PDA

View Full Version : Swap, swap that console POS!

AssassinVenice
09-24-2012, 12:46 PM
Hey forums!

So a couple of months ago I made a post regarding my idea to sway consoles for the AC franchise. Today I've made my final decision. I'm gonna do it.
Call me crazy but I'm sick and tired of replaying my favourite franchise on the PS3 with huge amounts of lag and graphical problems ( I'm looking at you ACB.)
I'm gonna trade-in all of my PS3 AC games and I'm getting the Quadrilogy Edition for Xbox 360 from eBay, for $70.

I'd like to know what yo guys think about it, specially that AC3 is almost on our doorstep.

NOLA_Assassin
09-24-2012, 12:58 PM
Tread carefully boy...

AssassinVenice
09-24-2012, 01:02 PM
Tread carefully boy...
Fanboy war, doesn't interest me. I am still loyal to my PS3, just can't stand my favourite franchise suffering in such a cruel way.

LightRey
09-24-2012, 01:03 PM
While the Xbox 360 versions aren't perfect, I have to say I've heard complaints from the PS3 versions that I've never experienced (to such an extent) on the Xbox 360 versions, so I certainly understand the decision.

Locopells
09-24-2012, 01:15 PM
Fanboy war, doesn't interest me. I am still loyal to my PS3, just can't stand my favourite franchise suffering in such a cruel way.

Nethertheless...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PySyY67HIB4&feature=plcp

pacmanate
09-24-2012, 01:32 PM

I am a PS3 boy at heart too, and I bought a 360 because the PS3 gets done in on pretty much every multiplatform game.

Coming from someone who has only had a microsoft console since Revelations, I will say you will have a much smoother time on the 360 :D

IWGCJoeCool
09-24-2012, 01:51 PM
greetings fellow fans and assassins.

i'm a total noob to the series and play on XBox.. as the story goes i was pretty well captivated by AC3 during the E3 in June. the more i saw, the more curious i became. a few weeks ago, i downloaded AC1 from XBL, and just finished it Saturday....finish being open for intrerpretation, cuz i really just wanted to see it all from the begininng. Saturday i traded the EA Sports disaster known as Tiger Woods 13 for a preowned copy of AC2 at Gamestop and just started playing it.. this time i'll spend some more time with the fine points and really get deep. when AC3 hits i should be ready.

i was never much into the bloody hack n slash stuff, but this series presents it and moves on without the overdone and glorified splatter. anyway, i'm already a big fan.

on-topic, no problems at all with frame rate or slow performance on the XBox. AC1 was a download, and i installed the AC2 disc, so the console only needs to know you have it, then plays off the HDD.

Joe Cool

...or Ezio Calmo as i'm now known in my own gameplay forum.

NOLA_Assassin
09-24-2012, 03:01 PM

Sorry if that came off as fanboyish, I actually own a 360 and don't have a PS3. I was just giving fair warning.

IceHot100
09-24-2012, 04:12 PM
I am a PS3 boy at heart too, and I bought a 360 because the PS3 gets done in on pretty much every multiplatform game.

Coming from someone who has only had a microsoft console since Revelations, I will say you will have a much smoother time on the 360 :D

And have a "poor" time when paying for AC3 online :D...

(Don't take it seriously pls, it's just a joke...) :)

AssassinVenice
09-24-2012, 05:10 PM
Thanks for your comments guys. I'm gonna swap my copies. :)

rileypoole1234
09-24-2012, 09:04 PM
I've played all of them on each console and haven't had any of the problems you mentioned.

Potato54321
09-24-2012, 09:07 PM
I don't know why there's a fanboy war going on here. The PS3 and the Xbox 360 are both equally inferior to the PC.

Just kidding.

AssassinVenice
09-24-2012, 09:23 PM
I've played all of them on each console and haven't had any of the problems you mentioned.

Which one ran smoother? The 360 one, I bet.

rileypoole1234
09-24-2012, 09:26 PM
Which one ran smoother? The 360 one, I bet.

That actually is true. I've noticed that on PS3 when circling around the character, the camera gets really shakey. It's really like screen tearing or something, I don't really know what it's called.

AssassinZ7
09-24-2012, 10:43 PM
Ha i have had no problems with ps3....except those 2 times the guards had infinite health, good thing they were blind, deaf, and couldn feel anything either :D..nontheless i shall always be a sony fan. i always have been since the ps1.i still have mine,2 infact, lol, i dont get what is with the fan wars, i truly don't have a prob;em with either, but ill say this just for the heck of it.... CURSE YOU XBOX. there i did it.

Jexx21
09-25-2012, 03:57 AM
I don't know why there's a fanboy war going on here. The PS3 and the Xbox 360 are both equally inferior to the PC.

Just kidding.

But it's true, lol.

I still love the consoles though.

Soulid_Snake
09-25-2012, 04:05 AM

Same here, sadly it will run better on the 360!

Aphex_Tim
09-25-2012, 08:45 AM
The differences are so small it hardly matters at all. Swapping consoles and games for slightly smoother performance is a waste of money in my eyes.
But to each his own of course.