel
09-24-2012, 07:23 PM
Im worried of how the 360 version will run as far as fps and such, I fail to see how such good graphics will function on a xbox 360, im looking dearly for something that will squash my fears, however until i see or hear that, i am worried.

The videos EscoBlades placed on his YouTube were on 360 version.

xXRyzonXx
09-24-2012, 07:25 PM
The videos EscoBlades placed on his YouTube were on 360 version.

I'm pretty sure most of them were PC with an xbox controller.

EscoBlades
09-24-2012, 07:27 PM
I'm pretty sure most of them were PC with an xbox controller.

Some were 360. Some were PC with a 360 controller. Pretty sure i told you this on one of the vids :D

Also we played the game on PS3s. Just saying.

dewgel
09-24-2012, 07:30 PM
Some were 360. Some were PC with a 360 controller. Pretty sure i told you this on one of the vids :D

Also we played the game on PS3s. Just saying.

Yeah, thought so.

Also, this is probably painfully obvious due to other videos out there, but I'm assuming what we see on your clips wasn't what you played? I'm guessing that those clips were sent to you in a pack by your employers, correct?

EscoBlades
09-24-2012, 07:31 PM
Yeah, thought so.

Also, this is probably painfully obvious due to other videos out there, but I'm assuming what we see on your clips wasn't what you played? I'm guessing that those clips were sent to you in a pack by your employers, correct?
Yeah, that's how it works with press previews usually. Unless a site/ outlet has an exclusive.

pacmanate
09-24-2012, 07:32 PM
The footage you see is footage direct from ubisoft probably given on a memory stick.

xXRyzonXx
09-24-2012, 07:33 PM

Sorry, I didn't see the comment before now :)

dewgel
09-24-2012, 07:34 PM
Yeah, that's how it works with press previews usually. Unless a site/ outlet has an exclusive.

Fun times! So was your build just a code that automatically began with Sequence 6 (the Story video you showed), and did it just keep going until you stopped, or did it have a point where it ended? I know Platform32's video he said he didn't actually have enough time (2 hours, according to him) to finish whatever was on that demo.

White24Room
09-24-2012, 07:36 PM
Esco I've a question, I saw on one of the video some textures of rocks were not really beautiful ... Is this the final game version ? :/
And my other questions is about the liberation of districts ? How does it work ?

PR030T
09-24-2012, 07:44 PM
You know the graphics are good when people start to worry about the framerate beforehand.. :P

EscoBlades
09-24-2012, 07:46 PM
Fun times! So was your build just a code that automatically began with Sequence 6 (the Story video you showed), and did it just keep going until you stopped, or did it have a point where it ended? I know Platform32's video he said he didn't actually have enough time (2 hours, according to him) to finish whatever was on that demo.

No, there wasn't nearly enough time, Sequence 6 was huge. That's one of the defining things for me at least. 2 hours of straight play later, and i hadn't finished it either. There were a couple of other menu options in our build, but those are major spoilers, so i'll stop there.

Esco I've a question, I saw on one of the video some textures of rocks were not really beautiful ... Is this the final game version ? :/
And my other questions is about the liberation of districts ? How does it work ?

What you see in the vids is not the final version or close to it. I think it was from the Gamescom build, which in effect is still an old one. As for your other questions, i'm not permitted to discuss that, so can't answer them for you, sorry :P

White24Room
09-24-2012, 07:50 PM

xXRyzonXx
09-24-2012, 07:51 PM
You know the graphics are good when people start to worry about the framerate beforehand.. :P

Yeah... Im still pretty concerned... I want this game to be amazing but i hate low fps.

Sick_one12
09-24-2012, 08:12 PM
Hey Esco,can you tell us if you are able to dive and then freely swim around under the watersurface?(Like in GTA San Andreas for example?)

And can you jump off your Boat in Naval-Gameplay and swim around freely?:)

Please answer if you can....thank you:)

dewgel
09-24-2012, 08:23 PM
No, there wasn't nearly enough time, Sequence 6 was huge. That's one of the defining things for me at least. 2 hours of straight play later, and i hadn't finished it either. There were a couple of other menu options in our build, but those are major spoilers, so i'll stop there.

YOU MUST TALK OF MYSTERY MENU OPTIONS.

I shan't probe you for information you're not able to give up, but sounds nice ;D

Ielgon
09-24-2012, 08:23 PM
Is it me or does the draw distance in these videos seem really small (especially in the cities, the roof of the house across the street is blurred out until you actually jump down and get on it), or is it some type of bad compression?

ACfan443
09-24-2012, 08:26 PM
This thread's supposed to be about framerate issues, the previews in general have their own thread.

xXRyzonXx
09-24-2012, 08:35 PM
This thread's supposed to be about framerate issues, the previews in general have their own thread.

Yeah, I seems to be a bit of derailing here.

Soulid_Snake
09-25-2012, 01:13 AM

Argh FPS, my pet peeve! Don't worry! From what I know, the XBOX 360's architecture is better than the PS3's, when It comes comes to something like FPS, I can safely say. To be honest I think it'll be the best platform to play AC3 on. Also, generally when it comes to multi-platform releases the 360 has always won the FPS war. By the way guys, I'm not fanboy, I own a PS3.

xXRyzonXx
09-25-2012, 01:17 AM
Argh FPS, my pet peeve! Don't worry! From what I know, the XBOX 360's architecture is better than the PS3's, when It comes comes to something like FPS, I can safely say. To be honest I think it'll be the best platform to play AC3 on. Also, generally when it comes to multi-platform releases the 360 has always won the FPS war. By the way guys, I'm not fanboy, I own a PS3.

To be fair the best platform will probably be PC...

Soulid_Snake
09-25-2012, 01:33 AM
To be fair the best platform will probably be PC...

True, providing you have a good PC and barring any graphic card related issues!

xXRyzonXx
09-25-2012, 02:47 PM
True, providing you have a good PC and barring any graphic card related issues!

Yeah, I am playing it on xbox though, obviously, as that is the reason I made this thread.

dex3108BL
09-25-2012, 02:57 PM
Well this guy said that Xbox 360 suffered somr issues http://www.gamezone.com/products/assassin-s-creed-iii/previews/ac3-is-the-best-assassin-s-creed-ever-there-i-said-it (http://www.gamezone.com/products/assassin-s-creed-iii/previews/ac3-is-the-best-assassin-s-creed-ever-there-i-said-it/2)

pacmanate
09-25-2012, 03:17 PM
^ ?

xXRyzonXx
09-25-2012, 03:40 PM
He is talking about this

"After stealing a horse from a woodland traveler and riding into the streets of Boston for the first time, it seemed obvious that AC3 was pushing the 360's hardware to the limit, as evidenced by the various technical issues the team is likely still working to fix. Graphical pop-in was very noticeable throughout my playthrough, with NPCs and background elements tending to appear and disappear at random. The shadow and shading textures were also very rough, likely in an attempt to save some memory. None of this is game breaking, though it will be interesting to see if anything is done about these issues, or if other versions of the game (PS3, PC) handle them better."

I appreciate the sentiment, but this does not mention fps, which was what i was talking about, it also says "non of this is game breaking"
Also, im pretty sure the build they were shown, wasn't the final build.