PDA

View Full Version : How to Preorder AC3

tjbyrum1
09-24-2012, 01:34 AM
Stupid question? Maybe, but I've never pre-ordered a game in my 18 years of living, I just want to make sure I get this right.

So I can go on the Gamestop website, pre-order AC3, and then it WILL be delivered to my house on October 30th? Or will I have to go to Gamestop to pick up my copy?

EscoBlades
09-24-2012, 01:45 AM
Yes you can preorder on their website, and have it delivered to your house.

tjbyrum1
09-24-2012, 01:48 AM
Thanks Mesco.

MetalCreed
09-24-2012, 02:41 AM
Yeah, but you might get it a few days later depending on where you live and what sort of shipping plan you used.

I do the standard shipping and even though it says 5-7 days or something like that it comes to my door in 1-2 days after the release date

tjbyrum1
09-24-2012, 03:32 AM
Mine was $74.99 altogether, so I think I'll just go to Gamestop to get it.

MetalCreed
09-24-2012, 03:41 AM
Mine was $74.99 altogether, so I think I'll just go to Gamestop to get it.

Holy crap, where do you live?

$67 taxes included, I don't think you pay for shipping either I think

Legendz54
09-24-2012, 03:50 AM
If you get it shipped is there a chance you will get it a day or more earlier?

MetalCreed
09-24-2012, 03:54 AM
If you get it shipped is there a chance you will get it a day or more earlier?

Yeah, a chance though there's no guarantee.

an-assassin
09-24-2012, 07:36 AM
I preorderd revelations from ubishop last year, and got it three days early. So you never know. Although, I Think has something to do with the fact, that it was shipped from Germany with enough time, to get to USA at release date, and since I live close to Germany (Denmark) I get it early. :)

masterfenix2009
09-24-2012, 08:36 AM
I just go to the store and say "I'd like to pre-order a game"

BeCk41
09-24-2012, 08:56 AM
I pre-ordered mine via Ubisoft's main site on here, but not sure if I download the game for PC or if it's being delivered.

this is also my first time pre-ordering something... http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/expressive/psst.gif

MT4K
09-24-2012, 10:38 AM
I pre-ordered mine via Ubisoft's main site on here, but not sure if I download the game for PC or if it's being delivered.

this is also my first time pre-ordering something... http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/expressive/psst.gif

It depends if you pre-ordred the download version or not. When you are on the website it should say something like "PC download" if it is a digital version.

Ielgon
09-24-2012, 11:37 AM
Having pre-ordered a lot of things I can say with absolute certainty that it works like this: You preorder something, sometimes pay a little upfront (in the store) or fully (online), wait and then either have it delivered to you or get a message you can come pick it up.

Now about getting it earlier: In my experience having it delivered takes a lot longer than going to pick it up yourself. For example with ACB I ordered one copy of the codex edition at the store and one from ubisoft itself, I could come pick the store copy up around 5 days before release while the ubisoft copy came a week after release (Also got ACR a week before release when I ordered at the store!).

Also keep in mind that the more expensive the edition is the getting, the more likely it'll be that you get it early. This is because expensive editions are usually put together and shipped faster because it's a bigger package and they want to make sure the people who pay more get it in time. Add that to picking it up at the store and that means that the store will get it early and that they want to get them out so they don't have to be walking around with huge packages while hundreds of people come to pick over their normal copy, so they let people pick those up earlier usually. Sometimes it's just the day before or a couple of days but sometimes (like is my experience with AC, probably because ubisoft is generally very good in timing their shipments) it can be a week early.

So to get the fastest experience: Say you'd prefer to pick it up at a store and order the most expensive edition! XD

pacmanate
09-24-2012, 01:35 PM
Online orders arrive on day or before :D

If its later than coming on the day then you are screwed.