PDA

View Full Version : What Do You NOT Like So Far?

tjbyrum1
09-24-2012, 06:25 PM
If you haven't seen the previews...

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/715708-Reviews-Previews-Thread?

(Spoilers in that link)

Anything you've seen that you don't like yet?

I've spotted two things:

1. I don't like how Connor stands straight up after synching a view point. I can't explain it, but I know this behavior has a name.
2. I don't like how when Connor jumps outs of a window he lands on his knees and hand and is looking down, then slowly looks up before taking off running. Again, this is the same behavior as above.

Reminds me of the way Ezio acts in the Brotherhood CGI trailer.

RatonhnhakeFan
09-24-2012, 06:32 PM
So far I'm only concerned about Homestead mechanics/economy. Just afraid it may feel like 'too much unnecessary fat' if there's billion of management menu screens. Plus I'm still disappointed we're not upgrading a Mohawk village instead of European-styled Manor

dewgel
09-24-2012, 06:38 PM
So far I'm only concerned about Homestead mechanics/economy. Just afraid it may feel like 'too much unnecessary fat' if there's billion of management menu screens. Plus I'm still disappointed we're not upgrading a Mohawk village instead of European-styled Manor

That wouldn't fit in. The whole idea of Connor's Homestead is making them fit into society.

RatonhnhakeFan
09-24-2012, 06:41 PM
That wouldn't fit in. The whole idea of Connor's Homestead is making them fit into society.
huh? Where was there any bigger social idea behind the Homestead?

tjbyrum1
09-24-2012, 06:45 PM
I originally figured Connor would invest in upgrading his Mohawk village as well, like replacing it with the Villa Auditore from AC2. But a Manor is fine, fits in with his European side.

Also I wouldn't feel concerned about the mechanics because it seemed rather complex in words.

dewgel
09-24-2012, 06:51 PM
huh? Where was there any bigger social idea behind the Homestead?

The whole idea behind a Homestead is a place for members of all sorts of communities who have been shunned and thrown out to come together and re-fit into 'modern' society.

E.g. the remainder of the Mohawk tribe will go there, and begin to live life as Americans. Connor's Mohawk village is burnt down by colonists.

It was said in the Corey May interview by Machinima.

Jarek23
09-24-2012, 06:55 PM
The lack of music/Jesper Kyd, mainly ambient. If the frontier is as big as they say it is then it's going to get boring really fast without the added touches that music gives open world games. There a gameplay video of a chase mission out called "To Catch a Theif". Same thing, no music, while previous AC games always had some kind of music to set the mood for certain situations, such as while chasing someone.

dewgel
09-24-2012, 06:59 PM
The lack of music/Jesper Kyd, mainly ambient. If the frontier is as big as they say it is then it's going to get boring really fast without the added touches that music gives open world games. There a gameplay video of a chase mission out called "To Catch a Theif". Same thing, no music, while previous AC games always had some kind of music to set the mood for certain situations, such as while chasing someone.

Dude,there is music. They've just cut it out of these clips sent to the press. They done the same for Revelations.

pacmanate
09-24-2012, 07:02 PM
I like everything! The Homestead thing being a little community was awesome to hear. That and having to level up workers to make sails etc was nice too!

RatonhnhakeFan
09-24-2012, 07:03 PM
E.g. the remainder of the Mohawk tribe will go there, and begin to live life as Americans.lul what? Nothing like that was said in the interview. All people on the Homestead I saw in today's previews were Europeans. Mohawks had more than 1 village, there were multiple big and small villages, they wouldn't go live "as Americans" (???!!!).

andreja110s
09-24-2012, 07:04 PM
I don´t like Naval Warfare. It somehow remembers me of Den Defense...

Sickull
09-24-2012, 07:10 PM
We wont know for certain until it comes out but the fact that the distance between NY and Boston isn't a condensed trail of some sort but a loading screen not really a big deal but whatever.

dewgel
09-24-2012, 07:20 PM
lul what? Nothing like that was said in the interview. All people on the Homestead I saw in today's previews were Europeans. Mohawks had more than 1 village, there were multiple big and small villages, they wouldn't go live "as Americans" (???!!!).

One of the interviews said it, I thought it was Corey's but maybe it was the Platform32 one, but someone just said in one of them that the Homestead was where all walks of life came to get back into society, e.g. citizens who were shunned, made homeless. That includes Connor.

SleezeRocker
09-24-2012, 07:22 PM
That I still have to wait approx 1 month for release and our N.A CE sucks (but that's just my opinion)
Aside that Idk, I havent been reading too much on AC3 since I want to be more surprised when I play AC3 (I guess fatigued after ACR) ;)

A Cupcake Nurse
The only thing I may not like, is that hunting will turn into something that bombs were in Revelations, or how training assassins were. Not a necessity, you could easily get through the game without doing it. Kinda like an extra, that just did not fit or seen as a time waster/fluff IMO. I really love the hunting, and I want it to be momentous, for me to depend on it to a degree as a true currency and way to retrieve health, if medicine is low or out.

MetalCreed
Wouldn't really fit in, Connor living in a Mohawk village, he's an assassin, he's gotta have something fancy about him, he is half British though, it fits well IMO

RatonhnhakeFan
09-24-2012, 07:27 PM
I don't get all the 'wouldn't fit in' comments about Mohawk village. Which is more true to his character, a guy who was raised in Mohawk village instead of fancy European mansions? Not to mention, he wants to help his people -> Mohawks -> yet we will be helping Europeans in the entire Homestead context it seems, not the Mohawks. Wouldn't be a problem if there was also a separate mechanic to help the Mohawks somehow but if you only have the European mechanic, it irks me a bit...

dewgel
09-24-2012, 07:27 PM
Wouldn't really fit in, Connor living in a Mohawk village, he's an assassin, he's gotta have something fancy about him, he is half British though, it fits well IMO

As I said, it's about him fitting into the 'modern society' in his days. Hence why he adopts the name "Connor", so he can fit in with the American feel easier.

I don't get all the 'wouldn't fit in' comments about Mohawk village. Which is more true to his character, a guy who was raised in Mohawk village instead of fancy European mansions? Not to mention, he wants to help his people -> Mohawks -> yet we will be helping Europeans in the entire Homestead context it seems, not the Mohawks. Wouldn't be a problem if there was also a separate mechanic to help the Mohawks somehow but if you only have the European mechanic, it irks me a bit...

It just wouldn't. I fail to see why you can't grasp the point? You knew from day 1 of them announcing that Connor's village is burnt down early in the game and that he joins the Assassins and adopts the name Connor to fit in more with the American society. Why is it such a surprise that he's living in an American house rather than a hut?

RatonhnhakeFan
09-24-2012, 07:33 PM
It just wouldn't. I fail to see why you can't grasp the point? You knew from day 1 of them announcing that Connor's village is burnt down early in the game and that he joins the Assassins and adopts the name Connor to fit in more with the American society. Why is it such a surprise that he's living in an American house rather than a hut?Dude, do you get that Mohawks didn't just have 1 village lol? People from the destroyed village mostly already live in other villages, or built a new one. Why not help those other villages or the new one? And the game is not about turning him into an European white guy, or at least it shouldn't be because that would be just offensive in historical context

dewgel
09-24-2012, 07:39 PM
Dude, do you get that Mohawks didn't just have 1 village lol? People from the destroyed village mostly already live in other villages, or built a new one. Why not help those other villages or the new one? And the game is not about turning him into an European white guy, or at least it shouldn't be because that would be just offensive in historical context

How would it not? Historically these people slipped into society. How do you think we have such a mixed culture nowadays? We all came from something.

Yes, I understand there were other villages. But in the GAME the ONE village that gets burnt down is what Connor will be concentrating on.

No matter how this debate ends, Mohawk village customization is not in the game. I'm just trying to explain to you why it's not, I'm not arguing about how there were more villages out there.

ProletariatPleb
09-24-2012, 07:39 PM
If you haven't seen the previews...

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/715708-Reviews-Previews-Thread?

(Spoilers in that link)

Anything you've seen that you don't like yet?

I've spotted two things:

1. I don't like how Connor stands straight up after synching a view point. I can't explain it, but I know this behavior has a name.
2. I don't like how when Connor jumps outs of a window he lands on his knees and hand and is looking down, then slowly looks up before taking off running. Again, this is the same behavior as above.

I've seen a few different instances of 2 and my observation is that the animation only happens when you stop running, if you don't leave the running controls, it doesn't happen.
(the going through the window thing is scripted, so Connor automatically runs even if you haven't pressed anything, and he will probably stay like that for a while unless you resume running again)

RatonhnhakeFan
09-24-2012, 07:44 PM
I'm just trying to explain to you why it's not, I'm not arguing about how there were more villages out there.You're trying to add a really weird explanation why we are having an European mansion instead of Mohawk village which makes me wonder, especially how you were previously irritated that I use his Native name instead of the adopted English one and how you even corrected another person when he used "Ratonhnhaké:ton" name to use "Connor" as if Connor name was somehow the truer one. I think I'm not the only person who sees this vibe from you

dewgel
09-24-2012, 08:17 PM
You're trying to add a really weird explanation why we are having an European mansion instead of Mohawk village which makes me wonder, especially how you were previously irritated that I use his Native name instead of the adopted English one and how you even corrected another person when he used "Ratonhnhaké:ton" name to use "Connor" as if Connor name was somehow the truer one. I think I'm not the only person who sees this vibe from you

So what exactly are you getting at there? If you're trying to add a hidden insult or a slur there, please do come out and say it.

And let's just make it clear, I have no problem with how he has had a "native" name or he is "native", I've said you come across as very annoying and overly geeky by putting Ratonhnhaké:ton in every sentence.

If you want to bring race into the equation, come out and say it instead of hiding it behind a slur.

I'm not trying to add a really weird explanation, I'm adding the explanation to your disagreement with the game. Deal with it. I'm stating what i've just heard moments before typing it, from a source on the videos we've all just watched. What can't you grasp?

RatonhnhakeFan
09-24-2012, 08:33 PM
So what exactly are you getting at there? If you're trying to add a hidden insult or a slur there, please do come out and say it.

And let's just make it clear, I have no problem with how he has had a "native" name or he is "native", I've said you come across as very annoying and overly geeky by putting Ratonhnhaké:ton in every sentence.

If you want to bring race into the equation, come out and say it instead of hiding it behind a slur. Lol what slur? But yes, I of course did imply racial problem here since like I said, you've showed multiple time that his real name gets you irritated, and now you explain how he and his people have to fit even more and like the game is supposedly all about it

So I'm stating what i've just heard moments before typing it, from a source on the videos we've all just watched. What can't you grasp?That there wasn't anything said or shown about Mohawks living in this community at Homestead while you said that's the reason and they & Ratonhnhaké:ton will be fitting/transforming into 'modern/American' society.

DavisP92
09-24-2012, 08:43 PM

Actually Connor was raised in both, remember his village gets attack and then he joins the assassins at a young age so he would have been raised in both settings. The Mohawk village wouldn't work because it wouldn't blend in with the community (Europeans) and as an assassin he would need that. The village will most likely have all races in there though so there you go

dewgel
09-24-2012, 08:47 PM
Lol what slur? But yes, I of course did imply racial problem here since like I said, you've showed multiple time that his real name gets you irritated, and now you explain how he and his people have to fit even more and like the game is supposedly all about it

That there wasn't anything said or shown about Mohawks living in this community at Homestead while you said that's the reason and they & Ratonhnhaké:ton will be fitting/transforming into 'modern/American' society.

Read this, loud and clear.

HIS REAL NAME DOES NOT GET ME IRRITATED. I THINK IT'S COOL. I DO, HOWEVER, GET IRRITATED BY YOUR OBSESSIVE OVERUSE OF HIS NATIVE NAME. YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL

Now drop this and shut up. Seriously. I've made my points, I have no hidden racisms or hate against tribes or natives.

Read this next one loud and clear, in response to you talking about fitting/transforming into American society.

I'M NOT THE ONE WHO MADE THE EXECUTIVE DECISION AT UBISOFT FOR CONNOR TO SLIP INTO 'AMERICAN/BRITISH/COLONIST' SOCIETY. IT IS HOW THE GAME IS. RATONHNHAKE:TON DOES THIS SO THAT HE CAN BETTER MOVE THROUGH THE COLONISTS RANKS WITHOUT ISSUES.
THIS IS NOT MY DECISION : I'M GIVING YOU REASONS WHY IT IS NOT IN THE GAME AND YOU'RE MAKING IT A POINTLESS PROBLEM.

GO AWAY.

And yes, I am mad, bro'

Actually Connor was raised in both, remember his village gets attack and then he joins the assassins at a young age so he would have been raised in both settings. The Mohawk village wouldn't work because it wouldn't blend in with the community (Europeans) and as an assassin he would need that. The village will most likely have all races in there though so there you go

THIS ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

RatonhnhakeFan
09-24-2012, 08:55 PM
Read this, loud and clear.

[SIZE=3]HIS REAL NAME DOES NOT GET ME IRRITATED. I THINK IT'S COOL. I DO, HOWEVER, GET IRRITATED BY YOUR OBSESSIVE OVERUSE OF HIS NATIVE NAME. YOU ARE AN IDIOT FANBOY[SIZE=1]And you don't get irritated about obsessive overuse of Connor name? What? Same standards dude. And no, it wasn't just me, you also tried to 'school' another person who used his real name. So frankly, why exactly are you surprised my eyebrows started to rise huh? Ohh and CAPS LOCK doesn't impress anyone

MT4K
09-24-2012, 08:56 PM
Let's all calm down aye chaps? :)

DavisP92
09-24-2012, 08:58 PM
hey lets keep this forum civil, you both got into a disagreement and lets just walk away being happy we have some great footage. :D. Ratonhnhakefan, I'm sorry but i stick by my original thought that it would not make any sense for connor to be only in a mohawk village. It would have to be what they are doing now for the blending part.

dewgel
09-24-2012, 08:58 PM
And you don't get irritated about obsessive overuse of Connor name? What? Same standards dude. And no, it wasn't just me, you also tried to 'school' another person who used his real name. So frankly, why exactly are you surprised my eyebrows started to rise huh? Ohh and CAPS LOCK doesn't impress anyone

Caps Lock impressed me. Good bye good sir! My point has been said, DUDE

Assassin_M
09-24-2012, 09:00 PM
Bravo...Bravo..

Im impressed, seriously.. Why tell them to stop, MT4K ? Let them fight like children, see if it gets them anywhere..

Sushiglutton
09-24-2012, 09:58 PM
The QTE based animal interactions. Very disapointed with that as I was really looking forward to the hunting part. Not so much anymore :(. The forest itself looks amazing though. Has always been AC's weakness that Ubi create these wonderful enviroments, but then are unable to create the gameplay to match it.

Also the combat system seems to lack the variety and difficulty I was hoping for. So far it looks like a gimped version of Arkham Asylum, with very cool finishers.

Overall I wish that they would leave more up to the player in pretty much every area. However I respect that these games are made for a very wide audience, many who are not that experienced gamers.

DavisP92
09-24-2012, 10:02 PM
The QTE based animal interactions. Very disapointed with that as I was really looking forward to the hunting part. Not so much anymore :(. The forest itself looks amazing though. Has always been AC's weakness that Ubi create these wonderful enviroments, but then are unable to create the gameplay to match it.

What do you mean by the QTE based animal interactions?

Sushiglutton
09-24-2012, 10:04 PM

Like how Connor fights the moose/wolves in the IGN vids today.

Potato54321
09-24-2012, 10:11 PM

Quick Time Events. Button Presses, instead of combat like with soldiers.

Assassin_M
09-24-2012, 10:15 PM
Game Sucks.. not buying..
Frontier is too small, Boston is crap, and New York is probably a lie, because they haven't shown it properly, Combat sucks, Homestead is ugly and Connor is not Handsome (That is very important for Immersion) Hunting is clunky and really break fighting ? Just slash them, how Disappointing and the Naval Battles are going to be bad, because I said so..

Over all these Previews have really opened my Eyes about this ***** game, Thank you..

Potato54321
09-24-2012, 10:16 PM
Ignore this post. And sorry for double post :\

Potato54321
09-24-2012, 10:17 PM
the Naval Battles are going to be bad, because I said so..

This gave it away. Try harder next time :p

Assassin_M
09-24-2012, 10:17 PM
the Naval Battles are going to be bad, because I said so..

This gave it away. Try harder next time :p
Im supposed to give it away..:rolleyes:

AssassinZ7
09-24-2012, 10:33 PM
caps lock impressed me. Good bye good sir! My point has been said, dude
pwnd

Assassin_M
09-24-2012, 10:34 PM
pwnd
Oh yeah very cool..

Provoke the fight again after it was finished...

AssassinZ7
09-24-2012, 10:36 PM
There is not much you cant like........yet, well have to wait till we play it for until then we shall never know what really lies behind this curtain of secrecy.....

NewBlade200
09-24-2012, 11:15 PM
I don't like how there's very little stealth segments shown. Its just that they keep showing Connor run into battle and massacre everyone

Potato54321
09-24-2012, 11:21 PM
I don't like how there's very little stealth segments shown. Its just that they keep showing Connor run into battle and massacre everyone

I think this is the intention. It's been mentioned several times how they want the soldiers to stand no chance against Connor.

On the bright side, some of the people who played it have mentioned that's it's significantly harder than the previous games, so while you're able to kill everyone, it might be difficult to get to that level, and you'll have to stick to sneaking around to survive.

Personally, I think they're appealing to the "bro-gamer" type of player who wants to be able to just massacre everyone so they're showing off combat that would actually not be so easy to pull off, while you'd actually have to be careful.

DavisP92
09-24-2012, 11:35 PM
Like how Connor fights the moose/wolves in the IGN vids today.

Oh okay well then you should be fine then because I think those quick time events only happen when they hostile animal notices you. So if you shoot your bow while hidden in the animal's head then i'm pretty sure you'd avoid all the QTE

kudos17
09-24-2012, 11:41 PM

Whaaaaaat? :eek:

I thought those instances were cool. Connor standing straight up fearless and strong made me think of an eagle on a perch (I'm guessing that's not a coincidence). Landing on his knees and hands only happens if you don't move after activating the quick-pass through the houses. Otherwise, he rolls off the momentum.

I think the word you're looking for is "cheesy". Both those instances were, kind of. But I thought their cool-factor outweighed that. Unless you mean the actual personality of Connor, in which case, I don't know what you mean :confused:

CalgaryJay
09-24-2012, 11:58 PM
The only hope I have for the TQE parts are, if you watch that winter Frontier gameplay Youtube clip from a few months ago, when the wolves charge you, it never pops up. And at least according to what's shown in that video, you can see all the other changing icons at the bottom to see what he's selecting.

Maybe the parts we saw today were done off a just-started game, so its still in its tutorial stages? Maybe you can turn the button hints off? Hopefully anyway..

That was my only real issue with the videos today, other than that I'm so jacked up for this game. Looks great.

GunnarGunderson
09-25-2012, 12:21 AM
The insultingly easy difficulty and the refusal to integrate difficulty settings

The guys at CVG said in their Tax Collectors commentary that firing lines didn't instantly kill them.

BBALive
09-25-2012, 12:50 AM
Quick-Time Events when fighting animals.

xXRyzonXx
09-25-2012, 12:59 AM
The insultingly easy difficulty and the refusal to integrate difficulty settings

The guys at CVG said in their Tax Collectors commentary that firing lines didn't instantly kill them.

So, you are going to take the word of a guy who has probably only encounter a couple of firing lines, and not been killed...

You are complaining about difficulty, when the game isn't even out, that's like saying your freind's socks are ugly when he is wearing shoes..

Potato54321
09-25-2012, 01:01 AM
So, you are going to take the word of a guy who has probably only encounter a couple of firing lines, and not been killed...

You are complaining about difficulty, when the game isn't even out, that's like saying your freind's socks are ugly when he is wearing shoes..

Bad analogy. A much better one would be saying complaining that your friend's socks are ugly when we can only see the top of it. We've seen some gameplay, the game isn't a complete mystery, but we don't have the full package.

As to BradKinn, we shall see.

xXRyzonXx
09-25-2012, 01:04 AM
Bad analogy. A much better one would be saying complaining that your friend's socks are ugly when we can only see the top of it. We've seen some gameplay, the game isn't a complete mystery, but we don't have the full package.

As to BradKinn, we shall see.

I'll give you that, my analogy was slightly flawed. :rolleyes:

Jexx21
09-25-2012, 04:26 AM
I don't like the possibility of tree branches not breaking from time to time.

In a recent UbiSoft game 'I am Alive', they have parts of the climbable environment break off after you use them.

Potato54321
09-25-2012, 04:30 AM
I don't like the possibility of tree branches not breaking from time to time.

In a recent UbiSoft game 'I am Alive', they have parts of the climbable environment break off after you use them.

But then what happens when you have run around the environment hundreds of times and all the branches fell off? Doesn't really work in an open world.

Jexx21
09-25-2012, 04:38 AM
They would reset when you leave the map/turn off the game, I'd imagine.

And I don't mean all branches anyway, just certain branches that are programmed in that they'll break. Like, maybe you'll see that they're cracked and you should avoid using them as footholds.

ProletariatPleb
09-25-2012, 07:23 AM
They would reset when you leave the map/turn off the game, I'd imagine.

And I don't mean all branches anyway, just certain branches that are programmed in that they'll break. Like, maybe you'll see that they're cracked and you should avoid using them as footholds.
Jexx is alive!

Ontopic:
That would serve little purpose IMO, and would require more scripting and more memory, and I highly doubt with the scale of the game they can spare as much memory on the current consoles just allocated to branches breaking.

dex3108BL
09-25-2012, 08:29 AM
Things that didn't like in videos are:

- recycled sound (swimming, hitting water after jump. locking enemy/animal, sound when enemy is starting attack...)
- foliage and trees (personaly i expected more because frontier is part where we will be spending most of the time)
- battle is still looking easy but i am used to it because of the past games but i would like to see harder combat
- quick button pressing (well i hate this in any game) is making game even easier
- and maybe white outline on enemy will irritate me after some time

HisSpiritLives
09-25-2012, 08:30 AM

- recycled sound (swimming, hitting water after jump. locking enemy/animal, sound when enemy is starting attack...)
- foliage and trees (personaly i expected more because frontier is part where we will be spending most of the time)
- battle is still looking easy but i am used to it because of the past games but i would like to see harder combat
- quick button pressing (well i hate this in any game) is making game even easier

I think those videos werent final version.And i think batlle became harder and defending from those animals isnt as easy as it looks ,if you heard those guys who played it they said they needed some time until they figured out combat and one them said that animals killed him several times.

roostersrule2
09-25-2012, 08:32 AM
Just before an enemy attacks a red exclamation mark appears above there head kinda like sleeping dogs, it's really annoying and disorientating and as if combat wasn't easy enough.

dex3108BL
09-25-2012, 08:39 AM
Also i didn't like how they will be unlocking story for multiplayer. PC version will never see complete story because small amount of players in comparation to consoles.

Assassin_M
09-25-2012, 08:46 AM

I can understand you not liking combat and QTEs, but... Recycled Sound ? Are you just looking for stuff to "Not Like" ? Seriously ? and what does number 2 mean ? You mean you do not like how the Foliage and Trees look ? or what ?

roostersrule2
09-25-2012, 08:56 AM
I can understand you not liking combat and QTEs, but... Recycled Sound ? Are you just looking for stuff to "Not Like" ? Seriously ? and what does number 2 mean ? You mean you do not like how the Foliage and Trees look ? or what ?I have to agree, I happen to like the recycled sounds it gives you that nostalgic feeling and makes you think back to AC1 and 2. In regards to number 2 I think he/she doesn't like the 2D look some plants have, it's only a minor annoyance IMO.

dex3108BL
09-25-2012, 08:56 AM
Well sound part is little annoying for me because i already heard it in past games and when i heard them i immediately remember something in past games :D Don't get me wrong i like what they did with the game but small things make game perfect :D

Also about trees and foliage, it's not as good as i wanted. Leafs and grass are too 2D, they should use little variation of 2D elements to get more 3D look. Again i like 90% of game and there is nothing i can"t use to it but again small details make game perfect :D

Assassin_M
09-25-2012, 09:04 AM
Well sound part is little annoying for me because i already heard it in past games and when i heard them i immediately remember something in past games :D Don't get me wrong i like what they did with the game but small things make game perfect :D

Also about trees and foliage, it's not as good as i wanted. Leafs and grass are too 2D, they should use little variation of 2D elements to get more 3D look. Again i like 90% of game and there is nothing i can"t use to it but again small details make game perfect :D

Regarding the sound ? Well... I`ll just let it go, because that is just confusing..

The Foliage ? That is the most your current gen can handle..

dex3108BL
09-25-2012, 09:07 AM
Well that's the problem because i am PC player and i have powerful PC that i am using for my work and gaming. And i know that my PC can handle more and that's why i am complaining about foliage and trees :D

Assassin_M
09-25-2012, 09:10 AM
Well that's the problem because i am PC player and i have powerful PC that i am using for my work and gaming. And i know that my PC can handle more and that's why i am complaining about foliage and trees :D
Sure, But the base for Development is the Console..

dex3108BL
09-25-2012, 09:12 AM
I know. It is really hard to be PC player this days :D

Assassin_M
09-25-2012, 09:15 AM
I know. It is really hard to be PC player this days :D
Indeed..

Subject J80
09-25-2012, 09:59 AM
Can people please post what they like about the previews on http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/715813-Favourite-Part-of-Preview-Videos-(Possible-Spoilers)

Pact64
09-25-2012, 10:18 AM
Hi. Just a wish list from a could-be fan. : )

Below is my honest educated opinion on several of Assassins Creed (AC) usual flaws and/ or points of improvement.

* Buttonmash combat is no fun. It might keep the younglings play for longer periods of time. But for most people it leaves a distaste in the mouth. I know you want to keep a certain level of flow in the game. So that the player wont have to battle for 5 minutes to kill someone. But I would think that if you feel good after defeating an enemy, it balances that.
How do we do this? With AC: Revelation(R) combat as a source. Punish wailing your sword around by either having the enemies deflecting the attack, or dodging away from the crazy person. If they deflect it, say by hitting your sword with theirs, the player falls backwards and can choose to run away or get up and fight at an disadvantage. If the enemies starts dodging, and keeping their distance, this can be used to force them into hazardous areas, but might give the enemy time to load their guns or surround you.

* Superman? It is widely discussed and/or joked upon, that the main character of assassins creed is always taking out huge crowds of soldiers with little to no trouble. You may say: "This is a video game, off course stuff like this happen" Well. Your video game always try to be very realistic, in design and aesthetics as well as story, so oddities like this stands out like a sore thumb. The bombs in AS:R was a step in the right direction. You don't want to fight a billion enemies in the cramped city streets. However, the punishment one tried to avoid in AS:R were the "wanted meter". Not the fear of getting bested.
Solutions/ improvements?
Step by step punishments for taking to much damage. If there are layers of downsides for loosing your health, you might want to try to avoid even the first downside, only choosing to stay and fight when it is most needed. The layers could be impairment of different limbs, loosing equipment/purse, actually going to jail, and having to escape.

* Hold x and point y in that direction. Moving around in AC always feel free. You can go anywhere, as easy as that. This, makes it boring to achive goals using this system. I think you have to choose whether climbing/ parkour-ing will be used as straight forward method of getting from A to B, or if it should be used as a challenge device. Because! It is WAY to easy. You hold a button, and point in the desired direction. The only wrong you can do, is getting bored, or careless, and mistakenly point the wrong way, forcing you to do the challenge over again This would be compared to: "forgetting to jump when you meet a Goomba, in Mario". The challenges at this point, is just eye candy, showing off the cool climbing/jumping system.

Solution? I guess force more player input if you want to the parkour to be a gameplay challenge feature. Which AC is kinda known for i guess? Even though I never see anyone who thinks of it as a challenge. AC:R introduced the hook for faster climbing, that's a step in the right direction I think, include loose bricks, manual jumps for faraway "grab points". Of course, if you didn't already plan this into the game, it is way to late now I would imagine. I guess this goes for all my points. ; )

* Side missions. AC games lately have been giving the player a lot of extra options. Like in Revelation where you can send assassins on side missions, and controlling other regions around the world, as well as leveling them up. And I read that AC3 will have some trading possibilities. I fear, that similar to AC:R these features will consist of menu navigation... I do not understand,.. why make a feature that requires you to "play" inside of menus. I would compare this to playing Mario, going down a pipe, and then getting a dialogue box giving you options on whether you want to pick up the coins, or ignore the coins and head for the surface.

* Story. I am sorry. I hate the "modern day" I have super trouble feeling immersed in the world when I see white glitches, white walls, constant modern day missions and so on. It is hands down the stupidest thing the games does. And you have spent so much time on it, and it has been so important in the games story line, that you can't just stop doing it.

I will probably not check back to this forum. I just post it here and hope the developers care.

Assassin_M
09-25-2012, 10:23 AM
Hi. Just a wish list from a could-be fan. : )

Below is my honest educated opinion on several of Assassins Creed (AC) usual flaws and/ or points of improvement.

* Buttonmash combat is no fun. It might keep the younglings play for longer periods of time. But for most people it leaves a distaste in the mouth. I know you want to keep a certain level of flow in the game. So that the player wont have to battle for 5 minutes to kill someone. But I would think that if you feel good after defeating an enemy, it balances that.
How do we do this? With AC: Revelation(R) combat as a source. Punish wailing your sword around by either having the enemies deflecting the attack, or dodging away from the crazy person. If they deflect it, say by hitting your sword with theirs, the player falls backwards and can choose to run away or get up and fight at an disadvantage. If the enemies starts dodging, and keeping their distance, this can be used to force them into hazardous areas, but might give the enemy time to load their guns or surround you.

* Superman? It is widely discussed and/or joked upon, that the main character of assassins creed is always taking out huge crowds of soldiers with little to no trouble. You may say: "This is a video game, off course stuff like this happen" Well. Your video game always try to be very realistic, in design and aesthetics as well as story, so oddities like this stands out like a sore thumb. The bombs in AS:R was a step in the right direction. You don't want to fight a billion enemies in the cramped city streets. However, the punishment one tried to avoid in AS:R were the "wanted meter". Not the fear of getting bested.
Solutions/ improvements?
Step by step punishments for taking to much damage. If there are layers of downsides for loosing your health, you might want to try to avoid even the first downside, only choosing to stay and fight when it is most needed. The layers could be impairment of different limbs, loosing equipment/purse, actually going to jail, and having to escape.

* Hold x and point y in that direction. Moving around in AC always feel free. You can go anywhere, as easy as that. This, makes it boring to achive goals using this system. I think you have to choose whether climbing/ parkour-ing will be used as straight forward method of getting from A to B, or if it should be used as a challenge device. Because! It is WAY to easy. You hold a button, and point in the desired direction. The only wrong you can do, is getting bored, or careless, and mistakenly point the wrong way, forcing you to do the challenge over again This would be compared to: "forgetting to jump when you meet a Goomba, in Mario". The challenges at this point, is just eye candy, showing off the cool climbing/jumping system.

Solution? I guess force more player input if you want to the parkour to be a gameplay challenge feature. Which AC is kinda known for i guess? Even though I never see anyone who thinks of it as a challenge. AC:R introduced the hook for faster climbing, that's a step in the right direction I think, include loose bricks, manual jumps for faraway "grab points". Of course, if you didn't already plan this into the game, it is way to late now I would imagine. I guess this goes for all my points. ; )

* Side missions. AC games lately have been giving the player a lot of extra options. Like in Revelation where you can send assassins on side missions, and controlling other regions around the world, as well as leveling them up. And I read that AC3 will have some trading possibilities. I fear, that similar to AC:R these features will consist of menu navigation... I do not understand,.. why make a feature that requires you to "play" inside of menus. I would compare this to playing Mario, going down a pipe, and then getting a dialogue box giving you options on whether you want to pick up the coins, or ignore the coins and head for the surface.

* Story. I am sorry. I hate the "modern day" I have super trouble feeling immersed in the world when I see white glitches, white walls, constant modern day missions and so on. It is hands down the stupidest thing the games does. And you have spent so much time on it, and it has been so important in the games story line, that you can't just stop doing it.

I will probably not check back to this forum. I just post it here and hope the developers care.
I stopped reading after that

roostersrule2
09-25-2012, 10:26 AM
I stopped reading after thatIt made me read more as I WONDERED if it would have anything funny in it.

Assassin_M
09-25-2012, 10:28 AM
It made me read more as I WONDERED if it would have anything funny in it.
You think ?:eek:

Maybe he learned English and returned ?

roostersrule2
09-25-2012, 10:31 AM
You think ?:eek:

Maybe he learned English and returned ?Just reminded me of him with the first post being really long, and how he too was also complaining about the game and the fact he said ASR instead of ACR.

Assassin_M
09-25-2012, 10:32 AM
Just reminded me of him with the first post being really long, he too was complaining about the game and the fact he said ASR.
Looking at the other one now xD

There is a Resemblance :O

dex3108BL
09-25-2012, 10:43 AM
I think that you guys need to chill out a bit. Everybody can express their opinion here and i think that little respect to other members will not harm you. ;)

Assassin_M
09-25-2012, 10:45 AM
I think that you guys need to chill out a bit. Everybody can express their opinion here and i think that little respect to other members will not harm you. ;)
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/595834-Why-Assassin-s-Creed-became-boring-Forums

roostersrule2
09-25-2012, 10:49 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/595834-Why-Assassin-s-Creed-became-boring-ForumsStarted looking at it again it still cracks me up every time.

Locopells
09-25-2012, 11:02 AM
oh, so THAT's the IWTT thread!

LightRey
09-25-2012, 11:43 AM
The only thing I've spotted that I didn't really like is the QT events for animal attacks. I always feel those limit my freedom.

projectpat06
09-25-2012, 12:20 PM
The only thing I've spotted that I didn't really like is the QT events for animal attacks. I always feel those limit my freedom.

Well, they could have made it with just one counter button with a tiny cut scene to kill an attacking animal (boring). I think the QT events work well here in that it's indicative of the player having to think on their toes and pay attention in order to survive instead of just pressing one button you have committed to memory.

LightRey
09-25-2012, 12:25 PM
Well, they could have made it with just one counter button with a tiny cut scene to kill an attacking animal (boring). I think the QT events work well here in that it's indicative of the player having to think on their toes and pay attention in order to survive instead of just pressing one button you have committed to memory.
I'd just have preferred a combat system really. Not a regular counter, but the QT event just seems to me like a counter with forced difficulty.

Legendz54
09-25-2012, 12:29 PM
Yea.. not too fussed about the QT events for animals, the fighting with animals is adjusted to fit the combat of the game, you can't just have Connor swinging his tomohawk around like an idiot trying to scratch the animal, you must have some kind of lock on, so QT events are the best option here, they wont always be activated if you take out the animals from a distance with a bow or rifle which adds variety so im happy about that.

roostersrule2
09-25-2012, 12:33 PM
The thing I find weird with the QTE is that Alex said button mash combat system basically don't work yet this is one, please explain. However I don't think there the best option but not a bad option nonetheless.

LightRey
09-25-2012, 12:52 PM
Yea.. not too fussed about the QT events for animals, the fighting with animals is adjusted to fit the combat of the game, you can't just have Connor swinging his tomohawk around like an idiot trying to scratch the animal, you must have some kind of lock on, so QT events are the best option here, they wont always be activated if you take out the animals from a distance with a bow or rifle which adds variety so im happy about that.
Yeah, they're easily avoided if you use skill and strategy it seems, so that's a plus. :P

pacmanate
09-25-2012, 01:13 PM

Tbh, If anyone got shot by a firing line they would die, it renders the human shield kinda useless. Fair enough it lets you keep max health but there isn't much need to be like "CRAP, NEED TO GRAB GUY!". Which is what it should be IMO.

This, hate QT events :\. I liked them in Cutscenes in AC2 though, don't know why they removed them :\.

Sushiglutton
09-25-2012, 02:03 PM
This, hate QT events :\. I liked them in Cutscenes in AC2 though, don't know why they removed them :\.

I must admit I'm glad they removed them. I prefer the cut scene to be a moment of relaxation so I can sip on a cold drink rather than paying attention to if a button prompt suddenly shows up :).

SteelCity999
09-25-2012, 02:03 PM
I can't imagine the QT events will happen all of the time with animals. Are you going to have an entire pack of wolves with QT? Maybe it's only when the animals are in your line of sight at the moment of attack? Or just randomly generated?

Sushiglutton
09-25-2012, 02:12 PM

I always end up talking about Arkham City, but its just because Rocksteady did such an amazing job with the gameplay. Anyway they solved this very elegantly. In the game you had a universal counter button, but they changed slightly what it did. So far example in the last fight the counter button meant jumping away from the boss attacks. They also tweaked what your attacks meant depending on enemy, but in a natural way so you felt in control all the time.

This is what Ubi should have done. When the moose attacks you simply press the dodge/counter button, but it triggers a slightly different animation. Similarily you can use all your weapons but with a slightly different result than vs normal enemies.

Sushiglutton
09-25-2012, 02:15 PM
I can't imagine the QT events will happen all of the time with animals. Are you going to have an entire pack of wolves with QT? Maybe it's only when the animals are in your line of sight at the moment of attack? Or just randomly generated?

Yeah only when the animals attack I think. For example in the frontier demo Connor takes out a couple of wolves with his pistols, so there is def freedom.

Legendz54
09-25-2012, 02:26 PM
Assassins creed 3 was on Australian ten news!! Basically talking about how an Aussie is developing a game about america and showing snippets of the game.

Eskaminzim
09-25-2012, 04:16 PM
QTE that's pretty much it. These other posts give me hope that it wont be TOO bad. Kind of off topic here, but I hope the're missions where you have to actually track down your target and not just tail/chase them like in previous games. I think that would be interesting especially since we have the frontier.

Eskaminzim
09-25-2012, 04:18 PM
Assassins creed 3 was on Australian ten news!! Basically talking about how an Aussie is developing a game about america and showing snippets of the game.

Really? That's cool.

Locopells
09-25-2012, 04:19 PM
Slow news day...

Sick_one12
09-25-2012, 04:29 PM
I dont know whats so bad about the "animal-quick-time events" thats the punishment for provocating them or being detected by them:)

would it be better to be able to mash combos into a poor moose? XD

Locopells
09-25-2012, 04:31 PM
^ This.

BBALive
09-25-2012, 04:38 PM
I dont know whats so bad about the "animal-quick-time events" thats the punishment for provocate them or being detected by them:)

would it be better to be able to mash combos into a poor moose? XD

It could be dealt with differently. Instead of QTEs, make it like fighting a normal person, but use animal-specific animations.

ProletariatPleb
09-25-2012, 04:43 PM
It could be dealt with differently. Instead of QTEs, make it like fighting a normal person, but use animal-specific animations.
^That.

I want to play Assassin's Creed, not Heavy Rain.

Eskaminzim
09-25-2012, 05:00 PM
Slow news day...

lol

Eskaminzim
09-25-2012, 05:01 PM
^That.

I want to play Assassin's Creed, not Heavy Rain.

Fair point.

SteelCity999
09-25-2012, 05:03 PM

Hopefully at the very least they use random buttom assignments for the QTE's instead of the same exact thing everytime. I bet the de-sync feature played havoc if the player was left alone to do entirely what they wanted like a hack-n-slash button mashing.

HisSpiritLives
09-25-2012, 07:10 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/595834-Why-Assassin-s-Creed-became-boring-Forums

Oh such stupid guy....

AssassinZ7
09-25-2012, 10:35 PM
...?

monster_rambo
09-26-2012, 02:00 AM
So far there is nothing to hate about this game. Everything seems so perfect and there is more content that they are not revealing until release day (of course you can't take their word for it). Have to play the game to see its actual flaws.

AltairCBM
09-26-2012, 02:05 AM
All my gripes are minor ones. After the disappointment I thought Revelations was, all this game needs to please me is the lack of fake Italian accents.

monster_rambo
09-26-2012, 02:07 AM
All my gripes are minor ones. After the disappointment I thought Revelations was, all this game needs to please me is the lack of fake Italian accents.

I have nothing against Italian accents. Is just the fact Revelations was a bit of a disappointment for me. I will say, however, is that the native language is surprisingly the best language I've ever heard.

AltairCBM
09-26-2012, 02:09 AM
No I love a good Italian accents. That was my problem with the accents from Ezio's games. So...fake....o_e

I can't wait to hear more of the Mohawk language. It's all so fun to pronounce.

lightning667
09-26-2012, 04:07 AM
The only thing I am not liking is how the camera pans away from Connor when he is fighting large groups.
It feels as if the player is being taken out of the action.
But this isn't even a big deal. When I get the game I will be too busy loving it to notice the camera panning out.

Aphex_Tim
09-26-2012, 08:30 AM

How exactly does one wonder the testicle?

Ontopic:
The only thing i don't really like so far is how the amazing mr. Kyd doesn't provide the soundtrack anymore. That's really just a personal gripe though.
Of course i haven't heard much of the soundtrack so i really can't judge yet. Ubi has proven me wrong on many of my previous doubts about this game already so this probably won't be any different.

eagleforlife1
09-26-2012, 12:26 PM
The only thing I disliked was that when someone or something was shot with an arrow it magically disappeared from their corpse. Would have thought it would be a simple thing to have sorted.

AssassinVenice
09-26-2012, 12:31 PM
I don't like the way Connor "flies" across beams and streets. The falling animations are way slower now and they look pretty unnatural. That's pretty much it from me.
:cool:

MT4K
09-26-2012, 12:58 PM
The only thing I disliked was that when someone or something was shot with an arrow it magically disappeared from their corpse. Would have thought it would be a simple thing to have sorted.

Did this happen when Connor went up to the animal? Because i remember hearing something once about being able to reclaim arrows :D.

IWGCJoeCool
09-26-2012, 01:03 PM
would not the manor be the future home and central HQ of the American Assassins? of course it would have to fit in.

JC

adarwinter
09-26-2012, 01:10 PM
i do not like how the game seems to be easy.
all AC games were easy and that was the biggest thing that kept me from fully enjoying them. i kinda hoped that AC3 will be better in that regard.

Umbra_Blade
09-26-2012, 01:31 PM
The only thing I don't like so far is that I have to wait another bloody month before I get to play it, other than that, everything looks fine to my eyes :p

pacmanate
09-26-2012, 01:50 PM
2 things.

1. Connor when jumping seems to have some serious air time which looks weird
2. The branches on trees look a bit weird. They shouldn't be bare, I hope they add like leaves or something up the trees...

CalgaryJay
09-26-2012, 02:13 PM
The only thing i don't really like so far is how the amazing mr. Kyd doesn't provide the soundtrack anymore. That's really just a personal gripe though.
Of course i haven't heard much of the soundtrack so i really can't judge yet. Ubi has proven me wrong on many of my previous doubts about this game already so this probably won't be any different.

I'd go so far as to say Kyd produces the best soundtracks I've ever heard in a game, bar none. But I'm actually good with him not doing this one. A drastically new setting IMO needs drastically different music, probably something a little more subtle & "rural", especially out in the Frontier (mostly so you can hear the nature, like how RDR did it).

I think game music needs to fit the setting they're in (obviously), and with ACR, while the soundtrack was amazing yet again, I didn't feel it fit Ottoman Constantinople like it did with AC2 / ACB. I was hoping for some Turkish or Islamic sounding music to help immerse you into the setting more, but with the exception of maybe one track, it was just Renaissance Italy type music again, I was a little disappointed in that actually.

So with that in mind, I was actually a little concerned if Kyd did 3, that it would yet again be more beautiful, but out of place, Renaissance-type music again, which needless to say, would not fit a rough, colonial port like 18th Century New York / Boston.

roostersrule2
09-26-2012, 02:17 PM
I'd go so far as to say Kyd produces the best soundtracks I've ever heard in a game, bar none. But I'm actually good with him not doing this one. A drastically new setting IMO needs drastically different music, probably something a little more subtle & "rural", especially out in the Frontier (mostly so you can hear the nature, like how RDR did it).

I think game music needs to fit the setting they're in (obviously), and with ACR, while the soundtrack was amazing yet again, I didn't feel it fit Ottoman Constantinople like it did with AC2 / ACB. I was hoping for some Turkish or Islamic sounding music to help immerse you into the setting more, but with the exception of maybe one track, it was just Renaissance Italy type music again, I was a little disappointed in that actually.

So with that in mind, I was actually a little concerned if Kyd did 3, that it would yet again be more beautiful, but out of place, Renaissance-type music again, which needless to say, would not fit a rough, colonial port like 18th Century New York / Boston.I'm not worried about the OST as I loved Balfe's work in ACR and the small amount of music I have heard in AC3 has been good.

freddie_1897
09-26-2012, 04:22 PM
i don't like how long this thread is.

ProletariatPleb
09-26-2012, 04:22 PM
This thread, I do not like it :P

Assassin_M
09-26-2012, 04:23 PM
i don't like how long this thread is.
this..

tarrero
09-26-2012, 04:42 PM
No I love a good Italian accents. That was my problem with the accents from Ezio's games. So...fake....o_e

I can't wait to hear more of the Mohawk language. It's all so fun to pronounce.

The fakest accent has been SO far when when one of Cesare´s soldiers killed a woman in Viana (Spain) and she said "Oh God my son" with a "American/canadian imposing a mexican" accent like haha......

And my only complaint/fear is to see Connor´s story to be rushed and milk for three consecutive years.......

AnthonyA85
09-26-2012, 06:25 PM
At the moment, the only thing i'm not particularly keen on so far, is the QTE thing with the animals. I'd rather we fight them as we would any human threat. I just hope the prompts go away if you don't press the button they want you too, (like in previous AC games)

adarwinter
09-26-2012, 07:47 PM
At the moment, the only thing i'm not particularly keen on so far, is the QTE thing with the animals. I'd rather we fight them as we would any human threat. I just hope the prompts go away if you don't press the button they want you too, (like in previous AC games)
im with you on that.
in turns the animal attacks to feel like a (japanese) video game instead of a fight against a feral beast.
i agree that if an animal attack connor you should either press the counter button or the dodge button (if there is such a button) and not this ugly game-y interface.

lothario-da-be
09-26-2012, 08:08 PM
Stop complaining it ruins your own experience

Soulid_Snake
09-26-2012, 08:14 PM
That Ezio's not in the game!:(

lothario-da-be
09-26-2012, 08:15 PM
That Ezio's not in the game!:(
He is! unlockable via uplay.

Soulid_Snake
09-26-2012, 08:54 PM
He is! unlockable via uplay.

This is for your eyes only: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fWvub_WBho

YuurHeen
09-26-2012, 09:34 PM
1: that i already know to much about the time and place this game will be set in.
2: that killing will be to easy.
3: hunting. kinda boring.
4: snow: i want to be able to run on the ground when i want to.
5: that again mini-games will be in it. previous we already saw that being a postboy(ac2) and tower defens(acr) failed and now we get naval battles that again have nothing to do with assassins.

Assassin_M
09-27-2012, 07:04 AM
1: that i already know to much about the time and place this game will be set in.
2: that killing will be to easy.
3: hunting. kinda boring.
4: snow: i want to be able to run on the ground when i want to.
5: that again mini-games will be in it. previous we already saw that being a postboy(ac2) and tower defens(acr) failed and now we get naval battles that again have nothing to do with assassins.
Basically the whole game ?

Jexx21
09-27-2012, 11:51 AM

Problem is, I don't think it could of been dealt with the way you want to. It's far easier to do what they have done (QTEs) than revamping the whole fighting system. Which would probably of been needed to do what you're suggesting. The animals would need to be programmed to fight differently from the guards, and not differently like the different guard archetypes, but a new way of fighting altogether.

No, it was probably easier and less resource intensive to do it the way it is now, and it's not like it's even something that would happen that often.

kabahaly
09-27-2012, 12:22 PM
Who cares if you like something or don't like something? Ubisoft could care less, please close this thread.

Aphex_Tim
09-27-2012, 12:28 PM
Who cares if you like something or don't like something? Ubisoft could care less, please close this thread.

This is a forum. Things are discussed here.

projectpat06
09-27-2012, 12:30 PM
Making demands like a chump on the first post? Welcome to the forums......???

And actually Ubisoft is a company that does care. They look into their fans' input and responses to their products. Sure it won't change anything now since the game is done, but it definitely affects future games and dlc. Den Defense from ACR is a good example.

YuurHeen
09-27-2012, 03:13 PM
Basically the whole game ?

nope. epic battles, great characters and desmonds end story will make this great. every game has disadvantages since everyone got a different opinion on what a good game contains.

Ielgon
09-27-2012, 06:05 PM
To chime in on the animal QTE discussion: Remember that animals act either on their fight or flight instinct. A full on combat mode with animals wouldn't work since the moment they get hurt they run and we'd have to chase them (they would never just hang around waiting for you to finish them). The system where they decide to fight and you as Connor have to use the QTE to quickly dodge the attack and counter with your reflexes and then one shot kill them is a lot more realistic (since now they will fight and it'll be a quick kill or be killed moment or they'll go for flight and run from you).

Simply put: Real animals don't do "combat" where they run and attack around an area multiple times and stay there (the "combat" they do is more of a grapple/quick charge and hope it kills what they're attacking). They'll charge you, attempt to kill you with all their might and run if they get hurt and have the chance or they'll run at the first sight of you.

I agree on that the way the prompts are represented is too in your face QTE-ish though, the option for the dodge button to be the dodge and the assassinate button to kill them after a dodge would be better since then it won't present itself as a QTE and more as a natural progression of the controls. Maybe the prompts can be turned off though!

Sushiglutton
09-27-2012, 06:43 PM
I agree on that the way the prompts are represented is too in your face QTE-ish though, the option for the dodge button to be the dodge and the assassinate button to kill them after a dodge would be better since then it won't present itself as a QTE and more as a natural progression of the controls. Maybe the prompts can be turned off though!

Yeah that's what I want basically, use your normal buttons. That way you will focus on the animals movement to time/choose ur action at the right moment. In the QTE system your eyes will focus on the area where the button icons show up, which kind of leaves the animal in the background. I think the latter is a lot less natural.